TD 28-Jul-16
Hunting5555 28-Jul-16
Joey Ward 28-Jul-16
sleepyhunter 28-Jul-16
Coyote 65 28-Jul-16
AKMathews71 28-Jul-16
AKMathews71 28-Jul-16
27-Jul-16
I decided to post something other than election crap. Apparently Pacific Beetle Cockroach “milk” contains all of the essential amino acids and the protein crystal is estimated to contain three times the amount of energy found in dairy milk. It also has lots of lipids and sugars, so it’s kind of the total package in terms of nutrition. Researchers say the idea of “harvesting” roach milk isn’t all that obscure. How big are Roach teats?

27-Jul-16
I would rather milk a polar bear, their milk is one of the richest out there. I ain't milking a cockroach.

27-Jul-16
Let me think, uhmmm......no.

28-Jul-16
Is that what comes out when you step on one?

We call the big ones here 747s..... likely could milk one if you could wrestle her down....

28-Jul-16
it has to be an interesting story about why anyone would even study cockroach milk...

28-Jul-16
I'm betting its a typical story..... Gov't grants.....

28-Jul-16
As many as I've found in cereal boxes, I've never seen any of their milk. Maybe it's powdered?

I know their eggs are crunchy.

28-Jul-16
"Is that what comes out when you step on one? "

That's what I thought when I saw the title of this thread. Is it like how they make wine? Only you put 10,000 roaches in a barrel and stomp them into a milky mush? Ummmmm good. Psebow, helfino, Lobstah why don't you guys try this out and tell us the result.

28-Jul-16
Let me defend that government grant:) LOL!

Just thought I would try and be that liberal educator I am accused of being.

This story makes me want to give up milk completely! Thanks for putting these thoughts into my head!

28-Jul-16
I prefer human milk, it certainly comes in more attractive containers.

Terry

28-Jul-16
The story of roach milk says that a certain roach that produces live young & secrects nutrients for their young, much like mammals, I found interesting & fascinating. The article I went onto read stated that any attemps to "commercially milk" said roaches wouldn't be feasible, however, using synthetic means to create said crystals would merit further study.

28-Jul-16
I have heard that once you milk a roach...you have a friend for life...

28-Jul-16
The story of roach milk says that a certain roach that produces live young & secrects nutrients for their young, much like mammals, I found interesting & fascinating. The article I went onto read stated that any attemps to "commercially milk" said roaches wouldn't be feasible, however, using synthetic means to create said crystals would merit further study.

• Sitka Gear