HA/KS 21-Aug-16
FraDiavolo 21-Aug-16
WV Mountaineer 21-Aug-16
FraDiavolo 21-Aug-16
Anony Mouse 24-Aug-16
12-Aug-16
There will be an election this fall.

One of two flawed candidates will win.

My question is: what benefits to this countrydoes rabid anti-trumpism provide?

What exactly are its goals and expected outcomes?

Obviously, its main function is to prevent Trump from winning (which means giving Hillary the Presidency).

That being the case, is its true goal to "teach us a lesson" by making Hillary POTUS?

I'm sure that there are a number here who have the same questions about the reasoning and beliefs behind #nevertrump; especially when his negatives have been recognized by those who only see him as a slightly and hopefully better choice than Hillary.

Maybe josh and cohorts can get beyond their negative posts about Trump and actually explain "why" and the benefits their views will bring to the country.

Remember: either Trump or Hillary will be the next POTUS.

12-Aug-16
all true....but the fact is that Trump has no chance to become president. He has already screwed that up beyond redemption.

Time to focus on congress.

12-Aug-16
"Maybe josh and cohorts can get beyond their negative posts about Trump and actually explain "why" and the benefits their views will bring to the country."

If you have to ask....

Maybe I should send you a box of Q-tips, because you clearly have heard only what you want to from everything I've said since last Summer. There has been no lack of explanation from me and many others.

I find it extremely telling how you and others keep telling me and others that our views about it aren't important and no one cares what we have to say about it, and yet you and others continually insist that we shut up or stop expressing our views about it or try to shame us into not expressing our views about it. If no one cares, then why do you....care?

Contradictory. To put it kindly.

12-Aug-16
I don't know of I'm considered rabid anti-Trump, or even a cohort. Does not voting for the republican candidate automatically brand you that? Anyway, I'll give you my take.

I don't particularly relish the thought of Trump losing, or Hillary winning. Since Trump is largely an immoral, unprincipled, narcissist with an enormous ego to offset low character and little integrity, the thought of Trump winning and Hillary losing isn't particularly appealing either.

I think either candidate may well take us further down the road to destruction, but that is what the voters of this country apparently want, so fine by me.

I think that a Trump victory may well signal the death knell for the republican party, but that is what republican primary voters want, so fine by me.

I think that a Trump victory may well do irreparable and irreversible harm to conservatives and the conservative movement, which is what I consider this country's only chance at recovery, restoration, and preservation of the American way of life, and that is most certainly NOT fine by me.

The media and spineless republicans already do their dead level best to associate conservative and republican, and if Trump turns out the disaster we all know he very well could be, where does that leave conservatives going forward?

12-Aug-16
Trax,

You sound like Obama supporters from 2008.

For the life of me, I cannot name one conservative Trump has ever associated himself with prior to Pence. I cannot cite one conservative thing Trump has ever done, or conservative principle he has ever promoted or upheld. There is no legitimate reason to think Trump is going to suddenly become a conservative, except for feelings and faith in a man who has never shown to be worthy of either.

12-Aug-16
One only has to look at the never-trump agenda and those they align with.

For some nothing but Taqiyya of seven mountain/nationalists, the fanatical similarities are obvious. Look at the twaddle and "Gnashing of Teeth" they post about a man. They do not care about the consequences of Hillary, only thy political resurrection of thy anointed one in 2020 so thy prophecy can be fulfilled.

Some eat at the trough of Government and want their bread to continue to be buttered, let the others "eat cake".

While others are nothing but "true" republicans defending the establishment.

12-Aug-16
Reagen was once a democrat, I was once a liberal and Trump is now a conservative. Why? BECAUSE HE KNOWS IT IS THE BEST THING FOR THE COUNTRY!

12-Aug-16
Agree with SA

12-Aug-16
Well said, Jim!

12-Aug-16
"My question is: what benefits to this countrydoes rabid anti-trumpism provide?"

I only seeing it doing one thing...Getting Hillary elected!

12-Aug-16
"There is no legitimate reason to think Trump is going to suddenly become a conservative."

