Anony Mouse 25-Dec-15
Anony Mouse 25-Dec-15
Anony Mouse 28-Dec-15
Woods Walker 28-Dec-15
Anony Mouse 30-Dec-15
Anony Mouse 25-Feb-17
Anony Mouse 26-Feb-17
23-Oct-15
Blogjogging this afternoon, I came across a number of articles that condense to a common thread:

The Democrats do not believe in the rule of law unless it is a selective rule of law. Officials of the Obama administration can break laws with impunity. Further, they and their administrative operatives can wreck havoc on any citizen for any purpose.

Wisconsin Democrats not particularly interested in protecting citizens’ rights

If you haven’t heard of the screamingly unconstitutional John Doe raids here in Wisconsin, let me walk you through it: prosecutors sent teams of police to raid conservative’s homes in the early morning hours. The families were not allowed to call a lawyer or family, they were bound by gag orders, unable to defend themselves against the ludicrous political assault because they weren’t even told what the ‘investigation’ was about. Home and personal computers were seized, files and untold items taken but even at the end of the raid, the nightmare wasn’t over. You weren’t allowed to speak of it: at all. Not even to tell your inquiring neighbors, family, friends, or employer that you’re innocent.

In their attempt to bring down Governor Scott Walker, Democrats not only trampled conservatives’ constitutional rights, they strangled them to death.

Even after audiotapes were released containing a portion of the over three hour raid of Cindy Archer were released, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal’s Daniel Bice, toeing the progressive line, seized the tape and claimed Archer contradicted herself in her interview with the National Review. Bice, who’s blatant progressive slant can be seen in his work in the MJS as well as his Tweets, fails to acknowledge that the tape did not contain the most crucial moments of the raid.

This type of ‘journalism’ is expected here in Wisconsin and would be laughable if it weren’t so disturbing and part of a national trend to shoot down our constitutional rights and send people off the track of what Democrats’ true intentions are.

Thankfully, upon learning of these heinous crimes, our Legislators sprang to action. Representative Jim Steineke, (R-Kaukauna) writes, “now that we fully understand the abhorrent ways that Wisconsin’s John Doe statues have been blatantly abused by a few politically motivated prosecutors, there’s no time to waste in doing our job to correct this wrong. Unlike some might lead you to believe, our job as legislators isn’t to make it easier for prosecutors to investigate people in secret, it’s to protect the rights of its citizens against these few abusive prosecutors.”

Assembly Bill 68, drafted by Representative Dave Craig, serves to correct the ability for blood thirsty prosecutors to wield the John Doe law as a sword to cut down their enemies and strengthens citizens’ constitutional protections while increasing transparency. This should be encouraged by every politician, regardless of party affiliation, if it were a non-partisian issue, that is.

Even Steineke was left stunned after the votes were tallied: “As much as I hate to admit it, every member of the Democrat party in the WI Assembly voted against these reforms that would protect their constituencies from unwarranted searches and abuse from their government.”

The vote to reform the John Doe laws, to protect our citizens and ensure people are safe in their own homes is not part of the Democrats agenda here in Wisconsin. Their agenda is partisan politics at their worst.

Every citizen in Wisconsin, and even across the United States, needs to know that Assembly Bill 68 was crafted to ensure that no one, regardless of color, creed, or political party, would be awoken to early morning raids by paramilitary teams, held at gunpoint while their homes are ransacked and property seized, simply for engaging in a constitutional right of free speech. And every single citizen needs to be acutely aware that every Representative from the Democrat party refused to vote in favor of protecting the constitutional rights of Wisconsinites.

The agenda of the new Democratic party is not to protect citizens’ rights, but instead to preserve and push their own progressive wishes. And may God have mercy on anyone who gets in their way.

23-Oct-15

23-Oct-15
Someone needs to compare the talking points of the Democrats to translations of Pol Pot during his ascendancy.

23-Oct-15
What law? There ARE no laws for the political elite and the people they select to be above the law.

It's only us a-holes that have to follow the laws or we get the book thrown at us and/or have all our property confiscated.

24-Oct-15

orionsbrother's Link
But this can't be. The Democrats are looking out for the best interests of everyone.

The unfortunate reality, from my living here long enough, is that this kind of house cleaning has nothing to do with reducing corruption. These individuals are undoubtedly being sacrificed because they were not useful enough, or in the way of some other Machiavellian Democrat Machine Program.

It isn't dissimilar to when the Outfit sets up one of their own in order to absorb their turf. Again, nothing to do with the law or right and wrong...just expediency.

24-Oct-15
The absence of proof is not proof, Spike. I don't know why you can't understand this.

24-Oct-15
An oldie, but decent description of how the support is bought from regular people so that they can be free to do as they please.

By Edwin Diamond June 5, 1994

I couldn't have been more than 10 years old when I took part in a padded-payroll scheme not very different from the kind that got Rep. Dan Rostenkowski indicted a few days ago. The time was the mid-1930s, the place was the South Side of Chicago and the scam involved filling out time-sheets for a no-show job "repairing" some street out near the city limits. My penmanship, not my physical presence in the work crew, was needed: My father had to have some handwriting different from his own on one of the two sheets he regularly submitted.

Even a not-too-swift fifth-grader in the Chicago public schools -- I'm placing this felony around 1935 -- could figure out what was going on. For those non-Chicagoans convinced that they know where the Rostenkowski case fits on the scales of justice, the story of my juvenile bit part in the machine politics of the bad old days may provide the small wedge of doubt that is a first step toward true knowledge.

My father was a newspaper man, a sportswriter whose bent was boxing. Actually, he was an out-of-work sportswriter at the time, one of the tens of millions in the same leaky boat during the Great Depression. He had covered the great championship fights of the 1920s -- I still cherish the engraved pocket watch that Jack Dempsey gave him -- only to watch helplessly when his paper, the Journal, closed its doors after the stock market crash. He caught on for a while at the old Chicago Times, but then lost the job when the sports department was cut by management as part of an economy drive. (Some things never change.)

Although my father never told me so directly, along the way he obviously had picked up some markers from "the boys" -- the Democratic Party guys at City Hall. The fight crowd, the newspaper crowd, the political crowd and the crime crowd used to hang around the Bismarck Hotel near City Hall. Perhaps my father got a pair of ringside tickets for Dempsey-Tunney into the hands of the right ward committeeman at some point.

My father died much too soon -- and I never got around to asking him exactly how my no-show job materialized, or what ancestor of Rostenkowski did the skimming. What I do remember, quite vividly, is sitting at the dining room table in our floor-through flat on South Clyde Avenue, filling out work sheets.

There was a summer's worth of potholes to be covered and asphalt laid and concrete spread.

Did I know right from wrong? Of course, just as I assume Rosty did. But I also sensed that the arrangement put food on the same dining room table during the months when my father would get dressed each morning in a suit and tie, borrow a quarter from my mother and take the streetcar down to the Bismarck, hoping to hear that the paper was rehiring, scuffling for a freelance writing assignment. Presumably too that was when he swung by the employee's window at City Hall to collect for our road "work" -- and kick back some percentage to "the boys."

Later, when I was a young veteran studying at the University Park District, a bunch of us scholars once happily calculated that there were 10,000 to 20,000 semi-"no-show" jobs to be disposed of by "the boys" at any given time. At a park playground, for example, I could pass out bats and balls in the morning and come back in the evening to collect them, or open the tennis courts at 7 a.m. and return to lock them at dusk. The time sheets recorded 10 hours of work. The quid pro quo came on election days, when I rang door bells and got little old Democratic ladies and gentlemen to the police station polling place (holding an umbrella if it was raining). And, oh yes, well before equal employment legislation, the Machine practiced a little affirmative action for its own; the "coloreds" -- in the language of the day -- got some share of those playground spots too, though not as many as they should have.

So a lot of us got by in the Depression and at the start of our productive adult lives with a little help from City Hall. It wasn't all that much; I've known some of the Wall Street greedheads of our time, and Dan Rostenkowski is no Michael Milken. Rather, I'd like to think that, in the words of the great Jake LaMotta, "We were just meetin' expenses." Some of us still are; the last time I looked, one of my more hapless cousins had a no-show deal with a Chicago agency. (I don't want to be more specific and get him indicted).

