Shuteye 12-Feb-16
absaroka6 12-Feb-16
Anony Mouse 12-Feb-16
HA/KS 12-Feb-16
SB 12-Feb-16
absaroka6 12-Feb-16
itshot 12-Feb-16
11-Feb-16
One of the responses I've been hearing in regards to Trump's proposal to deport those here illegally, is that it "can't" be done because anyone who's here illegally and is caught must appear before a judge for a hearing and (pick all that apply)...

1. There's too many of them.

2. Most wouldn't show up.

3. It'd tie up the courts for decades.

Now, before we go any further this is NOT a thread about Trump. If any of you want to go off on a slobbering Trump tirade go start another thread. The only thing Trump has to do with this is what people have been saying about the 3 items above. Capece?

So......if this point about the illegals having a hearing, etc. is true, is this a new thing? I ask this because WAAAAY back when in the 70's and 80's when the INS still was a functioning body, they used to pick illegals right off the jobsite and put them on a bus to Mexico post haste. No hearings, no goodbyes, no nuthin'. Just GONE. I knew a few landscapers who left 3 men on a job, went to get some materials and when they got back there was no one there. Tools all left out, radio on....just gone.

So when did this change occur? And maybe we should change it back to how it was because if it is the law now then we may as well not even have any borders.

11-Feb-16
When I was in the Marines (early 1980's) I was near enough to the Mexican border that we often caught illegals passing through. Like on a city bus. We checked people who fit the bill for ID's as the bus came onto the base, pulled off illegals, and turned them right over to border patrol.

One day in maybe 1985, a gate guard opened up a U-Haul passing thru and caught 32 illegals hiding inside. Somehow they lawyered up, and fought the case based on the argument that there are some vehicles that we did not search.

From then on, we could not even check for illegals on the buses. It was something new and bad called "racial profiling" and we could not ask an apparent Mexican illegal if not also checking for every Swedish ID, etc.

THIS on a military installation, as if Marine guards could not check anyone anywhere for illegal acts on a government property. And that was the beginning of the end...

11-Feb-16
In my state they wouldn't even go to court. I believe it's now against the law for a police officer to even question the status of a suspected illegal immigrant.

11-Feb-16
That secret court they have now could hold hearings swear out warrants and their gone. But to many want them here and just blow smoke to make us think they want them gone.

11-Feb-16
Anyone else on this? bk? What's your opinion?

11-Feb-16
They 're illegal. They're entitled to nothing...including some bogus "hearing". Load 'em up, and ship 'em out! Quite simple. Or give them a choice...back where you came from, or a fireing squad. Again...quite simple!

11-Feb-16
WW,

I agree. Then can still be immediately deported if they are caught in the act of illegally entering the US. No courts. If they are established however, due process.

The Rock

11-Feb-16
Then when did that change? Like I said, 30 years ago that was not the case. I know this first hand BTW. I knew business owners who had workers taken off a job and sent back. I knew LEO's who participated.

They used to raid factories in Chicago and clean out half the employees in some cases. Illegals DID NOT bring their familes with them at that time because they always knew they could be here one day and gone the next. When that threat ended is when the floodgates opened and we have the cataclysmic situation we have now. So when did the law change?

12-Feb-16
Tuesday's WSJ has a great cover page article on immigration. Main thrust was that because of the economy and also some control efforts, the illegal immigration problem has reversed. In fact farms are not able to hire enough workers now and are starting to invest in expensive machinery that eliminates workers.

Showed great stats on the drop in health care expenses, education etc. major point was that in some cases it has hurt the GDP of certain states like AZ as they are in short supply of workers.

Caused me to think that if the Dems handle the immigration issue as a "not a problem, it is racism", it may backfire on the Repubs.

12-Feb-16
I am so sick and tired of hearing how illegals help the economy and it will suffer without them. Sure it might hurt some industries and they will have to raise there wages and prices but overall the country will save money. The reason is illegals are getting all kinds of freebies that they shouldn't be getting that completely dwarfs their economic benefit.

12-Feb-16
I agree with Mint.

12-Feb-16
I have to agree with Mint and Spike Bull. Several years ago, I was working on a job that was loaded with Bosnians.

One of them happened to be 22 years old and drove up in a BRAND NEW Audi, and was bragging about buying it with his Government assistance check. Then to add insult to injury, he told us how his Grandmother came over from BiH, and got on SSI Disability.

Never worked a day in this country, couldn't speak the language, yet was living better than MY Grandfather who worked from the age of 10 to his 70th birthday.

Yes something definitely needs to be done and soon.

12-Feb-16

Anony Mouse's Link
A start of sorts...

12-Feb-16
absaroka, my sis has MS and is totally disabled. Since she was a stay at home mom and had no SS work history, he was told she was not eligible for SS disability.

12-Feb-16
Humanitarian effort? Supply water to illegals ? Whoever shot all those containers up should get a medal! Keep up the good work!

12-Feb-16
Henry, exactly my point. Be an American, work your entire life to try to provide for your family, contribute to the Country as a whole, and make the People Proud to be Americans, and you get kicked in the face.

Be an Illegal, or a "Political Refugee" and get the world handed to you on a silver platter.

Once again I am on lay-off, exhausted my savings, and am now selling off my bow collection to make bills. Do you think my "Kind and Caring" Union would help me find work?, or defer my dues until I find work?. Don't get me started.

My apologies for losing my temper. I am starting to slide back to a very dark place

12-Feb-16
hang in there absaroka6, no apologies needed, let it rip

• Sitka Gear