bad karma 09-Feb-16
sureshot 09-Feb-16
sureshot 11-Feb-16
sureshot 12-Feb-16
sureshot 12-Feb-16
TD 12-Feb-16
HA/KS 12-Feb-16
09-Feb-16
There you go, a place for you to list the accomplishments in one easy to find place.

09-Feb-16
Didnt he shut down government!ouch that pretty much TRUMPs anything else!

09-Feb-16
In April 2014, Cruz introduced legislation to prevent representatives to the United Nations who are believed to be spies or terrorists from entering the country. It was approved unanimously by the House and Senate, and signed into law only weeks after having been introduced.

09-Feb-16
Rumour is Cruz is leaveing NH before the vote!hmmm should someone be sending a tweet?

09-Feb-16
In the 113th Congress, Cruz introduced 25 bills, and he’s put forth another 10 so far in the current session. The 25 he introduced last session put him near the middle of the pack of Senate Republicans. He ranked 18th out of the 45 Republicans in the last Senate for most bills introduced.

Of the 25 bills Cruz introduced in the 113th Congress, only two made it through the Senate. However, only three Republican Senators in the last Congress got more than two bills through the upper chamber, making Cruz the fourth most successful in his party.

09-Feb-16
In addition to the bill that was signed into the law, the Senate passed a Cruz bill requiring the secretary of State to offer rewards totaling up to $5,000,000 for information on the kidnapping and murder of Naftali Fraenkel, a dual U.S.-Israeli citizen.

Did I say he was the 4th most successful in his party as a FRESHMAN Senator?

09-Feb-16
He is the only Senator to have ever read green eggs and ham on the Senate floor.

He shut down the government a couple times.

He probably stopped some bad bills from passing into law.

09-Feb-16
Only two of the 68 amendments Cruz has offered have been adopted, but that’s not an uncommonly low success rate. The 65 amendments Cruz put forth in the 113th Congress ranks him 12th in his party and 13th overall.

09-Feb-16
Cruz has given 217 speeches on the floor of the Senate. The Quorum algorithm qualifies an address as a speech if it exceeds 300 characters. The last four speeches Cruz gave on the Senate floor came in January in support of a bill to authorize the Keystone XL oil sands pipeline, which would run through his home state.

The 213 floor speeches Cruz gave over the course of the 113th Congress ranked him as the fifth most active Senate floor speaker, and it’s here that Cruz has distinguished himself.

Perhaps most memorably, Cruz spoke on the floor of the Senate for 21 hours during the 2013 showdown over ObamaCare that ultimately led to a 17-day government shutdown.

Cruz has trumpeted his high-profile opposition to Democratic initiatives in Congress, which he says plays as big a role in determining the direction of the government as passing legislation does.

Did I say he was the fifth most active Senate floor speaker as a FRESHMAN Senator?

09-Feb-16
A $5 million reward related to a person holding dual citizenship person? Awkward coincidence?

09-Feb-16
TSI,

Who will you be voting for in the primaries? Presidential election? Senate and House seats? Oh I'm sorry, I forgot, you can't vote in our electoral process....

I grow weary of Canadians who freely offer up their opinions about American politics when they don't have a vote that counts and have absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever. You are an alien to the United States, and your opinion matters not one bit with regard to our country and how it's run. Since we as US CITIZENS are the ones whose vote counts and whose opinions matter regarding the politics of OUR country, then that's what we'll go with, not the opinions of non-resident aliens regarding someone else's country and politics.

It's as simple as this: One should not concern themselves with how their neighbor chooses to run his household. Worry about your own house.

09-Feb-16
Why stop there. Look at his entire career because that's what counts if you want to be honest about it. Whenever I look at any candidate I look at everything not just a snapshot. I also go by the theory that there past foretells their future. Hence my distaste for Trump.

09-Feb-16
He is without a doubt the strongest supporter of the second amendment. He knows more about the constitution than the president and his administration. I would love to see him have a debate with Obama or Clinton on the constitution but that won't happen. Obama doesn't have to face anyone.

09-Feb-16
Exactly Mutt.....

Won 5 of the 9 cases argued before the Supreme Court of the United States.....

09-Feb-16
I am leery of Cruz. Maybe Bret Stephens WSJ opinion 1/27/16 (What Ted Cruz Values) is worth reading. Here are some quotes;

Talking about his alienation of socially moderate GOPers: " It's the full frontal assault on millions of GOP voters who, on one issue or another, share some of those dreaded New York Values."

