joshuaf 28-Jul-16
joshuaf 28-Jul-16
Glunt@work 28-Jul-16
Rocky 28-Jul-16
gadan 28-Jul-16
bad karma 28-Jul-16
Kathi 28-Jul-16
23-Jul-16
There are a number who continually post #neverTrump threads--and for what purpose? Either he or Hillary will win the election no matter how any of us vote/don't vote this November.

It is certain that if Hillary wins, fingers will be pointing and responsibility directed for positions taken. Sadly, those who view that their moral positions are somehow superior to others who did not hold their views will probably be leading the blame-calling.

We are past the time that all things negative about Trump need posting with each revelation. Like it or not, Trump is the candidate and we are stuck with either him or Hillary.

One can blame the morals, emotions or whatever you may opine on the voters that made Trump the candidate...but whatever the reason, the choice still remains: Trump or Hillary. Nothing will change what has happened and it is time to get over it and deal with the hand that has been dealt...

Yes, #NeverTrumpers, You Are In Fact Morally Responsible for the Hillary Clinton Presidency You're Agitating For

—Ace

Sorry, I was on Twitter. I felt it was necessary to dispel the widely-held myth, adored by #NeverTrumpers, that somehow attacking Trump relentlessly does not aid Hillary Clinton, and that they are not choosing Hillary Clinton by choosing to be NeverTrump.

All choices have consequences. By supporting Trump, I am responsible for the consequences of a Trump victory -- and those consequences could indeed be dire.

But a childish morally-unserious fantasy has infected the #NeverTrump not-so-intellgentsia, that they can agitate for Hillary Clinton -- by relentlessly disparaging Trump -- and somehow, they are not responsible for the consequences of the Hillary presidency they are bucking for.

They've dreamed up this self-pleasing, responsibility-evading dreamscape in which those who plump for Trump are responsible for the outcomes of a Trump presidency, but, for no explanation thusfar discoverable, they are not responsible for the outcomes of the Hillary presidency they're agitating for.

I tried to explain to them that there is no such thing as a consequence-free choice -- all choices have consequences, both on the upside and the downside -- and both the upside and downswide consequences must be considered by any adult, intellectually-serious person in making his choice.

But they like this idea that, like little children, they are free to gambol and play in the fields and this does not even perturb the leading edge of a butterfly's wing, and so they just keep teling me "No you're wrong" without saying why I'm wrong.

Which, seriously, is a rather important part of any argument beginning with the words "You're wrong."

I ask people: When you knocked Obama in 2012, and wrote posts and comments noting his flaws, did you think you were doing nothing to improve Mitt Romney's chances of winning the presidency?

If so-- why the fuck did you bother?

Of course, this is silly; everyone knows that when one buys ads attacking a candidate, one is helping that candidate's opponent win.

The #NeverTrumpers are filling their blogs, magazines, and Twitter timelines with nonstop political advertising (free) against Trump, and maintain, just because they say so and because it pleases them to think so, this does exactly nothing to help Hillary, and they are therefore not responsibe for her election.

Or let me put it this way: I am not hoping for Trump to get into some serious international snafu by supporting him. Yet I know that is a very real possibility if he's president.

Should this happen, I can't just say "But I didn't want trump to screw up so badly."

People would say -- no, but you knew the risks in supporting him, and you supported him anyway; you are therefore morally responsible for this.

Yet the #NeverTrumpers claim that the obvious, inescapable outcome of their position -- that Hillary Clinton will be the president -- is not their responsibility, just because they didn't intend that as a pirmary matter.

No, but they were completely aware it was the natural and inevitable consequence of their position.

So why would a Trump supporter be responsible for a foreign policy catastrophe he didn't even know for a fact would happen, when a #NeverTrumper claims to be innocent of the Hillary Presidency they know beyond a shadow of any doubt is the direct and inescapable consequence of the NeverTrump posiition?

They're responsible for it. They don't want to be, but they are.

I don't particularly want to be on the hook for a Trump presidency, but, being a morally serious person who has not yet delegated my thinking to the Twitter Hivemind, I recognize that by taking the action of lending him my support, I am responsible for the conseqyences of that act.

Why do the childish #NeverTrumpers mewl that they, alone in the universe, are not responsiblee for the consequences of their own choices?