Oh my gosh! You still stuck on conservative values? It's time to put that aside. Either Hillary appoints the next Supreme Court Justices, or Trump will. I know I'd rather take my chances with Trump for that very reason. It really is that simple.

I don't believe we'll ever see a dye in the wool conservative in the White House again. Someone more middle of the road is what you're going to get and be lucky to get it, at least this time around.

I support Trump because Hillary would be even more of a disaster in my opinion.

12-Aug-16
Jack,Some people just can't shut up and have to keep it up ad nauseam,the type that needs to get the last word in no matter what, they drive people around them crazy and wonder why they have no friends.

12-Aug-16

slade's Link
"I cannot cite one conservative thing Trump has ever done, or conservative principle he has ever promoted or upheld."

Keep letting those slithering lies slide off thy forked tongue as the "Gnashing of Teeth" reaches a new crescendo.

12-Aug-16
It is not a given that Trump will be better than Hillary. He changes his mind often.Who knows what he will do.

12-Aug-16
We know what hell bitch will do !

12-Aug-16
Funny how someone who doesn't care about anything I say....sure seems to fret an awful lot about what I have to say.

"That being the case, is its true goal to "teach us a lesson" by making Hillary POTUS?"

There is a lesson being taught here, but it's by you, not me, and it's not a new lesson. You're teaching the RNC and the GOP Establishment, once again, that no matter what kind of Crap sandwich there is as the GOP nominee, you'll fall in line like a good minion, eat that Crap sandwich, and reliably be #AlwaysGOP.

Every second you spend defending Trump's Progressive views, Boorish behavior, and Pathological Lying, you lose credibility to attack Hillary's Progressive views, Boorish behavior, and Pathological Lying. And not just Hillary, but ANY Democrat in future races. You are completely shooting your credibility in the foot, not just with the voting public at large, but with Conservative voters like myself.

The GOP Establishment (U.S. Senators in particular) could have done more to stop Trump by backing Cruz when it was clear Jeb/Marco weren't going to be the nominee, but their dislike for the only strong Conservative in the race was so intense that most just couldn't bring themselves to do it. Ironically, some of those very same Senators may well lose their seats in the Senate on Super Tuesday because of Trump. Talk about betting on the wrong horse.

12-Aug-16
"Trump is now a conservative"

Really? Prove it.

Trump is not now, nor has he ever been, a Conservative. To mention him in the same breath as Reagan is just an indicator of how little you seem to realize about who both of those men were/are.

"Oh my gosh! You still stuck on conservative values?"

Oh my gosh! Yeah, we are!

12-Aug-16
Yep, the RNC & GOP Establishment were all in for Trump while secretly working behind closed curtains.

Please keep posting and removing any doubt.

12-Aug-16
slade,

Slithering lies and forked tongues really do it for you don't they? Pardon me while I point and laugh at your linked example of Trump's bonafides.

I think I saw in previous platforms, something about promoting conservative values, ideals, and principles too. Wasn't really true, was it? The giggles started when I realized that the lone example of Trump doing something conservative was at the republican convention. The one where he was accepting the republican nomination for president. A deathbed conversion.

12-Aug-16
You are held captive by no fault of your own.

The captives get to vote in the big election which door they go through, door #1 or door #2. Door #3 is freedom but its not an option.

You know door #1 results in a severe beating and back to your cell. You can probably take it, but you may have permanent damage.

Door #2 is a complete unknown. It could be freedom, an awful beating or something else. You get to kick one of the guards in the nuts before you walk through it.

The kicker is that a couple months ago all the captives got to vote in the pre-election on what two doors would be available. They knew what was behind the doors. Amazingly they didn't vote for door #3 for several reasons. It hadn't been used in years, the guard that opens it is very religious, smells bad and you have to give him a hug before going through, some captives feared freedom so they picked #1 and others just couldn't resist the chance to kick a guard in the nuts so they voted for #2.

In the first round, you voted for #3, of course. Not enough others joined you. Now its time to choose #1 or #2. Door #2 is likely a way better choice except that if you end up back in your cell after whatever happens, you will be going through this same process in a few years.

