gflight 01-Dec-16
slade 01-Dec-16
Bowfreak 01-Dec-16
gflight 01-Dec-16
HDE 01-Dec-16
gflight 05-Dec-16
11-Jun-16

slade's Link
General David Petraeus is forming a gun control group with Gabby Gifford’s husband Mark Kelly. The goal of the group will be to push national adoption of the same universal background checks that have failed in California, Colorado, Washington state, and Paris.

In addition to Petraeus, former CIA director Michael Hayden and retired Admiral Thad Allen have pledged to push for more gun laws with Mark Kelly.

And to think we had experts on this site pushing for a Petraeus presidency or as a VP...

11-Jun-16
They all swore an oath to protect this country from both foreign and domestic enemies. Now they have become that domestic enemy. Sorry but that's he way I see it, They all know history and what this would lead to.

11-Jun-16
Wow...people fooled by a guy who wasn't a politician, and who changes his mind later.

Sure glad that could never happen again.

11-Jun-16
The difference is that Petraeus changed to anti-gun, and Trump changed to pro-gun.

I am voting for where they are now, not where they were.

And we know where Hillary is now.

11-Jun-16
Infowars reporter Rob Dew chased Bilderberg member and former CIA director General David Petraeus through the streets of Dresden, Germany today in an attempt to ask the former CIA director a question about Hillary Clinton’s email scandal.

11-Jun-16
Having served 20 years in the Corps, I can tell you that there is more than just one high ranking Navy or Marine Officer that cares nothing about our Constitution, and everything about self promotion. I am sure it is the same with the Air Force and Army.

Nothing changes over time, it was just yesterday that Douglas MacArthur led Soldiers against Veterans, during the Great Depression, who were protesting peacefully in Washington D.C., asking for early payment for WWI Veterans Bonus.

Ya think it won't ever happen again - you could not be more wrong.

Some Officers in our Military would have no problem issuing the order to fire on Civilians. Doug MacArthur had no problem rousting Veterans.

Buy more bullets, is all I can tell you.

( Yep, there is Video of Smedley Butler pleading with the Veterans to go home and leave the shanty towns, prior to Doug MacAurthur leading U. S. Army Soldiers to roust the Veterans )

11-Jun-16

11-Jun-16

11-Jun-16

11-Jun-16
Tonyo x2

11-Jun-16
This quote from Teddy Roosevelt sums up everything slade isn't.

slade takes a position on no man until after he sees something he doesn't like. And he does it over and over and over again. He's the poster boy for the term, "Monday Morning Quarterback."

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

11-Jun-16
Joining a gun control group start-up is not a strong man stumbling.

There is nothing great, or daring greatly, or high achievemtn, nor striving greatly, about anything having to do with gun control, from either Hillary, or any Military Officer.

Gun control is totally defeatist, in regards to our Constitution.

11-Jun-16
tony,

Slade takes a position on no man UNTIL he's fallen.

That was my point.

11-Jun-16
Good grief, now I am being blamed for the losers you choose.

Maybe if you did a little vetting and research before opening your alligator mouth ahead of your chickity arse you would be believable.

And for the record liar, I correctly predicted when each of these candidates were toast, long before they dropped, much to your disparaging diatribes.

1. Walker 2. Perry 3. Carson 4. Paul 5. Rubio 6. Carly 7. Cruz 8. Bush and the rest were a given.

NEXT...

11-Jun-16
You just proved my point.

You said not a word about any of them until after they were gone.

And to this day, despite multiple challenges from multiple people here, you still have yet to say ONE WORD about why you worship a buffoon named Donald Trump.

11-Jun-16
You really are a dense/uncomprehending liar...

Next you will be quoting your other favorite democrat Dingy Harry.

12-Jun-16
Betraeus destroyed his own career because of making bad decisions, and now he is doing it again. He has no credability. Kelly should stay on the space station and then he'd be safe from all of us pro 2nd amendment people.

12-Jun-16
Sadly, I heard that Stanley McCrystal has joined in on that as well. I don't know what gets in to these officers heads once they make Field Grade. They lose their nuts and become lap doge for the politicians. It makes me sick to my stomach. These General Officers going against the Second Amendment. General Miles recommending women in combat arms and pretty much hand carrying three women who failed to meet standards, through Ranger School.. Now one of those females is going to take command of an Infantry Company.. When I came home after my entrance testing, I told my Dad that ny scores were so high that they wanted me to go to West Point.... My Dad said that if I became an officer, he would disown me. He said it with a chuckle, but he was also sort of serious. I opted to become an Airborne Ranger.. After 26 years in the service, it didn't take me long to realize why he said what he did. It seems that once an officer starts making rank, it becomes less and less about their soldiers and more about their careers and political connections and aspirations.... F-them. That's all I got.