True, "the boys" of my father's and my day -- the spiritual uncles of Danny Rostenkowski -- lined their own pockets. True too, my dad could have applied for relief, and later I as a veteran could have joined the 52-20 club (I think that's what we called it -- a year's unemployment pay at $20 a week). Somehow, however, the idea of the dole didn't seem right to us in those less innocent days.

Why turn to government, when there's politics?

Edwin Diamond, a journalist and author, is currently a visiting fellow at the Annenberg Washington Program for Communications Policy Studies.

24-Oct-15
If you read your post immediately preceding mine, the response is clear.

24-Oct-15
"What law? There ARE no laws for the political elite and the people they select to be above the law."

-Unfortunately that is true, WW. More and more, laws are for serfs and suckers. That's one of many hallmarks of a ruined and dangerous society.

24-Oct-15
Another facet of the war on America is the weakening of our military and destroying its moral.

Obama’s Purge By Capt. Joseph R. John

The article discusses how the US Armed Forces’ need for warriors—-men of rare talent, intellect, and courage that has always been essential for victory in any armed conflict by the US Military, have been systematically purged from the US Armed Forces by the occupant of the Oval Office.– the subtle purge has been underway for nearly 7 years. Over the same nearly 7 years, China, Russia, Iran, and the ISIS Radical Islamic Terrorists have grown in strength, modernized their military weapon systems, and have been honing their combat skills in Crimea, Ukraine, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Lebanon, the Philippines, the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands, and the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea.

Obama’s priority has been to replace warriors in front line combat units with Illegal Aliens who are not proficient in English, women, transgender individuals, felons with police records, and gay members who are being recruited into Obama’s new “Politically Correct” US military. Obama has turned the US Armed Forces into the first major openly gay military force in the world, and last year11,000 straight male members in the US Armed Forces were sexually assaulted by gays—driving the retention rate for straight males to new lows.

The commanding officers of combat forces that once were warriors are slowly being replaced by briefcase-carrying, yes-men and yes-women, more interested in driving the Social Experiment On Diversity into the military, driving the “Political Correct” agenda requirement for promotion, howling out the strength of the US Armed Forces, and purging thousands of senior enlisted Non Commissioned Officers who opposed massive social change in the US Armed Forces. The leaders of Obama’s US Military seem to care more about their careers than about the Obama administration’s downsizing of the US military and the steady degrading of the National Security of the Republic.

The last two Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullins and General Martin Dempsey:

(1) Covered up why armed and ready armed aircraft sitting on the tarmac in Italy and a rapid deployment US Marine Force sitting on the tarmac in Europe were not dispatched to save the lives of the four Americans who were murdered in Benghazi by Radical Islamic Terrorists.

(2) Forced the new & dangerous Rules of Engagement (ROE) on US Combat Forces in harm’s way, those ROE were responsible for increasing combat deaths by 458%/year, and those dangerous ROE increased the wounding & maiming of thousands of military personnel by 378%/year

(3) They both supervised the downsizing of the US Navy to the number of ships the Navy had in its fleet before WWI, reduced the strength of the US Army to the manning level if had before WWII, and allowed the US Air Force to become a smaller and older air force than in any time since 1947

(4) They presided over the purge of hundreds of Senior Officers, General Officers, and Flag Officers, and the removal of thousands of senior enlisted Non Commissioned Officers who opposed Obama’s systematic hollowing out of the US Armed Forces.

(5) They allowed Obama to drive the destructive “Social Experiment On Diversity” into the US Armed Forces resulting in the degrading of unit cohesiveness, unit moral, and the “Combat Effectiveness” of the US Armed Forces.

(6) They systematically drove women into tip of the spear combat hardened units such as US Marine Corps Infantry Units, US Navy Seal Teams, and US Army Ranger Battalions.

(7) For nearly 7 years, the new slate of Politically Correct Flag and General Officers promoted by Obama, failed to oppose the hollowing out of the US Armed Forces, nor did any of them threaten to resign unless the degrading of the US Armed Forces ceased.

Over nearly 7 years, Obama has not only down sized the US Army to a lower manning level than the Army had before WWII, but he has changed the warrior leadership philosophy of the US Army, an Army that was once led by warriors like Generals Pershing, General MacArthur, General Patton, General Bradley, Army Air Force General Curtis LeMay, General Ridgeway, and Genera Schwarzkopf, to the generals that Obama promoted who passed his litmus test for “Political Correctness”.

For 1 ½ years, Obama’s Generals have presided over the Uniform Code of Military Justice case for Bowe Bergdahl, for “Desertion and Misbehavior In The Face Of The Enemy” for leaving his post during combat operations in Afghanistan in June 2009. The case should have been adjudicated in 90 days after Bergdahl returned to the US in May 2014. It now appears, that the Article 32 Fact Finding Hearing Officer, LTC Mark Visger, USA (JAG) is recommending that Bergdahl be released with no jail time, nor that he not receive a punitive Dishonorable Discharge for the charge of “Desertion and Misbehavior In The Face Of The Enemy” .

The Convening Authority, General Creighton W. Abrams, Jr, USA, Commander, US Forces Command, refused to allow the members in Bergdahl’s platoon to testify, even though they witnessed Bergdahl’s desertion, and excluded recorded transmission from the Taliban saying Bergdahl was joining their combat units, from being introduced as evidence into Bergdahl’s Article 32 Hearing. Bergdahl would have been executed in WWII for “Desertion and Misbehavior In The Face of The Enemy.”

We encourage you to read the below listed article and forward it to those in your address book who would support halting the continued hollowing out of the US Armed Forces.

Copyright 2015, Capt. Joseph R. John. All Rights Reserved. This material can only be posted on another Web site or distributed on the Internet by giving full credit to the author. It may not be published, broadcast, or rewritten without permission from the author

Joseph R. John, USNA ‘62 Capt USN(Ret) Chairman, Combat Veterans For Congress PAC

24-Oct-15

24-Oct-15
Spike, no specifics and no proof equals making chit up. And then you proclaim it is fact.

Think about that and consider its impact on your credibility.

24-Oct-15

Anony Mouse's Link

24-Oct-15
From IOTWReport:

SEX OFFENDER APPREHENDED ILLEGALLY RE-ENTERING U.S.

The apprehension comes the same week Senate Democrats blocked legislation that would, in part, have upped the penalty for illegal reentry.

Border Patrol agents in New Mexico are holding an illegal immigrant sex offender after he illegally reentered the U.S. across the southern border.

Customs and Border Protection revealed Friday that earlier this week Border Patrol Agents from the Santa Teresa Station intercepted five individuals climbing through a hole in the border fence.

The agents chased the five subjects, finding them as they tried to hide in desert brush. One of the five illegal immigrants was Mario Perez-Contrera who had, what CBP described as, an “extensive criminal history.”

Perez-Contrera’s criminal history included a felony “Distributing via Electronic Communication Material Relates/Describes Sexual Conduct to a Child” and a prior conviction for sexual assault in Hastings, Minnesota. Both took place in 2012.

“This incident demonstrates how vigilance by U.S. Border Patrol Agents and the ability to rapidly respond is combating the furtherance of dangerous criminals into our community, while keeping our nation’s borders safe,” CBP added in a release.

According to CBP, Perez-Contreras is being prosecuted for illegal reentry.

The apprehension comes the same week Senate Democrats blocked legislation that would, in part, have upped the penalty for illegal reentry.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), also a GOP candidate for president, reintroduced the “Establishing Mandatory Minimums for Illegal Reentry Act of 2015” Wednesday.

“This ought to be a clear choice: With whom do you stand? I hope my colleagues in the Senate will support this bill and stand with the American people – the people we should be protecting – rather than convicted felons like the murderer of Kate Steinle,” Cruz said Thursday, referencing the Kathryn Steinle, who was murdered in July by an illegal immigrant criminal who had been deported at least five times.

And of course, these are the same Democrats who support BLM and desire to erase the 2A.

24-Oct-15
Just execute them right then and there. It'll save everyone a lot of grief later on. What? What's that you say? That wouldn't be legal? LMAO! Like being legal actually matters anymore!