Option A: Vote door #1. No way. You can beat me to a pulp, but I won't cast my vote saying I want it.

Option B: Vote door #2. Odds are pretty good that its way better than door #1. You voted for it the last two times but door #1 won and you got the crap beat out of you.

Option C: Tell the guard to shove it. Kick him in the nuts anyway and let them throw you through whatever door they want. Never stop explaining to the other captives why door #3 is their best choice and why crappy door #1, and unknown door #2, are both the wrong choice from the beginning. You may get the worst beat down yet, but at least you kept some self respect and maybe even pushed a couple other captives closer to doing the right thing next time.

I don't know if option C is better than option B, but I get why some are choosing it.

12-Aug-16
"He is surrounding himself with strong conservatives for a reason, including his economic advisors. Right from the school of Ludwig Von Mises and Milton Friedman."

-Did you just evoke those men in defense of a guy who wants 35% tariffs, progressive tax rates and a huge increase in the federal minimum wage??? That's a travesty of misappropriation. Honestly, familiarize yourself with their positions. BTW, Trump is not a capitalist. Not in the classical sense or the functional sense.

12-Aug-16
There is no need for rabid anti-Trumpism.

There is Trump himself. That does say it all. (and he will)

You guys don't get it. It's not us you have to worry about that don't like Trump. I saw it written the other day.... I could vote for Trump, go out and hold a gun to to the heads of a hundred more people and make them vote for him. It won't matter one little bit.

It is Trump himself you need to be talking to. Fix the POS already, he's broken. He's rambling away like the guy pushing a shopping cart under an overpass.... I was told by many he was going to "pivot" once he had the nomination and quit being the drunken a-hole at the end of the bar. A handful of republicans thought it was "cute".... the rest of the country just sees a drunken a-hole.

You're candidate is what you need to focus on.... right now he's throwing the game.... already talking about "I'm not changing" and his "long peaceful vacation...."

If you can.... get your guy back in the game. He's blowing it, big time. And no matter how you spin it or if you hold your breath till you turn blue.... it doesn't have one damn thing to do with some of us who don't like him. Not one.

12-Aug-16
"It is not a given that Trump will be better than Hillary. He changes his mind often. Who knows what he will do."

True, but do you have a better idea of what Hillary will do? I can think of a few and none good.

Think of it like this. Trump is a rattle snake and Hillary a black mamba. Which one would you rather be bitten by?

12-Aug-16
TD nailed it...

12-Aug-16
"You do know corporations ARE the private sector until the Marxists and/or Fascists seize them, right? Trump is most certainly a capitalist."

-Man, I just don't have the time for you, Trax. Do some backreading on Kudlow, too. Best of luck with your voting aspirations.

12-Aug-16
I think Hillary will be a better president, hence my rabid anti-Donaldism.

12-Aug-16
When did the truth become our enemy? Pretending trump is something he is not is not being truthful.

Telling the truth is always the right thing to do - even if it seems to be in your short term benefit to ignore the truth.

We have come to the point that we have to lie about our candidate because the opponent is a liar?

The superecandidate trump is going to make America great again, but cannot stand the light of truth? His own statements are inadmissible into a discussion of the upcoming election?

12-Aug-16
The only thing hilary should be doing is - inmate.

12-Aug-16
"Think of it like this. Trump is a rattle snake and Hillary a black mamba. Which one would you rather be bitten by?"

Neither..I`ll rather be bitten by Gary Johnson. Yes,..he doesnt have a chance,..he doesnt have a chance because you will pick one of the two party favorites.

12-Aug-16
"Trump is most certainly a capitalist."

Trump is most certainly a trumpist. Whatever benefits Trump. That's all. He will however try to screw you out of your capitol if you do any business with him.... but that doesn't make him a capitalist....

12-Aug-16
TD, trump has been involved in hundreds (thousands) of business dealings for a long time. Where are the outraged and mistreated people who did business with him? If they are out there, why is the DNC not giving them practically wall to wall air time?