I understand the #NeverTrump impulse. I've expressed it myself. After Trump's boorish, vulgar, half-insane attack on Cruz's wife, I announced "I'm done" with Trump and vowed to never vote for him.

I understand #NeverTrump, emotionally. I think there's merit in the position.

However, we have difficult choices to make. And difficult choices should be treated as what they are -- difficult, hard choices requiring moral seriousness and rigorous cost-benefit analysis.

They should not be made --artificially and falsely -- into easy-breezy decisions where one just says "I will do everything I can to make sure Trump is defeated, and I shall never give a thought to the prospect of a Hillary presidency, and I should never allow my shoulders to feel the burden of the consequences of the choice I am making."

Real men -- and tough-minded women -- do not go fleeing tough choices by simply hallucinating an "Officer Dimes, please come and save me" miracle solution.

Either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton will be president in November.

If you think Hillary would be a better president -- or if Trump is so repulsive to you you cannot support him even if you think Hillary would be worse -- fine. I respect your opinion.

We all have different brains. We all have different priorities.

But what I must insist you cannot do -- what i will not permit you to do -- is fantasize that while a Trump supporter is resonsible for the gaffes and disasters of a President Trump, you are somehow innocent of the purges and witchhunts of a President Hillary.

Trump supporters will own the consequences of a Trump presidency -- and Hillary supporters, both those who declare it proudly and those who wish it secretly -- own the consequences of a Hillary presidency.

Adults accept the consequences of their choices.

Only children run from them, or cross their fingers behind their backs and claim that's a charm insulating them from the consequences of their choices.

Some decisions are hard. They should be respected as being hard.

And no, Officer Dimes is not coming to save you from the dilemma you face.

23-Jul-16
I hate more than one paragraph of posting. But, I get it that you're a Trump supporter and I am too!

23-Jul-16
The nevertrumpers simply hope trump loses to claim a 'more conservative' candidate would have done better and won. This fallacy requires a Trump loss above all. And the desperation behind that life goal means they have to be OK with Hillary winning, because in some [sick] way they feel it furthers their personal goals. Its not that complicated.

Think of how much time Josh and the other disciples have invested in this endeavor. They can't ever let up at this point. Even a broken watch is occasionally right...

23-Jul-16
Speaking for myself, I would not be talking about support for Trump, or my lack thereof, if the Trump supporters weren't here criticizing, insulting, berating, and browbeating me because I don't support him. If I have to take my lumps for not toeing the mark, I am going to explain the reasons that I think that way. If that includes my thoughts and feelings about Trump as a candidate and a man, you'll just have to get used to it.

I fully understand and respect the people who think they must support the republican candidate no matter who it is. Whether you guys are willing to admit or understand it, I guarantee you that I no more want to see Hildebeast in office any more than you.

As far as taking responsibility, sure, load it on. I think conservatives were bound to be viewed as responsible for this loss the moment Trump was nominated. One wonders if it made anyone feel better to blame conservatives when McCain and then Romney lost. I think it probably did, because it is much easier to lay defeat at the hands of someone else, rather than consider that maybe the mistake lay with them, and the candidate they chose to hold their banner.

23-Jul-16
I am not a Trump supporter although I (very grudgingly) admit I like what he is saying more and more, just not sure I really believe most of what he says. Thing is, I I can not stand Clinton, in fact I am flat out scared of her.

To me it boils down to this, It is like being offered 2 pills, one is poison the other might be. You HAVE to choose one, which will it be? I'll take my chance on the maybe poison, the other is sure death to more freedoms.

23-Jul-16
Just keep repeating "SCOTUS judges, SCOTUS judges, as you go into the voting booth.

23-Jul-16
So, posting truth is not (typo I meant now) verboten if it goes against the anointed one?

23-Jul-16
Does that also apply to his administration if he gets elected?

23-Jul-16
Salagi,

Adding the caveat that should you choose the questionable pill, you must then assume the job of handing the pills out to people, would make it much more accurate.

