Rocky 30-Apr-16
Rocky 30-Apr-16
Rocky 30-Apr-16
Jim Moore 01-May-16
Bowbender 01-May-16
Kathi 01-May-16
27-Apr-16

Jimbo's Link
The night before Donald Trump shows up in Indiana with legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight by his side, Ted Cruz called the basketball hoop in one of the Hoosier state's most famous b-ball venues a "ring." The next thing you know, he'll be heading to a baseball emerald to take in a game.

What a dolt!

27-Apr-16
At least he didnt call it precious!

27-Apr-16
Happens to everyone....

"Trump told a New York crowd, “… I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down at 7/11 …” Actually, he was referring to the terrorist attacks of 9/11. A lot of people took a big gulp that day, but it had nothing to do with a convenience store."

27-Apr-16
So, someone that does not know anything, nor care anything about basketball is a dolt?

Get real.

27-Apr-16
Trump thinks Bernie Sanders should run as an independent. What a great idea.

27-Apr-16
Jimbo, He did not play sports in high school because he had more important things to do which are paying off big now. For instance, he memorized the Constitution;)

27-Apr-16
If bernie ran Trump wins guaranteed!

27-Apr-16
Cruz goes to Indiana... the night before Trump is about to show up with Bobby Knight in tow... Cruz rents the gym used for filming part of the basketball movie, Hoosiers for a campaign rally... as part of the rally, Cruz re-creates the movie scene where they measure the height of the hoop... and then Cruz calls it a "ring."

BWAHAHAHA!

*ahem*

BWAHAHAHA

bk, Cruz attempted to act out a scripted basketball-themed campaign stunt and totally screwed it up by using the wrong term for the one piece of equipment being focused on. I agree he doesn't "know" anything about basketball... he proved that last night. But, he must "care" about basketball... because he's the one who tried (and failed) the basketball stunt. Perhaps you should "get real." LOL

Ummm... yep, he's a dolt. And smarmy. And a phony. And an a-hole. And a loser.

27-Apr-16
Cruz fans are more concerned with counting Corinthians

27-Apr-16
"Ummm... yep, he's a dolt. And smarmy. And a phony. And an a-hole. And a loser."

And his credentials and accomplishments are head and shoulders above yours.

So what does that make you?

27-Apr-16
"Cruz fans are more concerned with counting Corinthians"

Whats counting corinthans?

27-Apr-16
Cruz should try a new approach like, "Make America Great Again." The critics say just because the conservatives voted for Trump they aren't real conservatives because these are liberal states. Well he got over 50% of the women's votes. Now I suppose the women in these liberal states aren't real women?

27-Apr-16

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo

27-Apr-16
corinthian leather used to be in the chrysler k cars didn't it.

27-Apr-16
Dave G,

" And his credentials and accomplishments are head and shoulders above yours".

How could you possibly know the accomplishments and credentials of others?

We each hold are own respective occupations. I believe our company have easily outstripped Ted Cruz in so far as credentials and accomplishments, as well as many others here may feel, especially his latest endeavors.

Speaking for yourself I may well understand.

The Rock

27-Apr-16
Awww, Dave G., you went and hurt my feelings.

LOL

27-Apr-16
"Speaking for yourself I may well understand"

No you don't. And don't come on as pretentious as to think you may understand. You defending someone who uses the derogatory terms that Jimbo used speaks volumes.

And Jimbo, I could give a rat's butt about your feelings. You using terms such as dolt, phony, a-hole, and loser describing someone who has accomplishments that indicate the contrary may make you feel superior, but you may really want to rethink that.

27-Apr-16
LOL... Dave G., at least we're on a level playing field. Being criticized by the likes of you also has zero impact on me or my life.

If my comments about a smarmy, phony a-hole politician you revere bothers you... it's a byproduct of American politics you'll have to learn to deal with more effectively than you do now.

:o)

27-Apr-16
"If my comments about a smarmy, phony a-hole politician you revere..."

Thanks for emphasizing my point.

You can't show one shred of evidence from ANY thread on this site that I even advocated Cruz let alone "revered" him.

Just more of your unfounded drivel.

27-Apr-16
Kevin,

I like to talk about political positions, and also if the person eschewing them has a chance of making it happen. That's really the difference that I see in our debates against each other.

Right message, wrong messenger. I'm sticking with it;)

27-Apr-16
Good to know you are not a Cruz fan, Dave.

27-Apr-16
I grew up in Texas and we all called it a basketball ring. Must be a Texas thing.

27-Apr-16
Dave,

Understand the frustration with name calling, so please do not take this offensively.

