Glunt@work 23-May-16
joshuaf 23-May-16
Russ Koon 24-May-16
BowSniper 24-May-16
joshuaf 24-May-16
gflight 24-May-16
slade 24-May-16
23-May-16
What's with Gary Johnson picking a guy named William Weld as his VP choice? Terrible! Weld was on CNN over the weekend and sounded very anti-gun. Was against assault rifles and played the exact Obama line saying he supports hunting and was not talking about restricting guns used for hunting.

I'm not talking Trump sound bites from decades ago. This Weld guy was against 2nd Amendment rights YESTERDAY!

Anyone else catch that?

23-May-16
Poor choice IMO. Should have stuck with James P Gray!

23-May-16
Didn't catch it, but it sure sounds very un-Libertarian to me. Of course, I've thought Gary Johnson had a touch of Ron Paul whackadoodle since my time living in NM from 93-98.

23-May-16
Former MA governor, to the left of Romney, IMO.

23-May-16

23-May-16
Republicans and Democrats aren't the only ones with party unity issues.

Libertarians want maximum freedom and small government. For some that means freedom to partake in heroin using, buying and selling. For others that means freedom to keep and bear arms. For some it means both.

You have one guy there because he wants less taxes and the ability to buy whatever 5.56 magazine he wants, but the guy next to him may be there because he wants to marry the gay guy that cuts his hair..and his cat.

Weld is outside the normal Libertarian message if he doesn't strongly support gun rights.

23-May-16
Bill Weld, former Republican Governor of Mass., isn't a Libertarian, just a Liberal. No idea why Johnson would pick him as VP candidate. You don't get elected to statewide office in Mass. as a Republican unless you're palpably Liberal.

24-May-16
Googled Weld's name and found a short piece on him that sort of explains his earlier vote on gun matters in MA, and his change of position on that issue since.

He sounds sincerely in the pro-2A camp now. At least as sincere as The Donald, maybe even moreso.

At least the Libertarian Party is presenting the option of two experienced governors who have actually RUN their state governments, and improved their efficiency while doing so, as opposed to Slick Willy's wife and the reality show "star".

24-May-16
On the CNN interview just this past weekend, Weld was NOT pro-gun at all. He was pro-hunting and pro-hunting guns ... but that is not the same thing as pro-gun from a Constitutional standpoint.

The 2nd amendment does not say anything about hunting, and anyone who uses that as a pretext for what they think should be legal loses my vote.

I like Gary Johnson in a previous election cycle. But he looks/acts different now... very twitchy and moving around a lot when talking. Resembles people I have met with drug problems. Anyone else seeing that?

24-May-16
"At least as sincere as The Donald"

Or, in other words....he's playing us?

24-May-16
Well WTF? An assault weapon banning, Obama endorsing, POS for VP.

The world has gone insane...

On the bright side....

Trump released a list of possible SCOTUS picks.

May be a hard pull of the lever with things the way they are.

Do we just say things can never get worse?

24-May-16
""But he looks/acts different now... very twitchy and moving around a lot when talking.""

Nothing to see but a Medical Mary Jane addict...

• Sitka Gear