23-Jul-16
Jack, you can go pound sand. The people most responsible for a President Hillary Clinton will be the people who have propped up Trump from the very beginning, and that most definitely includes you, whether you have the cojones to admit who you voted for in Michigan or not. You've been on the Trump train from the beginning with all your posts here from the "conservative TrumpHouse" and all your twisted logic attempts to explain why a lifelong Democrat in "republican" clothing was somehow an answer/solution to our Republican Congress that isn't as responsive to us voters as they should be. If you didn't vote for him, then you sure as shootin' did an awful lot of sympathizing with those who did. If it helps you salve your conscience to blame those who won't vote for Trump in November, then you just go on ahead posting that if it will help you sleep better at night. It won't change the fact that the Trump supporters and those who propped him up since last Summer, were warned repeatedly that a Trump nomination would result in a Hillary Clinton Presidency. The Trump supporters and those who propped him up have made their bed and now they'll have to lay in it and accept the results, win, lose, or draw. Actions have consequences.

23-Jul-16
"Does that also apply to his administration if he gets elected?"

You better believe it. IF Trump were to pull a rabbit out of a hat and actually get elected....if you think the Trump supporters react badly to criticism of him now..... Just wait until he is actually President and you try to criticize him. Wow. It will be the Bowsite CF the last 12 months, times 10. Which is one of the very reasons I've argued against Trump. Our Republican majority Congress would fight Hillary's bad initiatives SOME. Will they fight President Trump's bad initiatives? "Their guy"? Not on your life!

23-Jul-16
Great Post Anony Mouse!

23-Jul-16
joshuaf,

Anony Mouse is a highly respected poster here, who to the best of my knowledge has yet to insult, disrespect, or berate a soul over their voting choices. Your post above reads just like one of the Trump supporters posts, as if Jack and everyone else are not allowed to support anyone they darn well please, or not.

I believe much of the rancor between supporters of the various candidates is a direct result of the tone, tenor, and frequency of your posts, and it continues here. If we don't learn to disagree with people without disrespecting them, we'll never get where we want to be.

23-Jul-16
We know for certain who Hillary Clinton is and her record that is documented through elected public service. We know for certain her positions, her ambitions and course she will take America as a elected public servant. These things are indisputable and are facts that can easily be referenced because she has a RECORD of elected public service that can't be changed.

Donald Trump, despite all the machinations or beliefs that have been leveled against him does not have a record, pro or con as a elected public servant. No one save Jesus Christ Himself, will ever know what he will do until his actions as a elected official and that record becomes part of history that can truthfully referenced as fact.

Talk is cheap, and the tailor of the suit that many people wear here must have had a wonderful sense of humor.

All dispositions that has been formed against Donald Trump is from "referenced" material, garnered through media outlets, radio hosts, luminaries in their own minds, and, get this, believe it or not, from twitter posts. We conveniently roll them into a ball of belief of truth and facts, agree only to soothe are ailing souls.

How could the overwhelming majority of people, stupid that they are, choose this man as their candidate? So the stupid, uneducated people who have on a consistent basis and whose own champion has failed once again, proclaim from the highest mountain.

These people do not know Donald Trump and you do not know what he will do as a elected public servant. Propensity, declarations and predictions are borne out like our justice system, that being due process. Until the act that you believe will be committed is indeed committed, your allegations against him or anyone else are a indictment of your own failings. Those who proclaim to vote their conscience in this election have only one choice if you are of the beliefs that you have so vigorously championed here, or you are a charlatan.

There are things in this world we KNOW and things we do not KNOW.

There are murderers amongst US this very moment, possibly right here on this very site, who until this time have yet to shed a drop of blood or have committed a crime.

How could you know or predict who they are that you could indict them? That is how much you KNOW what Donald Trump WILL do in elected public service.

Conjecture, opinion, speculation, presume, hypothesize, surmise, and imagine to your hearts content. Let your conscience be your guide, as many so vehemently proclaim to rise above all else in this world, that would not even preclude the allegations against your own children to pierce your own ironclad conscience to your pillows content. Compare the candidates and lay them side by side.

Choose, and if it be Hillary Clinton, draw a warm bath, scalpel a vertical, parallel line in your wrist and do us all a favor, and may God have minimum mercy upon your soul.

Who cares about you or me? Most of the members here are old and living on borrowed time as it is, a sand wedge away from the bone orchard. This is not about our future. Our future is day to day no matter what you think or how you feel. The future of your children and grandchildren will be the beneficiaries of what you know, not what you think you know.