Bernie Madoff, Adolf Hitler are persons that "accomplished" a lot more in life than I have. I hope most would see them as losers compared to me.

And no, my point is not to compare Cruz to Hitler. There are people who still admire Hitler even though 99.999% of us hope he is rotting somewhere hot.

My point is we can have negative opinions of people who are more accomplished than ourselves, IMHO. I used the names above because everyone recognizes them. The people that have accomplished more than me in my personal life who cheat on their wives and taxes etc.. you would not know.

One other burr under my saddle. When myself or another non-Cruz supporter use a derogatory term, we are quickly chastised for it. But I rarely ever see the same folks chastise cruz for calling a colleague a liar. Sure, cruz may feel it was the truth, just as some people feel cruz is a....whatever, is the truth.

27-Apr-16
"Good to know you are not a Cruz fan, Dave."

Careful there Jimbo...I didn't say that either. To be honest, I'm not a fan of any politician, either an elected type, or a person who tries to act like one, no matter what their profession or vocation.

I believe in looking someone straight in the eye and telling them EXACTLY how I feel about them or their opinion, and then letting the chips fall where they may. I feel I can't expect the same from politicians and folks who act like one.

And while I don't trust them, I won't disparage them with derogatory adjectives that don't necessarily fit their achievements or abilities.

H4W,

No offense taken and thanks for your reply. I believe I understand what your saying, and agree to a large extent. As you indicated, much of this is based on frustration, and nothing more. (at least as far as my views expressed previously goes.)

27-Apr-16
Pig Doc,

If your inquiry was directed at me, what gave you the impression I was for no one?

27-Apr-16
I don't care what he calls venues where grown men make zillions of dollars playing a kid's game. I also don't care for that matter how someone looks while they're eating pizza.

What I care about is that they know, understand and DEFEND what the Constitution says. I care that they are not anti-2A in any way, shape or form, and that they are committed to eliminating Obamacare.

27-Apr-16
Everyone who has essentially everything they say recorded will have an occasional brain fart. See "57 states" or "ring" or "7-11."

If you're getting uptight about stuff like this, please have the term "dolt" tattooed on your forehead to make it easier for others.

27-Apr-16
And, there's a fellow who posts here who is called "glie" by another. Gflight can be stubborn, but dishonest? No, I don't think so.

27-Apr-16
bk,

The 57 states is probably what they taught in IL, it wasn't a brain fart:)

I agree with your post, I have them in class, at least once a semester.

27-Apr-16
And don't forget Obama's Marine "CORPSE"!

I'm sorry, but brain fart or not, THAT is inexcusable, especially for the fricken' COMMANDER IN CHIEF!

27-Apr-16
Dave G,

"You can't show one shred of evidence from ANY thread on this site that I even advocated Cruz let alone "revered" him"...your quote....

..and your response to Jimbo.....

..."And his credentials (Ted Cruz) and accomplishments are head and shoulders above yours".

Bye bye Dave, relax and recover in your sojourn at "Trembling Heights". ;-)

The Rock

27-Apr-16
Basketball knowledge seems to be an important qualification for President.

I understand Obama knows a great deal about basketball. Must be a good thing then..... very important for success...

27-Apr-16
Knowledge, replete with deceit.

The Rock

27-Apr-16
I have consistently, for many years, given folks a pass for comments like the one Cruz made. But when you're drinking the Kool-Aid, you make comments like your last post.

It is sign that your head is firmly wedged up near your intestines that you proclaim that if one supports a candidate who gets fewer votes than Trump, he must not be smart.

That must be how you got your PhD, just voted for Hoover or something when you did your orals.

27-Apr-16
bk,

Steer clear of intelligence gathering. Not your strong suit. Believe me.

The Rock

27-Apr-16
Crock, you are not credible on this or any other issue. Believe me.

27-Apr-16
I'm gettin' the popcorn going for this one!!!

27-Apr-16
Don't bother, it's over. No coming back from that, it is out there forever.

Pig Doc, all I can say is I have been in the wrong line of work;)

27-Apr-16
bk,

Remember. Only a attorney as I stated many times before. Do not step out of your narrow lane. ;-)

The Rock

28-Apr-16
Rocky,

You interpret a statement comparing one person's credentials and accomplishments with another's as somehow advocating either of the two?????

No wonder most of your posts don't make any sense.

BTW...sounds like you know more about "Trembling Heights" than I.

28-Apr-16
I will admit in advance that I am the ugliest guy here;)

And Doc, I would respect you less if you did sit idly by.

Kevin, I remember Doc's profession, or what it was assumed to be, mocked at one time. The same has been said multiple times about mine. Seems that tactic has become acceptable here at different times or with different people.

