Sixby 14-Feb-16
Woods Walker 14-Feb-16
bad karma 14-Feb-16
Rocky 14-Feb-16
Shuteye 14-Feb-16
Glunt@work 14-Feb-16
Woods Walker 14-Feb-16
13-Feb-16
Not sure if it's the EPA IRS unions or just poor management, But the workers took it in the ars. And they gave quality control as a reason for moving.

13-Feb-16
part of the strategy to destroy America is to drive down our wages to third world levels and hence kill revenue to our federal budget that funds the department of defense i just decided.

13-Feb-16
"And they gave quality control as a reason for moving"

Wow. I remember years ago when I worked for a wholesale electrical supplier GE was one of our customers. Much of their TV production had been moved to Mexico. Each time a load of TV's were shipped back up here they would run a quality test. They had an 80% failure rate the engineers told us, but GE claimed it was still more cost effective to build them in Mexico.

14-Feb-16
The One World order has to have economic pariety in order to have a one world monetary system. The only direction the USA can go is down. The One World ethos is terrible for America who has always had a superior life style. (Until now)

God bless, Steve

14-Feb-16
How about this...why not get the government OUT of the way of business, and instead create an environment where business WANTS to stay here?

A business exists for one reason and one reason only...to make money for it's investors, period. If it can't do that here then they will go somewhere where they can. If I invested my money in a company I would expect nothing less than that.

If you want to blame anyone for Carrier leaving then blame the government because they are at the root of it. Whatever the government get's involved in they **** up, and **** up royally. That's one of the few things they're good at.

14-Feb-16
Why shouldn't Carrier move to Mexico?

This is a consequence of onerous tax and regulatory laws. Just think: in Mexico, they are not subject to Obamacare, for one.

This is what businesses do when governments are stupidly regarding them as a permanent source of unlimited income.

I don't blame Carrier one bit. Blame the feds.

14-Feb-16
No. Don't blame Carrier one bit or Ford or GM. Let them all leave, manufacturing, textiles and machinery as we have and just sit here and celebrate the Republicans taking over both houses.

When their products return to this nation they should be hit hard with a tariff that would make them second think their decision to leave.

Let them sell their air conditioners and cars in Mexico.

See how fast they will be back more than happy to return to their original profit margin with American workers back on the assembly line.

The Rock

14-Feb-16
Carrier made millions off the company I used to work for. They were tops in the business. I don't really want to talk about air conditioning since it was 8 degrees this morning with 30 MPH wind.

14-Feb-16
Businesses should do what's best for their business. If we want businesses to stay in America, we should work on making staying here their best choice. You can do that through penalizing them for leaving or by creating a more favorable business climate here. A business staying here and operating with less regulatory burden beats a business disappearing. Less regulations also mean less government spending and more freedom.

I run a small business and the cost and time involved with dealing with federal, state, county and municipal regulations is big. Many folks don't realize that in the end, the consumer pays for it all one way or another.

14-Feb-16
*****!!!!!..."I run a small business and the cost and time involved with dealing with federal, state, county and municipal regulations is big. Many folks don't realize that in the end, the consumer pays for it all one way or another.....!!!!!*****

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO!!!!

I get a kick out of hearing people talk about taxes that businesses pay. BUSINESSES DON'T "PAY" ANY TAXES!!! The end consumer pays them...ALL of them!

Taxes, like wages, fuel, rent, etc. are a cost of doing business and are therefore part of the sale price of whatever good or service the business is providing. Unlike the end consumer, a business does NOT have to "do without" in order to pay it's taxes. If the government raises a business tax by 5% it simply is reflected in the sale price. If a private individual is hit with an extra 5% in taxes that individual may well have to cut spending on something else in order to pay it because they have no one to pass it on to.

• Sitka Gear