TD 17-Aug-16
keepemsharp 19-Aug-16
HA/KS 21-Aug-16
HA/KS 21-Aug-16
HA/KS 21-Aug-16
HA/KS 21-Aug-16
15-Aug-16
From the right: Olympic Story They Won’t Tell You

You probably haven’t heard much — if you’ve heard anything at all — about US athlete Kim Rhode, even though she’s just made history by becoming the first woman to win a medal in six straight Olympic Games. Why the media silence? Probably, says Andrew Stiles at Heat Street, because she’s a skeet shooter — which means she “used a gun to win her medals, even if it’s the kind of gun that most gun-control advocates don’t want to ban.” Moreover, “Rhode spoke at the Republican convention in 2012, and is a vocal defender of the Second Amendment.” So while fencer Ibtihaj Mohammed garners acclaim for competing while wearing hijab, “predictably, Rhode has not received anywhere near the accolades — whether from feminists or the media — for her historic accomplishment.”

16-Aug-16
People with pens, and people who buy ink by the drum.

Congrats to her! But no shock the leftist media will bury it....

16-Aug-16
I think she is a great young lady and I did applaud both Ms. Rhode and Ms. Thrasher. Both for an up and coming and one a tried and true Olympian.

17-Aug-16
She had a nice story done on her by NBC.

You can look for a conspiracy about anywhere, I guess, but if you are not in the big 3-4 sports, you are going to get less coverage.

Are you equally (mock) outraged for the lack of coverage for Ian Millar?

17-Aug-16
I seriously doubt many of the "secondary" sports get the nasty comments and tweets the shooting sports do. the young lady who won I believe the first gold of these games for the US was vilified online.

OK.... maybe synchronized, um.... whatever, gets a good deal of negative comments too.....

19-Aug-16
She just had a good interview on Fox.

21-Aug-16

HA/KS's Link

21-Aug-16
Snopes has a list of all the places the story was covered. Apparently even huffpo and PBS covered it.

21-Aug-16

HA/KS's Link
"What began with the elation of an American woman making history in her sport ended in disappointment with NBC telling us how little it mattered.

The wrestling community reacted en masse when the reign of 16-time world champion and Olympic medalist Saori Yoshida, a living legend and pioneer in the sport, came to an end at the hands of 24-year-old American Helen Maroulis.

The response from NBC? Hardly a peep."

21-Aug-16

HA/KS's Link
"If they covered Ryan Lochte over my match, well, I think that’s a poor decision on their part, but I’m not running the show. My job is to be a wrestler, and I stepped on the mat and did what I needed to do. I’m happy with the results.”"

22-Aug-16
she had lots of coverage around where I live...but we shoot a lot of skeet in the Midwest. You can get a nice scholarship to college around where I live if you are good in one of the shotgun disciplines.

• Sitka Gear