28-Apr-16
I would have never believed that it was possible to get a PhD in pig masturbation. Well done Dr Grouch. I'm happy for you.

28-Apr-16
sleepy, Take the time to find out a little about the man. He has few peers here, if any!

28-Apr-16
Excellent Pig Doc. Good work. Well done. UAW rocks.

28-Apr-16
Was not accusing you, just pointing out the culture already established here, and how difficult that is to change.

Now increase that exponentially and that is the task before this great nation.

Appreciate your attempts to help change the culture.

28-Apr-16
Dave,

I would never recommend a institution to a friend that I myself had not personally surveyed. You will be in rock solid hands. ;-)

I find it somewhat interesting that you would respond to my posts that you do not understand, then criticize the content. I shall lay this at the feet of "creative thinking" to those who do not understand. ;-)

Jimbo proclaims in regards to Ted Cruz.."Ummm... yep, he's a dolt. And smarmy. And a phony. And an a-hole. And a loser.

..to which you, you being Dave G to clarify, respond.. "And his credentials ( I perhaps assumed to be Ted Cruz) and accomplishments are head and shoulders above yours"....for a second time. Allow this to sink in.

Now I ask you Dave G would you consider your statement a defense of Ted Cruz and selection over and above in regards to Jimbo?

Connecting the not so obvious dots in your mind, you therefore are a advocate of Ted Cruz, or to soothe your ailing heart, defended him.

BTW....why would you access anyone on this site, knowing neither, and come to such a formal conclusion?

The Rock

28-Apr-16
It's classic. When your azz is handed to you by facts and logic... that's when all ya got left is personal attacks and insults. Grade school bully stuff.

Good job. Can use the insults for cover as you pick up your pieces and leave.....

28-Apr-16
Bully. Bully the bully so WE can be the bully to bully the bully into submission.

Classic. Progressive thinking American style...and we complain about liberal progressive ideals.

Incredible.

The Rock

28-Apr-16
Kyle,

You see. We are all human. ;-)

The Rock

29-Apr-16
I don't mock Doc's profession. I mock his proclaiming others are inferior unless they agree with him.

He earned his PhD. I get that. He didn't earn it because of who he voted for, yet he demeans many others here for not being smart because they are not trump supporters as he is.

Hence, those of you who are looking to misinterpret stuff misinterpret what I wrote because that easily fits in your agenda.

Pig doc is a smart guy. He is technically smart, started a business and made a lot of money. Good for him. That doesn't mean that those who disagree with him, or favor Cruz over Trump are stupid. If I had $1 for every time on bowsite that someone wrote that they are smarter than a Cruz supported because Trump got more votes, I could buy something between a new Hoyt carbon bow and Ford F-350 diesel.

29-Apr-16
Exactly. See: The Obama correlation. He got more votes the last two cycles by far. Therefore by this logic those who voted for him must be flippin' brilliant.... those voters won. And won YUGE. That many people just can't be wrong I'm told...

By this forum that automatically makes them smarter than those who didn't vote Obama. They won. I/we lost. TBVIEC if I recall.

And now the neo-TBVIECians..... I thought the right was semi-immune to that band wagon self delusion that elected Obama. Logic, level headed self control, facts, were a buffer against pack mentality and emotion. But apparently it is a human condition that afflicts both sides.

29-Apr-16
bk & TD,

Doc has not demeaned anyone IMO. He has pointed out hypocrisy, which does flow from both camps. I believe there are a couple of individuals here who are cruz supporters who regularly demean and insult people who express opinions contrary to theirs. Their insults have set the culture here and so all of us get a little trigger sensitive.

Rock has pointed out the group of folks who he calls the CF 'intelligentsia'. Others know exactly what he means. And they don't like being stood up to.

Glad you did your homework:) Doc is more than "technically" smart, he put that intelligence to good use and elicited measurable results few of us are capable of.

I would say his success causes him to despise what he sees as arrogance at times, that being when people try to act like they are better than others when in actuality they are not. I have been accused of it, and my style at times can leave that impression. Something to ponder. Thanks.

29-Apr-16
Rocky,

I'm at a loss as to why you would want to continue to debate whether or not I'm an advocate of Cruz, when actually I was only trying to make the point to Jimbo that calling someone a dolt who obviously is not, or calling someone an a-hole when you don't know them personally only makes the accuser look smaller than the person they are trying to belittle.

You wanting to debate this issue ad nauseam makes me believe you are actually channeling the inner Ted Cruz in you...the love of the debate.

