Rock 24-Nov-15
Anony Mouse 24-Nov-15
BowSniper 24-Nov-15
Rock 25-Nov-15
Anony Mouse 27-Nov-15
Rock 30-Nov-15
Rock 04-Dec-15
23-Nov-15
Does anyone have any experience with SD card readers that plug into a Apple iPhone 6s? If so how well do they work?

I am looking for a way to view my trail CAM pictures when I am away from home without computer access.

23-Nov-15
I know it won't work on a 5.

24-Nov-15
ttt

24-Nov-15
You might be better off getting a small Android tablet which has the ability to use USB data (it is in the settings menu). A 7" tablet isn't much bigger than some of the phones today and fits easily in the back pocket of jeans. Ability to access external via USB depends not only on the tablet's OS, but also its hardware. A question to get an answer before purchase.

Never looked at or researched SD readers/phones, but there are USB memory sticks that are very small and have a micro USB on one side and standard USB on the other. I have one that holds 32G. If you could download from trailcam to one of these types of memory, it might be a solution.

The other approach you might explore depends on having a wifi signal. While you may not have wifi near your trail cam, many phones can operate as hot spots providing a local wifi signal via your phone. It might be possible to approach your problem that way and substitute your present SD card in your trail cam with a wifi enabled SD card. You'd need to do some research and talk to a techie at a store such as Best Buy or a local computer store.

I hear a lot of new vehicles are becoming Internet connected, so you might want to purchase a new vehicle ;o)

24-Nov-15
I think the answer with iphone products has to be a wireless bluetooth SD card reader

http://www.macworld.com/article/2362249/kingston-mobilelite-wireless-review-sd-card-reader-for-your-ipad-or-iphone.html

25-Nov-15
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201427790780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Found this on EBay and the seller (from China) tells me that it will indeed work with my iPhone 6s but that I can not move or copy the photos from my phone to the SD card.

27-Nov-15
With a wifi enabled SD card for your trail cam, this might be a solution.

SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick 32GB, Wireless Flash Drive for Smartphones, Tablets and Computers (SDWS4-032G-G46)

SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is the flash drive reinvented to work not just with your computer, but also with your phone and tablet. With the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick in your pocket, in your bag or across the room, you can wirelessly access your media and transfer files, stream HD videos and music, and save and share photos and videos to and from your mobile device. Delivering up to 128GB of extra capacity, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick empowers your mobile lifestyle - whether you're running a sales meeting or taking a hike in the woods. SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick lets you stream video or music to as many as three other devices at the same time, or gives you access to all your stuff from the pocket of your jeans.

30-Nov-15
Anony, thanks for the information I will look into this.

04-Dec-15
OK I just received the card reader shown in the link in my post from 11/25 above. It works great but unfortunately it will not work with the Outterbox case I have on my phone as the case is too thick and the connector is not long enough without also buying a short extention cable which I plan to order soon.

• Sitka Gear