Anarchy is here and growing. Get used to it.

25-Oct-15

HA/KS's Link
Mouse, WW - TNR - works for cats (at least bunny-huggers claim it does).

If you are not aware of TNR, look it up.

25-Oct-15
"Just execute them right then and there. It'll save everyone a lot of grief later on. What? What's that you say? That wouldn't be legal? LMAO! Like being legal actually matters anymore!"

Caution....Coarse Language Alert

Works for me.

25-Oct-15
Me too.

Turn our armed forces loose on ISIS...WITHOUT the say of the Sh*t Bag In Chief...and they'll wish they'd never been born.

"Let them hate so long as they fear." (Oderint Dum Metuant) Lucius Accius, Fragment (170 BC - 86 BC)

25-Oct-15
Not to be narrow sited but what happened with bill 68, and was the prosecutor charged for illegal actions in Wis.

25-Oct-15
Legal? Surely you jest. Laws are just tools of a politicized government. We have no true laws anymore, just selective persecution of people you don't agree with or challange your political power and agenda.

25-Oct-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

25-Oct-15
The Banana Republic of America

The American justice system is not without its flaws as we’ve seen all too many times. A grievous crime is committed and the perpetrator is never discovered. Sometimes there is a suspect who seems to be the perfect candidate but a grand jury doesn’t find sufficient evidence for the prosecutors to move forward. And in other cases, even if you get them to trial a jury doesn’t see things the same way as the public. (O.J anyone?) In very rare cases a pardon can be issued and the system seems to have been short sheeted. (Democrats will always cite Nixon for that one.) But all of these scenarios have one thing in common: the rule of law was followed, the accused were given their fair shot at defending themselves and the republic managed to stumble along on its way.

But what if the case never even makes it into the system? If a crime is perceived by the public to have been committed but the government fails to even attempt the prosecution a new problem emerges. Kevin D. Williamson at National Review has looked over the Justice Department’s decision not to pursue a case against Lois Lerner (or anyone at the IRS) and determined that we may be approaching Banana Republic status.

I think this makes it clear that the Department of Justice either cannot or will not do its job. Lois Lerner’s cynical, overt politicization of the Internal Revenue Service, and the fact that she and other IRS leaders misled investigators, Congress, and the public about the extent of the IRS’s political shenanigans, undermines the legitimacy of the federal government. DOJ won’t lift a pinky against a friend of the Obama administration. This is banana-republic stuff.

This is a subject we’ve broached here of late, though not in quite so overt terms. It’s become obvious that nobody in the federal government can be fired… for anything. And we’re not even talking about criminal prosecution in many cases. The rules are set up such that you can’t fire an incompetent worker bee without the unions tying the case up for years. And if it’s someone in a position of authority, firing them could make it look like an admission of error on the part of the administration. Much better to simply let them retire with benefits and wait for the public outcry to blow over.

But sometimes the various inspectors general will actually do their jobs and look into allegations of wrongdoing. Lengthy investigations take place and recommendations are made to the Justice Department. But if the person in question is too well established, such as the case of the IGs finding that Huma Abedin could be prosecuted for embezzlement, then Justice can simply shrug their shoulders and turn a blind eye. In case you forgot, here’s how they explained that case to the Washington Post.

The “alleged violations” cited were improperly requesting and approving annual leave and “embezzlement,” the documents state.

“The case was not declined based on the merits of the investigation,” stated the final investigative report, dated Jan. 26.

Such a designation usually means federal prosecutors decided not to pursue a case, but only because they didn’t think it worth the resources, not because the facts and evidence couldn’t support a case.

Here we have a person who is so tightly joined at the hip to the Democrats’ presidential frontrunner that you’d need a surgical saw (or the bars of a prison) to separate them. Having something as untidy as her being hauled into court for embezzlement would be a tremendous embarrassment to the campaign. So it’s hard to draw any other conclusion than the one reached by Williamson: the Justice Department either could not or would not do their jobs. After more than a year of investigations the case was simply flushed down the drain and Hillary and her assistant went merrily on their way.

Banana republic stuff indeed.

25-Oct-15
The Obama Democrat Party (abetted by the GoP leadership)and the OPRESS™ are the defenders of the open-border-let-them-all-in policy. However, it is the entire Democrat Party that does not want to do anything about the fall-out of crime committed by ILLEGAL immigrants:

Attkisson: Illegal Immigrant Crime ‘Self-Censored’ By Media, Most Would Be ‘Surprised’ At How Large Problem Is

“Full Measure” host Sharyl Attkisson said, “most Americans would be very surprised to hear how large the problem” of crimes committed by illegal immigrants is and “many in the media have self-censored the topic” on Friday’s “O’Reilly Factor” on the Fox News Channel.

Attkisson stated, “I think most Americans would be very surprised to hear how large the problem is, of illegal immigrants who come here, not talking about the law-abiding, deserving citizens we hear about a lot, but the ones who go on to commit felonies in the United States, and then the subset of tens of thousands who nonetheless are then rereleased back into the US where they go on to commit more serious crime, including thousands of murders — or hundreds of murders and thousands of rapes, over just a two year period.”

She added, “we discuss in the piece the theory on the part of victims’ families, that both Democrats and Republicans have a vested interest in the dysfunctional system as is, and because they are motivated by their interest and special interests, they are being told or asked not to address, even this subset of the population, the ones who commit serious crime.”

When asked what the Republican interest is, she responded, “The victims’ families believe they’re just bowing to special interests, because they don’t want to crack down on the problem at all, because they get cheap labor.”

Attkisson said she knows she’ll be accused of racism for running the story, but, “That’s why we’re doing the story. We know that this is a very important issue on the minds of many Americans, but that many in the media have self-censored the topic even though it’s significant for the public, and our show is all about bringing forth facts that others don’t want you to hear.”

Attkisson stated that while the show will air on CBS “in many markets,” she doubts that her former employer would have run the piece.

26-Oct-15
No, Spike, you make assertions of fact, not opinion.

If I say that "Chas LaVersa had sex with Bruce Jenner yesterday" that is a statement proclaiming that as fact. If, on the other hand, I say that "Chas LaVersa is a communist, in my opinion," that is clearly a statement of opinion.

You make "statements of fact" that are clearly not fact. And when I call you on it, I get attitude. This is not a court of law, but if you're going to proclaim it as fact, you have to have something to back it up. Instead, you proffer your "opinions and beliefs and conspiracy theories" as though they are facts.

And, you're going off the deep end. Between this thread and the Megyn Kelly one, you're in dire need of a reboot.

26-Oct-15

THIS is What Happens When Democrats Take Over American Cities

Townhall gives 5 ways liberalism destroyed Detroit:

Detroit was once one of the world’s great cities. It was the 4th largest metropolis in America, jobs were plentiful because of the auto industry, and Motown even kept it on the cutting edge musically.

Unfortunately, from 1962 until the present day, the mayor of Detroit has been a Democrat.

The result?

Detroit’s population has dropped from 1.8 million to just over 700,000, the unemployment rate is over 50% if you count the people who’ve given up on finding jobs, property values have dropped so much you can buy homes in the crime-ridden city for $500, and Detroit has gone bankrupt.

How did Democrats kill one of the most prosperous cities in America? With the same sort of unfettered liberalism that Democrats like Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi want to foist on the rest of the nation.

1) Unions crippled the auto industry: The Big 3 automakers could afford unions when they practically had a monopoly on auto production in the United States. However, once they started facing real competition from overseas, the unions made them less and less competitive. The unions forced the companies to pay out more than market value for their workers, put stifling work rules in place that made flexibility and innovation difficult, and created generous pension plans that are proving to be unsustainable.

This wouldn’t have been possible without a symbiotic relationship between the unions and the Democrats in government who tied the hands of the Big 3 automakers and simply wouldn’t allow them to get rid of the unions that were slowly strangling them to death. Eventually because of the unions, the Big 3 automakers had to deal with significantly larger costs per car than their overseas competitors and they took it out of the only place they could: the cars. As the quality of their products dropped, their competitors took an ever larger share of their market, and there were fewer jobs to go around. If you want to know why the “Motor City” is up on cinder blocks in Michigan’s front yard, this is where it started.