"He believes in the utility of enemies-...-because they're such easy foils and because he's convinced that polarization works and persecution complexes sell."

"Mr. Cruz needs to answer how he plans to win 50.1% in those states (purple ones), not 70% of the Bible Belt"

"Mr. Cruz needs to study old Ronald Reagan clips to understand the difference between having strong beliefs and being an insufferable jerk about them."

Talking about how people in America believe their true identity "lies in the near future, not the ancestral past. This is the America of aspiration and competition, of honest self-reinvention, of getting along in crowded places, of letting the smaller differences slide."

Sure, I know what the Cruz supporters will say. But I am convinced Cruz has no support, and will not receive any as either the nominee or the president. My own take, many simply see him as an opportunistic jerk. I think Sanders, Bloomberg or Biden would beat him in the general election, and I say that knowing I will absolutely vote for him over the dem, while holding my noise and praying that the Holy Spirit can soften his heart with those that disagree with him.

09-Feb-16
Deerslayer i responded to your post on the other thread.

09-Feb-16
In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by the attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

09-Feb-16

09-Feb-16
Habitat for Wildlife,

Do you have anything based on fact rather than feelings?

09-Feb-16
TSI,

"Failures are relivant, doing your job is whats expected isnt it?"

He did his job BETTER than the MAJORITY of Republicans in the Senate.

If you want to talk failures you should talk Trump....

09-Feb-16
Gflight i thought HFW could voice an opinion?Deerslayer maybe i can vote as a Canadian!need a ruleing eh.thats a joke.

09-Feb-16
gflight,

TSI is exactly correct. Opinions are allowed here, and will not be shut down just because you do not agree. Here is the point, that Opinion Piece was in the WSJ, read by millions. That will have more sway with what people think than "facts" post by cruz supporters on this site.

People that make decisions daily base many of those on gut instinct after learning as much as possible. I have already posted some relevant facts such as Cruz not getting one republican to allow him more time to talk at a recent conservative gathering. Reading multiple similar accounts has caused me to "feel" Ted is his own worst enemy and is not electable.

09-Feb-16
Gflight comparing a private sector buisness that plays with their own money vs a politician that plays with yours is apples and oranges.besides Trump is anything but a failure!Takes balls to get beaten in the private sector and bounce back.Trumps story is far more relivant than Cruz could ever hope for.Cruzs biggest by far accomplishment was shutting down government something that should never be closed.Trump employs thousands and creates commerce these are things Cruz hasnt nor ever will do.Hitting Trump for a failed business is a slap in the face to any person that had the moxy to venture out and tryto build a business.many fail but the spirit of all democracies in the world is the need for people to be creative and bold.Hitting any one that failed in buisness is easy.doing it yourself is hard.nothing ventured nothing gained!

09-Feb-16
"Gflight i thought HFW could voice an opinion?"

He is more than welcome, as are you.

I do believe he did voice his opinion, correct?

Would you shut down my opinion questioning his opinion?

09-Feb-16
What i see is Cruz attempting to do his job.which is what hes paid very well for nothing more.Perhaps hes a good senator.

09-Feb-16
"Cruzs biggest by far accomplishment was shutting down government something that should never be closed."

You obviously didn't read this thread and must be an Obama supporter....

09-Feb-16
"which is what hes paid very well for nothing more"

So you praise Trump for trying and failing and want Cruz to do nothing more?

LOL...Think before you type.

09-Feb-16
HFW, regarding Cruz and electability, I would just point out that the results in Iowa show that he not only got a strong share of evangelicals, he also outperformed with suburban/metro voters that are more likely to be moderates, he won young voters, he outperformed on the eastern side of Iowa which is heavily blue collar/Reagan Dem area, and he picked up a lot of the Ron Paul voters from 2012.

Not quite sure how you get much more of a winning coalition than that. And I'd just point out again that he did all that despite likely having lost some votes because of his stand against Ethanol Mandates in the state that depends on them more than any other.

09-Feb-16
Introduced 25 bills and 2 signed into law = 8% success or 92% failure

Introduced 68 amendments 2 passed= 3% success or 97% failure

9 cases before the SCOTUS with 5 cases won = 56% success rate or 44% failure

I got the numbers from above, someone feel free to correct me if I made a mistake.

09-Feb-16
It is OK HW most people vote on emotion rather than fact.

It is the nature of the political game.

That is why taking your Social Security and Immigration policy continue to be big winners in politics.