One of many mysteries about this election.

12-Aug-16
Henry...same thing with the present charges of racism against hispanics and blacks.

12-Aug-16
"Where are the outraged and mistreated people who did business with him?"

There have been stories about this, and I'm pretty sure they've been around since well before he decided to run for President.

12-Aug-16
He doesn't want to be in the ga,e anymore. He's angling for a job as commentator, political speaking engagements. Look at his recent words: "And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short ... it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

What's most telling about Trump's plans and his return to a "very good way of life" is his entire presidential bid is and has been all along just about himself. His entire motivation is personal fame, power and vanity. Someone who runs for president to genuinely help his country and people would say that even if they lost they would still work as hard as they could for the benefit of the nation. That is obviously not Donald Trump.

12-Aug-16
not hearing much about it josh, so it can't be that big of a deal - unless the dems believe that trump is no threat to their agenda even if he wins in November.

12-Aug-16
"Pretty sure" josh? Like you were POSITIVE that Trump wouldn't be the nominee?

Then it must be true.

But don't worry, you'll get your wish and Hellary will be the POTUS and Trump won't, so don't fret.

12-Aug-16

Salagi's Link

12-Aug-16
So, if trump loses, it is the fault of those who did not want him to be the nominee because (among other reasons he was the candidate most likely to lose to hilary?

Couldn't afford tuition for logic 101, or didn't have the prerequisites?

Mom "Junior, don't pick up that rattlesnake. It will bite you."

Junior "Mom, I love that rattlesnake. It is so much more friendly than the mamba over there."

Junior picks up rattlesnake, gets bit, and blames mom because she said picking up the rattlesnake was a bad idea.

12-Aug-16

HA/KS's Link
For Salagi

BTW, I don't buy either one,

12-Aug-16
If Trump loses it will be because not enough people voted for him, and then Hellary will win. It really is that simple.

12-Aug-16
If a democrat is elected it will be because the republicans nominated a candidate that could not get enough people to vote for him.

12-Aug-16
Henry - looks like you have to be a subscriber to read your link (or at least more than the headline).

As I've said before, I don't like either of them and I know Christians will be divided by that lack of choice. But, it is back to the poison pill analogy. You have a choice between 2 pills, one is deadly poison and one might be. If you don't choose one will be forced down your throat. Which do you choose. For me it is as simple as ABC.

12-Aug-16

Anony Mouse's Link

13-Aug-16
Sorry, Salagi. The point is that people professing to be Christians have tried to convince people that God is on both sides.

As nearly as I know, trump is the only candidate who claimed people should vote for him because he is a Christian.

I have never voted for or against anyone because of their claimed religion.

13-Aug-16
DNC HA?

The DNC won't have to lift a finger. When the Trump U trial comes up the MSM will run it wall to wall. Bet on it. But I'm sure the deep thinkers had an answer to all this that was public knowledge going in... was to happen.

And likely tie in a few anecdotals from those who were shafted when he declared his bankruptcies.... or at least one of the four.....

DNC doesn't have to lift a finger nor spend a dime.

13-Aug-16
"not hearing much about it josh, so it can't be that big of a deal"

Keep in mind it's only August. I'm sure Hillary's campaign has a whole treasure trove of Trump goodies they'll unleash on the public between now and Super Tuesday.

Trump has a reputation of not paying his contractors the agreed upon price for their services.

15-Aug-16
15-Aug-16
hey, cuba's great

we should resemble their success

16-Aug-16
Ya want a solid factual refute to every.... single.... point.... above? Does reality even register anymore?

It's easy, do it in my sleep. If you're a fan of facts and reality you would also.

But I won't. Lest I be called that ever so big tent inclusive shining city on the hill "a Hillary supporter who's soul will burn in hell!".... as will guaranteed the person they themselves support....

16-Aug-16
LOL! We get it TD...You're With HER!

C'mon, just come out and say it. We all know it.

16-Aug-16
"C'mon, just come out and say it. We all know it."