2) White citizens were demonized until they left: Detroit was a heavily segregated city and in 1967, there were black riots. After that, white flight to the suburbs began. This was dramatically exacerbated when Coleman Young became Detroit’s first black mayor in 1972. Young was cut from the same cloth as men like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, but unlike the two of them, he actually had power. Young systematically drove white government employees out of their jobs so they could be replaced by blacks, was hostile to the white suburbs, and was generally perceived as anti-white. Naturally, a lot of white people just left, which reduced the population and significantly cut into the tax base. Today, Detroit is a 7.9% white city, and if he were alive and kicking, that would probably suit Coleman Young just fine.

3) Out-of-control crime helped drive much of the black middle class out of the city: Ever heard of “Devil’s Night?” It’s the night before Halloween and in Detroit, fires are set all over the city. Combine the sort of criminal mentality that produces an unofficial “holiday” like that with a sky high unemployment rate and Draconian laws designed to make it difficult for law abiding citizens to arm themselves, and it’s not a surprise that crime is a problem in Detroit. However, the issue goes much deeper than that. In case you haven’t noticed, in a conflict between a cop and a criminal, the hearts of liberals almost always seem to bleed for the thug. Combine that with the liberal tendency, when money gets tight, to cut essential programs instead of their perks and the goodies they hand out to their supporters, and you end up with a police department that is both dramatically underfunded and completely incompetent.

How bad has it gotten?

“The size of the police force in Detroit has been cut by about 40 percent over the past decade,” “it takes (the police) an average of 58 minutes to respond” to a call and the “police solve less than 10 percent of the crimes that are committed in Detroit.”

4) Reckless government spending bankrupted the city: Detroit’s tax base has been plunging like an anvil dropped into the Marianas Trench and so, in true liberal fashion, liberals have raised taxes to make up for it instead of cutting spending. “The city’s per-capita tax burden is the highest in Michigan. Detroit has the country’s highest property taxes on homes, the top commercial property tax and the second-highest industrial property tax.” Unfortunately for Detroit, you can’t get blood from a stone. As jobs and wealth fled the city, there was simply less cash available for big government programs, pensions, and the incredibly generous, but almost completely unfunded union health care program. It’s fantastic that the city paid “80 percent to 100 percent of retirees’ medical costs,” but 99.6% of those costs were unfunded. As Obamacare supporters should have learned by now, it’s a lot easier for politicians to make big promises about what they’re going to give you than it is to back them up in the real world.

5) The government is completely incompetent: Ever notice that the bigger government seems to get, the less it does anything well? Citizens of Detroit could tell you all about that. The school system is horrible, which explains why a staggering 47% of the population is illiterate. In addition, 40% of the street lights don’t work, only about 1/3 of the ambulances are running, and 2/3 of the parks have been closed since 2008. Just to give you an idea of its priorities, an independent report in 2012 suggested the city fire 80% of the Water and Sewage Department including a horseshoer” that it has on staff even though it has NO HORSES.. How did the union respond to that report? “They don’t have enough people as it is right now. They are just dreaming to think they can operate that plant with less.” Detroit may not have enough police, ambulances, or competent teachers, but if you ever need a horseshoe in the Motor City, they’ve got you covered.

27-Oct-15
“By calling attention to a well-regulated militia, the security of the nation, and the right of each citizen to keep and bear arms, our founding forefathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of government tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains a major declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”

John F. Kennedy; April 1960.

27-Oct-15
Kennedy would not be part of today's proregressive Democrat-Communist Party of today.

I wish I had titled this thread: The Democrat war on America.

New study confirms economy was destroyed by Democrat policies

27-Oct-15
Spike,

I just happened upon your post and this.."You are starting to think like Rocky!"

I appreciate the reference in name. In the very least I occupy a portion of your sub conscious to immediately equate me. Never believe what others appear to think or how they portray their thinking process. Most do not know the game or how to approach it because they allow their composure to desert them. That revelation to anyone, including a wife could be a major disadvantage in the long run. Keep all believing and all knowing but always guessing and never knowing to be absolutely sure. Once predictable your future actions become a certainty and a disaster that could have easily been avoided. #1 rule of war. Life is an ongoing war. ;-)

Marv: " What ever became of that redhead you were in love with Foxx.. Foxx: " I dumped her quick". Marv: " Why"....Foxx: She asked the wrong question one night in bed"...Marv: " What was the question"...Foxx: " What are you thinking".

Wall Street..1985

The Rock

27-Oct-15
Wait a minute Mouse, the Head TBVIECian clearly stated otherwise..)

28-Oct-15
Crimson's right! It's Bush's fault! Obama has had absolutely NOTHING to do with it! He's been straight up with us from the git-go and never lies to us, not even once. The world is a better,safer place and our economy has never been any better since he took over.

Maybe we need to make him President for life.

28-Oct-15
"You clowns fight over God and guns"

God, yes we do have some spirited discussions related to God, but GUNS????

That right there shows you are a troll and have no clue!!!

WE NEVER ARGUE ABOUT GUNS!!!! WE ALL ARE IN AGREEMENT ON GUNS. BUY AS MANY AS YOU CAN, AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN!!!

"make your kids stupider than yourself."

BTW, oh superior one, I'm no English major, but I'm pretty sure it's "more stupid".

I can't believe I just corrected someone's grammar. I think I'm done for the day!!! LOL

28-Oct-15
Well, considering that he has a MI government email and posts from Ann Arbor, his comments are reasonable for the venue.

Ann Arbor is the home of the University of Michigan (the ones that loose games on the last play because they just do not know how to "finish" a game). UM is more focused on diversity, Muslim religious footbaths paid by taxpayers, anti-2A, concern with how microaggression concerns subvert free speech, PC thought more important than reason and logic, etc.

I do give Joe credit though...he appears to be a legitimate registrant unlike trolls who falsify their registration.

28-Oct-15
Redarrow...take your racial comments elsewhere. The people who post on the Bowsite are far from racist.

I know...I am Black and have been treated most respectfully even when some of my posts have not been in line with the common thought.

You must be one of those liberal brain damaged types from one of those democrat hell holes like Detroit, Flint, Saginaw, Ann Arbor, etc.

28-Oct-15
Yes, Democrat policies are a destructive force in out culture, politics, and military.

This is readily apparent to any reasonable person. What I have to conclude is that Republicans do as the Dems did and suspend the rules in the congress and railroad bills through to reverse these things. That and we need to win the presidency badly.

28-Oct-15
QUESTION: Do any of you have any percentage figures on how may Democrats compared to independants and Republicans are employed by the US Gavernment? From what I see here in Oregon its in the 90 Percentile or more range./

God bless, Steve

question

28-Oct-15
BOHICA

DHS OFFERING EMPLOYERS CASH IF THEY HIRE ALIEN COLLEGE GRADS OVER CITIZENS

Good news, recent alien college graduate! Thanks to President Obama's executive actions and an incentive program launched by the Department of Homeland Security, employers are much more likely to hire you before they would a native college grad. It falls under the department's Optional Practical Training program, which currently gives recent alien graduates a one-year work permit and employers a cash bonus. The new rule not only adds a generous extension, it will also offer a bigger cash payout to employers who hire them.

As the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) notes, an illegal alien who majored in any of the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields will get an additional 17 months of permitted work, expanding their initial year guarantee to over two years. DHS has also upped the incentive for U.S. employers to hire non-citizens by offering them an increase from $10,000 to at least $12,000 to hire an alien STEM graduate.

CIS' David North writes:

I searched the proposed rule that appears in today's Federal Register for references to payroll taxes (FICA, the Federal Insurance Contributions Act) and found none. I guess DHS does not want us to know about the generous tax break that both employers and aliens get from this program. I find it intellectually dishonest not to mention this tax break in a long, extremely detailed document on this subject.

All of this leads North to the most plausible conclusion: this is no "training" program as DHS designates, but "just one more foreign worker program that has nothing to do with students" and one that favors "aliens rather than citizens."

This seems appropriate:

30-Oct-15
Good luck with that. It'll never happen. That smug SOB is laughing at us as we speak. He KNOWS he's untouchable. Obama said so.

