joshuaf 29-Apr-16
tonyo6302 29-Apr-16
TD 29-Apr-16
sureshot 29-Apr-16
gflight 29-Apr-16
joshuaf 29-Apr-16
29-Apr-16

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
MEGYN KELLY: I'm trying to ask you about something that is concerning to your supporters, your supporters, who understand how important Indiana is to your campaign. But the polls are showing that people, some 65% of Republicans, even people who support Ted Cruz, believe the person who enters the convention with the most delegates and the most votes should likely emerge as the nominee, even if it takes -- even if he doesn't have a majority. Right now as I mentioned he has 400 more delegates than you do, he's got 3.2 million more popular votes. He won 27 states, you won 11. So given that, how could you possibly unite this party coming out of a contested convention?

29-Apr-16

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
Just to get it out of the way...Lol

29-Apr-16
Wow, no wonder Mr Personality is also a sore loser-man like Gore.

29-Apr-16
I watched this interview and thought cruz looked really small. No way is he coming back from recent events. He may stop trump, but there is not a chance he ends up with the nomination.

29-Apr-16
The good news is that his desperate moves are bringing his true character into the public view, this will ensure that this will be the last time we have to worry about Ted Cruz running for POTUS.

29-Apr-16
I would hope you are right, but people have short memories. Remember Nixon coming back?

29-Apr-16
Frank, It is also apparent why Cruz avoided the free media exposure Trump sucked up in the beginning of this race, even Ted Cruz knew that the more voters got to know him the less they would like him.

29-Apr-16

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

29-Apr-16
Kevin,

I for one am going on the record, I don't care for her new haircut at all, I will however give her credit for being equally tough on candidates.

29-Apr-16
I thought the point was Trump needed to destroy the Republican party as quoted by some of the Trumpettes.

Doesn't that mean contested convention?

Looks as if the guy that golfs, bribes, and whines and dines the establishment played you all along. Obama lies ain't got nuthin on this guys.

The establishment is warming up to him as we speak.

Cruz had a great chance to run later and totally destroyed it. Desperation is not pretty, a great conservative imploded under reality TV blitz. What a mess this one was, finally since I held my nose for McCain I thought I had a Republican I could vote for.

29-Apr-16
Much as Cruz has held on in desperation, only to crash and burn, so too have his staunchest supporters.

29-Apr-16
At least his staunchest supporters admitted it. So many Trumpettes when faced with the facts would deny him then rush back to him on another thread.

There as wishy washy as he is....

29-Apr-16
Not sure why you think that was a bad interview for Cruz. Megyn even acknowledged he had a totally fair point about how can Trump say he deserves the nomination when he's not winning a majority of the votes and if he doesn't win a majority of the delegates before the Convention?

This is really, really simple. If Trump wins 1,237 delegates before the Convention, he wins the nomination. If he doesn't, he's not guaranteed to win the nomination, nor is he "entitled" to it. To my knowledge, there has never been a Republican nominee for President who got the nomination without winning a majority of the delegates, either before the Convention or at the Convention. Trump loves to yell and holler about how he thinks the rules have been changed and rigged against him, though that's patently false. Why should the rules be changed and rigged FOR him? If you want to argue that you think a Contested Convention will destroy the party, fine, argue that. I happen to believe that a Trump nomination will destroy the party. If we're going to destroy the party, might as well do it while nominating an actual Conservative Republican. But if you think the rules should be CHANGED so that Trump can win the nomination without a majority of the delegates, then lay out your case for why that should happen.

29-Apr-16
I have supported him from the beginning and I have openly admitted it, even when several here claimed he would be done before the first votes were cast. The problem is that most Cruz supporters fail to see the world outside their own narrow window, it's a big world out there that is passing them by. Even as several Trump supporters here explained to the Cruz supporters why we support Trump, the Cruzers argued with us, told us we were supporting him for other reasons, therefore they still fail to understand because they are simply deaf and blind.

29-Apr-16
"told us we were supporting him for other reasons, therefore they still fail to understand because they are simply deaf and blind."

Tell us why you're supporting him.

