muskeg 30-Jun-16
gflight 30-Jun-16
'Ike' (Phone) 30-Jun-16
joshuaf 30-Jun-16
Shuteye 02-Jul-16
HA/KS 03-Jul-16
26-Jun-16

Scrappy's Link
Trump is the only gop candidate that could possibly loose to the beast.

26-Jun-16
“Donald Trump has had the worst month one can imagine, but Clinton’s negatives are so high the net impact on the ballot is almost invisible,”

"Though Clinton is leading, it’s notable that Trump’s numbers have dropped by only 2 points since May."

26-Jun-16
"Trump is the only gop candidate."

There, I fixed it for you.

26-Jun-16
I think it is obvious, there are Republicans that definately want Hillary to win the election. They don't want to lose their gravy train and they think Trump will put an end to it.

26-Jun-16
"If your talking about the ABC/Wapo poll"

It showed Hillary ahead more than other recent polls, but one thing they all have in common is that she leads in basically all of them. There is a reason Trump doesn't talk about the polls much anymore: none of them are good for him like they were during the primaries, and as we all know, he only talks about his "good" polls. With this ABC/WP poll, Trump was actually reduced to tweeting/lying that this poll was bad, but the others were good for him!?!? I guess by "good", he means he's only losing to Hillary by 4-8 points in most of the "good" polls. If those are "good", then I'd hate to see his "bad" polls.

"there are Republicans that definately want Hillary to win the election"

People who have supported Trump from the beginning could easily be accused of such, considering the absolute best way for Hillary to win the Presidency is to nominate Trump to run against her, and that has been forecast and predicted since last Summer.

27-Jun-16
It's the end of June...Nothing to see here!

27-Jun-16
"It's the end of June...Nothing to see here!"

Yes, I understand that the only way the Trumpkins can keep from being a nervous wreck is to say it's months till the election, polls don't matter. But stop kidding yourself, and us: if Trump was whoopin' Hillary in the polls right now, you'd be all over posting those like white on rice.

27-Jun-16
Josh need to move to California or N.Y. or out of the US.

27-Jun-16
No, we really don't need another Josh in CA...It's bad enough! ;-)

27-Jun-16
You mean like the polls in the UK that said they were not leaving the EU? Most of these polls are so inaccurate it's silly.

27-Jun-16
I tell pollers none of their business when they call.

27-Jun-16
Ok I got it now, polls are bad when trump is down, polls are good when trump is up.

27-Jun-16
Are you guys going to be happy when we lose the Supreme Court? Hope so

27-Jun-16
you guys had it all figured out by now in the last 2 elections .... due to the polls ....

27-Jun-16
"You mean like the polls in the UK that said they were not leaving the EU?"

Actually, there were multiple polls saying the opposite.

27-Jun-16
"Ok I got it now, polls are bad when trump is down, polls are good when trump is up."

Been that way since Ben Carson first started encroaching on Trump's lead last Fall.

27-Jun-16
"you guys had it all figured out by now in the last 2 elections"

I predicted many months in advance that neither McCain or Romney would beat Obama, but my predictions had nothing to do with the polls. No different here, I've been saying that Trump would lose to Hillary before they were even polling Hillary and Trump head to head.

27-Jun-16
I'll wait till November to worry about it. I'll vote Trump and whoever his VP choice is that's all I can do.

27-Jun-16
By the way, a new poll just came out showing Trump leading by only 8 over Hillary in Texas. Romney beat Obama there by 16.

27-Jun-16
The bigger, more important poll shows 81% of Bernie voters will cast their votes for Clinton while 8% are committing to Trump.

By the end of the summer, that 8% will be wittled down to 2%.

He's sinking by the day.

27-Jun-16
I've come to learn, as most of you should have by now, that polls are BS!

I don't care which way they are leaning, they are ALL manipulated to the desired outcome....

Heck, Romney was ahead of Obummer at election time 4 years ago according to some of the polls....