Obama used emotion so well he has divided the nation and Trump is playing the same game.

Anyway, I am digressing from a real mans accomplishments by speaking on a Liberal playing Conservative on TV for reality show addicts.

09-Feb-16
If Cruz doesn't get the nomination, I will cast my vote for him as a write-in.

09-Feb-16
sureshot,

You forget these are facts not fabrications. Please tell it all if you are going to tell it.

You left out the fact of his Junior performance compared to all the other members of the Senate was much higher than theirs.

Remember he performed 4th, 5th, and 12th compared to all other Republican Senators in said catagories.

Really disingenuous...

09-Feb-16
For both Rubio and Cruz, being a senator when Obama is president means that very little you propose would make it to law. So, bills passed is a meaningless statistic here.

09-Feb-16
What i see is Cruz attempting to do his job.which is what hes paid very well for nothing more.Perhaps hes a good senator.

09-Feb-16
Cruz is simply a stellar Conservative.

His credentials outshine any other candidate in recent memory and the Establishment and Democrats know it.

As he said at the Supreme Court of the United States...

"I rest my case"

09-Feb-16
Undetermined number of isis fighters have embedded with refugees and attacks inside the US are highly likely this year.US gov source today.

09-Feb-16
"For both Rubio and Cruz, being a senator when Obama is president means that very little you propose would make it to law. So, bills passed is a meaningless statistic here."

BK, We are looking for accomplishments, not opinions.

09-Feb-16

09-Feb-16
JTV you keep going down that personal path.chill out.nothing i say will impact you.What has Trump done?theres plenty of documentryand movies on that but not enough room on here its pretty extensive for those that were just born last night.lol

09-Feb-16
"Most of the bills that went thru the Senate were shut down by that little weasel Harry Reid.."

I didn't realize Kyle's friend Harry still ran the Senate.

09-Feb-16
Sureshot, thank you for living down beneath my expectations.

09-Feb-16
"Introduced 25 bills and 2 signed into law = 8% success or 92% failure

9 cases before the SCOTUS with 5 cases won = 56% success rate or 44% failure

I got the numbers from above, someone feel free to correct me if I made a mistake."

Is this still the complete list of accomplisments for Senator Cruz? I really expected to see more accomplishments than this, I am quite shocked. A few of the regulars here have said over and over again how much Ted Cruz has accomplished,show us what it is so we can lay this to rest once and for all.

09-Feb-16
HERE LIES THE TRUTH.Cruz guys keep makeing personal attacks...rveryone else isnt...what does this acomplish?

09-Feb-16
Not at all gflight, I welcome your position. Realize though, it is fact that there are a growing number of articles that point to Cruz's lack of ability to be liked. Next day's WSJ, an op-ed piece said he is "loathed" by Washington Republicans and that the "myopic" shift to Trump is because of the dislike of cruz.

He did a great job as a conservative on the stuff you posted above. but how does that translate into any ability to be able to govern as a conservative? I hope we both agree you have to work with people as a president, we are not a dictatorship-yet!

Make him the AG when a republican is elected.

09-Feb-16
A President doing the right thing doesn't have to be liked. Cruz has a track record of doing the right thing.

Speaking of dislike, can you say with honesty they would like Trump in all his narcissist glory?

As far as Cruz he could have maybe been more accommodating in the Senate, but the President is one branch of Government....

09-Feb-16
"said he is "loathed" by Washington Republicans"

Have you ever had anyone jealous of you if you were outperforming them?

I see this likable thing as anything we can throw to deter from facts concerning Cruz.

The Democrats usually call Republicans dumb.

When ability to be liked is the only thing he can be attacked on either by Democrats or Establishment types, it should really tell us that he is our guy......IMHO

09-Feb-16
gflight, With one of Cruz' accomplishments listed above being a 44% failure to win cases he has tried before the SCOTUS, is it safe to say that there is a 44% chance he is not eligible for the Presidency under the natural born citizen clause? I ask this, simply because his knowledge of the Constitution has been heralded as a great asset, but I see a 44% failure rate as mediocre at best?

09-Feb-16
Ty Cobb was a lifetime .366 hitter. What a failure... For those who might struggle at math, that is a 63.4% failure rate.

09-Feb-16
Oh btw, best average in the history of the majors amongst qualifiers, but I guess we should be counting all those little leaguers who batted .800 or the guy who was a career 6 for 7 in MLB.

09-Feb-16
Did Ty Cobb claim his batting average as an accomplishment when he ran for POTUS?

