Thumper 26-Aug-16
HA/KS 27-Aug-16
Woods Walker 27-Aug-16
Woods Walker 27-Aug-16
South Farm 29-Aug-16
TD 29-Aug-16
25-Aug-16

Woods Walker's Link

"A boycott against Target over its bathroom policy seems to be costing the retailer more than anyone expected.

The boycott started in April after Target announced that it would welcome transgender customers to use any bathroom or fitting room that matched their gender identity.

The announcement triggered an immediate backlash. Critics said the policy opened the door for sexual predators to victimize women and children inside the retailer's bathrooms, and more than 1.4 million people signed a pledge to stop shopping at Target unless it reversed the policy.

But Target didn't back down.

Now shopper traffic is declining for the first time in years, and the company is installing single-occupancy bathrooms in all of its stores to give critics of the policy more privacy. The new bathrooms, which already exist in a majority of Target stores, are costing Target $20 million to install, Fortune reports.

The company revealed its traffic declines last week when it reported second-quarter earnings.

Target's same-store transactions, which is how traffic is measured, fell 2.2% in the second quarter. Overall, sales fell 7.2% to $16.2 billion."

25-Aug-16
My wife and I decided after this happened last spring was to never set foot in a Target store again. And we haven't/won't, and apparently a lot of other people are doing the same thing.

All these progressive morons had to do was WHAT THEY JUST DID FOR 20 MILLION BUCKS....simply put in single use bathrooms for the statistically non-existent number of mentally ill people who don't understand what sex they are. But noooo....they had to jam their liberal bullsh*t down the throats of the other 99.999% of their customer base.

I hope they go bankrupt.

25-Aug-16
I've boycotted them for years because they are anti hunting and fishing. X2 on the bankruptcy!

25-Aug-16
And the poorly confused are still singled out as a minority because they have to use a "segregated" bathroom...what is the left to do?

26-Aug-16
It's interesting.... upper management are normally the "elitists" in the population. When they hang out together it almost seems they have PC contests. And live the double life of firing/cutting positions, withholding contractor payments, etc.... painful decisions.... without the physical confrontation it involves, insulated from things that are personally painful, or at least uncomfortable.

So having little connection with not only their labor force but in many cases their very customer base..... they have placed an inordinate amount of value on being at the front edge of cultural PC. Almost little contests of who can be the most culturally and..... whatever.... sensitive. They are clueless as to those who support them.

Hopefully all this blows up in their upturned noses.....

26-Aug-16
TD, I believe that is an apt characterization of how these inordinately out-of-touch policies get implemented.

On a related note, I never understood the "I don't do boycotts" mentality. Boycotting is nothing more than exercising one's market force. We do it everyday with every buying and selling decision we make. To remove one's higher order thinking from market decisions is a deliberate act of serfdom.

26-Aug-16
Never liked Target anyway. They can out of business for all I care. Bending over for gays and transgender people they deserve what they get.

26-Aug-16

Woods Walker's Link
Now they're trying to buy back the customers they told last spring to go **** themselves.

Big 10% off EVERYTHING sale this Sunday at Target. Hopefully in 6 months it'll be a 60% off everything in the store including the shelving and fixtures.

26-Aug-16
I don't do Starbucks or Target and haven't for many years. McDonald's makes good coffee but I prefer home brew or Dunkin Donuts coffee. Also have a really great Royal Farms coffee mug that goes with me everywhere and I stop in there to get refills from time to time. They have great chicken too. They have a great mug that is real big on the bottom and you can set in in a boat and not worry about it tipping over.

26-Aug-16
Out here in corn country we have Casey's General Stores. Gas, donuts, pizza, coffee, etc. And their price per gallon is generally .10 to .30 a gallon cheaper than 6 miles east when you get to the edge of the Chicago suburbs.

And I don't need Target when I've got Farm & Fleet!!!

26-Aug-16
I've boycotted them for years. But just for grins in the last couple months I've stop in at a few stores to use their restroom. I wouldn't ask where their restrooms were located, but I'd ask where the womens restroom was located, always left the seat up too,

27-Aug-16
The trouble with boycotting is that pretty soon you run out of places to do business.

I don't do target, and Casey's are generally good places for gas and a quick bit to eat. The cheesy potato bites are too good.

27-Aug-16
YUP!

27-Aug-16
Henry: Our Casey's here now have their own version of a Subway (less the pedophile pitchman!!). They're not bad either....and cheaper.

29-Aug-16
It should probably come as no surprise Target is headquartered out of Minnesota, land of 10,000 liberals. (I wish we only had that many!)

29-Aug-16
I have helped the boycott as much as possible. I know for a fact I have not set foot in a target store in over 20 years.

I have some bad news for you guys that are upset about the target policy though.....the men who wear women's clothing have been using the woman's bathrooms everywhere they go for decades at least.

Law or no law you will have men using the restroom with your wives and daughters and there is really nothing you can do about it.

29-Aug-16
True dat. Lots of laws/policies/rules that are broken every day and only those who break them know about it....(or until they are caught) Many others are poorly or rarely enforced. Jaywalking for instance.

Doesn't mean you get rid of the law/rule. Removing/changing the law is essentially tacit social approval or even encouragement of bad, deviate or unsafe behavior.

• Sitka Gear