Moultrie Mobile
Question for Bad Karma
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Anony Mouse 26-Jul-16
bad karma 26-Jul-16
26-Jul-16
Kevin...you may not be expert in all areas of law, but you are the closest we have here as our own personal legal guru.

Opinion/insight on this?

Can a Class Action Suit Against the DNC Be Filed By Bernie Sanders Donors?

Some Guy emailed me and asked a great question. Can a class action suit be filed against the DNC by Bernie Sanders donors?

They’ve been defrauded. Their donations never had a chance of making a difference because the DNC rigged the system. Their donations, in effect, went down a rat hole.

Any lawyers out there want to respond?

Thanks.

jack

26-Jul-16
I'm not an expert on class action suits. I am worried about what guarantee one would expect when donating to a political candidate. We didn't get a warranty refund when Romney ran the most inept campaign of at least the 21st century. Donors to Sanders weren't defrauded by Sanders, they were impacted by the fraudulent behavior of the DNC. (But did they have notice, with the super delegate rules such that this was an informed consent to playing a rigged game? ) Now, donors to the DNC run into the question about what they were expecting. I don't think that rides on any one candidate, or even guaranteed fair treatment, since the rules were out there.

I suspect the answer is no. I doubt donors to Blagojevich got a refund when he went to prison.

• Sitka Gear