09-Feb-16
This last comment by Sureshot reflects a lack of knowledge of how appellate law works.

Appealing cases is not cheap. Taking a case to the Supreme Court is a $250-$500k event at a minimum, if not more. That case would have lost at trial, gone to at least one appellate level beforehand, in most cases, and one side lost.

The losing side thought enough of their chances to take it up the food chain, reaching the Supreme Court level. And to get a petition for certiorari accepted, at least four justices must approve it. A low percentage of the cases taken up to the Supremes gets heard.

This generally means it is a question of first impression, or a very tough question.

I had a very good lawyer, with at that time some 30 year experience, tell me that he did a ten year average of wins versus losses. His average over that ten year period was about 50%, because he was taking the tough cases to trial. The other cases were settled, depending on who had the slam dunk side of the case, either favorably or "take what you can get."

If a lawyer has a 90% batting average for wins, that means he's taking easy cases to trial that should be dealt. A district attorney's office here had the young prosecutors making ridiculous offers on slam dunk DUI and domestic violence cases, so they could get their 2 trials/month in, and win them. The offers were so bad that nobody would accept them. Were they good lawyers? No. But their batting average was near 100%.

55% at that level is damn good work.

09-Feb-16
Would you say Ty Cobb is a failure at his profession?

09-Feb-16
You can twist numbers and facts to fit your agenda however you want, but if you accurately put them into context you find a truer meaning. See bk's post above.

09-Feb-16
"You can twist numbers and facts to fit your agenda however you want, but if you accurately put them into context you find a truer meaning."

Franzen, Thank you, I was beginning to think that my sarcasm was not being understood. I hope you also understand that the numbers and facts can be twisted in both directions, for many different reasons.

09-Feb-16
BK, I understand just fine. Now, I don't believe you have stated any accomplishments yet.

09-Feb-16
I have not. Because in the current political environment, someone like Cruz will get little to nothing passed. I made that clear earlier, but of course, you chose to ignore it.

5/9 at the Supreme Court level is a damn good accomplishment, though.

09-Feb-16
You might also consider that Rubio's accomplishments as a senator are equally limited, and would be, for the same reason. I'm not sure I'd want someone in the White House who got a lot of stuff signed by Obama.

09-Feb-16
Theres guys here talking from the side of their mouth!first you say you hate trump because hes rude and insults people then your rude and insult people!looks like a Cruz gang on here!

09-Feb-16
BK, As pointed out above, numbers can be twisted in both directions. I find it quite amusing to watch several on here post that Trump has had 4 companies file bankruptcy or several buisness attempts fail, while praising Ted Cruz as being a savior. Many of the people criticizing Trump have never even started their own buisness, most likely. Ted Cruz has a good record at the Supreme Court, John Roberts only won 25 of the 39 cases he argued before the SCOTUS, but that is still only a 56% success rate. If we are going to be fair when looking at what candidates have accomplished, we have to be honest with the numbers. Cruz does not have a record of accomplisments as a Senator, he does not have a record of working with others to accomplish his goals. It is this record of Ted's that turns me off, much the same with Rubio. If we got right down to the facts of the case, Cruz has a lot more in common with Obama, speaking of experience and accomplishments, than Trump has with Obama, but that is for another thread.

09-Feb-16
Well, as solicitor general, he certainly did work with others, and accomplish the goals of that office.

He had a staff. It's a hell of a lot more than being a community organizer.

I was an early proponent of Walker and Cruz, in part because I wanted a governor. Well, none of the worthwhile governors made it this far, so I'm going to run with Cruz. He's at least smart enough to know what he doesn't know.

09-Feb-16
gflight,

Again, JMO... I have followed politics with a keen interest for 25 plus years. More than some here, less than others. I cannot recall a candidate that so many members of both parties spoke ill of.

That does not take away from Cruz's accomplishments as a lawyer etc. Certainly will admit he is a bright man.

If he is the nominee, I think he will be torn apart and there will be many within his own party that will enjoy it, some will even help. I am of the camp of lesser of two evils, and I recognize many here disagree with that. I am OK with their disagreeing. Our FF recognized politics would ignite extreme passions and took care to create a system that would survive.

I also have thought what TSI stated. The loudest voices supporting Cruz seem to be those who are insulting and rude. I appreciate your civility. Thank you.

09-Feb-16
I gave you honest statistics. You twisted them not me. You started the thread to list his accomplishments. I did. I have not claimed he is a savior, just that he is the most qualified for President.