"...not a smidgeon..."

30-Oct-15
SICK: Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) Endangers Military by Playing Politics with Weapons Purchases

By Institute for Legislative Action

In 1995, Bob Dole said of Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), “[t]he most dangerous place is between him and a camera.”

Last Friday, Schumer publicly announced a plan to require bidders for a $580 million Department of Defense contract to supply the U.S. Army with handguns to submit to questioning regarding efforts to push a gun control agenda. The fact is, Schumer’s attempt to subject the vital fighting equipment of our nation’s servicemen and women to petty politics is nothing more than a cynical attempt to indulge his lust for press coverage, and is a reckless and dangerous threat to the safety of our service men and women.

The sole intent of the DOD procurement process should be to equip our fighting men and women with the best arms for their mission. To factor in the supplier’s willingness to kowtow to Schumer’s gun control demands alongside criteria such as accuracy and reliability risks supplying our troops with inferior equipment. Our soldier’s lives rely in part on the functional capability of their weapons, and to suggest that these soldiers should be used as a political pawn to enact gun control the Senator cannot achieve through our democratic process is reprehensible.

The specifics of the proposal are outlined in a letter from Schumer to Secretary of the Army John M. McHugh.

Schumer is encouraging federal agencies to require that bidding manufacturers only sell firearms to the civilian market through dealers that do not transfer a firearm where (in his words) there has not been a “completed” background check. Of course, all gun dealers are already required to conduct a NICS check prior to transferring any firearm. However, if the FBI delays a transfer for further research into a transferee’s background, but after three days is unable to determine whether the person is eligible to possess firearms, the dealer may transfer the firearm. This is an important safety-valve that restricts the federal government from arbitrarily barring individuals from acquiring firearms by delaying them in perpetuity. In the rare case that a firearm is transferred to an individual after the safety-valve period and they are later found to be prohibited, ATF routinely sends people out to retrieve the firearm.

Further, Schumer wants federal agencies to “require all participating bidders to lay out a plan for the development and sale of smart or childproof guns and accessories.”

Unfortunately, Schumer isn’t the first to put forward such a careless proposal. Back in 2000, the Clinton administration tried to strong-arm firearms manufacturers into carrying out their gun control wish list by promising lucrative local police contracts to those who signed onto an agreement with several gun control provisions. Notably, then-Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary and current Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo threatened defiant gun companies if they did not comply. Cuomo made clear to one industry member that they risked business by defying the administration, stating, “I have a lot of push with these Democratic mayors." A more recent attempt to influence gun companies through government contracting was carried out by Jersey City, N.J. Mayor Steven Fulop.

In a press release, Schumer said that his recent proposal is “a smart way to use the federal government’s market power to force gun makers to change.” Odd, those whose lives depend on the proper functioning of their firearms when their lives are in the balance seem to think this strategy is decidedly wrong-headed.

An April 2000 Los Angeles Times article detailed the pressure the Clinton administration attempted to exert on local police forces to purchase from certain manufacturers. Capt. Garry Leonard of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told the paper, “Politics aren't going to enter into how we choose our firearms… When you think of what we do for a living, we just can't take chances.” President of the Fraternal Order of Police Gilbert G. Gallegos also made clear that “’Adherence to a particular political philosophy’ shouldn't play a part in gun purchases.”

Even billionaire gun control bankroller Michael Bloomberg seemingly knows better than to play politics with the vital equipment of those who protect us. When asked in 2011 about a proposal to use the NYPD’s handgun purchasing power to boycott a particular manufacturer, then-Mayor Bloomberg brushed-off the idea, stating, “The trouble is, if we boycott one, you probably have to boycott all of them and then you go back to the days when the crooks had better guns than the cops. We don't want our cops out-armed, out-gunned.”

Schumer’s radical idea to compromise the safety of our service members in furtherance of his own political agenda should be rejected out of hand. The U.S. Army is no place to conduct dangerous political experiments with proposals that the people and the legislatures have repeatedly rejected.

31-Oct-15

02-Nov-15
Leaked DHS memo shows Obama might circumvent DAPA injunction

GOP: Obama circumventing Senate in Paris climate deal talks

Of course, with McConnel et. al., "At this point, what difference does it make?"

02-Nov-15

05-Nov-15

Anony Mouse's Link

06-Nov-15
It says a lot about a party and its moral stance when the best candidate that they can come up with is a convicted murderer...

INDIANA DEMOCRAT CHARGED WITH MURDER WINS RE-ELECTION

No one in East Chicago thought it might be a good idea to run against the Democrat councilman faced with murder and federal drug charges – so he won behind bars.

Robert “Coop” Battle, Indiana’s councilman from East Chicago 3rd District, won an uncontested re-election bid on Tuesday while sitting inside the Lake County Jail.

Battle was arrested in connection with the Oct. 12 shooting death of Reimundo Camarillo Jr., in East Chicago, the Munster Times reported Tuesday. He

The councilman also faces charges connected to a recent traffic stop where Porter County police found 73 pounds of marijuana and more than $100,000 cash in his car, the newspaper reported.

And it tells a lot about the people that actually elected him.

09-Nov-15

Anony Mouse's Link
BOHICA

09-Nov-15
I'll let Ted speak for me on this topic ;o)

09-Nov-15
Hopefully Ted is soon speaking for all of America.

10-Nov-15
Obama Admin Decides Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps Is Not A Terror Group… Via Free Beacon:

The State Department does not currently believe that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps should be designated as a foreign terrorist organization despite the military organization’s efforts to procure nuclear materials and conduct terrorist operations across the globe, according to a State Department official who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon.

Obama administration officials last week were hesitant to address the issue during testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee. When asked to clarify its position on the corps, a State Department official told the Free Beacon that now is not the time to formally designate the military group as a terrorist organization.

Iranian officials have insisted that any new sanctions from the United States would be considered a violation of the recent nuclear deal and cause for Iran to walk away from the agreement.

The State Department maintains that the sanctions in place on the corps, which target certain individuals and actions, are enough to rein in the group’s rogue behavior. Iran itself is designated as a state sponsor of terror.

14-Nov-15
Kerry: I agree with Obama. America doesn't need no stinkin' Constitution.

KERRY: Hey, that UN Global Warming Treaty we signed is legally binding and the Senate gets no say in the matter.

By John Binder

Now, apparently, there’s a United Nations global warming initiative that Congress won’t even get the chance to vote on.

Secretary of State John Kerry walked back remarks that a future United Nations global warming treaty would not be legally binding. Now Kerry says a climate treaty would, in fact, be legally binding and not require Senate approval.

“Our position has not changed: the U.S. is pressing for an agreement that contains provisions both legally binding and non-legally binding,” the State Department told Politico regarding Kerry’s Thursday remarks.

Kerry told The Financial Times Thursday that a U.N. treaty to reduce global carbon dioxide emissions is “definitively not going to be a treaty.” At the same time, European officials were arguing the treaty would be legally binding — contradicting Kerry.

“The FT interview with Secretary Kerry may have been read to suggest that the U.S. supports a completely non-binding approach,” the State Department spokesperson said. “That is not the case and that is not Secretary Kerry’s position.”

Nothing to see here. Just more of the ‘we’ll do whatever we please’ from the Obama administration.

14-Nov-15

16-Nov-15

Anony Mouse's Link

20-Nov-15
http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/11/the-dnc-just-lost-its-mind-and-maybe-its-own-base-with-this-new-ad/

Seriously…who approved this thing?

Since footage of the terrorist attacks in Paris started plastering itself across our computer and television screens, the country—and the rest of the world, at this point—has been engaged in a knock down, drag out battle royale over refugees, terrorists, refugees who might be terrorists, and most notably, the influence and effects of Islamic culture in America.

Everyone—from our grandmas to our long lost high school frienemies to the presidential candidates from both parties—have chimed in with condolences, opinions, and solutions to address the refugee crisis and the rise of radical Islam.

The key word here is radical. By and large, the commentary has centered on how to counter the threat of radical Islamic terrorism on American soil, but even so, the this-or-that-and-nothing-else-type arguments posited by talking heads and politicians have acted as chum in the water for comms shops and operatives looking to update the RAAAAACISM narrative for the 2016 cycle.

