Rocky 12-Feb-16
Rocky 12-Feb-16
NvaGvUp 12-Feb-16
joshuaf 12-Feb-16
joshuaf 12-Feb-16
ar troy 12-Feb-16
HA/KS 12-Feb-16
12-Feb-16
Ben Carson got 9% of the vote in Iowa, where he had previously had 30% in the Fall, got 2% in New Hampshire, is waayyyy back in South Carolina, and just laid off 50 campaign staff last week. And the Taxpayers are still footing the bill for him to have Secret Service protection at a cost of $38,000 per day!?!? That is NUTS. Carson needs to get out of the race. He's sold plenty of books, which is all he was ever in it for to begin with.

12-Feb-16
Why you picking on the black guy...?

12-Feb-16
Are you hoping if he gets out quick enough Cruz might win SC?

12-Feb-16
That crook Clinton will have protection for the rest of her life and she is a a real bum.

12-Feb-16
Let me be the first to take the opportunity: racist!

LOL

12-Feb-16
Bigot.

I do agree he should have gotten out after Iowa like Cruz insisted. I think the Trump campaign is paying him to stay in.

12-Feb-16
Think what you want but Trump could be taken down. However, right now the Republicans are a circular firing squad and if they don't get behind someone pretty quickly it will be too late. Trump's supporters don't give a damn about what the other say, they will stick with him. The remaining candidates are screwing each other. They are fighting for second place and some should just give up.

12-Feb-16
Those secret service employees would be earning a salary regardless of what they were doing. Carson could drop out and they'd still be getting a pay check lounging out some other place. That money was already budgeted.

12-Feb-16
I think we need to see how Carson does in SC. It could be his best state...

12-Feb-16
Racist!

Trump/Carson 2016

Ha!

12-Feb-16
As far as the government goes, this "outrage" is a drop of water in an ocean of outrageous expenditures, in my opinion.

12-Feb-16
ar,

Truer words were never spoken. That will all come to an immediate halt when Rafael gets the reins.

He will discontinue ALL programs by executive action and make members of his cabinet get tattoos of the constitution on their a$$ with Rand Paul inspecting them. BTW they will have to paint the WH in their spare time.

Geez he is....well...so honest and wonderful.

The Rock

The Rock

12-Feb-16
joshauf,

You have a fear of Donald Trump so deep you are typing in 3D.

What are you so worried about in this primary?

The Rock

12-Feb-16
Rocco,

I'll say one thing for you; you're 'unique.'

12-Feb-16
"I think the Trump campaign is paying him to stay in."

Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is exactly what's happening.

12-Feb-16
"As far as the government goes, this "outrage" is a drop of water in an ocean of outrageous expenditures, in my opinion."

Why does he even need protection? I seem to recall he and Trump got assigned protection when they were the top 2 candidates back in the Fall. So far as I know, Cruz doesn't have a SS detail even though he's been one of the top 2 candidates for months now. He's not asking for one, nor does he need one. Why does Carson? Very irritating, especially since he is not seriously running for President, just having an extended book tour.

12-Feb-16
I can't answer that. I'd have to assume there is some campaign rule or law politicians created for themselves which makes taxpayers foot the bill for such things. I would also assume Cruz and the other candidates could avail themselves of the same protections if they so chose, or felt the need.

Frankly, I find the hundreds of millions we pay for presidential vacations, along with their entourages, much more of an outrage, regardless of party. We claim we are not a monarchy, and then treat our top politician like a king.

12-Feb-16
Joshuaf, Carson is NOT in it to sell books! I didn't call you on it earlier when you said the same thing, but it is a totally irresponsible statement on your part. Carson WAS recruited from the grassroots by thousands of evangelicals across the nation.

He is not currently a contender due to several factors - principally that it became evident that he is not up to the job. That is not a reflection on his personal character, but just a true statement. He is in over his head.

Many overlooked his statement at the time, but going to Puerto Rico and promising them statehood exactly coincided with the start of his slide. I think there were a couple of other statements about that time that also were evidence that his positions were not matured to the point of giving confidence that his great personal character would transfer to being a great CIC.

• Sitka Gear