gadan 03-May-16
gadan 03-May-16
HA/KS 03-May-16
Anony Mouse 03-May-16
TD 03-May-16
19-Apr-16

Shuteye's Link

19-Apr-16
If we nominate Trump, the GOP will absolutely be committing suicide.

19-Apr-16
Yes. I believe the GOP will commit suicide and will never nominate Trump.

19-Apr-16
I hope josahuf is correct. The GOP is a antiquated "will never compete" again Corporation.

America has moved and everyone seems to have received that memo except the GOP...and of course some here. Live life in the past and life will pass you by. ;-)

The Rock

19-Apr-16
Trump/Cruz and we can't lose.

19-Apr-16
When a person can win by delegates only (I know, the rules!) and populist vote be damned....Yes!

19-Apr-16
"Trump/Cruz and we can't lose."

Jim, step away from the mind-altering drugs. That is never going to happen

19-Apr-16
Ike, how did you like living under President Al Gore? Oh wait, he lost, because GW won the Electoral college. Like is supposed to happen.

19-Apr-16
The Cruz campaign has worked tirelessly, and quite successfully, to ensure that as many delegates as possible are Cruz supporters, even if they are pledged to vote for Trump on the convention's first ballot, which presumably would be inconclusive. In subsequent rounds of voting, those delegates would be free to switch to the Cruz side -- and ultimately give him the nomination.

To pull this off, however, Cruz would need the support, or at least the acquiescence, of party insiders -- who dislike Cruz almost as much as Trump. Many leading Republicans believe, in fact, that Cruz, with his hard-right views, would be an even surer loser in November than the unpredictable Trump, who is unburdened by philosophy.

19-Apr-16
"To pull this off, however, Cruz would need the support, or at least the acquiescence, of party insiders -- who dislike Cruz almost as much as Trump."

You been talking to Spike Bull again? The GOP Establishment's desired outcome was Bush or Rubio as nominee. Ted Cruz was near the bottom of their list. Cruz has gotten to this point on the strength of his message, his record, and his organizational preparedness. If he gets the nomination, it will be because of those things as well. The GOP Establishment does not have the power in this process that you impute to them.

"Many leading Republicans believe, in fact, that Cruz, with his hard-right views, would be an even surer loser in November than the unpredictable Trump, who is unburdened by philosophy."

Can you name even 2 people who EVERYone would acknowledge are "leading" Republicans, who believe this? Much less "many"?

19-Apr-16
"If we nominate Trump, the GOP will absolutely be committing suicide."

Maybe not. Hillary ain't no saint.

Joshuaf, I've read a lot of your posts over the past few months. I don't believe you like Trump much. :)

No hard feelings ole boy, but I hope you have to eat a crow the size of a Brown bear! LOL!

19-Apr-16

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
For Josh, I know how dare people out there think differently than you...LMAO

Josh After a while it's clear you're only in it to argue, it's all you got...

19-Apr-16
Ike:

1) Where are the names of those "leading" Republicans?

2) Are you seriously quoting Ultra-Lib Washington Post reporter Eugene Robinson as someone you think we should pay any attention to? Seriously? Lol.

19-Apr-16
"Ike, how did you like living under President Al Gore? Oh wait, he lost, because GW won the Electoral college. Like is supposed to happen."

One of a plethora of reasons you are heavily discounted in your views and beliefs. The Cruzheads themselves I would imagine privately wince at your comments. Then again I may be hearing ovations...

The Rock

19-Apr-16
The GOP killed themselves years ago. The GOP/Republicans had the means to battle the democrats for years but did nothing,they've enabled Obama to systematically destroy what was once the greatest country ever. Why do they deserve to get our vote?

19-Apr-16
^^^

Exactly....

19-Apr-16
Idacurt nailed it.

19-Apr-16
idacurt X3

The first death gasp was Romney collapsing like a tent in a tornado with the Benghazi question in the debate.

Then the spasms continued as the Republican "leadership" did anything BUT "lead". More like whimper and beg. And the death throes continued as recently as December when the GOP "majority" in the House voted to fund ALL of Obama's bullsh&t for the next year.

