NvaGvUp 27-Jul-16
bad karma 27-Jul-16
bad karma 28-Jul-16
27-Jul-16
Justice is served.

Marilyn Mosley is discredited.

"Freddie Gray case: Charges against three remaining officers dropped

The Baltimore Sun

'Charges against three remaining officers dropped; no charges stick against six officers in Freddie Gray case. Prosecutors dropped all remaining charges against three Baltimore police officers accused in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray in a downtown courtroom on Wednesday morning, concluding one of the most high-profile criminal cases in Baltimore history.

The startling move was an apparent acknowledgement of the unlikelihood of a conviction following the acquittals of three other officers on similar and more serious charges by Circuit Judge Barry G. Williams, who was expected to preside over the remaining trials as well.

It also means the office of Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby will secure no convictions in the case after more than a year of dogged fighting, against increasingly heavy odds, to hold someone criminally accountable in Gray's death.

Officer William Porter's trial ended with a hung jury and a mistrial in December, before Williams acquitted Officers Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson and Lt. Brian Rice at bench trials in May, June, and July, respectively .

In a hearing Wednesday meant to start the trial of Officer Garrett Miller, Chief Deputy State's Attorney Michael Schatzow told Williams that the state was dropping all charges."

27-Jul-16
I love it. Hope they make a big speech about it tonight at the democrat's convention. This is after millions in court cost and paying about six million dollars to the family of Freddie Gray.

27-Jul-16
The racist State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby should be disbarred, fined and thrown in jail for falsely charging the officers.

It won't happen, but it should.

27-Jul-16
Boom, down goes Mosby...

27-Jul-16
Mosby....

"without being able to work with an independent investigatory agency from the very start, without having a say in the election of whether our cases proceed in front of a judge or a jury, without communal oversight of policing in this community, without real, substantive reforms to the current criminal justice system -- we could try this case 100 times, and cases just like it, and we would still end up with the same result.""

Not guilty is Not Guilty you dumb _______

27-Jul-16
She is sad when the system is rigged - to protect the innocent.

27-Jul-16
Typical of incompetent people. Blame it on something other than your own stupid incompetence, and in this case.....racism.

27-Jul-16
"....maybe she can go work at McDonalds...."

LoL! I expect there will be a spot for her in the Hillary administration if elected.

Assistant AG?? No doubt!

27-Jul-16

slade's Link
STATE’S ATTORNEY MARILYN MOSBY SPEAKS

Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby held a news conference around 11 a.m. at the Gilmore Homes in West Baltimore, near where Freddie Gray was taken into custody.

It was the first time she was able to comment on the cases since Judge Williams issued a gag order barring both prosecutors and the defense from speaking publicly about them.

Chants of “we’re with you” broke out before the start of the conference.

“For those that believe that I’m anti-police, it’s simply not the case,” she began. I’m anti-police brutality. I need not remind you that the only loss and the greatest loss in all of this was that of Freddie Gray’s life. For over a year, my office has been forced to remain silent in all six of the cases pertaining to and surrounding the death of Freddie Gray. Despite being physically and professional threatened, mocked, ridiculed, harassed and even sued, we respected and fulfilled our obligation and dutiful silence in accordance with Judge Barry Williams’ gag order, restricting any commentary from the state. In accordance with my oath to pursue justice over conviction, I refuse to allow the grandstanding of some and the hyperbole of others to diminish our resolve to seek justice on behalf of this young man. I was elected the prosecutor. I signed up for this, and I can take it. Because no matter how problematic and troublesome it has been for my office, my prosecutors, my family, and me personally, it pales into comparison to what mothers and fathers all across this country… go through on a daily basis knowing their son’s mere decision to run from the police proved to be a lethal one.”

more wailing at the link

27-Jul-16
"......without having a say in the election of whether our cases proceed in front of a judge or a jury, without communal oversight of policing in this community,......"

In other words, Mosby is saying guilt or innocence should be based on public sentiment, not the law and not the facts.

She should be disbarred!

27-Jul-16
"It also means the office of Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby will secure no convictions in the case after more than a year of dogged fighting, against increasingly heavy odds, to hold someone criminally accountable in Gray's death."

Hey, how about Freddie Gray?

27-Jul-16
Apparently, the loss of the careers of some police officers, and their losses of having to undergo these trials, are not important to this idiot.

"without being able to work with an independent investigatory agency from the very start,

Tell me again that you're not anti-police

without having a say in the election of whether our cases proceed in front of a judge or a jury,

That's the defendant's choice, not yours.

without communal oversight of policing in this community,

What is this all about?

without real, substantive reforms to the current criminal justice system

The single best reform for Baltimore would be to replace you with someone competent....

-- we could try this case 100 times, and cases just like it, and we would still end up with the same result.""

And even with all of that you would fail, since you can't prove intent. Let's not also forget that if you try a case 100 times, and lose 100 times, that's a clue that you didn't have the goods and should not have filed charges in the first place.

Her public statement is disrespectful to the court, and symptomatic of ignorance of the professional responsibilities of a prosecutor.

She shouldn't even handle an unpaid parking ticket case from this day forward.

28-Jul-16
"...it pales into comparison to what mothers and fathers all across this country… go through on a daily basis knowing their son’s mere decision to run from the police proved to be a lethal one"

No one pointed out this does not occur on a daily basis, and MOST of the folks that do get shot are not just running away. And most have some type of weapon, usually a firearm, legal or not.

OTH, honestly officers, do we think that he really killed himself? Having boxed, I can tell you it would be pretty tough to bang your head hard enough to cause paralysis. I am NOT saying it did not happen that way, but, do you think it could have been avoided?

Yes, here goes the side you do not want to hear...All of this over a knife. I could care less about processing guys for knifes, personal amounts of drugs etc...It just seems the toll is too high for all, police, society.

Totally agree with the decisions though, and still question whether the tax payers should of been on the hook for $6.5M, being said with all sensitivities to the Grey family.

28-Jul-16
Actually, it's pretty easy to break a neck with the head all the way back. That's a lethal move taught in hand to hand combat.

So, yes, I can see it happening, and there is no evidence that anyone had a hand in his death.

Legal decisions are made on what can and cannot be proven, not what someone feels. At least, that's how it is supposed to work.

• Sitka Gear