I find it amusing that the inner Ted Cruz in you is actually defending a staunch Trump supporter. Man, the inner conflict must be really disturbing for you.

Me, I'd rather channel the inner Trump in me.

SECURITY! SECURITY! Show this protester the way out. This audience doesn't need to hear from a Cruz clone.

No, No, don't take him down that aisle...use the other one. And don't walk him past that guy with the wrap on his arm that says "the people's elbow" on it. We don't need another incident like last time. :^)

29-Apr-16
Staunch Trump supporter? Dave, are you new to the CF?

As for Cruz being a dolt and an a-hole, I offer the following.

Dolt: Knowing how important the sport of basketball is in Indiana, Cruz staged a campaign event in a storied basketball venue so he could re-create a famous scene from the movie, Hoosiers and relate it to his campaign. There he (Cruz) was... having a campaign staffer use a ladder and a tape measure to re-create the scene and then called the basketball hoop, a "ring." LOL What a friggin' dolt! And, I'm thinking every media outlet in Indiana saw it the same way, since they all did feature stories on it... as did every national media outlet. Think about it, Dave. Everyone in on the stunt did their job - except Cruz. So, yep, he's a dolt! Or, if you prefer I use a different word, how about this... he's an idiot!

A-hole: This one is easy. Just google cruz a-hole. You'll get 2,490,000 results in approximately one-third of a second. I especially enjoy the stories shared by Cruz's college roommate, Craig Mazin. They're laugh-out-loud funny. The bottom line is that Ted Cruz isn't just any old a-hole... he's an a-hole of legendary proportions.

BTW... I voted for Kasich. I've been steadily advocating for an open convention so there is at least a slim chance Kasich will be the nominee. I'm pretty sure that makes me a Kasich supporter. I have never been a Trump supporter. To the contrary, I have repeatedly shared my opinion of Trump as being a bombastic jerk who I will never vote for. So, I'm left to assume you're either new to the CF, haven't been following the election banter in here over the past couple of months, or have poor reading comprehension skills. My guess is you're simply ignorant.

29-Apr-16
... ignorant meaning, "lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular."

29-Apr-16
Jimbo,

You're correct, I'm ignorant of the fact you were a Kasich supporter and I haven't been following the election banter. My apologies.

As far as poor reading skills...that's debatable...but I'll let Rocky handle that department.

As far as new to the CF...ummm...no.

29-Apr-16
KPC, Doc beat me to the post. Many people would rather play with pigs than be an attorney.

KPC,

C'mon, surely you jest. The man gave back what was thrown his way. Only reason some of you are upset is because Doc's throw back was much better!

I like winners.

29-Apr-16
For the record, I also have done civil litigation, and defense work, and work on occasion as a mediator. This is after sixteen years as an electrical engineer. If you wish to talk about jacking off pigs, then I bow to your experience and education, and have nothing to add.

29-Apr-16
Without that experience you usually have nothing to add but attitude. IMHO of course.

I know Kevin, but really, go back and look at the posts for a few months. And then strike up a conversation with Doc.

29-Apr-16
Dave G,

You are correct. What more can I say? Do you accept? ;-)

The Rock

29-Apr-16
Dave G,

You are correct. What more can I say? Do you accept? ;-)

KPC,

...only when the shoe fits or is forced upon a uncomfortable foot by the "all knowing".

The Rock

29-Apr-16
Spike, But you see a conspiracy in everything so your opinion is only half-weighted;)

29-Apr-16
Do you know what y'all sound like? If you were speaking across a table from each other would you conduct yourselves in the same way?

After the elections are over will you still take sides with each other? You can't have a political discussion without tearing each other down?

I've heard many of you say before that Liberals are trash and that they have no morals..so what are you keyboard cowboys doing?

29-Apr-16
kathi,

The overtones of the political lines cast in stone are simply the extension of the undertones that have dominated the CF long before this political carnage.

This bloodshed is not something new. Old men are much like old women. They believe their high school prom dress still fits. ;-)

The Rock

29-Apr-16
Rocky, I'm an old lady and I've been on the Bowsite for 20 years but it seems like people are just getting a bit more rude. Hiding behind a keyboard maybe?

29-Apr-16
This thread is a perfect example of how great the CF really is, started about basketball then morphed into a pig masturbation discussion. Outstanding. This is better than any TV show.

29-Apr-16
KPC... maybe if Pig Doc put a smiley face after what he said nobody could possibly take offense......

29-Apr-16
Sleepy gets it.

29-Apr-16
Kevin,

You lost me again. I did not delete anything I said, I don't believe, other than the one where I recognized myself it was unkind because it flowed from anger.