And now they are playing a shell game by disenfranchising the Republicans that made the effort to vote in the primaries.

Suicide indeed. Good riddance.

19-Apr-16

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

19-Apr-16
"The GOP/Republicans had the means to battle the democrats for years but did nothing"

So in their anger... they run to and support... a liberal NYC democrat??? In what world does any of that make sense?

19-Apr-16
Oh come on now slade, even at his WORST Cruz isn't even in the same league with The Sh*t Stain and Hellary. To use Obama's terminology...."he's a JV team".

Obama's very existance is a lie, and Hellary can look the grieving parents of a dead American straight in the eye over over their son's corpse (and no Obama, I'm NOT refering to Marines) and blatantly lie right to them without compunction.

Now THAT's lying!!!!

20-Apr-16
"Trump/Cruz and we can't lose."

This ^^^^^

20-Apr-16
"So in their anger... they run to and support... a liberal NYC democrat??? In what world does any of that make sense?"

It makes sense in a world where many so-called "republican" voters aren't nearly as concerned about maintaining Constitutional integrity as you might have thought.

20-Apr-16
Haha, you can't make this stuff up. I'm not sure what's more Ironic here: that he was called as a Democrat witness, or that he was called as an "expert". As if....

23-Apr-16

Anony Mouse's Link

23-Apr-16
Very telling link Mr. Mouse.

23-Apr-16
Funny how some say it isn't so, but these stories keep coming out....

25-Apr-16

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

25-Apr-16

Anony Mouse's Link
From AOS...article title:

Virginia Democrat Governor Terry McAulliffe: Republicans Need to Stop Complaining That I Gave Felons the Right to Vote Back and Go Out There and Earn the Felon Vote, Like Democrats Do

25-Apr-16
I think 38 states allow felons to vote after they do their time. Since most felons are black that helps the democrats.

25-Apr-16
"That I Gave Felons the Right to Vote Back and Go Out There and Earn the Felon Vote, Like Democrats Do"

This is easier for dems to do. Hillary can relate to them;)

26-Apr-16

RUSH LIMBAUGH: If Cruz Plan Succeeds and He Wins on Second Ballot, It’s the “End of the Republican Party”

RUSH: Now, I’ll tell you something else. There’s one little other thing to add here. Let’s say — just pretend here that all of these efforts that Ted Cruz is making to win on a second or third ballot, let’s skip forward and say that it happened, all right? Whew. First ballot, nobody gets 1,237. Go to second ballot, and all of this work that Cruz has done in securing delegates in his favor gives him 1,245 delegates on the second ballot. I don’t think anybody understands the blowback that would happen from the Trumpsters.

If that ever happens, we are gonna see a nuclear explosion like you’ve never seen before. Because if they think what’s happened now is cheating and rigging the game, with Trump leading everything and nobody even close to him throughout the entire primary process — and nobody gets closer than 300 delegates, and then somehow on the first ballot he doesn’t get to 1,237, maybe he gets to 1,150 — and they don’t let him have it, and they go to the second ballot and all this work that Cruz has done produces 1,250 and he wins it on the second ballot?

Holy smokes! The blowback that will happen then, the backlash? That will be the end of the Republican Party. There are results. There is… I mean, there are consequences to all this. I’m not speaking about any of this in a vacuum, folks. All of it has consequences. That…? Whew! I shudder to think. That would end up being one of the most dramatic political conventions ever to be on TV. It might make the Watts and Rodney Riots look like Romper Room when it was all over, if something like that actually happened. But that is all Cruz can do.

That’s the only chance he’s got.

26-Apr-16

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

26-Apr-16
So even Rush thinks that what has happened so far is being seen as cheating and rigging the game? He is finished, who will listen to him now.

26-Apr-16
"So even Rush thinks that what has happened so far is being seen as cheating and rigging the game?"

No. In fact, he's taken Trump and the Trumpies to task pretty hard recently for trying to advance that false narrative. Bigly.

He just understands what a mob the Trumpies are, and we have plenty of examples of how they would react if Trump doesn't get the nomination. For any reason.