In fact, after the last election, in an article with a couple Washington Insiders, it was pointed out that one of the major polling companies has very strong Demoncratic party ties. And it was pointed out that they had manipulated the numbers so Romney would be ahead so that hopefully some fence sitters would just decide to stay home and not bother voting if they thought Romney would win.

Its all smoke a mirrors.

27-Jun-16
and speaking of sinking....

8. Anonymous Registrations are Prohibited.

People who register for our services under assumed or "bogus" names will be removed.

Stop being such a PussZ.

27-Jun-16
What was the poll for Brexit?

Some polls can be very accurate but in this race I think the polls will be off. The narrative out there is that if you vote for Trump you are a racist etc. I think a lot of people might be telling the pollster that they aren't voting for Trump but when they are in that voting booth they will pull the lever for Trump.

27-Jun-16
The ABC poll was heavily weighted for democrats.

27-Jun-16
he doesn't stand a chance....the dems are laughing at us.

27-Jun-16
Sleepy gets it...

27-Jun-16
"Heck, Romney was ahead of Obummer at election time 4 years ago according to some of the polls...."

That's true, but Obama was ahead of Romney in many, many more polls than the reverse, and Obama won the ultimate poll on election day.

27-Jun-16
But you never supported Romney either... that year bitter over Santorum's defeat.

28-Jun-16
"But you never supported Romney either... that year bitter over Santorum's defeat."

Had nothing to do with Santorum, and everything to do with Romney not being a Conservative. Same reason I didn't vote for McCain, same reason I won't vote for Trump.

28-Jun-16
Did I just misremember Trump saying at one time that he could write a big personal check to fund his General Election campaign? When's he going to start? To say he is getting outspent by Hillary would be like saying an Elephant is bigger than a Grape. Extremely obvious. The question is "why?" The two most logical answers (which are not mutually exclusive) are a)he can't spend what he doesn't have, or b)this is a big Con Game and he has no intention of beating Hillary.

28-Jun-16
Does anybody watch ads anymore? I sure don't.

I think it will hinge a lot on the first debate. If Trump blows it he will lose. If he comes across as reasonable and knowledgeable he will win.

I will tell you a lot of the members in my archery club voted for Obama and now are voting for Trump. Most of these guys are Democrats or Union workers. I was very shocked that they were supporting Trump and they all were with him from the beginning.

28-Jun-16
Well, yes, Mint, but you're an informed voter. Hillary's running ads here painting Trump as too volatile to lead. And there's nothing to counter it.

Bill Clinton was a master of this, and the dumb-ass republicans (Bush 41 and Dole) did nothing to counter it, to their great detriment. The Dems set the narrative on their terms.

28-Jun-16
At this point neither polls nor spending mean very much - unless it is building a momentum that cannot be overcome. Since both candidates have well over 50% negatives, I cannot see that happening.

28-Jun-16
Polls don't mean anything as they can be skewed to show what you want...

28-Jun-16
I don't remember Trump ever saying he would self fund the general election (estimated to cost $1 billion). Perhaps you have a source for that Josh?

He DID say he would self fund the primary contest though.

28-Jun-16
That and there's only going to be 'one' debate...Neither will want anymore! Lol

29-Jun-16
Since this thread started out about polls, I see Trump is coming back strong in the latest polls.

29-Jun-16
Quinnipiac today:

Hellery 42%, Trump 40%

29-Jun-16
Ya got to keep me straight here. This week polls are good right unless they change and then they will be bad again? Ya got me so confused.

29-Jun-16
Scrappy I was going to say the exact same thing about you when I made the above post. Also just saw two marines say they have great respect for John McCain but he is wrong about waterboarding and Trump is 100% correct.

29-Jun-16
Yep, ol' Donny is really getting ready to blow her doors off.

29-Jun-16
Shuteye I'll never say trump is not saying all the right things. The beast can come out and start saying all the right things tomorrow as well, still don't make them true. Just like this week he is continuing to walk back his Musloid immigration stance.

