Shuteye 19-Nov-15
Woods Walker 20-Nov-15
Anony Mouse 20-Nov-15
Anony Mouse 20-Nov-15
Anony Mouse 20-Nov-15
SB 26-Nov-15
Shuteye 26-Nov-15
19-Nov-15
The odds of an attack in the area where I live is slim to none, but I've started carrying and extra mag in my pocket since last week.

You will burn through 8 rounds pretty quick in a situation like that.

I know a guy that works with leather and I'm thinking about having him make me a mag holder that clips inside your pocket. It would hold 2 mags with the ends just above the pocket.

19-Nov-15
I always figured eight rounds would get me out of trouble but that was before terrorist started shooing people. I always carried to stop a mugger but I have now changed my mind. However it took the Paris cops 5000 rounds to kill one person. The other blew herself up. In Boston the cops shot several hundred rounds and didn't kill anyone. The guy that was killed was run over by his brother. Some people need target practice. No damn wonder Obama bought millions of rounds of ammo, I guess they just don't have any country boys doing the shootin', I guess. I have heard people say suppressive fire is what they are taught. The marines in Bengali said no auto fire. Aim and shoot one time. They pissed off the terrorist because three of them killed over 60 terrorist. Fully automatic rifles are just a waste of ammo.

19-Nov-15
"Fully automatic rifles are just a waste of ammo."

except for those few times when they literally save your life...

Just because the safety has a full position don't mean you have to run it that way.

19-Nov-15
True .... in "Nam" , they said 68,000 rounds averaged for each kill confirmed .... that's figured on amount of ammo reported used!! .... Can't have too much ammo!!

19-Nov-15
HeadHunter, in WW II it was only a few rounds per kill. They invented the Thompson sub Machine gun to make soldiers feel better. They had auto weapons but the kill rate went way down.

19-Nov-15
Interesting from GunWatch:

The Political Consequences of Trump's Support for Armed Defense

Donald Trump came out in favor of armed defense of the individual and the Country on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015. In an exclusive to Brietbart.com, Donald Trump has called for Americans to bear arms to increase the security of the United States. From Brietbart.com:

There are nearly 13 million concealed carry permit holders in the United States who are part of the 100 million gun owners who defend the Constitutional right to “keep and bear arms.” This fundamental liberty is held closest by those who have gone through the process of vetting required to be entrusted with the ability to defend themselves, their families and their property with concealed weapons.

(snip)

Each permit holder must make the decision to carry or not carry. I will carry more often than I have in the past, and I am sure other concealed permit holders will do the same. Do we have an obligation to carry? The answer is “yes,” but we must do it in such a way as to raise serious doubts in the minds of those who might be considering violence in America.

Anyone know if, other than Trump who has stated so, any of the other candidates have carry permits? This is not much of a surprise; Trump has championed the Second Amendment in speeches and in his proposed policies for years. This confounds political correctness, which makes the claim attempting to defend oneself or one's country is a fools errand that is only engaged in by those who believe in outdated ideologies, such as patriotism or Christianity. President Obama's characterization of people who cling to their Bibles and their guns is "progressive" shorthand for such a view.

But those who hold such a politically correct view are a tiny minority of the population. Trump has successfully connected with large majorities of the voting public. Here are the results of a Gallup poll taken this year, about public attitudes about concealed carry:

That is a 15% advantage, and those are only the ones willing to buck the ongoing propaganda from the media cartel. I suspect that it is a larger percentage in the privacy of the voting booth.

If you look at guns in the home, a 2014 poll shows and even greater disparity:

Americans see arms as providing more safety, not less, by a two to one margin.

This has been the historically prevalent view. It was only challenged after World War One, as post WWI elites, worried about violent revolution, used mass media to sell the idea that being disarmed made people safer. That idea has now been discredited.

The Gallup poll from 2014 shows that 81% of Republicans support armed defense, which shows the wisdom of Trump supporting this policy. But so do 64% of Independents, and 41% of Democrats. That translates into a blowout issue for a general election.

President Clinton confirmed that electoral reality when confronted with the Republican blowout in 1994. Lack of support for the Second Amendment is widely credited with the loss of Al Gore's presidential bid in 2000. That was with lukewarm support for the Second Amendment from candidate George W. Bush. From pbs.org:

NEWSCASTER: What we found in an exit poll is gun owners— 40 percent of the voters in Ohio are gun owners, and they went almost 60 percent for George W. Bush.

