Shuteye 11-Feb-16
gflight 11-Feb-16
foxbo 11-Feb-16
Rocky 11-Feb-16
gflight 11-Feb-16
Anony Mouse 12-Feb-16
10-Feb-16
From Gallup...

"Trump is the most unpopular candidate of either party when the entire U.S. population is taken into account — and … he has a higher unfavorable rating than any nominated candidate from either of the two major parties going back to the 1992 election when we began to track favorability using the current format.

At this point (two-week average through Jan. 27), 33% of Americans view Trump favorably and 60% unfavorably."

Even Hillary, despite decades of subjecting us to corruption, incompetence, and her shrill, witchlike cackle, has a significantly better unfavorable rate at 52%. In sharp contrast, Ted Cruz’s unfavorable rate is only 37%, despite the Washington establishment telling us he is unlikable.

Subtracting unfavorable from favorable has recently provided the following numbers:

Cruz sits at +51 with Republicans, which is the highest in the field. He’s at -3 with Independents, and -37 with Democrats. While that sounds bad, consider Trump is only at +27 with Republicans, -27 with Independents, and a whopping -70 with Democrats.

Trump cannot win the national election, even if he gets to run against Hillary, whom any other Republican would whale on. One-third of Republicans may worship the floor beneath his loafers; that does not mean he wouldn’t stand a good chance of losing all 50 states, with negative coattails that would put Democrats in charge of both houses of Congress.

10-Feb-16
I agree. Whole-heartedly. Still thinking rubio will emerge as the golden boy, though.

10-Feb-16
I do not think Trump can win the general, but has a solid chance of receiving the nomination.

That is my stance right now. If Hillary is indicted, maybe. Sanders versus Trump is different.

Bloomberg gets in and the dynamics change every where. After yesterday, rumblings say he is considering it even more now.

This election is anything but boring!

10-Feb-16
As long as the dem nomination is still contested, trump can be beat. If the dem contest is over, liberals will cross over to assure a trump win of the nomination with a following loss in the general.

If trump is the nominee, he will learn what it is like to be treated like a voodoo doll.

10-Feb-16
Actually Trump has been a voodoo doll for months. The media hate him. The GOP leaders hate him and the democrats hate him. They don't think much of Cruz either. The voters like Trump though.

10-Feb-16
"Bloomberg gets in and the dynamics change every where."

That is all we need for the Oligarchy....

America Bought!

Trump vs Bloomberg

then who ever wins can run against...

Bill Gates or Rupert Murdoch

But hey, it wouldn't be Washington insiders and they could tell all the lobbyists like the NRA, GOA, DAV, VFW, American Legion, DU, NWTF, Boone Crocket, Rocky Mountain Elk, etc. to go to hell as they shiz all over us.....

10-Feb-16
Not a chance. The media is holding their fire on Trump unless and until he gets the nomination, at which point they will blast him into oblivion. I heard on the radio this morning that NBC has purchased a documentary that was made about Trump at some point in the past and it was none too flattering. Apparently they also purchased all the extra footage that was left on the cutting room floor. There is so much opposition research goodies out there on Trump it isn't even funny. It's been shocking to me that almost nothing of his past lifestyle has been called into question or some of his shady business dealings. Maybe it will start coming out in the next few weeks, I don't know. One thing is for sure, it's ALL coming out if he's the GOP nominee.

10-Feb-16
Trump has been underestimated by many since he entered the race. It was not very long ago that many said he would be out before Iowa, at some point people will quit doubting his electability. Trump's dirty laundry is already in the open,several candidates have not yet had theirs exposed.

10-Feb-16
I had such high hopes this election and they have totally went down the commode....

10-Feb-16
"Trump's dirty laundry is already in the open"

Oh, that is totally not true. It may be public record but that doesn't mean it's public knowledge. It will be, though, just wait.

10-Feb-16
So far the smartest candidate is Trump. He has made fools out of a lot of people. I no longer pay any attention to the people that say it is over for him, so far they have been as full of it as a Christmas turkey. After the South Carolina election Kasich will be gone, he spent all his capital in New Hampshire.

10-Feb-16
I think Trump could win the general based on what we have seen so far.

