sleepyhunter 23-May-16
19-May-16

spike78's Link
More liberal criminals.

19-May-16
Never mind link doesn't work.

19-May-16
Yes they are!!!

Retired carpenter Local 213. The local gave all our retirement money to National and it disappears into thin air. Feds put 8 of our local union officials in the federal pen ranging from 8 to 20 years. National skated scott free. Never found out where the money went.

19-May-16
Thumper,

They raided the entire pension fund? You are not receiving your pension?

The Rock

19-May-16

spike78's Link
Here it is.

19-May-16
sleepy here. Proud UAW member for 30 yrs. Proud IAM member 8 yrs. Not a member of the Teamsters Union. Could care less what they do.

19-May-16
From my own experience in the union, it's nothing more than a legitimized organized crime syndicate.

19-May-16
It's better than pig masturbation and slinging pig manure Dr Grouch. Pathetic.

19-May-16
I made the right choices also. Except I didn't wallow in pig manure for a living. Worked with good people made a lot of great friends. That's something I doubt you have. You can't get that pig stench off. No matter how much money you claim to have.

20-May-16
"Thumper, They raided the entire pension fund? You are not receiving your pension?

The Rock"

Yep. Feds sued National on our behalf and settled for like 20% on the dollar. I get $278 dollars a month for 17yrs of service and paying dues.

20-May-16
"Sorry to hijack the thread spike, just fed up with sleepy and his phony BS."

Great, let's keep it that way Dr Grouch. Living rent free in that deranged head of yours. LOL. There is nothing you can say or do that will change my opinion of you or the Unions of this country. Now go slop the hogs and clean up the pig pen.

20-May-16
Wrong again Dr Grouch. For a guy who claims to have a PhD, you're not very smart. Try again.

20-May-16
I've never worked for a union and never will.

Unfortunately, I had to work in a union environment (but not as a union employee) while doing some training at the McDonald Douglas facility in St. Charles, MO. and that was the worst 8 months I have ever spent on any type of job.

It was like being back in grade school. A bell would ring to tell those poor souls to go take their mandatory breaks, and they were forced to vacate their work spaces and file out and wander around aimlessly until the bell would ring again and they would file back in like little automatons. It happened once in the morning and once in the afternoon, exactly on schedule, every single day of the week.

The bad thing was, all of us there for the training were forced to abide by their routines because we weren't permitted in the labs without the union folks being there.

The first day in the lab, I noticed one of the techs working on a brass board. That guy was still working on that same project (I'm using the term "working" here pretty loosely) when I left.

That particular work environment just seemed to suck the life right out of those folks.

20-May-16
Never liked unions...never will. I go out of my way to avoid supporating them whenever I can.

That's why I bought a Victory motorcycle instead of a Harley. Unions are right up there with liberals...killing America for their own selfishness!

20-May-16
I almost had to join a union once back in the 1970's and I wasn't liking the idea. I didn't want to join it but I didn't see what choice I had...they were bringing it in.

I happened to tell the boss at the factory I was working at my dilemma and the next thing you know.....I was a foreman! I didn't have to join the damn thing and I got a cush job with a desk and an office overlooking the factory floor.

One of the best things that ever happened to me!

23-May-16
I too hate unions! My father and oldest brother we members of the railroad unions. Another brother belonged to a Teacher's Union. All were sit on your a$$ jobs as far as I am concerned. Only my father had a tough job. He laid tracks by hand and with jacks and sledge hammer in the cold of ND. He was a very tough man!

When I asked my teacher brother what they did with students failing the grades his response was that they still had to send them along or they would plug up the school being there were so many of them. That tells you all you have to know about Teacher's Unions.

I'm not saying that about all teachers because some are very good and work hard at their profession.

23-May-16
there was a time when unions served a good purpose.....but that has long passed and essentially they have put themselves out of business.

23-May-16
Thank you once again Dr Dung (aka Pig Doc) for the obscene laced PM. I got called out on this thread for an opinion about Unions. I gave an opinion. That's all I can do. It's common knowledge I work in a union. I will continue to work in one till I retire. If anyone would like a copy of the PM, I would be happy to forward it along.

23-May-16
Yes I agree Dr Dung you're a troll.

• Sitka Gear