26-Apr-16

26-Apr-16
Spike, I don't know if you spend any time on twitter at all or not, but I can assure you that a lot of the Trumpies on there are very threatening. Seriously, not joking.

26-Apr-16

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo
All the places where Trump supporters have been charged for beating people of color up....

26-Apr-16
Show the list of Trump supporters and the charges filed against them Glie...

26-Apr-16
So, not for nothing, but the Virginia Governor who just signed an executive order giving back 200,000 felons their right to vote...Yeah, Trump donated $25,000 to him. And some of you may not remember that the VA Governor was a Clinton HACK through and through. Very shady history with the Clinton's. Trump donated to him. He got elected VA Governor. He re-instates voting rights to Virginia Felons to help put Hillary over the top there. The wheels on the bus go round and round....

26-Apr-16

slade's Link
Not surprised how low a disenfranchised butt-hurt paulbot turned Ala-Cruz-Tard will Go.

www.liberalamerica.org

About Liberal America Liberal America is the only place on the web that is devoted solely to all things liberal. We’re not just news and politics. If it interests liberals, we write about it.

This Interactive ‘Trump Hate Map’ Shows Just How Dangerous He Is

26-Apr-16
This sounds like fun....

26-Apr-16
"This Interactive ‘Trump Hate Map’ Shows Just How Dangerous He Is"

There is now a near 70% Trump hate in the country. Maps even exist because of the hate, people are energized, organized to see him fail they hate him so.

And somehow you think this is a sign they are afraid of him???

Un

Real

They're right. You just can't make this stuff up....

26-Apr-16
TD, Maybe Cruz should try and have more people hate him, he might go up in the polls then?

26-Apr-16
70% hate Trump, really ? Please share.

26-Apr-16
"...Maybe Cruz should try and have more people hate him..."

After I thought about that, I concluded it probably isn't possible.

Can anyone see the humor in that?

26-Apr-16
"Trump hate in the country. Maps even exist because of the hate, people are energized, organized to see him fail they hate him so."

Well that's weird...Things that make you go hmmmm!

While Republican frontrunner Donald Trump still needs more than 300 delegates to reach 1,237 — the magic number needed to secure the GOP presidential nomination — he has finally reached a key milestone in his bid for the White House: support from half of the country’s likely Republican voters.

According to a new NBC News/SurveyMonkey national tracking poll released Tuesday, 50 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say they support the real estate mogul’s candidacy, compared to the 26 percent who support Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and the 17 percent who are backing Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

26-Apr-16
Spike, I think you have your head in the sand on this topic. Trumpies have been threatening delegates in multiple states. I'm talking very thinly veiled Death Threats. Can you show me where the supporters of any other candidate have been doing that?

Trump henchman said the campaign would make public the hotels and room numbers of RNC delegates so Trump supporters can go have a "discussion" with them about their vote. Can you point to where one of the operatives of another campaign has done that?

26-Apr-16

Anony Mouse's Link

26-Apr-16
A 20 year-old Waterbury man was arrested on Saturday after threatening to bomb the Trump campaign event on Twitter.

Sean Taylor Morkys warned friends and family to leave the event so they would not be harmed.

26-Apr-16
The #NeverTrumpers Are Harassing Governor Mike Pence for Not Endorsing Ted Cruz

The #NeverTrumpers have aggressively pressured conservatives into publicly supporting Senator Ted Cruz — Or at least not supporting someone else. They’ve even sought to “blacklist” those who don’t.

26-Apr-16
"Will"??

Hell...the corpse is already cold.

26-Apr-16

27-Apr-16

27-Apr-16
HEY! That look like Romney in that last debate!

The corpse is not only cold, it has 4 years of decay too!

27-Apr-16
AWFUL! Unhinged #NeverTrump Thugs Pepper Spray Little Children at Trump Rally

27-Apr-16

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

27-Apr-16
"Republi-CAN'T".....how fitting!!!

27-Apr-16
Cheering the demise of the republican party and ignoring the demise of America. I see it as very short-sighted (to be kind).

27-Apr-16

27-Apr-16
"Pretty strong accusations josh. Any proof or just more tin foil hat stuff?"