29-Jun-16
joshuaf,

Those numbers are ridiculous and I think you know it.

They are WAY off the RCP averages for those states.

29-Jun-16
"Shuteye I'll never say trump is not saying all the right things."

I will. Trump is saying some of the right things. He's also saying a lot of atrocious things that he would be ripped for by a lot of people here if he were Hillary or Obama. But we don't know which - of anything he says - that he actually believes and means, because he's a pathological liar.

29-Jun-16
Weren't you a bit of a pathological liar yourself Josh, when arguing a defense for each of the Cruz losses? Thinking Florida as one example.... or does it depend on your definition of "can"?

29-Jun-16
Looks like Trump found a new way to emulate Hillary.

29-Jun-16
"They are WAY off the RCP averages for those states."

Funny, I would have said the same about the Q. poll you mentioned. Way off the RCP average.

I don't know what the RCP averages are for those states, haven't kept up with it, but I do see the poll shows a Hillary lead across the board in every state mentioned. I'll bet that's not far off the average.

By the way, since BowSniper uses 538 as his Go-To Political Predictions Bible, I'm sure he'll be heartened to know that they just came out with a forecast that shows Hillary has an 80% chance of winning the General Election, in a landslide over Trump.

29-Jun-16
It was Reagan followed by Bush Sr who wed and cemented the social/religious right with the fiscal right in the conservative movement that was the Republican Party.

Over the past ten years, the social/religious right folks, despite only being 30% of the country, insist that it be "their guy" or no guy and abstain from voting if the Republican nominee's name doesn't start with Reverend or if he doesn't sound like one.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are able to unite a heterogenous group of people all the way from middle-America white male union workers and farmers, all the way across the spectrum of suburban moms, young people, multiple minorities, all the way to LGBT and whackadoodle kale-worshipers behind one candidate over the past ten years. And yet, now they're struggling to do that.

McCain never stood a chance with Obama's popularity. Remember... he lost really bad. People want to blame McCain, blame Palin, blame Iraq, or blame this or that, but the reality is, the Republican Party is to blame for not putting forth a candidate that people can believe in since Reagan.

There's now a chink in the Democrat's armor and conservatives can't get themselves to group up and win. There's no way they can win without everyone getting on board.

That's the reality of the present and the future for conservatives. They just flat-out don't have the numbers to bifurcate on a nominee and still win the POTUS election.

Both sides in the conservative debate point the finger at the other side for causing a Republican loss in the general election, but the truth is, the only thing they're both correct on, is the self-fulfilling prophesy of losing. The blame lies in the entire movement for fracturing Reagan's coalition and gains.

29-Jun-16
I would agree with the 538 prediction that right now Hillary has an 80% chance of winning. All democrats want her to win, along with some evangelical Cruz supporters who are rooting more for a biblical end-of-days than ever seeing Trump win.

29-Jun-16

PSEBow's embedded Photo
PSEBow's embedded Photo
If you look at the electoral picture, its very bleak for Trump. A new projection, run by University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, has Clinton beating Trump by a 347-191 electoral vote margin. How?

1) all of the normal toss-up states – Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, etc. – have been moved into the “Leaning Democratic” column, leaving Trump no mathematical way to make up the difference unless there is a sizable shift in public opinion.

2) In Texas and two other red states, Trump only leads Clinton by single digits. Romney clobbered Obama there by 16 points in 2012. In Arkansas, where the 2012 GOP nominee beat the current president by 24 points, Trump only leads Clinton by 11.

3) if Clinton wins Florida and carries the 19 states (plus D.C.) that have voted for the Democratic presidential nominee in each of the last six elections, she will be the 45th president. Virginia and North Carolina, have moved closer and closer to Democrats of late. (Obama won both states in 2008 and carried Virginia in 2012.)

4) Trump's dismal numbers among women and Hispanics could put states such as Arizona and even Utah in play for Democrats, Which would be disastrous for Trump.