This is serious folks, the stakes and obstacles will be left for our families to navigate on their own, and the numbers are being stacked against them everyday. If Hillary Clinton be your choice or your action or inaction benefit her in any way, I will still buy you a drink to show you this is not personal. I will have the bartender piss in it for me however.

The Rock

23-Jul-16
troy X2

23-Jul-16

Stalker...please close your HTML.

Edit:

Never mind...fixed it with my post for further comments.

23-Jul-16
If Johnson is not viable, I will vote for Trump. However, I have no misgivings that he will NOT subvert my rights on par with a Clinton tenure. I just want Clinton to lose because that is the 2nd best outcome for which I can hope.

A Trump presidency by all logical estimation will be as Constitutionally and economically bad as Clinton and, because he is so detestable, he could very easily lose both bodies of Congress in a skinning. Very likely outcome.

I will offer Trump guys advice. Your guy won. Act like it. Your guy is, by all measures, a rabid leftist. Acknowledge it. Despite that he is still better than Clinton. Sell it.

These shaming memes and threads are small minded and counterproductive.

23-Jul-16
Trump was never "my guy". Cruz was...WAS.

There's ONE over riding reason why I will vote for Trump...SCOTUS.

The rest of what he says for the most part is good and I agree with most of it. But I don't know if I can trust him to follow through. However I KNOW beyond the shadow of any doubt that I cannot trust or abide by most all of what Hellary stands for. She's more than proven that.

And if people don't like the dialogue then don't turn every thread into a hate Trump thread. We get it.

23-Jul-16
Josh," Jack, you can go pound sand". Wow, Josh must have taken off his skirt, to get that out. What ignorance.

23-Jul-16
good grief.... it's come to this...

that pizzes me off even more.

Let me get this straight.... if the sleazy scumbag loses..... it's not his fault for, you know, being a sleazy scumbag... nor the 30-40% that pushed for and nominated a known sleazy scumbag.... it's the fault of the people confirming the known, proven and obvious facts.

So now we have come to the point where we are now coerced to outright lie. No different from the leftists. Smacks of a quasi-brownshirt fascist organization.

Thank you. I pretty much thought the country was screwed. This confirms it. We will get exactly what we deserve....

23-Jul-16
Exactly, TD. The loyalty oath is being drafted as we speak.

Frankly, it is creepy as hell.

23-Jul-16
TD,

What do we KNOW other than what you were told? That is all we KNOW. Exactly what we are told that is unless someone has Gods gossiping ear.

We all have a KNOWN problem. We believe everything we think except of course if it concerns us. Then of course we stutter our way to our own defense.

I was told Jack climbed the Beanstalk when I was a child. Time to put away childish things TD.

Hillary Clinton is enemy that must be defeated at all costs no matter how you spin it.

The Rock

24-Jul-16
Owl,

I could care less that Trump has won at this point. That matter has long been decided.

Kyle could back me up on this. I was a Cruz guy BEFORE most people here who were solidly backing Scott Walker and I claimed that Trump should have shot himself in the head when he commented on John McCain. Kyle remembers this. The only reason at the time I was Cruz was because he attended Princeton which NO ONE here even knew about. When Walker took the plunge Cruz became the new hero. I liked Trumps anti PC and in your face style apart from the normal politician. As Cruz fanatics mounted I further went Trump.

There should be a single mindedness here and only one person in the crosshairs: Hillary Clinton. When that job is completed impeach Trump or anything else for that matter. He chose a solid Republican with CREDENTIALS and a conscience which is so dear to those here, as his VP. Where were the hand claps? When he seats the SC the job has been completed on our part. Then we can pull out the blades and cut him to shreds if deemed necessary and that if is yet to be determined. Trumps first official selection has proved to be as he said he would and kept his word. Did that somehow escape everyone here? He is 1-0 so far. Again where are the hand claps for keeping his word on that score?

The Rock

24-Jul-16
I was never a Trump supporter. I will however pull the handle for him. I have friends and family that refuse to. One of them was a delegate for my state that walked out on the RNC. Thats cool. I appreciate their stance and proffer no ill will.

