sleepyhunter 25-May-16
23-May-16
Headline of the Day:

Officer Edward Nero Not Guilty of All Counts in Freddie Gray Case

Let the rioting begin!

23-May-16
Scary, scary stuff from one of the leaders of today's protest:

(Emphasis mine)

"According to WJZ’s Mike Schuh, who was outside the courthouse, there was a huge “roar of disapproval” that came from the protesters outside.

One of the people leading the charge is Rev. Wesley West.

“I’m angry because this is what we deal with, and when I say ‘we,’ we’re talking about the black community and I’m a part of and represent that community as well, it seems like we have no voice when it comes to these issues,” he said. “When it comes to conversations like this, we’re not involved. This should have been a jury trial where the community had a voice in this case. Of course a system works in a system’s favor, that’s how I look at it. That judge represents the system, and the police officer represents a system, but they’re all one system working together. And again I don’t think case was actually tried fairly when it comes down the community being involved.”

Rev. West apparently believes facts are irrelevant in determining guilt or innocence. All that matters to him is public opinion in 'his community.'

23-May-16
I'm working downtown Baltimore. No trouble on the streets that I can see (yet)

23-May-16
BTW the judge is black. Can I say that?

Another good news story: A federal judge upheld Virginia's voter ID law. Hot dang, I know the democrats are mad.

23-May-16
Shuteye,

Really? You aren't going to hear that very often from the msm, that's for sure.

23-May-16

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Well Ill be darned!

Baltimore City Circuit Court Judge Barry Williams

23-May-16
Herd Freddy Grays family lawyer commended the Judge on his findings.

23-May-16
Smart move having an experienced judge hear a bench trial.

23-May-16
Too bad the judge didn't charge the states attorney with conflict of entrust.

23-May-16
Absolutely, Kevin.

Absolutely!

23-May-16
Let us see what happens tonight. At least it isn't real hot outside yet. I started to say I'm glad it isn't a weekend but those protesters don't work so the day makes no difference.

23-May-16
JTV,

That's exactly right. The Rev. West wanted a 'trial by lynch mob.'

23-May-16
Does this mean he will get his job back with back pay. All his legal bills paid for by the city. I know wishful thinking.

23-May-16
Scrappy,

I think he was suspended with pay pending the outcome. At least I would hope that was the case.

23-May-16
Kyle, that was my understanding.

23-May-16
Lex,

Yeah, I think that's pretty much SOP everywhere.

23-May-16
Good to hear...

23-May-16
of course he was acquitted. and the city paid gray's family over $6,000,000 for no reason, that is the real crime here.

23-May-16
Chad,

Did you see where a BLM leader was arrested the other day for running a prostitution ring?

No surprise at all at this end that Team BLM is nothing but a bunch of race hustlers, all of whom are hoping to be the next Al Sharpton.

23-May-16
Great news. Marilyn Mosby should resign.

24-May-16
Kyle I read your BLM leader comment and was trying to figure out how the Bureau of Land Managment got into this. Hahaha

24-May-16
LOL, Doug!

25-May-16
DL, don't feel bad, first few times I saw BLM I was thinking the same thing!!!! "What the .... does the Bureau of Land Management have to do with that!!!" It finally dawned on me!!! LOLOL

25-May-16
I'm not a lawyer, could it be possible to arrest and prosecute Mosby for inciting a riot? That is exactly what she did.

• Sitka Gear