LOL! We get it WW...you got an A+ in Dishonesty 101 and an F in Logic 101!

C'mon, just come out and say it. We all know it.

16-Aug-16
joshuaf: "I'm sure Hillary's campaign has a whole treasure trove of Trump goodies they'll unleash on the public between now and Super Tuesday."

Or at least you are hoping they do....right?

16-Aug-16
You've been Conned. Trump isn't trying to win this election. Not spending any money on ads. New poll shows him down by 14% in Virginia, only pulling half the % of non-college whites that Romney did in 2012. Non-college whites *should* be Trump's bread and butter. Turn out the lights, the party's over.

16-Aug-16
Hey josh, go pound sand. You big faker. You've made it QUITE obvious where you stand. Hellary will win so you'll get your wish. You BS isn't bought here anymore.

So now go post some tweets from twits to make your point.

But know this....you're not fooling anyone.

16-Aug-16
WW, there is a difference between wanting Hillary to win and not trusting Trump.

I find it hard to support a guy that's not even running a campaign. Hillary could not have picked a lazier opponent. I've spent more on dinners this month as he's spent on getting his word out.

He's not giving anyone a reason to vote for him. What's the theme of his campaign? I have no idea.

The rabid Trump-lovers will vote for him. That might get him to 30%.

16-Aug-16
Trump beat out how many so called Republicans...17? I like Trump and think he will be a great President.

Why do you think that all the Republicans on the stage with him failed? Not a single one came even close to him.

16-Aug-16
Looking forward to a historic defeat and the definitive end of Donaldism.

16-Aug-16

idacurt's Link
You people watch way too much TV! the propaganda machine is working overtime and you guys are buying it,what a shame.

16-Aug-16
ida, it is obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that hilary is unattractive and dishonest, yet, why is the trumpster trailing her even in possibly red states?

All of the crowds at (or not at) all of the rallies are a drop in the bucket to what it will take to win the election.

16-Aug-16
I take a lot of online polls...and EVERY ONE I've taken has Trump DESTROYING Hillary by double digits. That's including polls from NBC and ABC, with sample sizes up to 50,000.

Funny how I never see them register on RealClearPolitics polls...

It's "hinky"...

16-Aug-16
I'll echo bad karma. Trump is mailing it in. At best, he is keeping his powder dry because he isn't financing his campaign and he isn't raising much. Maybe he's praying for an October surprise. More likely, he is doing exactly what many feared: deliberately setting up Hillary's victory. Nobody could be as bad as he without purpose.

16-Aug-16

Anony Mouse's Link

16-Aug-16
Mouse, has anybody pointed that out to trump?

16-Aug-16

17-Aug-16
"It's still a little bit early."

If the race were close, yes.

It's not.

Trump so far is getting lapped by Romney's numbers in just about every state they've done any polls in. Romney lost, and it wasn't a nailbiter.

17-Aug-16
Why are you guys following polls?

Follow guys like Nate Silver who use real data and past elections to predict the outcome. He has been 100% accurate at state level the last 2 elections.

Trump is done. He's entering Mondale territory. 12% chance of winning and falling.

Why won't a staunch GOP supporter like myself who has voted GOP 7 elections in a row NEVER vote for Trump.

I have a high standard for my leaders and railed against people like Bill Clinton. Trump is worse than him. He is the epitome of everything that is wrong with a leader.

I am glad he has no chance - he would destroy our party if he won. I know many good men/women who are seriously thinking about leaving the party if he wins - these are deep rooted GOP followers.

Trump disappointed on so many levels. Probably the biggest disappointment is the fact he has no clue what he is doing. Critics are right. He's just some guy who inherited a bunch of money and threw darts at a board and sometimes he won and many times he lost.

Too bad.

17-Aug-16

elkmtngear's Link
You mean this Nate Silver, who is squirming in this article, to try to justify the fact that he was dead wrong about Trump initially? (see link)

17-Aug-16
"Why are you guys following polls?

Follow guys like Nate Silver who use real data and past elections to predict the outcome"

Yeah, a lot of that real data is called..."polls". Silver relies hugely on polls to help predict the outcome.