Be prepared. Jay

12-Jun-16

slade's Link
Not sure why this didn't get more attention back in May.

Petraeus: Self-Censor to Avoid Offending Muslims

Petraeus doesn’t offer any alternative suggestion as to how jihad terrorists can be prevented from entering the United States. He just doesn’t like Trump’s former proposal, and what he terms “hate speech against Muslims” in general, because he says it will enrage Muslims and make more of them join the jihad against America. So the upshot of Petraeus’ argument is that we must not say things to which Muslims might object, because this will just make more of them become jihadis.

His prescription for minimizing the jihad against the West is for the West to practice self-censorship in order to avoid offending Muslims.

29-Nov-16
Hmmmm

30-Nov-16
Please contact President-elect Donald Trump at [email protected]. Ask him to reject the idea of nominating anti-gun activist David Petraeus to the post of Secretary of State. You can copy-and-paste the pre-written letter below to email Trump.

Dear Friend of the Second Amendment:

Anti-gun activist David Petraeus is under consideration for the position of Secretary of State in the Trump administration.

Although Petraeus seldom speaks publicly on domestic issues, he hates guns so much that he teamed up with anti-gun leader Mark Kelly and his wife, Gabrielle Giffords, to co-found the Veterans Coalition for Common Sense, an anti-gun organization devoted to "do[ing] more to prevent gun tragedies" by "urging lawmakers to toughen gun laws."

Not surprisingly, the Leftist media is elated that a gun-hater like Petraeus might be awarded the top Cabinet post by Trump.This is true even though Petraeus, in November 2012, resigned as CIA Director and pleaded guilty to leaking classified information to a biographer with whom he was having an extramarital affair.

But Petraeus' "Clinton-like" disregard for American security is the least of his problems.

As Secretary of State, Petraeus would play a key role in deciding whether to remove the U.S. from the UN Arms Trade Treaty (UN ATT). This agreement would mandate gun registration, and would authorize comprehensive gun bans -- all goals supported by Petraeus' colleagues Kelly and Giffords.

Petraeus would effectively decide whether to push for ratification of the anti-gun UN Small Arms Treaty.

Finally, Petraeus would have jurisdiction over the international trade (ITAR) regulations. Under Clinton/Kerry "guidance," these regulations have been expanded to outlaw gunsmithing. In addition, a gun technician who communicates "how-to" information about guns on the Internet (without purchasing a $2,250 State Department license) could be prosecuted and imprisoned.

You can read GOA's comments against these anti-gun State Department regulations here.

If anti-gun Paeraeus is nominated and confirmed, we can expect these policies to be continued and expanded.

Donald Trump was elected with the broad support of members of the Second Amendment community. We believe it would be a huge mistake to begin his transition by putting an anti-gun activist in a position whether he could regulate and ban guns.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy Chairman

30-Nov-16
You all good with the U.N. gun ban now?

01-Dec-16
International law has no authority within the borders of the US. The Executive office cannot make treaties with foreign gov'ts or entities without the approval of the Senate.

That would be a direct violation of the Constitution, aka, the Supreme Law of the Land.

01-Dec-16
Think the Senate won't go along with Trump and Betrayus?

01-Dec-16
""Freedom is letting other people do things you don't like....."" Priceless

01-Dec-16
Why don't we wait and see if Petraeus has anything to do with the Trump administration? At this point the drive bys have no idea what Trump plans to do. He has played them like a deck of cards up to this point....I am not sure why I would expect that to change anytime soon.

01-Dec-16
Glad to see you like my comment there "safe space", the freedom without TOT's has surely got you liberals in a fuss...

Did you send an e-mail to your King for me? Your word would carry lots of weight I'm guessing....

01-Dec-16
"Think the Senate won't go along with Trump and Betrayus?"

Not unless they want to keep their jobs...

05-Dec-16
Looks like Trump has expanded his pool of gun grabbers for SoS....

His top picks are General David Petraeus, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and anti-gun Senator Joe Manchin -- Obama's chief gun control architect who sponsored the “Toomey-Manchin” Gun Registration Scheme.

• Sitka Gear