It’s been an ugly time on Facebook on Twitter—and the DNC wants you to know that they’re watching. They put out an ad today accusing the Republican presidential candidates of lumping all Muslims together with ISIS and other radical sects. The only problem is, they couldn’t seem to find a single example of a Republican presidential candidate lumping all Muslims together with ISIS and other radical sects.

Watch this nonsense:

Ridiculous. Embarrassing. The stupidity and blatant intellectual dishonesty of this ad makes me hostile. Normally, what the DNC says and does pales in comparison to the follies of the social justice warriors and 60s-era “activist” sect, but this is just too much.

The DNC rails in this ad about “incitement,” saying that inciting fear “isn’t presidential”; the problem is that this very ad attempts to incite more fear than even the most radically offensive, white hood-wearing, backwoods racist could ever hope for.

They don’t want you to be afraid of radical Islamists. They want you to be afraid of Republicans. I’m not sure how this messaging could get any stupider or more opportunistic, but I welcome the comments section to have some fun with it.

Most importantly, as Alex Griswold points out, the DNC may have just alienated their own base:

To begin with, the ad is horribly tone-deaf. I don’t doubt that the decision-makers in the Democratic Party are horrified by the phrase “radical Islam.” But a new poll released today on the issue found that a supermajority of Americans agree that the United States is at war with radical Islam, including 56% of Democratic voters. Only 24% of the country agrees with the president. So right off the bat, the Democratic Party is attacking Republicans for a stance their own voters agree with.

But of course, the ad attacked Republicans for just saying “radical Islam,” not saying we’re at war with it. Well, 92% of Americans also say “radical Islamic terrorism” is a serious threat to the United States. But hey, at least the DNC is making inroads with that 8%.

To say nothing of the timing behind the ad. Literally any other time of the year, voters might have just rolled their eyes at the unbearable PC-ness of it all. But the DNC ad comes after a series of major terrorist attacks across the globe… and after President Barack Obama gave a speech in response that left the impression that he was more fired up about attacking his domestic critics than taking on ISIS. To attack Republicans for “inciting fear” about radical Islam in the wake of nonstop news about radical Islamic terror is just an unbelievable misfire.

This reeks of desperation. The DNC knows that right now, what Americans want is reassurance. That reassurance may not come out of the mouth of Donald Trump, but it sure as hell isn’t coming out of the gaping maw of the Obama administration. This was a ploy to redraw political battle lines over “racism” and “profiling” and “problematic policies,” but all they’ve done is draw their own supporters right out of the conversation they’re so desperate to lead.

Welcome to slow clap politics.

21-Nov-15
IRS arm of the anti-American Obamunist forces:

PERFECT: The IRS Says You Can’t Sue Them Unless They Say You Can

Department of Justice lawyers claimed Wednesday the IRS cannot be sued for damages by the estimated 330,000 taxpayers victimized by hackers who earlier this year breached the federal tax agency’s computer files.

Plaintiffs Becky Welborn and Wendy Windrich’s claim of damage under the Privacy Act and the Administrative Procedures Act cannot be pursued because the doctrine of Sovereign Immunity, which holds the federal government immune to damage claims unless it agrees to such litigation.

Without such an agreement from the IRS, the federal courts have no jurisdiction over the damage claim filed by Welborn and Windrich, according to Justice Department lawyers.

The government’s lawyers also argued in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia that the tax agency can only be sued on claims involving alleged violations of the IRS tax code’s privacy provisions to protect the confidentiality of documents submitted by taxpayers.

In addition, “their alleged injuries — in general terms, the future threat of a cybersecurity breach and the voluntarily incurred costs intended to prevent future theft — are not sufficient to establish an imminent injury that is certainly impending,” the government argued, according to Law360.

Welborn and Windrich were participants in the IRS’s online “Get Transcript” service that allows taxpayers to access their tax information and tax returns from prior years. Participants must answer a series of unique questions about themselves and their financial affairs before the system allows them to login.

But the hackers compromised the system and gained access to the Social Security numbers, current and past W-2s, tax returns, personal identification data like home addresses and details about financial assets and debts of more than 330,000 taxpayers and businesses.

The IRS did not publicly admit the hack had taken place until April, at least two months after the government’s computer files were breached.

“What should have been a trustworthy digital service had been compromised and is yet the latest sign that the U.S. government cannot be relied upon to keep the personal data of its citizens safe,” Welborn and Windrich said in their complaint. “As custodians of taxpayer information, the IRS has an obligation to protect the confidentiality of sensitive information against unauthorized access or loss.”

The IRS hacking was among many in recent months, including breaches of the federal government’s central personnel data file maintained by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). The OPM breach compromised personal and financial information on millions of current and retired civil servants and their families.

Read more at Daily Caller.

24-Nov-15
Keep an eye on this story...

Matt Drudge Drops a Bombshell Claim About the U.S. and ISIS

Matt Drudge, the founder of the Drudge Report, is pretty much reclusive these days. He doesn’t tweet from his personal, and verified, Twitter account often. In fact, he at times tweets something, then eventually deletes it.

But, when he makes a claim on Twitter, rest assured he has a reason and sources to back up that claim. What he posted on Twitter on Tuesday morning should send waves of anger and chills through every single American.

Here is the bombshell claim that Matt Drudge tweeted to his 325K followers.

A shocking truth is unfolding: America has been arming ISIS…

— MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) November 24, 2015

There was no further information given. Rest assured we will be checking not only his Twitter account, but also the Drudge Report for any further information regarding this claim.

This story is developing.

27-Nov-15
Flying Fecal Matter Warning!

Remember Obama's assurance about the really truly secure in depth vetting of his importation of ISIS terrorists into the country?

BOHICA and BMB:

Obama Bans Law Enforcement From Asking Syrian Refugees Which Religion They Follow…

No joke.

Via Independent Sentinel:

Obama found another way to keep us from fighting terrorism. US law enforcement who interview Syrian refugees are banned from asking questions about the person’s religious affiliations or beliefs. This came down from Obama-on-high in the form of a policy memorandum.

It has become increasingly difficult for the FBI to find out the most key information from refugees out of Political Correctness.

The ACLU is almost always behind these changes and Obama is only too glad to cooperate because he is one of them.

“These gradual but severe restrictions were coupled with a simultaneous reduction in accurate, fact-based training to address the nature of the threat we face, leaving us inadequately prepared for the challenges we face today,” a government source familiar with national security told The Daily Caller.

DHS officers probably can’t ask if they are members of al-Qaida, the Muslim Brotherhood, Boko Haram and so on. Barack Obama is and has been very supportive of the Muslim Brotherhood despite the fact that they are a terrorist group serving as the umbrella organization for most other Muslim terrorist groups. They are the PR people.

The interviewers would not be able to ask about views towards various terrorists, some operating out of mosques in the US. The Ft. Hood shooter wouldn’t have been able to be asked about religion. He sent emails to Amwar Awlaki, an American and former imam, which made it clear that the shooter was a terrorist to all but Obama. That and his shouting Allahu Akbar.

It’s how they uncovered evidence around all terrorist activities – looking at associations. Interviews no longer include any intimidation techniques and now when the FBI interviews, they can’t ask the pertinent questions.

The DHS civil rights leftists began investigating Customs and Border Protection agents because CAIR, the Council on American–Islamic Relations which is tied to the Muslim Brotherhood and specifically Hamas, complained about the questions being asked such as those concerning known affiliations with Islamic organizations.

Keep reading

27-Nov-15

27-Nov-15

27-Nov-15

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

28-Nov-15

HA/KS's Link
"Suddenly I had an epiphany: this system of larceny, corruption, and terror that I encountered firsthand in the confinement center is exactly the same system that has been adopted and perfected by modern progressivism and the Democratic Party. This book is an exposé of Obama, Hillary, and modern liberalism, not as a defective movement of ideas, but as a crime syndicate.”"

28-Nov-15

07-Dec-15
In Aftermath of Terror Atrocities, Democrat Pols Display Solidarity With Islam

Summary of article:

"It has reached the point where voting for Democrats is an act of treason."

08-Dec-15
Spike, be sure to also try to get us to believe that there is no difference between a bad guy with a gun and good guy with a gun.