Here's the full breakdown:

Safe Dem (164): California (55), Connecticut (7), Delaware (3), Hawaii (4), Illinois (20), Maine* (3), Maryland (10), Massachusetts (11), New York (29), Rhode Island (4), Vermont (3), Washington, D.C. (3), Washington state (12)

Likely Dem (37): Maine (1), Minnesota (10), New Jersey (14), New Mexico (5), Oregon (7) Lean D (78): Florida (29), Michigan (16), Nevada (6), New Hampshire (4), Virginia (13), Wisconsin (10) Pure Tossup (68): Colorado (9), Iowa (6), North Carolina (15), Ohio (18), Pennsylvania (20) Lean R (28): Arizona (11), Georgia (16), Nebraska* (1)

Likely gop (27): Indiana (11), Missouri (10), Utah (6)

Safe gop (136): Alabama (9), Alaska (3), Arkansas (8), Idaho (4), Kansas (6), Kentucky (8), Louisiana (8), Mississippi (6), Montana (3), Nebraska (5), North Dakota (3), Oklahoma (7), South Carolina (9), South Dakota (3), Tennessee (11), Texas (38), West Virginia (5), Wyoming (3)

29-Jun-16

PSEBow's embedded Photo
PSEBow's embedded Photo
If you look at the electoral picture, its very bleak for Trump. A new projection, run by University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, has Clinton beating Trump by a 347-191 electoral vote margin. How?

1) all of the normal toss-up states – Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, etc. – have been moved into the “Leaning Democratic” column, leaving Trump no mathematical way to make up the difference unless there is a sizable shift in public opinion.

2) In Texas and two other red states, Trump only leads Clinton by single digits. Romney clobbered Obama there by 16 points in 2012. In Arkansas, where the 2012 GOP nominee beat the current president by 24 points, Trump only leads Clinton by 11.

3) if Clinton wins Florida and carries the 19 states (plus D.C.) that have voted for the Democratic presidential nominee in each of the last six elections, she will be the 45th president. Virginia and North Carolina, have moved closer and closer to Democrats of late. (Obama won both states in 2008 and carried Virginia in 2012.)

4) Trump's dismal numbers among women and Hispanics could put states such as Arizona and even Utah in play for Democrats, Which would be disastrous for Trump.

Here's the full breakdown:

Safe Dem (164): California (55), Connecticut (7), Delaware (3), Hawaii (4), Illinois (20), Maine* (3), Maryland (10), Massachusetts (11), New York (29), Rhode Island (4), Vermont (3), Washington, D.C. (3), Washington state (12)

Likely Dem (37): Maine (1), Minnesota (10), New Jersey (14), New Mexico (5), Oregon (7) Lean D (78): Florida (29), Michigan (16), Nevada (6), New Hampshire (4), Virginia (13), Wisconsin (10) Pure Tossup (68): Colorado (9), Iowa (6), North Carolina (15), Ohio (18), Pennsylvania (20) Lean R (28): Arizona (11), Georgia (16), Nebraska* (1)

Likely gop (27): Indiana (11), Missouri (10), Utah (6)

Safe gop (136): Alabama (9), Alaska (3), Arkansas (8), Idaho (4), Kansas (6), Kentucky (8), Louisiana (8), Mississippi (6), Montana (3), Nebraska (5), North Dakota (3), Oklahoma (7), South Carolina (9), South Dakota (3), Tennessee (11), Texas (38), West Virginia (5), Wyoming (3)

29-Jun-16

Scrappy's Link
Fox poll is really ugly for trump.

30-Jun-16
"Democrat Hillary Clinton is up 44-38 percent over Trump in a head-to-head matchup. "

Conventional election wisdom is that the incumbent must be polling over 50% or they will lose. hilary is seen as the incumbent in this election.

I realize that nothing conventional describes this election cycle.

