Bou'bound 25-Apr-16
gflight 25-Apr-16
Rupe 26-Apr-16
Anony Mouse 29-Apr-16
21-Apr-16

Norseman's Link
the really talented ones seem to die young. RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

fast forward to 3:25 Played with a lot of soul!

21-Apr-16
Whoa, no way! RIP

21-Apr-16
...and Vanity last month

21-Apr-16
I remember in a Superbowl pregame show.... they were talking about the best halftime shows ever.

The winner was Prince, singing purple rain.... and exactly the same time he went hard into the chorus... the sky opened up and started raining.... they said it was pretty eerie....

Saw him at a concert here on Maui a few years ago. "Don't hate me because I'm fabulous...." was one of his lines... LOL! Really good show, a real entertainer.

RIP. 57, wow. Pretty young.

21-Apr-16
The dude could play guitar...

21-Apr-16
He not only played guitar, he could play any instrument in the band and even did an album where he played all the instruments. He was a fantastic musician and never moved to Hollywood. He stayed in his hometown and was really very well liked.

21-Apr-16
My archery range is close to Paisley park. Drove by the other night and the purple lights were shining. Rest in peace.

21-Apr-16
Defined my high school years in the 80's. My best memory? Making out with Jen O in the back seat of my car in her driveway while Purple Rain cassette played.

21-Apr-16
He was truly special and a real pro...and business smart as well as being just a nice person it seemed by all accounts. That video Norsman from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction a couple years back is one of my favorites... To see Petty, et al legends playing along with Harrison's son and then Prince strolls out center stage. What was classic performance Rock and Roll, the music business and all the fans lost a great one ...R.I.P.

21-Apr-16

PSEBow's Link
Wait till the end when Prince shreds!

21-Apr-16
I read where he was really generous with helping out local charities.

21-Apr-16
Prince couldn't read or write music. I heard today on the radio from a guy that worked with him in the 80's, he would wake the band and recording studio up in the middle of the night after he has a dream about a song. Lay down the drum track himself, and many of the other instruments using a keyboard, plus the guitar himself. Often in one take.

My cousin went to the same high school as Prince. They didn't run in the same crowd, but my cousin said he was a little strange. LOL

21-Apr-16

JD's embedded Photo
JD's embedded Photo
MN DOT lit up the new I-35 Bridge tonight in his honor....

22-Apr-16
The first thing the paramedics did was give him Naloxone and CPR. Sounds like a drug overdose but it will be a couple of weeks before we know for sure. Why talented people take drugs is beyond me. It kills a bunch of them.

22-Apr-16
Sorry the man died...no disrespect to him, but I never was a fan. Apparently he was big medicine to many as the news channels have got nothing else on but him.

22-Apr-16
I heard on the radio today that he was a conservative and against gay marriage. Wouldn't have believe it.

22-Apr-16
Something popped up on my phone today that read...Eric Clapton was asked about how it felt to be the World's Best Guitarist. His Response: "I don't know. Ask Prince".

Quite a compliment if you ask me! Incredibly talented musician and performer who left quite a mark on Pop Culture. He will be missed by many.

22-Apr-16
I was never a fan, but there is no denying he was one of the greatest musicians/song writers/producers.

23-Apr-16
Never paid much attention, We were raising our kids in the eighties, to busy. By the time they were older, music became more or less a background distraction for me. If I have a radio on, it's the oldies station. He had some good tunes but always seemed flaky to me. Another rock star guy who dressed like a girl. To bad he died like that, if it's drugs.

24-Apr-16

Butternut40's embedded Photo
Butternut40's embedded Photo
The Mrs wanted to go see Paisley Park. Unbelievable amount of people and items left on the fence.

25-Apr-16
this was bound to happen...............

25-Apr-16
I was on KP in Harmony Church, Ft. Benning when Doves Cry was popular on radio. Only time we heard music pretty much.

My wife has been whining all week about me humming it.....8^)

26-Apr-16
RIP Prince

29-Apr-16

Anony Mouse's Link
Poor estate planning will give the government more than half of Prince's estate...

• Sitka Gear