sureshot 12-Feb-16
bad karma 13-Feb-16
Rocky 13-Feb-16
bad karma 14-Feb-16
11-Feb-16

sureshot's Link
Funny how money changes your beliefs.

11-Feb-16
I agree to an extent. I believe Trumps beliefs are malleable and there is no core, but it does make a Huuuge difference if Trumps getting paid.

11-Feb-16
Rafael Cruz did what any other human being on this planet would do...for money: change hats faster than a rabbit gets fuqed and so would Donald Trump.

hmmmmmm.. What is the difference between them again?

Now some here think Rafael Cruz is a saint and Donald Trump the devil. Rafael Cruz is the answer to all their prayers.

Rafael like Donald are whores for dead presidents. Donald is just so much better than Rafael at getting them.

The Rock

12-Feb-16
JTV, Obviously you didn't read the article.

12-Feb-16
Spike, How about being for tort reform now, but being for $50,000,000.00 settlements when it enriched him? Perception matters?

12-Feb-16
Threads like this are useful, because it clearly shows the biased partisans.

A lawyer taking on a client is not adopting the client's beliefs. I defended two first degree murder trials, so now, I must be in favor of murder?

Just pathetic attempts to bring someone down. It's a shame you have nothing positive about Trump to sell.

12-Feb-16
"I defended two first degree murder trials, so now, I must be in favor of murder?"

Were they guilty?

12-Feb-16
Joey, because of attorney-client privilege, I can't discuss specifics, or even answer that question.

12-Feb-16
Fair enough.

Thanks

12-Feb-16
JTV, I was already under the impression that reading wasn't your strong suit. ;-)

12-Feb-16
Are you telling me Cruz did what the people who hired him, hired him to do?

Isn't that what attorneys are supposed to do?

Oh, the horror!

Then there's this: David Corn is a very liberal journalist who writes about politics. He's also chief of the Washington bureau for Mother Jones, a far-left liberal rag.

12-Feb-16
"That's fine with me, Frank. Because my standards are not based on a minimum amount. They're based on a common set of core beliefs. If a potential client does not share my core values, I will not take them as a client. Our belief systems would be too different to make for a good relationship for either of us.

If George Soros walked into my office tomorrow and said he wanted me to invest $1,000,000,000 of his money for him and I could charge whatever I thought was fair and reasonable, I would say, "No Thanks," and show him the door.

Cowboy Ethics, The Cowboy Code of The West, principle #9; "Some thing are not for sale.""

Kyle, While I don't agree with you on much, the work you have done in wildlife conservation and the fact that you are consistent on ethics are two exceptions. If Ted Cruz shared your views on ethics,such as that above,I could respect him for it also.

12-Feb-16
Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate your saying that.

Kyle

12-Feb-16
I think you got the title wrong??

Mother Jones is an endorsement of Cruz.

He did not compromise the law for his beliefs and did the job he was hired to do.

12-Feb-16
gflight, Read the post above of Kyle's that I copied here, then read the link and my other posts,if you still don't understand my point,I apologize for you.

12-Feb-16
Jeff,

It appears you made a typo or three in the title, or perhaps ran out of words due to space limitations. What did you intend the title to say? I haven't been able to figure it out.

12-Feb-16
Trump has core beliefs, until he's being paid.

12-Feb-16
Got it. Thanks,

Of course, getting paid and building the Trump brand are his only core beliefs

12-Feb-16
Kyle. Just curious if you have ever built a buisness on your own, or if you have always been associated with another's buisness?

12-Feb-16
as an attorney, your personal beliefs are not important. Even in closing argument, it's not "I", it's "the evidence shows" or "my client believes."

This is yet another dumb bass thread.

12-Feb-16
Kevin, Did anyone say Cruz went against his core beliefs?

BK, Of course your personal beliefs are not important as a lawyer, that is why they are so highly regarded.

I'm sure it is quite easy to say there is no controversy in fighting for $50,000,000.00 settlements when the proceeds enrich yourself, but then fight for tort reform when setting yourself up to run as a conservative in the presidential election,especially if it is your candidate.

13-Feb-16
It always amazes me when people contradict themselves in the same thread. It amazes me even more when people contradict themselves in a thread they started.

"Funny how money changes your beliefs," in a comment concerning the article about Cruz.

"Did anyone say Cruz went against his core beliefs" in Sureshot's last post.

All three conclusions one can draw from these two posts being authored by the same person are bad.

13-Feb-16
bk,

Attorneys are the poster children for contradiction.

You gotta be a kiddin' me with that BS.

Lets take a poll outside of this lopsided FORUM.

Something tells me you would rather bury those results.

The Rock

14-Feb-16
Crock, I see right through you.

In this thread, all attorneys are the same. In another, all politicians are the same. I'd bet the farm there are several other groups of people that you think are identical, whether you admit it in print or not.

• Sitka Gear