My only issue is aligned with Woods Walker. SCOTUS. There are simply too many of them that can check out in the next 4 to 8 years. We know who Hillary will pick, and that scares me. Our second amendment is the only thing that keeps the rest of them viable. That filthy bitch will most assuredly appoint liberal goons into the highest court.

Trump? Who knows? We do know that he is accountable to millions of disaffected Americans that are using him as their middle finger to the establishment politics.

Cruz says "vote your conscience". I am. I am rolling the dice on TRump, as my conscience will not allow to me take a chance on the Hildabeast.

24-Jul-16
I understand the SCOTUS theory. But I fail to see where Trump's history imbues significant confidence he'll appt. better than the murderous felon. The unknown versus the known I reckon. I caution against investing oneself in a favorable outcome.

24-Jul-16
Rocky, Good posts.

24-Jul-16
"Anony Mouse is a highly respected poster here, who to the best of my knowledge has yet to insult, disrespect, or berate a soul over their voting choices."

Troy, yes, he has, and this very thread is another example of it. I couldn't even begin to count how many times he's taken me to task here since last Summer because I just didn't "understand" the rise of Trump.

"Smacks of a quasi-brownshirt fascist organization."

Yep, and it's going to get sooo much worse before November, and way, way worse if Trump were to actually win.

"Cruz says "vote your conscience". I am. I am rolling the dice on TRump, as my conscience will not allow to me take a chance on the Hildabeast."

And I don't think Cruz would fault you for that. There's a reason he said "vote your conscience". He meant it.

24-Jul-16
I get that Owl, but once again...WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTION.

It's Hellary or Trump. Any other vote is like voting for your big toe. ONE of these two WILL BE appointing the next batch of SCOTUS judges.

We've don't really know who Trump would appoint I guess until it happens, but we DO know who Hellary would appoint.

And I for one DO NOT want to give that b**** the option!!!!!

24-Jul-16
Joshuaf,

Jack, you can go pound sand. The people most responsible for a President Hillary Clinton will be the people who have propped up Trump from the very beginning, and that most definitely includes you, whether you have the cojones to admit who you voted for in Michigan or not..

Joshuaf,

I don't know how old you are but do you recall who the Democrats running against each other were in 2008? It was Obama and Hillary Clinton. Now we all know who won so I won't bore you with why Hillary Clinton didn't win, you already know why and we all know why McCain didn't win or even come close.

Then in 2012 Obama won again against a very weak Republican, Mitt Romney. Makes me think that the RNC wants the Democrats to win.

So here we are in 2016 and the Republican voters have pretty much had it with the RINOS. Trump was not my choice but this is our presumptive Presidential choice and I will vote for Trump.

You choose to belittle Jack for whatever reason because he chooses Trump and perhaps from the get-go.

You say the people most responsible for a Hillary Clinton win is someone who has propped up Trump from the beginning? You are so wrong, remember she ran back in 2008 against Obama on the Democratic ticket and she lost.

Joshuaf, you are a very small man..you insulted my friend and a guy who has, as others stated been a Bowsite contributor for many years.

24-Jul-16
I've written for years, including during the McCain and Romney elections, and after, that the SCOTUS choice was enough to justify voting for the R.

What's funny is that I was repeatedly shouted down with arguments like "The Republicans gave us Roberts" "The Republicans gave us Kennedy" which are of course both true. It's not a guarantee when you're betting on human beings.

But the folks who shouted me down before now take it as gospel that Trump's SC picks will be conservatives like Scalia. The inconsistency is one more bit of evidence that Trump's following is cult-like.

Some of you will be insulted by that. That does not make it any less true.

24-Jul-16
The enemy is at the gate and many here realize that and will cast all else aside to vanquish her.

That is all needs to be known about one's makeup and character.

We must present a united front in word and deed directed at this singular threat. This point forward into Nov. no matter your personal feelings against Donald Trump, we must insure his victory.

We can always return to our squabbles, attacks and disagreements here on the CF which many find refreshing.

The Rock

24-Jul-16
This is scary but I have to hope that Trump will nominate conservative (?) SCOTUS judges. After listening to his kids I wish one of them were running.

With Hillary Clinton I believe we will get nothing but liberal SCOTUS candidates and maybe even illegal or Sharia nominees. So, having said that I really hope Trump wins.