17-Aug-16

idacurt's embedded Photo
idacurt's embedded Photo

17-Aug-16

17-Aug-16
tru, what about those who only listen once, make up their mind, and never change? There is a certain percentage of the electorate that would fit that description.

If they are only hearing one side when they make that decision, they will likely never listen to the other candidate.

17-Aug-16
Hillary's campaign is stopping their spending money in Colorado and Virginia in mid September. You do that when it's no longer a race according to your internal polling.

18-Aug-16
"You do that when it's no longer a race according to your internal polling."

Pretty sure Pennsylvania was on that list also.

18-Aug-16
"what about those who only listen once, make up their mind, and never change?"

That's me. I've supported Trump since the beginning and will continue. The fact that politicians in DC don't like him makes him that much more appealing to me.

18-Aug-16
100% in last 2 election fellas. He uses SOME polls but mostly uses past election and demographic data.

12%. Trump is done. Had he not been an absolute moron he may have had a comeback. he's so incompetent I wouldn't let him wash my car.

18-Aug-16
"The fact that politicians in DC don't like him makes him that much more appealing to me."

A lot of politicians didn't like Hitler, Mao, Stalin and a host of other world dictators, either, but that didn't mean they were great guys. That is an...."incomplete"...standard by which to judge. At the very least.

"He uses SOME polls"

No, he uses a huge amount of polls.

18-Aug-16
"You never elect the person."

Convenient position, when your candidate is as vile as Trump!

18-Aug-16
Oh yes, a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, bankrupt, serial philanderer who adores Vladimir Putin and wields a mighty Fifth Grade vocabulary is certainly "flawed in many ways."

Clinton is a moderate corporatist, not a socialist. I still hope her Sup Ct picks will overturn Citizens United.

18-Aug-16
Why rabid anti Cruzism? He's not even a candidate but Anonymouse can't quit bashing him and the fellow republican voters that voted for him.

18-Aug-16
"Oh yes, a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, bankrupt, serial philanderer who adores Vladimir Putin"

Prove it,post one thing that supports your comment,you can't because you've been brainwashed by CNN and their lies. Enjoy voting for Hillary turning a blind eye to the corrupt clinton foundation,Email debacle and her serial rapist husband. All this is a mute point anyway,she won't make it past the first debate.

18-Aug-16
Rabid anti-Trumpism--what good is it?

Rabid anti-Hilliaryism--what good is it?

"What difference does it make?"

Good to see everyone still whining and arguing about which turd on your dinner plate will taste better.....

18-Aug-16
"Oh yes, a bigoted, racist, misogynistic, bankrupt, serial philanderer who adores Vladimir Putin and wields a mighty Fifth Grade vocabulary is certainly "flawed in many ways."

God I hope he wins!!!

18-Aug-16
"Prove it,post one thing that supports your comment"

Well let's see -- there's suggesting that American judge of Mexican heritage should recuse himself from a case, labelling Mexicans rapists and murderers, arguing that Megyn Kelley was asking difficult questions because she was having her period, three bankruptcies on record, and three wives, dating one while married to another and boasting of the many women he slept with. He says he admires Putin and, listening to him speak, one hears a fifth grader, not only in his vocabulary, but in his manner.

"This next election could hand our courts to the socialists"

Where are these socialists you keep whining about? Surely you don't mean the rags to riches Clintons!

18-Aug-16
What good is "rabid anti-Trumpism?"

It's free speech. Good or bad, or anything in between, it's the right of people who want to think that way.

18-Aug-16
Trax --I guess if I lived in your particular bizarro-world I might feel the same way. But since I live in the reality-based world, I see things rather differently.

18-Aug-16
"This next election could hand our courts to the socialists."

You mean like Roberts and his Obamacare?

Maybe Trump's sister?

18-Aug-16
Socialist states have a very few who control all of the wealth. They believe that socialism is just for the masses. obama, soros, hilary, and most of the tech billionaires fit in this category.

19-Aug-16
"The blind sheep like apparently yourself have finally found out."