29-Apr-16
joshuaf, you proclaim to be an intelligent individual, if so,you are more than capable to go back through past threads and read for yourself. BTW, thank you for proving my point that Cruz supporters fail to listen to why people here support Trump.

29-Apr-16
"BTW, thank you for proving my point that Cruz supporters fail to listen to why people here support Trump."

Oh, I've seen people say why they support Trump. What I don't see is why they can't understand they're supporting a make-believe "persona", not a person who actually believes in the things he's selling. Trump is a Snake Oil salesman (this is more true than one realizes, too, if you look back at the history of some of the things he's hawked over the years), he's a Con Man. The Donald Trump who supports certain things in this campaign is as real as Unicorns. The only thing real about Trump in this campaign is that he is in fact a childish, immature, sexist, misogynist, arrogant boor. THAT part of him is real, and while I understand that a lot of his supporters LOVE that part of him, his support for all the issues that he is campaigning on is no more real than the idea that he's actually a Conservative Republican.

29-Apr-16
"supporters fail to see the world outside their own narrow window"

All we have is our perceptions and experiences and that is what we make our judgements from.

My perceptions and experiences lead me to think someone who will support the Constitution will be our best leader.

I have asked and searched for reasons and evidence to convince me otherwise and am found wanting.

Many Trump supporters only have personal attacks and memes to support their guy and are to intellectually lazy to go find credible facts (or there are none) that support their beliefs.

I have considered any information I have come across on this site and otherwise. Some people believe Fairy Tales I rely on facts.

The reason I lost respect for Cruz is that he went against his Character in desperation. That was troubling to me and while its a feeling it is based on fact.

Feeling Gumby will do something when all his life he has not provides no fact. Just Rhetoric....

29-Apr-16
"Oh, I've seen people say why they support Trump. What I don't see is why they can't understand they're supporting a make-believe "persona", not a person who actually believes in the things he's selling."

Good, since you have listened so well, why don't you tell me why it is I support Trump?

29-Apr-16
"Good, since you have listened so well, why don't you tell me why it is I support Trump?"

I haven't committed to memory the specifics of why every Trumpkin on here supposedly supports him. I would assume it is some combination of the mythical ideas that he will build a wall and he will "make America great again". I just don't see any evidence for why you would think he actually believes in the "prescription" for how he would "make America great again". The guy who wants to build a wall and deport all the illegals....brings in illegals to work for him in multiple of his businesses. The guy who wants to force companies to stay and do business in the U.S., has his and his daughter's clothing lines made overseas. Shall I continue?

29-Apr-16
gflight, I respect your opinion. My research of Cruz lead me to the opinion that every decision he has made has been a calculated move to get him here today, it was what's best for Ted Cruz and to hell with anyone else. The same people that have touted Ted Cruz as a savior of Liberty at the SCOTUS while Solicitor General of Texas, defended his trial at the SCOTUS that drug a man innocent of the crime he was convicted of (Cruz admitted this at trial)all the way to the SCOTUS to set a precedence, only because it was his job. Good people that truly believe in the Constitution do not continue to appeal a case to the SCOTUS to set a precedence, especially when they know and admit that the person was wrongfully convicted to begin with, no, Boehner is right, only a miserable SOB would do that.

29-Apr-16
He shoots, he scores! Game over.

29-Apr-16
joshuaf, Thanks again for providing the evidence that you are deaf and blind. I asked you to supply the reasons I support Trump because I was giving you the benefit of doubt, but yet again you have posted your own opinion on why you believe I support Trump rather than the facts. Maybe I have given you too much credit, deep down inside I kept thinking you actually could listen and comprehend.

29-Apr-16
I would rather have someone who strictly follows the letter of the law than someones who manipulates the letter of the law for unethical dealings.

On top of that the decision to appeal belonged to Greg Abott, would you resign your job and family support mechanism for a career criminal if you were in his shoes?

29-Apr-16
"I haven't committed to memory the specifics of why every Trumpkin on here supposedly supports him."

And you shouldn't, that's their right to vote for and support whoever they like....