You ought to read some news occasionally instead of getting all your news from Bowsite and from Trump.

27-Apr-16
joshauf,

"You ought to read some news":...and what could ever inspire you to decipher this information to be so dedicated that forms your fanatical beliefs?

You are proclaiming everything you have posted was referenced material that you "chose" to believe, not necessarily the truth. Come on joshauf.

The Rock

27-Apr-16
Josh, Please provide some links then so he can read your news.

27-Apr-16

27-Apr-16

slade's Link
""Cheering the demise of the republican party and ignoring the demise of America.""

This Republican Party...

28-Apr-16
I think the GOP has already committed suicide, that's why o was elected twice. But Republicans voters are fixing to win the next election, despite the stench of the rotting corpse of the GOP.

28-Apr-16
Paul Ryan’s Friends Know He Can’t Hack Competition in Political Marketplace, Says Wisconsin Challenger

(Delavan, WI) – “Isn’t it revealing that Paul Ryan—a politician who’s long said he’s for free markets—allows his establishment friends in the Wisconsin GOP to protect him from competition in the political marketplace?” noted Paul Nehlen this afternoon in regard to the 18-year establishment incumbent he’s challenging in Wisconsin’s 1st Congressional District.

“The Republican Party of Wisconsin (RPW) recently barred my campaign from having a table at its state convention in May, where Paul Ryan will be delivering a keynote address. My campaign committee, Volunteers for Nehlen, was perfectly willing to pay the $400 table fee RPW asked for convention weekend. Apparently, though, the idea of a challenger to Paul Ryan was so threatening to his RPW buddies that they turned us down flat.

“The RPW’s refusal to let us purchase a table is just more evidence that the corrupt, establishment GOP that Paul Ryan now leads is no longer about freedom of choice at all. Instead, Paul Ryan’s GOP is about limiting and dictating choices—in markets, in elections, in how you live your life. For all his fine speeches about the rights of the individual, free markets and unity, Emperor Ryan is wearing no clothes.

“My team and I actually chuckled over RPW’s response. Competition only threatens you if you don’t have what it takes—if you know you can’t stand up to the scrutiny of a comparison. That’s the position Paul Ryan is in. His rhetoric no longer matches his actions. He’s failing the citizens of his district and the people of the United States. Folks want an alternative. We’re going to ensure that they have one.”

28-Apr-16
Woods,

Bingo on all of your counts. Dead and thankfully gone as Spike also proclaims.

slade,

You have effectively moved into serious contention with 'mouse' for political cartooning. ;-)

The Rock

29-Apr-16
Naw, Mouse is the master and knows a ton more tricks.

29-Apr-16
"Cheering the demise of the republican party and ignoring the demise of America. I see it as very short-sighted (to be kind)."

Who's ignoring the demise of America? That's about all we've talked about here for the past 8 years. Much of the GOP is PART of that assault, if not directly then most definitely as willing accomplices. You don't see that? Cruz certainly does.

If the GOP can't get it's head out of it's keister and start doing WHAT THEIR VOTERS elected them to do, then their demise is by their own hand.

29-Apr-16
Trump or Cruz.

To paraphrase the real opposition, "At this point, what difference does it make anyway when the alternative is Clinton?"

29-Apr-16
I like the top one Mouse....

29-Apr-16
From Ace of Spades today:

Mike Pence's Terrible Nondorsement Of Ted Cruz —Ace

I think Allah's right here -- including about the Establishment types who will pretend-endorse Cruz to satisfy their conservative voters, but doing so so weakly they usher Trump into the nomination.

Meanwhile, Byron York says GOP bigwigs -- i.e., the establishment Trump is allegedly fighting, and Cruz is allegedly part of -- are making peace with the idea of the disaster candidate Trump.

I've heard a lot of RINOs openly talking about Trump being preferable, because his catastrophic loss will teach these Tea Partiers and uppity conservatives that they had better listen to the Cool Reason of John Boehner and Mitch McConnell in the future.

So we have not one but two wings of this party looking to teach the other a Lesson that will echo in the decades to come.

Both want the other destroyed completely so that they might rule alone.

