joshuaf 24-May-16
gflight 24-May-16
DL 24-May-16
Shuteye 24-May-16
'Ike' (Phone) 24-May-16
Glunt@work 24-May-16
Dave G. 25-May-16
24-May-16
It's time they severely limit how many people and who gets to climb Mt Everest.

My God if you have to have someone go rig a ladder for your fat ass to get you up there....you shouldn't even be there.

24-May-16
That must be a helluva tall ladder.

I have a hard enough time standing a 20'er up by myself. I'd sure have to get some help, for this fat ass, to stand one up for the Everest.

24-May-16
Link, please?

24-May-16
As long as people keep paying the government for the permits they'll keep issuing them. As long as the guides keep making money, they'll keep fixing ropes and ladders (their sherpas will anyway). Multiple deaths has not stopped this before and won't stop it now. There's too much money involved and with money comes pressure. In the end you could severely limit the number of permitted climbers and still have multiple deaths. The mountain is going to take what she wants.

24-May-16
Last I heard to climb Everest the permit would cost you $50K per person. They ain't gonna restrict nothing at those prices...

24-May-16
four more "people" buying the peak croaked from various altitude related problems and a poor Sherpa rigging ladders for the non climbers to use up on the Hillary Step fell a few thousand feet.

There is all kinds of news about today....

24-May-16
One of them that died was trying to "prove" that vegans can do anything, including Summit Mt. Everest. So much for that.

24-May-16
Think about all those people crapping up there and it's frozen. Years of it. If it ever warms up enough to thaw all of it out that's going to be be one stink hole country.

24-May-16
Who cares If someone wants to risk their life going somewhere that we weren't meant to live?? It's not like anyone is forcing them. It also the only income the sherpas have risen support their families.

24-May-16
Wife and I watched "Everest" a few weeks ago, a recent movie made that was based on a true story. People who attempt to climb Everest are truly nuts. In my opinion.

24-May-16
This the guy you talking about?

"A Marine who lost part of his leg in Afghanistan has become the first combat amputee to reach the summit of Mount Everest, his climbing team said Friday."

"Who cares If someone wants to risk their life going somewhere that we weren't meant to live??"

Exactly.....

24-May-16
The ones that irritate me are the ones out west here that decide to climb snow covered mountains in the winter during a major storm. Then call to be rescued. Rescue teams risk there lives( sometimes loose) to locate someone that has been intentionally stupid. Taxpayers foot that bill.

24-May-16
I think four have died on Everest in a week.

24-May-16
Crazy for sure, some of the stuff on YouTube is pretty amazing....Whole lot of people, left up there!

24-May-16
We won't get very far as a species if we remove the ability of people to risk their own safety.

25-May-16
So does the more bodies you have to step around or over make the climb technically more difficult?

I know in the past they've used a few of the bodies as kind of landmarks..."climb up to that big chunk of rock and ice, and then turn left at the guy in the blue parka..."

Heck, they keep accumulating those climbers up there, eventually Everest will look like your typical Chicago sidewalk on a hot summer night.

• Sitka Gear