08-Dec-15
Spike has once again entered the Twilight Zone!

08-Dec-15
I don't operate by 'feeling,' Spike. I operate by thinking.

08-Dec-15
Warning: take personal conflicts/digressive comments to PMs or elsewhere. Stay on topic.

TOTs will be applied.

09-Dec-15
Democrats Introducing Bill To Make It Easier For Immigrants To Enter The U.S.

Congress is set to vote on Thursday on what some have called an “unprecedented” right that would allow immigrants easier access to relocate to the United States, according to new legislation offered by a Democratic senator.

The legislation, which is being offered by Sen. Patrick Leahy (D., Vt.) as an amendment to a larger bill governing nuclear safety, would prohibit the U.S. government from barring any individual from entering the country based on their religion.

The bill comes amid a fierce national debate about immigration to America, particularly for individuals coming from Muslim-majority nations. Critics of the Obama administration’s refugee plan, which would permit up to 10,000 Syrians into the country, maintain that there are not enough oversight measures in place to ensure that immigrants are not linked to terrorists or various terror organizations, such as the Islamic State.

Keep reading…

11-Dec-15
DHS: Could Have Stopped #SanBernardino Attack but Didn’t Because…

No borders...no vetting...and basically Obama, the proregressive Democrats and the moderate GoP have made common sense prevention of terrorism in the US a PC issue...

11-Dec-15
21-Dec-15
Oh..Oh... We might upset the Iranians and they might not not not hold to the non-treaty-treaty that they signed with Obama/Kerry if we come down hard on Islamist terrorists.

Now this...NOT SHOCKING, LITERALLY: Obama’s Iranian Partners in Peace Trying to Bring Down U.S. Electric Grid

Iranian cyber-attackers have been targeting the U.S. electrical grid’s networks and stealing highly sensitive data, an Associated Press investigation revealed on Monday.

Brian Wallace, a researcher at the cyber-security firm Cylance, discovered that critical files from Calpine Corporation, which operates 82 power plants in 18 states and Canada, were stolen in a breach that began around August 2013 and may be ongoing. The information in those files included passwords, diagrams, and sensitive engineering designs of power plants, at least one of which was marked “Mission Critical.” After analyzing circumstantial evidence, investigators concluded that the data was compromised by Iranian hackers.

read more >>>

21-Dec-15
Kerry Suggests Obama Regime Will Help Iran Get Around New Visa Restrictions Passed By Congress

Makes it easier for them to access our power grid…

Via Fox News:

Republicans on Monday blasted Secretary of State John Kerry for suggesting in a letter to his Iranian counterpart that the administration could help the country get around new visa restrictions passed by Congress.

“Instead of bending over backwards to try to placate the Iranian regime, the White House needs to be holding it accountable for its recent missile tests, its continued support for terrorism, and its wrongful imprisonment of Americans,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce, R-Calif., said in a statement to FoxNews.com.

At issue are tightened security requirements for America’s visa waiver program, which allows citizens of 38 countries to travel to the U.S. without visas. Under changes in the newly signed spending bill, people from those countries who have traveled to Iran, Iraq, Syria and Sudan in the past five years must now obtain visas to enter the U.S.

21-Dec-15
1. Obama and the Democrats single handedly destroyed the American healthcare system with Obamacare.

2. The uniparty GoP promised, made no effort to keep their promise and tacitly supported the Democrats.

3. Open borders has allowed illegals to bring diseases that have long been eradicated in the US or never have been here before.

4. Now, the importation of a horde of Mooslims to bring another gift to our healthcare system:

Syrian Refugees Bringing Flesh-Eating Disease into U.S.?

Breitbart: JERUSALEM – There is a risk that Middle Eastern refugees entering the U.?S?.? could be infected with a flesh-eating disease that is sweeping across Syria.

Health agencies confirmed that Syrian refugees have transported leishmaniasis to Lebanon and Turkey, where it has been difficult to manage and treat.

Compounding the problem, ?patients can be infected with ?the parasitic disease ?without showing symptoms for weeks, months, or even years, ?and ?an asymptomatic patient most likely doesn’t know that he or she is a carrier.

??This means the health screening process for refugees could miss the disease entirely?. more here

23-Dec-15

Anony Mouse's Link
Dems supporting the international war on free speech and the First Amendment...

Aloha Snackbar and Share Urea

25-Dec-15
FEDS REDUCE CHARGES FOR ILLEGAL ALIEN WHO VICIOUSLY ATTACKED BORDER PATROL AGENT

MCALLEN, Texas — A Salvadoran illegal alien who brutally attacked a U.S. Border Patrol agent has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in federal court. The lesser charge carries a lesser sentence.

This week, 36-year-old Jorge Alexander Garcia Murgas went before a U.S. magistrate judge and pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge. In November, Garcia had been charged with a felony charge of assaulting a federal officer, for choking, beating and trying to take an agents handgun. Court records don’t show the sentence that Garcia received.

continued at link

25-Dec-15
H. R. 4269

Assault weapon Ban of 2015

To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

28-Dec-15
Note on questionable copy/paste formatting: you can easily read the resolution at link.

GREAT NEWS: Crime-Free, Gun-Free Illinois Beta-Testing Gun Confiscation Law, Overriding Second Amendment! Three Chicago-area Democrat state legislators have introduced a resolution petitioning the Supreme Court to overturn its Heller ruling, which found that the Second Amendment (like the rest of the Bill of Rights) applies to individuals, not some collective.

Representatives Emanuel Welch, Pamela Reaves-Harris, and Jaime Andrade, Jr. are behind the resolution and claim that Chicago's epidemic of gun violence is due to insufficient gun control laws, claiming that "The Heller decision and other pro-firearm industry court rulings have resulted in a proliferation of guns in numerous communities and have diminished the security and freedom of our citizens to enjoy a life free of gun violence.”

The representatives fail to explain how Chicago, which historically has the most restrictive gun laws in the United States, has seen more than 2,000 people shot in 2015 alone, almost all of the violence gang- and drug-related shootings. The resolution, which reads as though it was crafted by an enemy of America, reads as follows:

HR0855 LRB099 15137 MST 39363 r

1 HOUSE RESOLUTION

2 WHEREAS, Gun violence is an ever present problem in the 3 State, as well as nationwide; an example of which is 8 persons 4 dying in Chicago in one week in October due to gun violence; 5 and

6 WHEREAS, In the past few years, court rulings, including 7 the United States Supreme Court in District of Columbia V. 8 Heller, in interpreting the Second Amendment to the United 9 States Constitution have overturned long standing precedent, 10 which had supported state and local authority to deny gun 11 possession when necessary to promote and protect public safety; 12 in order to reach its decision, the 5 member majority of the 13 United States Supreme Court either ignored or misinterpreted 14 much of the clear and plain wording of the Second Amendment; 15 and

16 WHEREAS, As stated by U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stevens in 17 his well-thought out dissent on behalf of 4 Justices in Heller: 18 "The Second Amendment was adopted to protect the right of the 19 people of each of the several States to maintain a 20 well-regulated militia. It was a response to concerns raised 21 during ratification of the Constitution that the power of 22 Congress to disarm the state militias and create a national 23 standing army posed an intolerable threat to the sovereignty of

HR0855 - 2 - LRB099 15137 MST 39363 r

1 the several States. Neither the text of the Amendment nor the 2 arguments advanced by its proponents evidenced the slightest 3 interest in limiting any legislature's authority to regulate 4 private civilian uses of firearms. Specifically, there is no 5 indication that the Framers of the Amendment intended to 6 enshrine the common-law right of self-defense in the 7 Constitution."; rather the Second Amendment's original purpose 8 was to act as a check on federal gun-making policy, not to 9 prevent individual states from creating gun policy as they saw 10 fit; and

11 WHEREAS, The legal view of the Second Amendment as a 12 collective, militia right, and not an individual right, held 13 for over 200 years until the Heller decision in 2008, which 14 invalidated a law barring individuals from possessing a handgun 15 not registered before the law took effect and annual 16 registrations for the remaining handguns; and