24-Jul-16

Anony Mouse's Link

24-Jul-16

Anony Mouse's Link

We Must Have Hillary In Order To Give The Nation the Gift of Ted

From the link:

But consider this. Despite everything I just wrote, I am not, nor would I ever be, #NeverCruz.

Why?

Because I am #NeverLeft.

24-Jul-16
"We Must Have Hillary In Order To Give The Nation the Gift of Ted"

Mouse, Cruz is likely to run for President again in 2020 regardless of who wins in November. He knows that either one of them will be an utter disaster for Liberty, Freedom, the Constitution and for the Country.

24-Jul-16
And Cruz will be the lying disastrous politician for the repub's in 2020

24-Jul-16
So if Trump wins in November and appoints judges we agree are good for the country. Then 2020 comes a long. Either Trump will be the president we hope he says he is or Cruz will be the one on the ballot.

So why is it bad again to vote Trump on this ticket? Do we really want 4 years of Crooked Hillary with the reins until Cruz can get on the ticket in 2020? With liberal judges and no 2A rights anymore. Let's not forget the 550% increase in refugees.

24-Jul-16
The RNC themselves have made it known long ago the only person more hated than Donald Trump is Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz refuses to endorse Trump which angers the RNC further now that Trump is their only hope.

Fast forward to 2020. Where is Cruz going to get the funds to run a campaign?.....

from joshauf...;-)

Ted Cruz never was and never will be trusted by the RNC and he has committed political suicide. Time for private practice or a DNC run.

Ted Cruz is DOA. Scott Walker will be the next serious Republican contender because he has tested the waters and will be ready to jump in with both feet. That was a very smart political move he made when he quickly existed. He knew early on that this was not the year for the status quo and left with his head and reputation intact. He will be a force to be reckoned with if Trump should fail. He is young bright and now seasoned.

The Rock

24-Jul-16
I think Cruz and Kasich teamed up again, and both tried their best to put Trump down. It was devastating for both. Two clowns, ready for the circus.

24-Jul-16
I can see why the never Trump guys on here say what they say after comments like the last 2. SMH

24-Jul-16
Bent,

Bet your ass they did. They figured Texas and Ohio would derail Trump. What they will discover is that turncoats never make it to the river. Nobody likes a traitor.

Trump will win Ohio, Texas, Florida and the election leaving these sad souls to twist in the wind from the 5 strand hemp that they deserve. They will not be afforded EVEN the dignity of a new rope.

The Rock

24-Jul-16
"What do we KNOW other than what you were told?

good grief. just read what the man HIMSELF has said and written. This isn't conjecture... they are documented facts. I think you know that. But also think you can wave your hand and weave your way around it. Sorry, not with known facts. I just don't "think" he's a POS. I know for a fact he is.

Double koolaid on the rocks here....... same for that other guy at the bar.... they have much to forget...

But hey.... he's our POS... and better than theirs.... and this is what we are forced into.

Yep. we will get what we deserve... every bit of it...

25-Jul-16
Morally responsible? Nonsense.

Trump is responsible for earning people's votes. We are not responsible for simply handing them to him.

AFAIC, he has until about November 1 to earn my vote. He has not done so yet. And if Colorado goes as I suspect, I could vote for Mickey Mouse and it would not change the result.

25-Jul-16
"not the least of which is that the establishment hates him so much."

Spike, are we talking about the same GOP Establishment that acted like thugs and just helped Trump to shut down any organized opposition to him among the GOP Delegates at the Convention last week?

25-Jul-16
Legalize weed, and that's what you get.

25-Jul-16
Legalize weed, and that's what you get.

25-Jul-16
Colorado is constantly sliding the wrong way but I'm not so sure it goes blue this time. Obama did worse in 2012 than he did in 2008 and Hillary isn't popular here. It was 51% - 47% so thats 2 points that need to change hands to make it a horse race.

25-Jul-16
"Obama did worse in 2012 than he did in 2008"

I don't know how Colorado will go this year, but Obama did worse in most states in 2012 than he did in 2008.

25-Jul-16
Probably just me wanting to believe Colorado isn't as far gone as it is. This place was pretty great. I hope Wyoming doesn't lock the gate before I can get some career and family obligations arranged to allow a move. But, I won't blame them if they do.