If that is what you are talking about, I stated it was removed because it was unkind. And if that is it, you are acting superior Kevin. Everyone of us will say things in anger. Admitting it and removing it is what I should have done.

And I would like to know when I have mocked another's profession? Sometimes we do that in jest. Honestly, I do not believe you are balanced in your words towards authors of posts. And lack of balance is what draws some of the commentary and anguish.

29-Apr-16
Ok, thanks. I have tried to reduce the name calling as it is obvious others have as well. You deserve some credit for that.

30-Apr-16
KPC,

Thank you for clarifying that. Now to be fair clarify the entire events that led up to my post to you that so enflamed your sensibilities. Include my PM to you and my apology, my immediate post removal and your indignant response to both. Had we been face to face I would punk slapped you home. I am a "used to be tough guy" that learned plenty from my education but just as much from the streets. Your a punk. Live with it.

My involvement with bk and his profession was none of your business but Kyle and yourself made it so. The "attorney" believed he was reprimanding someone like a child whose background had a 70% acceptance rate as in your case. Little did he or you know. Remember this little gem when I corrected bk on a federal law matter, that the "deadly duo" laughed and mocked me, and that they would put their chips on bk EVERYTIME. A rude awakening, my education, that you could never get past and could ever challenge. Everybody went silent except a few who were suddenly emboldened to post the same when bk finally relented. That did not sit well with the purported "upper crust", that I proved on more than one occasion to be merely burnt toast. Your "clan" was summarily knocked off its perch and till this day struggle with the fact that they have been revealed as intellectual frauds. bk is a half assed lawyer, that is a fact, you are sixth man on the deal team and Kyle knows all about me. So there it is again. You are correct....

...but I am still awaiting payment on the chips.

The Rock

30-Apr-16
Kathi,

...btw... in your friend KPC's response to me to my apology. Would that be a example of "hiding behind the keys"?

The Rock

30-Apr-16
No problem. There are obviously sum undertows here that I am not aware of. FWIW, I really do not like the drama though I do allow myself to be sucked into it too often.

I like to debate and just take things at face value-usually.

30-Apr-16
KPC,

I find your tone and approach to many much more civil and respectful these days.

Sometimes are eyes, including mine own, must be pried wide open before we can see.

What I find "humorous" is the content of your latter post that intersects and dissects your merits to "the calm around which all else storms" which you believe yourself to be the epicenter.

Lest we not forget Kevin, for I will never, the post in which you had made fools of all who responded in trust and belief, save myself, knowing full well and your cruel inner mechanisms were at play. You are transparent and predictable. That single post wreaked of your proud "superiority" that red-faced and angered many here. Your response to that backlash? Your latter post echo's that same sentiment today...."Doesn't hurt me or change my mind one bit".. and, "....when people stick to and defend precisely what the posted, others accuse them of parsing words". Were you parsing words with those who you hurt and embarrassed? That is innate weakness rarely corrected in one life cycle.

We believe we know each other through intermittent engagement from " behind the keyboards" and gravitate in that direction. When I witness someone whose pockets are deep purposely kick the pencil can of a beggar in preference to dropping a coin, I bristle with anger. I bristle further when that same man refuses to retrieve a coin that has fallen from his pocket. I question my own faulty decision to be placed in their presence once again foreknowledge in place.

Many here who KNOW you may like you. I know enough of you to dislike you. The silver spike and mallet I carry will be driven deep the first opportunity I am afforded, and hopefully a particular barrister may be aligned in the pass through.

I would say that to be definitive and not so much as "parsing" words. Other than that you area swell guy. I would hope you discard I all say and take my allegations and convictions as sour grapes. True "intellectuals" may appear not to listen to hardened and sincere reviews of themselves, but they hear and hear loud and clear. That is what keeps them from the abyss. I have the bruises to prove it.

The Rock

30-Apr-16
As I sit in my Turkey blind reading all of this, I realize what a bunch of turkeys we all are;)

Except me of course!

01-May-16
Saw this at 99 posts. Thought I would try to be Mr. 100. :-}

01-May-16
Thanks Kevin.

2 buddies and I are hunting my farm this am. One of them got a jake. It has rained most of the time.

I have had hens around me, but no toms except 300 yards away.

Very cool as well and very little gobbling.

01-May-16
KPC

"Around my area, some birds are call-shy and won't respond. They've heard it all before.

Some strut right in to any noise, all puffed up and fanned out and put on a heck of a show."

Metaphor? If so, not real subtle. :) Hehehehe

01-May-16
Ah...the subtle nuances of some of these postings are so refreshing.

• Sitka Gear