You talk of a record that turns you off.

I am in Missouri "Show Me" that record.

Comparison to Obama is ludicrous.

If you are going to run for President you speak of your experience and accomplishments, it's what you do.

Go to a job interview and don't talk about yourself, see if you get hired.....

09-Feb-16
The title of this thread sets up Ted Cruz (and any true conservative in Congress) for failure.

Until Republicans have super-majorities in both Houses anything that would resemble strong pro-Conservative legislation isn't getting signed into law by Obama-period.

Now if you want to point to Republican congressional members with better records of success I submit without reservation you can find them. I'll go out on a limb and offer my opinion that most, if not all of these "go-getters" will have voting records that would make any staunch conservative run for the Pepto, the bathroom or both.

Consistency of positions can be a record one can point to; in this aspect Ted Cruz has been remarkably consistent. This is the type of leadership of principle and the kind of resolve I want in my next POTUS.

Contrary to the theory some at least seem to stick their toe in the water on, Ronald Reagan eloquently stated "we win, they lose" as his definition of a desired outcome. Go along to get along has gotten us along; along the path to becoming a 3rd world nation. No thank-you, I've no interest in boarding that train.

My issues with Donald Trump have nothing to do with his business acumen or record; they have everything to do with his convenient donning of the cloak of conservatism as opposed to someone who's lived, breathed and slept it for the bulk of his adult life.

Given the choice between a bright light and a shadow I'll take the bright light every time.

By the way I don't suffer from the delusion that Ted Cruz is perfect; no human being is. He is though, in my opinion, the best person for the job he's running for, hands down.

09-Feb-16
Mike, Your views, and presentation of those views, have always been presented in a respectable manner, I respect that.

09-Feb-16
It's a shame the guy that wrote this won't be respectful, isn't it?

"Kyle, You sound more like Trump every day, if your not calling someone names you are giving us the "I'm smarter and more valuable than her" speech. It really is ok to answer a question without calling someone a name or telling us how smart you are,very disgusting. "

09-Feb-16
BK, Respect is earned. I treat people with respect that carry themselves in a respectable manner. I won't lower myself to Kyle's level by deleting your post, instead I will leave it as testament to the double standards and hypocrisy people such as yourself and Kyle exhibit.

09-Feb-16
Self awareness is your short suit, isn't it? Spectacular lack of it, in fact.

Wife beaters: I wouldn't beat her if she wasn't such a ... Drunks and drug addicts: I wouldn't drink/use if you weren't such a... Sureshot: I wouldn't be such a .....if Kyle didn't do....

Sorry, dude, I see you for what you are, by what you do. Own it.

09-Feb-16
BK, I will take your commentary as a sign that you have no Ted Cruz accomplishments to add to the thread. I also appreciate the kind words, from you they are a compliment. I must admit though, I really expected better from you, I really thought you might be able to list an accomplishment rather than just taking the thread off topic.

09-Feb-16
Sureshot,

Not wanting to call anyone out, but I agree with what you stated regarding the behaviors of some individuals. Hopefully we can all just move forward on debating the issues. Spike was right that many of us, including myself, must do better keeping the personal attacks at bay.

11-Feb-16
"Introduced 25 bills and 2 signed into law = 8% success or 92% failure

9 cases before the SCOTUS with 5 cases won = 56% success rate or 44% failure"

Is this still the full list of Ted's accomplisments?

12-Feb-16
Still open for accomplishments.

12-Feb-16
Still open for accomplishments.

12-Feb-16
He has captured most of the support of BS CFers! How's that for an accomplishment?

12-Feb-16
Many have been listed accomplishments in apples to apples comparisons in the field he had worked in.... and came out near the top of these fields respectively. As a Freshman Jr Senator, very impressive. You can go all the way back to college as a debate champion. At or near the top again. Leading at or near the top of your field IS an accomplishment all it's own. Very very few in this world do.

Yet someone wants apples and oranges compared because things weren't going how they expected? Too bad.

Might as well ask "well, yeah, but how many trashy reality tv shows was he in?" You would be correct in saying Honey Boo Boo would best Cruz in that category....

12-Feb-16
It probably does not matter that while Cruz was fighting for the Second Amendment at the Supreme Court, Trump was donating to the clintons, Rahm Emanuel, and Nancy Pelosi and pushing for more gun control either.

13-Feb-16
It's the economy and security guys, not social issues or gun control.

• Sitka Gear