Woods Walker 19-Nov-15
Anony Mouse 20-Nov-15
Jim in Ohio 20-Nov-15
Woods Walker 20-Nov-15
Thumper 25-Nov-15
HA/KS 25-Nov-15
Shuteye 25-Nov-15
16-Nov-15
That is why I will never live in California or even visit there.

16-Nov-15
California also says higher taxes, more regulations, and more government spending causes economic prosperity.

California says that anyone who wants to can come here, live in a sanctuary city, and live off the dole.

16-Nov-15
Everything causes cancer in California!

17-Nov-15
Maybe San Francisco can become a sanctuary city for Round Up too.

17-Nov-15

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

17-Nov-15
Agree with the fact that everything causes cancer in CA. Just read the notice posted on EVERY DOOR to any building there. Idiots.

"Glyphosate is an herbicide that is not harmful to animals."

Just a little overboard on that statement. Just check out the warning label, or should I say PAGES, that comes with this stuff.

I don't know if it causes cancer or not, but I sure as heck ain't dippin my hand in it!

17-Nov-15
I've been using that stuff since it first came out and it sure hasn't hurt me, all two heads and 3 elbows even.

If it hadn't come out, I'd be crippled by now from all the weeds I'd have pulled!

17-Nov-15
Coalition to Ban DHMO 211 Pearl St. Santa Cruz CA, 95060

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

*is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.

*contributes to the "greenhouse effect."

*may cause severe burns.

*contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.

*accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.

*may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.

*has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

*as an industrial solvent and coolant.

*in nuclear power plants.

*in the production of styrofoam.

*as a fire retardant.

*in many forms of cruel animal research.

*in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.

*as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

It's Not Too Late!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world. Send email to [email protected], or a SASE to:

Coalition to Ban DHMO 211 Pearl St. Santa Cruz CA, 95060

17-Nov-15
Dihydrogen Monoxide..otherwise known as water.

17-Nov-15
Should have got that, H20 is what I know it as.

17-Nov-15
Dayum, I better stock up

18-Nov-15
LIKE I SAID, I don't know if it does or not. All I know is the warning "label" is pages.

You seem to think I'm against it, I'm an accountant for a large farm, I know how important it is. But with that said, I'm still not going out back and dipping my hand in the container!

If its so non-toxic, why the need for the mile long warning? "Assuming" it is harmless seems rather stupid to me.

Its a chemical that causes plants to die, erroring on the side of caution seems rather prudent to me.

18-Nov-15
Why the mile long warning? Lawyers.

18-Nov-15
I'd have to guess that with as many oil changes and brake pads I've replaced through the years, roundup would be the least of my cancer catching worries. :-)

And I have sprayed a few gallons worth. LOL

18-Nov-15
"If its so non-toxic, why the need for the mile long warning? " For the same reason that plastic bags have warnings not to put your head in and tie it off around your neck - except that plastic bags actually kill people.

Label: May cause drowsiness.

Product: Nytol sleeping pills.

Label: Do not use while sleeping.

Product: Vidal Sassoon hair dryer

Label: The Vanishing Fabric Marker should not be used as a writing instrument for signing checks or any legal documents.

Product: W.H. Collins’ Vanishing Fabric Markers

Label: This product is not intended for use as a dental drill

Product: DremelMultipro’s rotary tools

Label: This product moves when used.

Product: Razor scooter

Label (on website): Do not eat.

Product: Apple’s iPod shuffle

18-Nov-15

HA/KS's Link
Forgot the link.

18-Nov-15
Would it really be a surprise to anyone if glyphosate is found to be a carcinogen?

18-Nov-15
It would not surprise me if it was discovered that beef is a carcinogen - oh wait, it is!

19-Nov-15
It's all because of man made climate change. Just ask Algore and The Sh*t Stain. They wouldn't lie either.

19-Nov-15
I live on 5 acres and 1/2 of it's fenced for horses. I use it under my fence lines. If I had to trim that by hand it'd be a full time job. The only alternative is to is a soil sterilant-type herbicde which I will NOT do. It enters the soil and then the plants take it up throught their roots which kills them. The runoff from that stuff kills everything it comes in contact with and then it REMAINS in the soil for years. Round-Up doesn't do this and does not go into the soil to work. You spray it on the green parts of a plant and the plant dies to it's roots and then it's gone. You can seed an area right after using Round-Up.

My name's Lou, and I'm here to testify that Round-Up changed my life.....

19-Nov-15
As a child I and lots of the kids I went to school with used to hoe beans in the summer. It was hot and seemed to never end. Don't remember how much we were paid, but it wasn't much.

Round-Up or something similar changed all that.

It put the kids out of work...8^)

19-Nov-15
It needs to be banned for the kids!!!! LOLOLOL

19-Nov-15
Back in the late 1960's, early 70's there weren't many Mexicans in central/southern Illinois. At least none that I remember...Kids were the primary labor force when it came to hoeing and corn de-tasseling. If you were a bigger kid you could really clean-up on the hay fields baling hay...8^)

Today they would probably arrest the farmer for breaking child labor laws...

19-Nov-15
"Kids work? Where?"

In my part of the world, most can operate equipment better than most adults.

Z-turns, tractors, backhoes, bailers, chainsaws, etc....can back 20' trailers with pin point accuracy to boot. They are a handy bunch to have around. And they are dependable.

They make some good money too.

Male and females.

