Shuteye 25-Nov-15
Sixby 25-Nov-15
Rocky 25-Nov-15
TD 25-Nov-15
sureshot 25-Nov-15
sureshot 26-Nov-15
DL 27-Nov-15
24-Nov-15
Turkey shot down Russian jet it says violated Turkish airspace, things are going to get complicated. A pair of Turkish F16 jets warned the Russians several times that they were violating Turkish airspace before shooting the jet down. I guess there is no confusion now whether Turkey meant what it said in regards to the Russians violating Turkish airspace.

24-Nov-15

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Saw this picture the other day and thought it was comical.....

If you know what it is, don't spill the beans just yet. Let others figure it out. :-)

24-Nov-15
One of the pilots bailed out and they had great video of the whole thing. I guess the second pilot died in the plane.

24-Nov-15
The powder keg just got a lit match thrown at it. We'll just have to wait and see if it lights up.

24-Nov-15
Joey...reminds me of a scene from "Young Frankenstein". :^)

24-Nov-15
Dead on Dave. :-)

24-Nov-15
Or Ritzputin.

24-Nov-15
Memories of Taco.......

24-Nov-15

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
There were two parachutes.

24-Nov-15

Woods Walker's Link
There's more to this. Apparently Syrian rebels also blew up the Russian rescue chopper that was attempting to rescue the downed pilots.

Anything can happen in a power vaccum, and were seeing it first hand.

24-Nov-15
Worse... the FSA rebels blew up the Russian helicopter with US supplied TOW missiles. It's flashback to 1980 afghanistan, instead of a united front against ISIS

24-Nov-15
Why do I see Obama's arrogant butt behind this? Hmmm I wonder? Lets see, We are supplying terrorist that want to take down Assad and we are giving them guns,. Stingers, weapons of all kinds and have no idea at all who is going to replace Assad but still we are doing that. Turkey is attacking Kurds that are fighting Isis. We are supplying Turkey with f16s to kill Kurds with and standing by with hands in pocket while they do that. So One we attack by proxy Kurdish fighters who we have refused to arm 2. We supply both Turkey and Islamic extremist with weapons because they are anti Assad 3. Russia is an old time ally to Assad and is trying to protect their interests in a major port that they have had there for years plus they have trade agreements with Assad. So Russia attacks those opposition forces plus Isis and we by proxy attack Russia.

My prognosis is this., We have an idiot playing with a tiger and we are in very dangerous territory because this idiot is going to bring on WW111 if he has not already accomplished it. Plus he is now being propped up by another idiom from France to continue a completely failed semi war against not only Isis but from what I heard today also Assad and Russia. I do not like the direction this is going at all. This man in the White house cannot throw a baseball much less process a viable foreign policy that is in the interest of this country he so imperiously presides over as its first dictator.

God bless, Steve

24-Nov-15
Oh boy. Not good

24-Nov-15
To think, what would be different today if Obama had never uttered the red line statement, or if he had never said Assad had to go, both statements he never intended to back up with credible action. This is the result of a lack of a clear foreign policy on Obama's watch. NATO and Russia squaring off in the Middle East is not good.

24-Nov-15
Sureshot,NATO and Russia squaring off in the Middle East is not good

I see this as USA and Russia. Guess who the loser is in that scenario? We do not have a leader that believes in winning.

God bless, Steve

24-Nov-15
We don't have a leader period.

24-Nov-15
What are O's handlers thinking? NOT MUCH!

25-Nov-15
"What are O's handlers thinking?"

"I'd say about a ball outside the cup and fast...."

25-Nov-15
The Russian plane was in Turkey when the F 16 fired an air to air missile. It took thirty seconds for the missile to hit the target and had followed it into Syria. Can't call back an air to air missile. Good shot. The pilot was shot while parachuting down. That isn't cool. I think that is a war crime. The other pilot made it.

25-Nov-15
Shuteye: The Russian plane was in Turkey when the F 16 fired an air to air missile

Close but not entirely in agreement. The plane went over disputed territory which Turkey claimed and which Syria claimed . In fact Assad owns a bunch of the property claimed by Turkey, Irrelevant because protocol calls for physical warning in a slight overfly case like this one is. Time over the disputed territory ranges from 3 seconds to 30 seconds according to who is telling the story.

The Russian pilot says that they never were warned. That they were hit and never knew it was coming.

Russia says it was a premeditated strike

Turkey is asking forgivness LOL

Here is my take. Obama talked Turkey into doing this because guess what./ Remember the 500,000,000. we were supposed to be training fighters with. Instead we armed fighters opposed to Assad because Obamas main goal in the Mid East (suddenly) is to remove Assad from power , evidently with no forethought as to who would take power and Russia is striking those fighters that are armed with our weapons and fighting Obamas real fight along with the ISIS. Now Turkey is scared to death because they suddenly realize that Obama will throw them under the bus like he has everyone else. Problem. We are there with fighters bombing ISIS, Turkey is there with fighters that are exactly the same plane shooting down Russian Migs. What happens when Russia mistakes one of our planes for a Turkish plane? This could not get more screwed up if you spent a lifetime planning it. Reminds me of my wife using a casting rod the first time. Took an hour to undo the knot after the first cast.

God bless, Steve

25-Nov-15
Sixby,

There is a rumor floating that was your birds nest. ;-)

The Rock

25-Nov-15
My understanding is Turkey has warned off Russia planes aggressively entering their airspace for some time now. . Russia says "meh...so what." Think the Ukraine. That is the backdrop to all this. No incident in resent history is isolated.

They finally said "the next one gets shot down". They shot it down.

25-Nov-15
If you really wanted to get dizzy, you could think about the oil trucks we recently took out,as did Russia. Turkey has been one of the biggest financial supporters of ISIS by purchasing the black market oil. After you think about that for awhile, look hard at the Kurds we are partnering with,arguably our most dependable fighters in theater,the same Kurds that Turkey is scared as hell of. By not acting with a clear and decisive plan, Obama has created a situation that is by far the most dangerous we have seen since the 2nd World war.

26-Nov-15
Way too many militaries, all with different agendas,operating independent of one another for anything good to come out of this situation. There is no way possible for the US to come out a winner in this situation, Russia and Iran are going to be the dominant powers in the Middle East. The US has lost what little credibility it had left, the Obama plan of (or lack thereof) for removing Assad is DOA. It began to falter with the chemical weapons agreement with Russia and began picking up speed rapidly with the Iran nuclear agreement, total capitulation of the Middle East, short of a full blown war. Thanks Barry

27-Nov-15

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Tough birds.

• Sitka Gear