29-Apr-16
"On top of that the decision to appeal belonged to Greg Abott, would you resign your job and family support mechanism for a career criminal if you were in his shoes?"

gflight, I assume you understand that we should be giving Greg Abbott credit for the other cases Cruz took to the SCOTUS as Solicitor General of Texas as well? Maybe Cruz is not the champion of Liberty after all, maybe he was only doing what he was told to do.

29-Apr-16
"On top of that the decision to appeal belonged to Greg Abott, would you resign your job and family support mechanism for a career criminal if you were in his shoes?"

So he gets to decide at what cost liberty? I thought he believed in the Constitution? Our FF risked everything and you guys want us to believe cruz is cut from the same cloth yet he does not even risk a government job even though he has an Ivy league education to fall back on, and not even mentioning his wife's income. Pretty lame excuse imo.

29-Apr-16
gflight,

"The reason I lost respect for Cruz is that he went against his Character in desperation".

When and if desperation should set in as POTUS how will Ted Cruz respond? We now know from his own mouth.

Read that once again and it will reveal one of the answers that you so desperately seek about Donald Trump.

That is but one that separates the two men.

The Rock

29-Apr-16
3.3 million more votes up by 400 deligates in a 17 person race highest ever in history!And Cruz says hes named his VP....gee thats kinda puttin the cart before the horse.He talks like hes a shoe in.

29-Apr-16
I voted for Cruz on March 5th in Kentucky. I thought and still think Trump will not be the best for our Country.

However...when Cruz and Kasich came up with this stupid back handed deal to try to block Trump I said to myself, "what the hell is going on here." Neither one of them are all that vote-worthy , so whats up with that?

It gets better..this past Tuesday Cruz looses YUGE, I mean really YUGE..not one single county in 5 States voted for him..so what does Cruz do..next day chooses Carly Fiorina as his running mate..for what? A trip back to Texas?

Desperate times for a desperate man? Who knows?

I think it's time to hold your nose again and vote.

29-Apr-16
Kathi, were you expecting Cruz to do real well in Trump's back yard, in some of the most Liberal states in the Nation? I wasn't. There's not a one of those states - except maybe PA - that has a snowball's chance in H*ll of voting R for President in November, no matter who the GOP nominee is.

29-Apr-16
"Just to get it out of the way...Lol '

Thank you, Ike !

29-Apr-16
Just to clarify.... that "innocent man" issue was a sentencing ruling. The man in question was in fact convicted of the crime. The timing of the sentencing is what was at question. Not the crime he was convicted of.

For me.... the effort to lock up a proven career criminal longer was an effort that was worth it.

To play it as he was trying to convict someone "innocent" of any crime is...... lets say, not factual. He was there for a reason, he was demonstrably a career criminal. And guilty of the crime that he was going to prison for. Sentencing was the issue.

29-Apr-16
TD,

You can try to spin it anyway you like, but facts are facts. The man was convicted of theft and sentenced. He was also charged with being a habitual offender, charged and convicted and sentenced. Lawyer determined later that he was wrongfully charged and convicted under the habitual offender law. Appealed to state court and conviction upheld. .. Lawyer appealed to Federal court and conviction was overturned. ...Cruz appealed to the SCOTUS and after being questioned by Justice Kennedy he admitted that yes the man was innocent of the habitual offender charge, but because his lawyer didn't point it out soon enough it should not be overturned.

Now, do you believe that a man who served his time for theft should be held on the habitual offender charge even when the prosecutor admits he is innocent of that charge, just so the prosecutor set precedence for future cases.

29-Apr-16
Rock,

Trump will plow blindly headfirst without thinking which makes him a risk in the desperation area as well...

Kathi,

Exactly...

Joshauf,

I thought he would at least show in the northeast. Unless of course they are alot more EGOP/liberal than I thought.

29-Apr-16
"I thought he would at least show in the northeast. Unless of course they are alot more EGOP/liberal than I thought."

I didn't think he'd show in the northeast unless Kasich was out of the race. And they voted for Trump 50%+, so that should tell you how liberal a goodly chunk of the Republicans in the northeast are.

• Sitka Gear