NEWSCASTER: George W. Bush gets West Virginia—

NARRATOR: West Virginia—

NEWSCASTER: West Virginia, which has been solidly in the Democratic column for a long, long time—

NEWSCASTER: Bill Clinton’s home state has gone Bush—

NARRATOR: And Arkansas—

NEWSCASTER: —six electoral votes, and they go for Bush—

NARRATOR: And even Al Gore’s home state of Tennessee.

NEWSCASTER: —embarrassing Vice President Gore by snatching his state’s 11 electoral votes—

Image the differential created between Donald Trump, who proudly supports (and leads by example) the concept of armed defense, contrasted with Hillary, who denigrates and dismisses the concept altogether.

This issue creates a large positive voter advantage for Trump in both the Republican primary and the general election.

I expect other candidates will see the obvious advantages of this position, and will follow the Donald's lead. If they do not, it may become impossible to overcome Donald Trump's momentum.

Like him or not, the potential snake-oil salesman shows he has a much better understanding of the pulse of America. Other than Cruz, the consistent, all the other GoP candidates either fail or have to play catch up when it comes to the actual concerns of the American public.

19-Nov-15
mouse,

I am speechless ;-)

The Rock

19-Nov-15
"Like him or not, the potential snake-oil salesman shows he has a much better understanding of the pulse of America. Other than Cruz, the consistent, all the other GoP candidates either fail or have to play catch up when it comes to the actual concerns of the American public."

X-2!!!!

19-Nov-15
If we could go back in time, I'd like to see those ISIS murders that did the concert shooting try that sh*t at a Waylon Jennings concert from the 70's....in Texas.

19-Nov-15

HA/KS's Link
Black lives matter demands - ban firearms from campus!!!!!!!!!

Impeach student leaders who disagree in KS.

University of Kansas Student Leaders Face Impeachment for Not Paying Respects to ‘Black Lives Matter’

“Mandatory, intense ‘inclusion and belonging’ training for all levels of students, staff, faculty, and administration.”

“Increase consistent hiring of diverse faculty and staff”

“Increase the percentage of underrepresented domestic and undocumented students”

“Establish team of multicultural counselors to specifically address severe mental illnesses and the needs of students of color by Fall 2016?

“Ban concealed weapons from campus”

“Establish Multicultural Student Government independent of current University of Kansas Student Senate”

19-Nov-15
How do you say, "GO **** YOURSELF" in ebonics? I'd like to get some t-shirts done.

19-Nov-15
How do you say, "GO **** YOURSELF" in ebonics? I'd like to get some t-shirts done.

19-Nov-15
Me too...............Me too.

Trump has always been a strong supporter of the second amendment. Few politicians will come right out and say it. They will all say they support the second amendment but want more laws.

20-Nov-15
I laugh when they say.....

"I believe in the individual right to keep and bear arms, but"....(and this is where it gets funny)

1. You should only be able to buy X guns per year/month.

2. You should not be able to own this type of gun.

3. The guns that you should be able to possess cannot look like a specific kind of gun.

4. The gun that you are able to own cannot be able to carry X amount of rounds.

5. The ammo that your gun can shoot cannot be of this or that type of ammo.

6. You are limited as to how much ammo you can purchase in a given period of time.

7. If you live in certain states or areas you cannot own or possess any gun.

It's akin to saying that slavery should not be allowed in American but....

1. If you live in a certain state or area it's OK to own slaves.

2. You may own slaves but only a certain number.

3. You may only buy X number of slaves per month/year.

4. You may own slaves but they are restricted a to what kinds of work they can do.

20-Nov-15

20-Nov-15
Some good advice.

Ten Ways To Avoid Being Killed During A Terrorist Attack

In light of Friday’s terrorist attacks, it seems only a matter of time before similar incidents occur in the U.S. The question many people are asking is “What would I do if suddenly in a situation like Paris??” To help answer that concern, Bearing Arms will offer a list of ten things you can do to avoid becoming a casualty in the “War on Terror.”

Realize it WILL happen here – This isn’t a paranoid statement: it is a simple unpleasant fact based upon intelligence gathering efforts, expert opinion, and common sense. At some point, it is likely there will be a coordinated, Paris-type attack in the U.S. on schools, shopping malls, sporting events, or other mass-gathering areas. And, don’t think it would happen only in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles because what would be better to create fear (the ultimate goal of terrorist action) than by killing dozens or hundreds of people at a school in rural Mississippi or a shopping mall in Montana?

