Shuteye 29-Sep-16
Anony Mouse 29-Sep-16
Squash 29-Sep-16
WV Mountaineer 29-Sep-16
Glunt@work 29-Sep-16
Anony Mouse 29-Sep-16
29-Sep-16

spike78's Link
I love the Generals comment on this lol. And he is correct, two years to decide on a handgun is rediculous.

29-Sep-16
Will probably be Beretta or S&W in 9 mm or .40. 45 is too heavy and has accuracy problems compared to the others.

29-Sep-16
Smith & Wesson M&P9 Eliminated from Army Handgun Competition

The Army’s Modular Handgun System competition continues to chug along, shedding contenders which don’t make the cut. The latest victim, according to Smith & Wesson’s own SEC filings, is the S&W M&P9.

The concept behind the MHS competition is to find one firearm platform that can be modified to fit any role, from full size combat handguns for front line troops to compact concealable versions for investigators and military police. Previously the military had to stock completely different firearms to fit each specific role which had the unfortunate consequence that none of the magazines or spare parts fit and the gunsmith spare parts kit size pulled a Donald Trump.

We have already seen a couple competitors fall away, and S&W isn’t a surprising addition to the discard pile. Still in the running are the top competitors in my opinion: GLOCK and SIG SAUER. The GLOCK 17M and 19M have a lot of parts commonality and can achieve the requirements of the contract with an existing and proven system. SIG SAUER’s P320 on the other hand is tailor made to exactly meet the spirit of the contract by providing an extremely modular handgun system. Personally I think the P320 is going to be the eventual winner but we will have to see.

29-Sep-16
Figures, the only manufacturers in the running are located in Austria and the other is only half USA, the other half is Germany.

29-Sep-16
Any gun the military uses will be made in the good OLE USA. That is federal law. God Bless

29-Sep-16
I'm guessing it will be Sig or Beretta.

Since we already paid for them, sure would be nice if they released all the M9s to us via lottery :^)

29-Sep-16
Glunt...I read earlier that Beretta has already been eliminated.

As for releasing the M9s to civilians...don't hold your breath. The USG 1911's were supposed to be released to the CMP program,but have yet to be available. There is a move to have them just scrapped.

Unless there is a change in DC, a Clinton administration will continue and increase attacks on the 2A where ever possible.

• Sitka Gear