25-Jul-16

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo
The majority of Christens did not vote for Cruz be cause they saw him for what he is, nothing more than a Evangelical Television Carnival Barker who proclaimed "GOD spoke to him" and his father claimed Ted was "Anointed By God"...

Ly'n Ted in fact proved himself to be Ly'n Ted at the convention for all of the world to see, except for his Seven Mountain/Christian Nationalist sycophant's.

One only has to read the lies and deceit they spread from their slithering tongues, their newest "gnashing of teeth" is the "Dem's want Hillary to loose" and "The truth is that a high portion of the hatred of Cruz comes from a hatred of God", proving once again they are deceitful disingenuous morally corrupt blatherskites.

25-Jul-16
"The majority of Christens did not vote for Cruz"

Cruz won among people who attended church on a regular basis. By quite a bit. In fact, several studies found that "regular/weekly church attendance" was the #1 leading indicator that you were opposed to Donald Trump and voted for someone else.

25-Jul-16
Please supply the "the several studies"

Sorry to burst your bubble but the majority of Christens do not attend service weekly and haven't for the last decade.

But please, keep spinning and deflecting with thy slithering tongue.

25-Jul-16
(!!!)

25-Jul-16
"Please supply the "the several studies""

You'll just have to spend some time going through old threads to find them. I posted them here when they came out, and no surprise you didn't pay any attention. Find them yourself.

"but the majority of Christens self-identified evangelicals do not attend service weekly and haven't for the last decade."

That much is obvious, and I never said they did. I said that Cruz won a higher % of the vote than any other candidate from those who do attend church on a weekly basis.

I'd love to test that theory out here on Bowsite. I'd bet a dollar to a donut that almost every single enthusiastic Trump supporter here, who have supported Trump proudly and enthusiastically from the start, do not attend church on a weekly basis.

25-Jul-16
But please, keep spinning and deflecting with thy slithering tongue.

25-Jul-16

26-Jul-16

26-Jul-16
RNC spokesman: Sometimes principle is more important than having a conservative Supreme Court

Begs the question: which is more important--holding to one's principals; or seeing the Constitution and BOR eviscerated by the appointment of liberal living document judges who will read into and out of our foundation document new views of freedom?

27-Jul-16
Having a hard time wrapping my head around this one Anony. Are you saying if the stakes are high enough it would be the right thing to support David Duke? Somehow it is ok to support and endorse scum if the alternative means you may have to fight, possibly even die to keep the rights and liberty that our Founding Fathers fought and died for?

27-Jul-16
I had a really, really .... negative post I've erased... about 3 times now.

ar x2. well put.

27-Jul-16
WTF is talking about David Duke?? Oh wait....the Hellary enablers.

Hellary/Trump. Pick one. If you don't you WILL get the one you wanted least.

27-Jul-16
"There are a number who continually post #neverTrump threads--and for what purpose?"

For what purpose are the constant Cruz threads?

At least Trump is a candidate. Trying to shame people into not speaking about their feelings?

Maybe you can get a group together and censor dissenters. Oh wait, Slade already is on top of that one.

Morally responsible?

Morally: based on principles that you or people in general consider to be right, honest...

Morals are bad now??^^^^^^

I first wanted Walker, then Cruz, but people like Trump, Crispy, and Bush will/would never get my vote.

I am #neverliberal which leaves Trump and Clinton off the table......

Feeling, shaming, and redefining = the way of the liberals

27-Jul-16
Slade I think what Josh is saying is that among professing, evangelical Christians Cruz carried the day. If you call those voters that believe in God "Christians" your numbers are very different. Just as the divorce rate is different between those "Christians" that darken the door on Easter and Christmas and those that are there nearly every time the door is open. Slade you might forget your keyboard and just stick to copying and pasting memes. To the topic, if Trump loses its his fault and his alone.

27-Jul-16
WW,

You didn't read the article Anony linked, did you?

27-Jul-16
I know exactly what the effects are if I decide to not vote for Trump. If I lose sleep, it wont be because I have any guilt.

My actions didn't give us the choices we have and if the GOP cant beat a candidate like Hillary, after coming off of 8 years of Obama, they have bigger issues than missing my vote.