He won a huge chunk of independent voters in NH, and has been the primary reason for incredibly high turnouts. Plus he has a pretty fast learning curve - getting better at the ground game while also toning down some of his outrageous statements. Some. Still a lot more toning down to go.

10-Feb-16
Karl Rove says Trump will be hard to beat. Especially since Trump is getting the evangelical vote over Cruz. I hope Cruz can pull it off because he is tops on the second amendment. I will be satisfied if it is Trump, however. Rove says if Trump wins South Carolina he will be a runaway train. He can still screw up in a debate like Rubio. I will vote for Cruz in the primary.

10-Feb-16
Yes, Trump can win,...to answer the question

10-Feb-16
Least he won't hold back on the SheBat....That's why I was hoping Carley would hang out a bit longer, she didn't hold back...

I don't see Cruz or Rubio doing that, but guess we'll see...It'd be politically incorrect and mean...Lol

10-Feb-16
You'd better hope that Trump can win because it looks like he may very well be the GOP nominee.

10-Feb-16
"Especially since Trump is getting the evangelical vote over Cruz"

Cruz won the evangelical vote over Trump handily in Iowa and barely lost it in NH, which is a different kind of evangelicals than in the Iowa and the South.

10-Feb-16
If Trump gets the nomination and wins, he will not be elected by conservatives or evangelicals.

He will be elected by people who want to keep the status quo instead of moving quite so quickly to an even more leftist/criminal government.

10-Feb-16
That's probably so and as much as I don't trust him I'd vote for Trump's toe nail clippings before I'd want to see Bernie Bolshevic or Patti Pantsuit as POTUS.

BTW, how's those indictment's against Hillary coming along? How much longer should I hold my breath? I'm starting to turn blue...

10-Feb-16
joshauf, according to the polls in South Carolina Trump has the evangelical votes. They did say the poll is three weeks old but he was leading in about everything.

10-Feb-16
"joshauf, according to the polls in South Carolina Trump has the evangelical votes."

Pretty sure some polls had Trump leading Cruz among evangelicals in Iowa, too. I knew that was not likely to be the case. He lost them to Cruz handily when actual votes were counted.

It's not likely to be the case in South Carolina, either.

10-Feb-16

joshuaf's Link
"joshauf, according to the polls in South Carolina Trump has the evangelical votes."

I've said here recently that Trump was quickly losing his appeal to evangelical Christians with the kind of language he's been using.

See these quotes from the article at the link, talking about the South Carolina primary:

Several people at Cruz’s Wednesday rally said they’d been open to Trump but that his foul language is wearing thin.

“At first we were for Trump, but he’s kind of rubbing us the wrong way,” said Robert Hatten of Myrtle Beach.

Trump this week repeated a supporter’s contention that Cruz’s position against torture makes him a “pussy.” It didn’t hurt Trump in New Hampshire, which he won handily, but a repeat in South Carolina, with its bigger population of evangelicals and conservatives, could be more damaging.

“He’s a little too outspoken for me. The language,” said Glenda Chapman of nearby Surfside Beach.“Trump really went over the line.”

10-Feb-16
Good thing he didn't say Big F*****g deal or they would have hated that......Oh wait.

11-Feb-16
From yesterday's WSJ editorial about the NH votes:

"Ted Cruz also failed to capitalize on his Iowa victory, notably in failing to make inroads among voters who are not evangelicals or very conservative. Mr. Cruz will find more fertile territory in the south, but his showing in New England bodes ill for winning swing states if he is the GOP nominee in November."

11-Feb-16
The way Politics has been the last 10 years .... you all better hope Trump gets the nomination and does win! These last 10 years of Dem crappola and Rhino Repub's the whole political system needs revamped!

Trump is the only one with any real balls! I'm a "go for the throat" type of guy and I think Trump will do exactly that to those in politics that need it! IF he does 1/2 of what he's been saying .... then we ALL win! I'm sick of crooked politics .... Trump can't be any worse than what we have had! I just can't believe 75% of American's are not behind him. .... no one else in the arena has any balls!

Hillarious (& Bill) and "O" and most of his "people" and most politicians should be in jail NOW! .... anyone that breaks Their Oath of Office against The U.S.Constitution and We the People should be severely dealt with .... Not re-elected and rewarded!

11-Feb-16
In a multi person race sure. In a race with two or three no. Donald has a cult following but it will never be above 35% in a primary.