Always carry a concealed firearm where legal – Carrying a firearm is a lifestyle habit, not something you should do only occasionally or when you feel it is likely there will be trouble. Odds are, you won’t correctly guess the date, time and place of life-threatening violence. A concealed firearm in the hands of a responsible and trained individual is statistically one of the best tools available to stop mass killings.

Improvised weapons are within reach – If you cannot or choose not to carry a firearm, there are always effective weapons within your immediate area so learn to use them. Whenever unarmed in a public area, make it a habit (or game) to choose three nearby items that would make a good weapon if things turn dire.

Know where exits are located – Many people die during all types of emergencies because they don’t know where exits are located. This should be the first thing you do, above all else, whenever situated in a public place.

Act decisively – The “immediate action drill” during an attack is either fight or flee. Don’t mill around, waiting for instruction or to gain a better idea of what is happening. Flee the area when you have an opportunity or instantly attack a threat if one presents itself. The old chestnut is still true: “To Ponder is to Perish.”

Be alert to people and unusual circumstances – Most folks wouldn’t see a large pink gorilla wandering down the hallway and certainly won’t see a suspicious individual fiddling with wires under a long trench coat on a hot day. You don’t have to glare at every passerby but simply maintain a loose focus for unusual patterns of activity within your surroundings. This is also known as “Maintaining Condition Yellow.”

“If you see something, say something.” – Cops everywhere have stories of witnesses who said after a crime, ‘I wasn’t sure what was going on and I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it.’ If you see people or objects that look suspicious, notify the authorities immediately. There is no punishment for being mistaken but there are huge consequences to being correct but not sharing the information.

There is one more bomb/attack/assailant – Experience has shown that attackers are increasingly planning not only their initially assault, but follow-up actions such as secondary or even tertiary explosives and attackers. Such actions not only increase the “shock and awe” of the incident but cause additional carnage and damage the emergency response system.

Have a basic understanding of trauma medical care – in the aftermath of a bombing or shooting incident, many people will be bleeding to death and you have two or three minutes to save lives. This means you need to understand mass-casualty triage principals and some basic tactical combat casualty care (TCCC) techniques. Be ready to provide aid such as tourniquets, spinal immobilization and safe patient evacuation from threatening circumstances. (See related article: Stop the Bleed)

Trust your intuition – If something ‘feels’ dangerous or simply makes you uneasy, trust your inner voices. This inner dialog might be wrong, but then again, you may have subconsciously picked up subtle environmental clues that you “can’t quite put your finger on,” but are real nonetheless. At the very least, move to a safer position or relocate to where you can more easily escape a potential kill zone.

It is not hyperbole to state that we are all now terrorism responders because the avowed goal of Daesh and other such groups is to bring death and destruction to Mainstreet U.S.A. However, with planning and preparation individual citizens can sometimes prevent, often shorten and effectively respond to mass killing incidents.

The “Tango’s” are ready and merely waiting. Are you likewise?

20-Nov-15
QOTD (maybe even contending with Kyle's "Quote of the Century).

So obvious...Obama and the rabid Bloomberg anti-2A groups have missed the most obvious idea to deal with violent deaths:

“Why hasn’t anyone outlawed suicide vests?!?! You guys are missing an obvious one. Ban those suicide vests and you remove the terrorists’ favorite weapon. I don’t know why the EU hasn’t enacted common sense suicide vest control.”

Of course, you all know what will happen should that proposal ever arise from the proregressive crowd...the accusation that because suicide vests are on the chopping block, all of us crazy pro-2A Constitutionalists will want one.

"When suicide vests are outlawed, only outlaws will have suici…..wait…."

Aloha Snackbar!!

26-Nov-15
Hey... that "Terrorist" is wearing a Bass Pro cap! Better ban Bass Pro clothing!

26-Nov-15
Another bunch of BS the liberals put out is that only trained police should have weapons. They know how to use the weapons.

Wrong!!! Statistics have shown that people with concealed carry permits are much better shots than the average police officer. There are many police officers that are excellent shots but many only shoot once or twice a year and that consists of a box or two of ammo. Many concealed carry permit holders like to shoot and do so regularly. Google the statistics and you will find that in study after study the common man outshoot the police.

Here where I live they used to have competition between the police and Natural Resource Police. The Game wardens won every time and won big. The reason was the Natural Resource Officers were country boys that loved to hunt and shoot. One tried to talk me into getting a Glock 21 instead of my little Nano.

• Sitka Gear