If they want to lock up my vote, come and get it. There is time left and I wont vote for Hillary so Im what sales guys would call a hot lead.

I fully understand that there are points in life when you to make choices and none of the options are what you want. This is one.

Tip: I already know the disaster that Hillary is and I understand the effects of judge appointments. More about how bad Hillary will be wont close the deal. Insulting me or trying to play a guilt trip wont close the deal. Theres a few months left and I'm listening. Some things that might catch my attention are "freedom", "Constitution", "smaller government", "inaliable rights", "accountability" ...that sort of stuff. I dont like Trump and dont trust him. I do think there is a chance I will approve of some of his decisions but thats a wildcard. I know for a fact what it means to vote for someone you dont want or like. Its what I have done every Presidential cycle. Its eats at me and hasnt really accomplished anything, so I might just go hunting.

27-Jul-16
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yep. Well said Glunt. Well said.

28-Jul-16
Way back in under-grad I embraced the Utilitarian approach to ethical decision making, of the three we were taught. I came to believe that 'creating the greatest good for the greatest number' was in line with what I was being taught about scarcity in economics.

Others here appear to be using the Moral Rights approach.

Even though uncomfortable with supporting trump over Hillary (both terrible choices we are faced with IMO) I have concluded there is nothing inherently wrong in doing so. Nor, do I see any issue with those who will not support either candidate, even though that might contribute to one of the terrible, and possibly the more terrible, being elected. Stay true to...

28-Jul-16
""I'm not as much interested in what you say you will do, I'm more interested in what I know you've done.""

X 1,000

28-Jul-16
So Trump is bringing in more foreign workers to Mar-A-Lago. But he's going to build a Wall. Suuurrrreee he is. He's going to do it on his Oceanfront property in Arizona.

28-Jul-16
When I say "Come and get it", I am simply explaining that without some more solid conservative declarations and detailed plans, don't count on me automatically being on board. I don't trust any politician and I know the worth of a campaign promise but at least when a politician takes a firm stand on an issue, we have something to hold them accountable with. They will still break promises because there's no real punishment other than reputation and electability, but its something. My chances of voting for someone I actually want as President are gone. I could write Mike Rowe in I suppose.

Trump is who he is. That won't change between now and then.

It will interesting to see if he and Hillary go to the middle in the general. Thats normal but this is an odd cycle and both are having issues with their base. The Dems are farther left than normal already.

28-Jul-16
If you are bored and disgusted by political candidates and don't bother to vote, you are in effect voting for the entrenched Establishments of one of the two major parties, who rest assured are not dumb, and who are keenly aware that it is in their interests to keep you disgusted, bored and cynical and to give you every possible reason to stay at home on general election day. By all means stay home if you want, but don't bullshit yourself that you're not voting. In reality, there is no such thing as not voting: you either vote by voting, or you vote by staying home and tacitly doubling the value of some Diehard's vote.

So in effect not voting "for", "not voting at all", or "voting third party" is always "against". Sadly it is always against you, which only a idiot would choose no matter how you cut it.

The Rock

28-Jul-16
Jack is right.

Let reason rule.

28-Jul-16
Way back in under-grad I embraced the Utilitarian approach to ethical decision making, of the three we were taught. I came to believe that 'creating the greatest good for the greatest number' was in line with what I was being taught about scarcity in economics.

Which is the polar opposite of following a Constitutional republican form of government. You first operate within the limits of the constitution. To do the "greatest good for the greatest number" means you are deciding for people who can decide for themselves. That's known as a socialist utopia. Venezuela is now undergoing the inevitable fate of socialist regimes, because you always run out of other people's money.

28-Jul-16
It's hard to decide. Many months ago I knew I wouldn't vote for Clinton, Sanders or that Md. dude..so that left a field of 17.

I really liked Rand Paul, I believe he is a man of principle and an honorable man until I learned of his stance on foreign affairs, ok..scratch that..then there was Ben Carson..Dr. Carson is awesome and I hope he will fit into the cabinet somewhere. Then there was Ted Cruz. A constitutional conservative, so I voted for him in the Ky. primary. Thank God he didn't win..so that leaves Donald Trump, you know what, I think he is a good choice.

• Sitka Gear