I do think anyone could win against Hillary.

11-Feb-16
"Donald has a cult following but it will never be above 35% in a primary."

Multiple polls have shown Trump losing head to head to Cruz if it's just the two of them left in the nomination race. He better hope it doesn't come to that.

11-Feb-16
Most would consider (like him or not)that Limbaugh has long been both advocate and spokesman for conservatives.

LIMBAUGH: TRUMP BUILT THE ‘COALITION’ THE GOP CLAIMS TO WANT — NOW THEY ARE ‘BADGERING,’ ‘BASHING’ IT

Wednesday on his radio show, conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh argued that New Hampshire Republican primary winner Donald Trump won by building a coalition of voters that went beyond just conservatives, which is something the GOP has claimed was necessary to win elections in this era of American politics.

Limbaugh referred to exit polling as proof, noting that he had voters from every demographic and that conservatives were just a small part of this “coalition.”

“Here’s Trump running against everything going on in Washington and declaring that what’s going on in Washington is incompetent and being performed by a bunch of hacks that are only in it for themselves, and he’s put together a coalition that covers every group, demographic and otherwise, that you can think of. And among the smallest in his group is conservatives. That’s why he can win big in New Hampshire with taking not very big percentage of the conservative vote because his coalition is so big and made up of so many other different groups of people. He won only a third of the ‘very conservative’ vote. ‘Among evangelical voters, Trump and Cruz were basically tied.’ Who in the world would predict that? Who in the…? After Cruz comes and dominates Iowa and does so on the basis of evangelical voters. And Trump, you know, ‘Two Corinthians walk into a bar…’ Donald Trump, ‘Two Corinthians this,’ and, ‘The Bible? The Bible kills it, except my book.’ And yet evangelicals’ support for Trump tied with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in New Hampshire. This was the scale of Trump’s win.”

Limbaugh went through each group and pointed out Trump had won each of those groups by overwhelming margins.

“Trump won, the exit polls were right,” Limbaugh continued. “Trump won men. He won women. He won every age group. He won every ideology. Liberal, conservative, moderate, Libertarian. Every group Trump won a majority of voters. He won among people who had gone to college and people who hadn’t. He won among people who only had a high school education; he won among people who did not have a high school education. He won every single age bracket. He won those groups by huge margins. He won men 3-to-1 over second place finisher. Women he won 2-to-1. Voters under 30 he won 2-to-1. Nearly 40 percent of those who had not attended college voted Trump. A third of those who had attended college voted Trump. This is what the Republican Party’s been telling us they need to win. I’ve had ’em come to my office. I’ve told you. I’ve had Sen. Rand Paul here, Mitt Romney’s here. One thing they’ve all said in common is that Republican Party can’t win with Republican votes alone anymore. We have to branch out, we have to reach out. This is what they were telling me to prepare me for some of the campaign tactics that I was gonna see. That they were gonna have to reach out and immigration was one of the ways of reaching out, supporting amnesty.”

But instead of praising Trump for this accomplishment, Limbaugh argues the GOP is criticizing Trump instead.

“Well, all along Trump has built that coalition the Republican Party claims to want and they’re out there badgering it and bashing it,” he added. “It’s exactly what they claim to want. They could have had it. The Republican Party could have had the Trump coalition. They could have had it at health care. A majority of Americans opposed Obamacare from the get-go. The Republican Party could have seriously attempted to form an alliance with the Tea Party and the anti-Obamacare people and been a dominant majority party on that issue alone. And then on subsequent issues to come down the pike the Republican Party could have formed an alliance with majorities in other areas of opposition, and they didn’t. The Trump coalition could have been the Republican Party. They couldn’t do it because they thought it was all conservative. They couldn’t do it because they thought the Tea Party was a bunch of hayseed hicks who believe in pro-life politics and they just couldn’t do it, they just couldn’t build a bridge. Whatever it is, fear of social issues, dislike of conservatism, not wanting to get in bed with people who want the government to be smaller and less intrusive in people’s lives, whatever it was, they couldn’t do it. And now, because they didn’t do it, there’s Donald Trump.”