19-Nov-15
Around 30 years ago when my neighbor was farming cotton on the 1200 acres next to me, I'd be out on the mower wearing nothing but my tighty whitey Fruit of the Looms. I know what you're thinking....but I had the body of a young Mark Wahlberg back then. :-)

The duster would fly over and drop de-foiliage on the crop. And lots got on me. Made my skin glisten like I had lubed up with Panama Jack sun oil. Ain't sure what id was. Could've been that Nam stuff for all I know.

I'd imagine when the cardiologist gets around to crackin' my chest open, it's gonna be full of black goo.

So far, the only negative, that I can see, is my body looks more like Gary Busey these days. Or so I've been told. :-)

LOL

19-Nov-15
Farm kids learn young!

"Today Kaleb is thankful for tractors, excavators, feed wagons, air seeders, sprayers, skid steers, dump trailers, semis, cars, Daddy, more tractors, and some more cars. And then he said, "That's all my words. I'm tired." LOL Does this 3-year-old know how to be thankful or what?!"

19-Nov-15
This has nothing to do with Round-Up, but since you all are reminiscing about your youth on the farm, here's mine....

I started working around horses when I was 10. When I was 13 I spent part of the summer as a wrangler at a summer camp caring for an 8 horse string about a 1//4 mile from the main camp. I lived in a tent right at the stable...BY MYSELF. The lady who was the riding instructor showed up at 9:00 and left by 2 or 3. It was my job to feed, water, clean stalls and pens, groom and tack up the string. When there were no campers riding I could take any horse I wanted and ride it wherever I wanted. And I did.

My mother at first didn't want me to go, but my dad, although reluctant, knew that this was EXACTLY what a young man needed to learn how to face his fears, accept responsibility, and basically just figure out on his own how to GET IT DONE. This is where I learned first hand the old truism..."If you want a helping hand, you'll find it at the end of your arm".

I didn't think too much about this experience and the lasting effect it had on me when I was growing up and into much of my adulthood. But now that I'm at that age where I tend to do a lot of looking back and pondering "what ifs", I realize just how valuble a life experience that really was.

Like some of you have said, today this would be considered child abuse. But we know better. Shoveling sh*t, throwing bales, digging fenceposts, sweating and getting dirty builds character and independence. Those are traits that are rapidly disappearing from our culture.

20-Nov-15
Here's some good news:

Three Cups of Coffee a Day Keeps Death Away, Latest Study Shows Wed, 11/18/2015

In the 1500s, health experts warned that coffee could lead to illegal sex. In the 19th century, a hot cup could make you blind, doctors contended. In 2001, java increased your risk of urinary tract cancer.

But this morning, at least, your cup of joe can be guilt-free.

Moderate coffee drinking reduces mortality rates from a wide variety of diseases, according to the latest study by Harvard researchers.

Roughly 208,000 people were tracked from three ongoing studies, including two of the Nurses’ Health Studies.

Coffee drinking was assessed every four years for a 30-year period, says the study, published Monday in the journal Circulation. Over that time, more than 30,000 of the patients died.

But those who drank between three and five cups of coffee per day had reduced death risks from cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s and other neurological diseases, and even suicide.

Cancer was not related to coffee drinking, they found. The study also weighed for other health risks, including smoking, BMI, and alcohol consumption, among other factors.

“Bioactive compounds in coffee reduce insulin resistance and systematic inflammation,” said Ming Ding, the first author and a doctoral student in the Department of Nutrition at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. “That could explain some of our findings. However, more studies are needed to investigate the biological mechanisms producing these effects.”

Coffee has been subject to more back-and-forth than almost any other food or drink over the centuries – including claims of illegal sex, blindness, and stunted growth. Over the last decade, it has been associated or linked to various cancers, diseases and maladies. But the latest run of studies has indicated that the beverage – in moderation and without much added cream or sugar – promotes health.

“Currently, strong evidence shows that consumption of coffee within the moderate range (three to five cups per day or up to 400 mg/d caffeine) is not associated with increased long-term health risks among healthy individuals,” the U.S. Department of Agriculture found in a scientific report released in February.

“In fact, consistent evidence indicates that coffee consumption is associated with reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in adults. Moreover, moderate evidence shows a protective association between caffeine intake and risk of Parkinson’s disease. Therefore, moderate coffee consumption can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern, along with other healthful behaviors,” they added.

20-Nov-15
I drink 5 to 6 cups of black coffee per day as did my dad and grandpa. They lived to 90's and longer. Hope I do too.:)

20-Nov-15
"In the 1500s, health experts warned that coffee could lead to illegal sex."

NOPE! For that you need a big chunk of cash!

25-Nov-15
What is the difference between Angent Orange and RoundUp? Roundup does have an orange tint to it. I always thought it was Agent Orange just in a lesser concentration?

25-Nov-15
Agent Orange and Roundup are as similar as a bikini and a burka

25-Nov-15
I spent many days getting up hay and straw. I like straw a lot better, much lighter. I hated being in the barn, unloading, so damn hot. There was a spinach farm near school and on saturdays the kids would get $1 an hour to cut spinach. While a bunch in my class were cutting spinach I was at a boatyard, cleaning boats. My girlfriend's father was foreman and got me the jobs. I made $25 per boat and could do two a day. Beat the hell out of cutting spinach and had other benefits. Now they cut the spinach, on the same farm, with a machine.

BTW if you were on the wagon stacking hay or straw and had a black helper, you would be alone when they baled a snake and it was sticking out.

• Sitka Gear