It will end in tears. And Hillary. But mostly Hillary. And also, tears.

Reality, my friends, reality.

29-Apr-16
From Rubio....

“I do think it's valid to argue to delegates: 'Look, let’s not divide the party. You have someone here who has all these votes, very close to get 1,237, let’s not ignore the will of the people or they’re going to be angry.' And delegates may decide that on that reason they decide to vote for Donald Trump. But if they don’t, it’s not illegitimate in any way,” he told Miami radio host Jimmy Cefalo on April 20. "That's why we elect delegates. That's the meaning of being a delegate, is choosing a nominee that can win."

30-Apr-16
"....let’s not ignore the will of the people or they’re going to be angry."

Even for them this is a no-brainer. So what they'll do is what they always do.....LIE THEIR A&&ES OFF!

But what cannot be denied is that there's a rage...a DEEP rage...amongst people who have had enough. Trump has tapped into this rage, but I sincerely believe that if he does the same bullsh*t if he's elected(and he may very well), then HE will be the target of that same rage, and he will have earned it.

30-Apr-16
"Even for them this is a no-brainer."

Make sure you read Rubio's entire quote. It doesn't end after the part you highlighted.

30-Apr-16
Boehner Ally Plans to Spend $1 Million to Torpedo Conservative Rep. Bridenstine

by MJA • April 30, 2016 • 6 Comments

RestoringLiberty: Earlier today, John Boehner revealed what’s on his mind and the minds of the entire Chamber of Commerce/K Street/Fox News axis who are committed to the cause of #NeverCruz.

They will target anyone who adheres to the Republican platform and upholds their campaigns promise to those who elected them. The same players who detest Ted Cruz have now recruited a straw man RINO to run against Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-OK), one of the most intrepid conservatives in the House of Representatives.

Jim Bridenstine is running for his third and final term to represent Oklahoma’s First Congressional District, as he has pledged to serve no longer than six years. But the Boehner, K Street-types cannot afford even one more term of a man who listens to the people of Tulsa instead of the special interests. Tom Atkinson, a wealthy owner of an oil company, has been recruited to run against Jim and has publicly promised to spend up to $1 million in this very cheap media market. more

02-May-16
New Hampshire GOP cancels vote on blocking Trump allies from convention posts By SHANE GOLDMACHER 05/02/16 01:39 PM EDT The New Hampshire Republican Party, under pressure from Donald Trump’s supporters, has canceled a controversial planned vote on a slate of delegate committee assignments that would have left Trump’s supporters off all the influential committees at the national convention in July.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/twelve-thirty-seven/2016/05/new-hampshire-trump-delegate-block-convention-222703#ixzz47XQ3UjA9 Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

03-May-16
I don't see it as suicide as much as cancer. trump is like a cancer that came into the party, the party failed to fight it early on and it is slowly sucking the life out, taking control, and shutting down any hope of recovery.

03-May-16

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
Back to Videos Hannity: George Will Wants "Rebellious" Trump and Cruz To Lose To Hillary Clinton As "Punishment" For Defying Establishment

03-May-16
I am and have been a consistent Cruz supporter.

I resent the name calling and mud slinging at me and the same that is directed at those supporting Trump.

This is a Republican primary where we select a candidate to go against a liberal Democrat.

If Trump wins the nomination, I will support him; and if he wins I will do my best to hold his feet to the fire. I believe he wants what's best for America even though I believe my guy would do an infinitely better job at accomplishing that goal.

Fight for your guy, and whoever comes out on top, support! Stop railroading each other. This is worse than 3rd graders at recess.

No matter how much one side rails against the other, no-one is changing any minds, so GIVE IT A BREAK already!

The more one belittles the other side, the more entrenched they become.....can't anyone see this?

03-May-16
Oh, and one more thing.

Forming a 3rd party is nonsense!

03-May-16
gadan for president! Seriously!

03-May-16
"This is a Republican primary "

I only wish!

03-May-16
Dan 100% agree.

03-May-16
Do you know what it is you are asking people to rally behind?

"Will the GOP commit suicide?"

Yes. They have voted so.

• Sitka Gear