“Donald Trump has the exact coalition the Republican Party, to a man, has told me they need to win, that they need to thrive,” Limbaugh said. “And now they’re reduced to bashing it by virtue of bashing Trump. And now they’re reduced to bashing it by virtue of bashing Cruz. The two people who are showing the Republican Party all they had to do all these past seven years, but they didn’t. They purposely, strategically, tactically refused to push back, refused to make a spectacle of stopping Obama, and they have themselves to blame for this predicament.”

The last statement is something that I and many others here have long opined...the FAIL of the Republican Party to be an opposition party to Obama and the proregressive left made Trump's campaign what it has become.

"Nature abhors a vacuum."

11-Feb-16
All emotional crap that won't work under the laws of this Nation.

Trump was questioned by O'reilly last night and without being able to curse him out he just sat there with a deer in headlight look and kept saying I can do it when O'reilly mentioned the rule of law.

I am sorry but as a rational person I don't fall for Idiocracy....

What would you say to get a rational person to vote for Trump?

11-Feb-16
"It's him or Hillary." ;o)

Again...the choice of the lesser of two weasels.

11-Feb-16
Trump looked terrible with his answers to O'Reilly. It was amazing, the more the guy talks the more you realize how ill informed he is.

Yep, I would still take him over Hillary.

11-Feb-16
Him over any democrat and I still don't think Hillary will be the nominee. If she is she will be beaten down so much Barney Fife could beat her.

11-Feb-16
Rush must really, really value Trump as a golfing partner.

Donald Trump is the perfect embodiment of the saying "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time". He is a very talented Confidence Man and he has fooled a lot of people, but he won't fool them all, and for those of you who he has fooled, you're going to realize it at some point and look back with amazement and disgust at how you were fooled by such a blatant Con Man.

By the way, Mouse, you forgot to mention where Rush said yesterday that Cruz is the closest thing to Reagan to run for President since Reagan.

Trump has been very, very useful to Conservatives. For Conservatives, Trump's ascendance has given us an unprecedented opportunity to see just exactly who the true Constitutional Conservatives are among us, versus the people who are totally okay with a Strongman in the White House so long as he's their Strongman.

11-Feb-16

11-Feb-16
Should we accept tweets from non-bowhunters as relevant? :-)

11-Feb-16

FraDiavolo's Link
The only rational response to The Donald:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XriXDtfqCg

11-Feb-16
That is another thing that ticks me off, calling someone a weasel in a disparaging manner. They are ignorant of wildlife just like they are about guns. A weasel is one bad a$$ little critter that can whip animals much larger than itself. A tiny weasel can kill a great big duck in quick order. Yes they are killers but that is what they do, they gotta eat. I wrote to Bill O'Reilly once and told him to stop calling people weasels. He has no idea what a weasel is and wouldn't know what one was if it bit him in the a$$. Weasels, assault weapons, it just goes on and on and these people are being paid to spread ignorance. the majority of the people don't know any better and start using the same terminology. They figure it must be right because they saw it on TV.

11-Feb-16
Rush supported HSUS. Nough said....

11-Feb-16
Gleason.....Classic

11-Feb-16
I just had an interesting mental vision. Can anyone else imagine how a Presidential debate would go if Trump wins the GOP and Sanders wins the DEMs. It would be downright embarrassing to the Country. I'd be surprised if the mods would get more than 2 questions in on the entire debate.....the rest would be all yelling and name calling.

11-Feb-16
The moderators would ask Trump what is the square root of 20196 and ask Bernie what his favorite ice cream is.

11-Feb-16

gflight's Link
right here

11-Feb-16
He can win if he picks the right running mate.

11-Feb-16
No.

Only Ted Cruz can. No one else.

The Rock

11-Feb-16
Rush Limbaugh says that Sen. Ted Cruz “is the closest in our lifetimes we have ever been to Ronald Reagan.”

Wednesday on “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” Limbaugh suggested, “In terms of doctrinaire, understandable, articulated, implementable conservatism, there’s nobody closer,” than Cruz to Reagan.

The world is going to stop turning. Finally Mr. HSUS is getting it.......

12-Feb-16

Anony Mouse's Link
Perhaps...

Why our next president will be a liberal

FWIW: an ounce of silver is valued at $15.80 today.

(Note to the obvious:Trump is not a conservative and all the usual blather from the Trumphobians. 99.99% of people here would not have taken the Hershey. Still, video is telling. Remember: they vote!)

• Sitka Gear