17 WHEREAS, The Heller decision and other pro-firearm 18 industry court rulings have resulted in a proliferation of guns 19 in numerous communities and have diminished the security and 20 freedom of our citizens to enjoy a life free of gun violence; 21 living with the fear of gun violence is contrary to living in a 22 free society; high levels of gun violence are a threat to the 23 security of whole communities; and

HR0855 - 3 - LRB099 15137 MST 39363 r

1 WHEREAS, The cost of gun violence has been pushed onto 2 everyone except the people and companies that produce and sell 3 firearms; the firearms industry benefits financially when more 4 guns are sold; more firearms in circulation leads to more gun 5 crimes, homicides, and suicides to the extent that gun-related 6 deaths will soon exceed the number of deaths in automotive 7 crashes; but the Heller decision effectively said that most of 8 the Second Amendment should be disregarded in favor of the part 9 that is most profitable to the firearms industry, "the right of 10 the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"; and

11 WHEREAS, Throughout the history of the United States, 12 federal and state laws have regularly placed restrictions on 13 who can legally own, possess, and use firearms; even prior to 14 the ratification of the U.S. Constitution, gun control laws 15 were enacted; therefore laws restricting gun access are not 16 anomalous to American law; and

17 WHEREAS, Before these court decisions, state legislatures 18 had been able to pass laws restricting gun access if it was in 19 the best interests of public safety; therefore, be it

20 RESOLVED, BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE 21 NINETY-NINTH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, that we 22 urge the courts, especially the United States Supreme Court, to 23 restore interpretation of the Second Amendment as a right

HR0855 - 4 - LRB099 15137 MST 39363 r

1 afforded to state-sponsored militias that as Justice Stevens 2 stated in his Heller dissent, " ... it does not curtail the 3 Legislature's power to regulate the non-military use and 4 ownership of weapons ... ".

It is also certain that none of these Democrats are familiar with the nation's founding or even the one of the nation's most critical founders, George Mason. Mason helped craft the Second Amendment that assures every law-abiding American citizen can keep and bear arms. During the Virginia ratifying convention in 1778, Mason clearly explained, “I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”

You can't have a militia without an armed citizenry. The Second Amendment guarantees the citizens the right to protect themselves, their families, and their homesteads, no matter what some hack Socialist Democrat has to say about it.

28-Dec-15
Expel them from America. If you don't believe what the Constitution stands for then leave. You'll be much happier somewhere else then.

30-Dec-15
Leftism in 1976: “End the wars, tax the rich!”

Leftism in 2015: “Protect us from words, they’re worse than wars”

25-Feb-17
Updating the Democrat's War on Americans....

Gov. Brown Signs Next Sanctuary Bill, $115M Cut From Middle Class Education For Illegals Instead

The mind of a Democrat is painfully difficult to understand. They want to give absolutely everything they can to people that they view as less fortunate, without looking at the pros and cons of the situation. This includes illegal immigrants, despite the fact that the illegals shouldn’t even be in the country to begin with.

Nobody is better at helping out illegal immigrants at any cost necessary than California Governor Jerry Brown. This is a man that has spent $25 billion on illegal immigrant programs rather than helping fortify the infrastructure that is now failing in the state.

Even though fixing the failing infrastructure would only cost a fraction of what he spends on illegal immigrants, Governor Brown failed to do so, forcing nearly 200,000 people to evacuate their homes because of the Oroville dam disaster. What does Brown have to say for himself? Nothing, but his actions indicate that he is not done helping out illegal immigrants as much as possible. In the process of helping them out, he is basically hurting the other legal citizens of the state. His newest act includes cutting funding offered to middle class students enrolled in college, while increasing the funding made available for illegal immigrant students.

That is the way that Brown works. Despite the fact that the state of California is mired in a budget deficit crisis – it’s supposed to hit $2 billion by this summer – Brown decided to increase education spending on illegals while cutting education spending on middle class American citizens.

Hey...less education, easier indoctrination...and more potential voters confined on the Democrat's plantation.

26-Feb-17
Another good read (some internal links within):

'Fahrenheit 451' Perfectly Predicted the Left Morphing Into Intolerant, Crybully Sissies

At a ratio of about 98.7% (spitballing, might be higher), for the sin of being a Christian or supporting Trump and border security, for opposing abortion, or just wanting to live your life with as little government intrusion as possible, whenever you turn on a TV or radio, watch a movie, open a magazine, look at the news, attend a class, crack a book, or catch a game, in ways subtle and not, you are smeared as an "ist," a "phobe," or a greedy teabagger.

From the moment you choose to be something other than a Leftist, all around you within our news and entertainment culture, you're surrounded with constant challenges to your beliefs and attacks on your humanity and morality.

And unless we restrict our cultural lives to only evangelical movies, conservative talk radio, Christian rock, and black and white TV shows (an environment that probably resembles the real Hell), we can't hide away in safe spaces.

And this is a good thing.

Oh, sure, it's sometimes annoying. But adversity is healthy; for in this reality we toughen up, learn to tolerate differences, better articulate our beliefs, open ourselves to challenging ideas. And as a result, we learn, we grow, and we acquire the kind of emotional and spiritual depth required for any life that is truly fulfilling.

The Left, on the other hand, has devolved into a bunch of angry, shallow, unhappy, bitter sissies, who are incapable of dealing with any kind of difficulty, most especially an election loss.

Look at the college campus, the news media… Watch the Left launch into hysterics when even a small blight appears on their ocean-sized monopoly over the culture -- a "24" or a Fox News.

Why?

Everyone should revisit Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451." Although published way back in 1953, the novel almost perfectly predicted what has happened to the modern Left, not just here in America -- everywhere, most especially Europe.

Set in the future, Bradbury's society has become so hostile towards any kind of adversity, most especially the concept of exposing themselves to contemplative thought or challenging ideas, that they not only burn all the books, they numb themselves with drugs and reality television, and cancel out even the possibility of self-reflection with a bombardment of relentless stimulus in the form of gadgets, pop culture, social media and overall pleasure-seeking.

Because of the ceaseless happy-faced advertising that blares through ever-present speakers, the hero of our story, Montag, can't even read an illicit Bible on public transportation.

All by design.

Bradbury even had the foresight to predict the seed of this tyranny: phony outrage…

Coloured people don't like Little Black Sambo. Burn it. White people don't feel good about Uncle Tom's Cabin. Burn it. Someone's written a book on tobacco and cancer of the lungs? The cigarette people are weeping? Burn the book.

To avoid being, if you will, triggered, this society chose to become its own safe space, where critical thought and challenging ideas are outlawed simply because they make people uncomfortable. As a result, this is a society of shallow, miserable people always on the verge of a tantrum at the slightest intellectual provocation. Abortion, divorce and suicide are facts of daily life.

And when it comes to avoiding these triggers and protecting this safe space, they are also capable of horrific violence.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Leftists raised within an entertainment and media culture that never challenges them, a sugar diet of MTV, government-run schools, CNN, The New York Times, all-things Hollywood, ESPN -- those who come of age in a culture that only ever reassures them they are virtuous; that only ever preaches that those who disagree are villains, Nazis, or selfish… These are individuals developing within the soft-tyranny of a Cultural ThoughtBubble, people propagandized into thin-skinned teens and intolerant, sissified adults with no mechanism to cope with different ideas, with what they deem offensive, or the kind of adversity that is the canary in the coalmine of a free society.

Watch in awe as they freak out over the word "bossy," melt down over the phrase "illegal alien," scream "un-American!" over criticism, declare ideas "dangerous," suffer PTSD after an election loss. And if you dare bring the intellectual fight to them, all too often their wiring goes on the fritz, and out comes the ultra-violence.

The argument can be made that the Democrat Party is now more of a regional, as opposed to national party. Culturally, however, the Left is still … Everywhere… Bradbury also warned of this:

Remember that the Captain belongs to the most dangerous enemy of truth and freedom, the solid unmoving cattle of the majority. Oh, God, the terrible tyranny of the majority.

Indeed.

Last week I wrote….

If you are not being shocked, offended or insulted, you are not living in a free society. And if you are okay with that, you are either a fascist or a slave.

…and everyday it becomes clearer and clearer that too many on the Left choose to be both.

• Sitka Gear