30-Jun-16
Polls, what polls....? Try again...Lol

Donald Trump's 40 percent - too close to call - as American voters say neither candidate would be a good president and that the campaign has increased hatred and prejudice in the nation, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.

This compares to results of a June 1 national poll by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN- uh-pe-ack) University, showing Clinton edging Trump 45 - 41 percent.

When third party candidates are added to today's survey, Clinton gets 39 percent with Trump at 37 percent. Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson gets 8 percent and Green Party candidate Jill Stein gets 4 percent.

30-Jun-16
Summer Stunner: Trump Soars to +4 Over Clinton in Rasmussen Poll

30-Jun-16
MSM just playing with you guys,Trump by a landslide in November,count on it.

30-Jun-16
"and abstain from voting if the Republican nominee's name doesn't start with Reverend or if he doesn't sound like one."

Sorry, but that is just a flat out lie.

30-Jun-16
"along with some evangelical Cruz supporters who are rooting more for a biblical end-of-days than ever seeing Trump win."

It is no wonder you had no problem pivoting to Trump, you lie and demagogue with just as much ease as he does. Good job.

30-Jun-16

30-Jun-16
"Summer Stunner: Trump Soars to +4 Over Clinton in Rasmussen Poll"

Wow, that is STRONG. Rasmussen had Romney beating Obama in a poll 2 days before the election in 2012, so we know their track record is spot-on. Oh wait....

That is the first poll since May 19th showing Trump in the lead. I guess now we know why slade hasn't been around much lately, he only pokes out from under his rock when there is good polling news for Trump.

30-Jun-16
The Reuters poll was one of the absolute favorites of the Trumpers during the primaries. They seem....strangely silent on it now.

30-Jun-16
like I have said ... you guys that really think Trump wins should bet ... the Billery has opened up the largest margin of odds in history of Presidential betting probably.

Put your $'s on Trump and retire, in style, early !!!

30-Jun-16
The news is changing and so are reality show voters.....

"Utah Sen. Mike Lee did not mince words when he was asked why he has not yet endorsed Donald Trump for president.

“We can get into that if you want,” Lee said in a telephone interview with Newsmax TV on Wednesday. “We can get into the fact that he accused my best friend’s father of conspiring to kill JFK.” But Lee wasn’t done there. He continued: “We can go through the fact that he’s made statements that some have identified correctly as religiously intolerant. We can get into the fact that he’s wildly unpopular in my state, in part because my state consists of people who are members of a religious minority church — a people who were ordered exterminated by the governor of Missouri in 1838. And statements like that make them nervous.”

During the Republican primary, Trump suggested that rival Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s father was somehow connected to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Trump’s claim was based on a dubious National Enquirer story. Lee endorsed Cruz in the race. “He said that. He actually said that,” Lee recalled on Wednesday. “He said that without any scintilla, without a scintilla of evidence. Now that concerns me.”

It appears Lee is not alone. According to a Fox News national poll released Wednesday, more than half of Republicans say they would prefer a different nominee than Trump. And just 74 percent said they preferred him over Hillary Clinton, down from 82 percent in May. The survey showed that Trump trailed the former secretary of state by 6 percentage points (44 percent to 38 percent) in a general election matchup. In early June, the same poll had Clinton leading Trump by just 2 points (42 percent to 39 percent)."

30-Jun-16
Josh is all about Polls, you see where it got him in the primaries....Lol

30-Jun-16
"Josh is all about Polls"

Quite to the contrary, as you well know. Some of my correct predictions during the primaries were expressly against what the polls were overwhelmingly showing.

By the way, how many of all those polls showing Hillary in the lead have you posted, since mid-May? I think it's actually you who are all about polls. At least the one that shows Trump leading. Hey, gotta' hang your hat on something I guess.

02-Jul-16

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo

03-Jul-16

HA/KS's Link
Polls go up, polls go down. Polls even before the conventions don't mean much.

hilary has won 9 of the last 10 polls - and NONE of them count in November.

RCP average - electoral college at link

• Sitka Gear