Anony Mouse 12-Feb-16
joshuaf 12-Feb-16
SB 12-Feb-16
NvaGvUp 12-Feb-16
Shuteye 12-Feb-16
sureshot 12-Feb-16
12-Feb-16

sureshot's Link
If Cruz always acts in this manner,it is probably a good reason few care for him. After all, nobody likes a liar, do they?

12-Feb-16
YAWN!!! Even Fox (Rubio) News admitted that "after extensive research we agree you were never for legalization. Maybe you should bring the birther issue back up again. SMH

12-Feb-16

sureshot's Link
Seems even on simple issues he gets caught up. Little lies here,little lies there, seems to be a pattern.

12-Feb-16
Interesting that you're using 2 well-known Liberal web sites to make your case against Cruz. Then again, maybe not so surprising since we already know that a lot of Trump's support comes from Democrats, so I suppose it's natural you'd be spending time getting your news from those sites.

12-Feb-16
joshuaf, Are you suggesting that the facts presented are wrong?

12-Feb-16
Ted says technology is his secret weapon. They have apps that tell them all about the person that will be behind the door they are knocking on. That data tells them something about how you think. Wilson told me, “Someone who buys arugula, we’ve found that they tend to be a little bit more Democratic -- someone who buys iceberg lettuce tends to be more Republican.”

They told about a father that called Target and complained they were sending his daughter ads for babies. He said they were promoting his daughter to get pregnant. When A Target manager called the father to apologize, the father apologized to the manager, his daughter was pregnant. Target knew before the father.

In other words they don't go door to door and knock on them all, just the ones that they think will vote for Ted. Saves a lot of time and money.

12-Feb-16

sureshot's Link
“There may be other candidates who choose to throw rocks in my direction,” the GOP presidential hopeful said in an interview aired Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I’m not going to engage in the personal mudslinging, in the negative attacks on people’s personal character."

After watching the Cruz ads it would be safe tosay that he might have lied about this as well.

12-Feb-16

sureshot's Link
“There may be other candidates who choose to throw rocks in my direction,” the GOP presidential hopeful said in an interview aired Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “I’m not going to engage in the personal mudslinging, in the negative attacks on people’s personal character."

After watching the Cruz ads it would be safe tosay that he might have lied about this as well.

12-Feb-16

Jimbo's Link
I really hope a lot of people here on the CF take the time to read the article in sureshot's first post/link on this thread. It is astoundingly thorough and well written.

I've included another link to it in this post. It's long... but it's worth the time it takes to read it.

12-Feb-16
Item of note for me in that article is how he avoided talking with reporters. Last night O'Reilly made a point of saying how Cruz has been invited multiple times on his show and has not responded. That was both before and after he interviewed Rubio live. Rubio even said he was there to answer any questions.

Cruz may end up being too smart for his own good. To me he is looking more and more like a political operative instead of an outsider.

12-Feb-16
Ted Cruz is a Republican Bill Clinton... "It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is."

The best line in the article that sureshot's first post links to is, "Cruz is a spectacular liar."

Yet, Cruz is able to play many Cfers like a fiddle. SMH

12-Feb-16
We are talking about Rafael Cruz here not Donald Trump.

This tit for tat BS is sickening.

Ask about Trump and you get Cruz and visa versa.

Get this into your thick heads...Rafael Cruz is a politician. All politicians are self propelled for themselves you fools.

The Rock

12-Feb-16
I saw where Bill O'Reilly has asked Cruz to come on his show but no response. He will get tough questions like Bill hits Trump with. Trump is one of the only people that will get O'Reilly to shut up so he can make his point.

12-Feb-16
I came across the following last night and listened to the responses made by the candidates to this young lady. I was very surprised that Rubio had the best response to a serious question. So much so, that I could actually give support to him if I did not distrust him so much more. Of course, saying the "right" things is so much easier for a politician to do than practice...and unfortunately for Mr. Marco, his past actions speak much more loudly than his lovely sounding conservatism.

Cruz' answer was somewhat disappointing from what I expected.

Outstanding Teen Has a Question For the Candidates

Allie Nault, of Gilford, N.H. is the reigning Miss America’s Outstanding Teen. The eighteen-year-old is dedicated to fiscal responsibility, both personally and nationally.

Miss Nault was able to track down a number of the presidential hopefuls and ask them about the national debt. The videos are posted on YouTube.

More on Allie Nault Here

WithDonald Trump

With Hillary Clinton

With Ted Cruz

With Marko Rubio There’s substance to the Senator’s answer.

She seemed to have been able to put the question to just about ever candidate except, Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Bernie Sanders.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I believe for all his promises, Rubio cannot be trusted when it comes to words/actions.

MARCO RUBIO ON IMMIGRATION REFORM: ‘WE’RE NOT GOING TO RAM IT DOWN YOUR THROAT’

12-Feb-16
Mouse, Cruz's answer was very good considering it was delivered in roughly 30 seconds. Give him 5+ minutes like Rubio and I'm sure he'd give a little more detail also.

12-Feb-16
From the other videos, it would seem that he could have had as much time as he needed to answer and could have expounded upon the topic instead of generalizing with the standard "jobs/growth" that has been heard for years.

Why are you so defensive when it comes to Cruz? He's a candidate, probably the best one in spite of party...but certainly not impervious to any criticism or critique. Your pettishness marginalizes your input.

12-Feb-16
"Why are you so defensive when it comes to Cruz?"

Why are you so defensive when it comes to Trump?

"Your pettishness marginalizes your input."

Ironic comment given your complaint about Cruz, don't you think?

12-Feb-16
So why don't you all just vote for the witch then? That is such a way better choice for what 's left of our country !

12-Feb-16
sureshot,

Your link is pure Bull Bleep!

What Cruz did was attach a poison pill to the immigration bill. That killed the bill!

Senator Jeff Sessions, perhaps the strongest supporter of secure borders the Senate has, praised Cruz for coming up with that strategy and has said if he hadn't, the bill might well have passed.

Just because someone posted something on the internet doesn't make it true, Jeff!

12-Feb-16
Cruz explained what he did to the bill pretty well I thought.

12-Feb-16
Notice when he explained it, now. When he was pinned down and asked about it before, he refused to answer, take your blinders off. I could care less if you vote for Cruz, it's your right, just don't try to tell me how divine he is.

• Sitka Gear