?? UWM

Compare me to blind sheep when you follow the pied piper?

Must be a trumpette. ......

20-Aug-16
I have followed Clinton news for many years -- you might be surprised to learn that I voted for GHW Bush and Bob Dole. I am aware that they walk a fine line, ethically. However, I am also aware of their abilities and policies, which I believe are far better than those offered by today's Republicans and their odious candidate.

21-Aug-16

21-Aug-16
"Yup, you are almost far enough right to be a RINO!"

To be sure, that's as far right as I could ever go. Have always been a liberal socially, but was somewhat conservative fiscally.

I even voted for W the first time (god forgive me). The Patriot Act and the invasion or Iraq turned me full time liberal. That's also when I saw that the Republicans were just "borrow and spend" rather than "tax and spend." I think the latter is the sounder policy.

21-Aug-16
The Invasion of Iraq kept domestic terrorists attacks to zero after 9/11. They have been rampant since then.

You don't tax during time of war. You borrow, then raise taxes to to pay that off after the war. Or, better yet you control government spending afterward, and pay it off without raising taxes.

You really are a one sided, tunnel visioned liberal sheep. Borrowing hasn't curbed under this administration. We are currently borrowing 45 cents of every dollar we spend. Our deficit has reached truly in to the 20 trillions. This president even addressed the fact that there is no need to operate on a balanced budget. therefore, borrowing has increased under him. Clinton promises to keep Borrowing plus raising taxes!!!!!!! Are you a idiot? Do you even realize the effect this is going to have on the US economy?

To put it Bluntly, we are going to get less disposable income. We are going to lose further Middle class opportunity. We are going to have more free rides, more bills to pay, with less money to pay them with. It will essentially kill the desire to work.

I know it is common thought among liberal economists that borrowing against the sovereign power of the Untied States is a cool idea with no ramifications. But, that isn't the case at all. It enforces NAFTA policy to grow other middle class besides America, while putting the tax burden on working America. We are double dipping here with no foresight to stop NEEDLESS government spending. This is not wise and it is not sustainable on it's current course.

You are not a fiscal conservative. Not even close.

21-Aug-16
Fra, you're either lying to us or yourself. The latter is on you but the former will be called out every time -as evidenced by WV M.

21-Aug-16

HA/KS's Link
I believe in tax and spend. Only spend it after you have the revenue.

If spending had been kept the same (not cut, just held steady) we would not have a deficit.

WV, the debt is over $20 trillion, the deficit is not.

21-Aug-16
"The Invasion of Iraq kept domestic terrorists attacks to zero after 9/11. They have been rampant since then."

First time I've heard that argument (which I would not bother to refute).

"You don't tax during time of war."

Strange. The income tax was instituted during the Civil War. It became permanent during the 1st World War. WWII introduced tax withholding. During Vietnam we had a surtax to pay for the war. You're on even thinner ice than your first statement.

But, look boys, I didn't confess my past errors so you'd think better of the poor liberal among you. Rather, I wanted to bring you hope that you too could escape the lies and soul-bending hypocrisy of hard right conservatism.

21-Aug-16
I can see when debating with you, you twist and turn things to try and make your argument. So, I'm going to have to slow down and quit operating on the idea that you are even slightly interested in getting the liberal vs. conservative debate correct.

Please understand, that when conservative people debate with one another, they understand enough common sense that everything doesn't have to be spelled out like it does when a liberal is involved. So, let me explain it a bit better.

Obviously, the domestic terrorist attack statement meant under Bush's reign involving Al-Qaeda.

Obviously, we all know the government requires a certain amount of tax revenue to operate. With a population 1/10th the size it is currently and, no Federal Reserve Bank to borrow from, things were a bit different during the civil war.

But, you can use those as a "gotcha" if that makes you feel better. Because we all know valid facts will not support your side of the argument. Boy, you really showed me with that "I told you so." insinuation.

21-Aug-16
And you are showing that you can't face facts.

24-Aug-16

Anony Mouse's Link

• Sitka Gear