Shuteye 12-Oct-16
Rocky 12-Oct-16
Sage Buffalo 13-Oct-16
Brotsky 13-Oct-16
Rocky 13-Oct-16
08-Oct-16

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
This little girl loves to ride her daddy's four wheeler. They were scouting for deer. He has an uncle has a little girl that has been deer hunting with him for several years. Another friend that hunts with them taught his daughter to hunt at an early age. She killed a doe with a muzzle loader and they brought it up to the farm. She field dressed it very well. She had killed several does and then she got a buck. We were watching her field dress the buck and when she got down to the crotch she said, " Dad, I need some advice here, I'm not used to this different plumbing." A couple years ago her dad and I were hunting near my house and she called and said she had killed a deer, field dressed it and had it hanging in their barn. He said she liked to rub it in.

08-Oct-16
shuteye,

That beauty is an angel disguised as a flower ( the little one) ;-)

Unfortunately not all little girls have this opportunity and environment to promenade but their happiness is no less enjoyable if their parents would make it so. If.......

The Rock

08-Oct-16
My daughter reminded me that she used to deer scout with me when she was a little girl. She is now in her 50's and said we always had deer meat in the freezer. Made me remember she used to help me cut firewood and momma would have a lasagna waiting for us when we came out of the woods. I miss those days. BTW she did bowhunt with me and killed a big ol' boar hog with her bow. She watched a big hawk chase a squirrel all around a tree she had climbed with a climbing stand in my woods.

09-Oct-16
The most cherished of all the things God bestowed on us is our memories and the ability to draw on them, make them new, and live them once more. Most notably when we are alone and can savor those heart felt moments in our life and can almost touch them again.

The Rock

09-Oct-16
I have always tried to instill in my Grand Children the beauty and majesty of the Great Out Doors. It seems to have taken with the older set, the younger ones, sadly, suckle at the electronic tit and could care less. Recently I have been Blessed with a Great Grand Daughter. It is my sincerest wish that the Great Architect of the Universe leaves me enough time to teach her as well. Sadly, He has reminded me my days ahead are definitely numbered.

09-Oct-16
absaroka6,

You have been blessed a thousand times over and your Great Grand Daughter another to cherish.

Our days are numbered from our first breath. I pray your length is longer than you could ever have imagined and your off springs the beneficiaries.

The Rock

09-Oct-16
Thank You

10-Oct-16
I have both a son and a daughter that are in their 40's now. Nothing against the boys but little girls are so neat. Dads should spend way more time with them while they are growing up!

10-Oct-16
I live in an isolated community of mostly summer homes in the middle of a national forest. Sunday had a couple of kids about 6 and 8 come knocking on the door.

They had hand drawn pictures for all the neighbors. As they were leaving the wife gave them some bookmarks with holloween images. I told them to be sure to use the bookmarks because "readers are leaders".

I closed the door and they walked to the edge of the porch and I could hear them discussing the next receipiant, she gets the dog picture, because she really likes dogs.

Somewhere in this little community someone knows how to raise kids.

Terry

10-Oct-16
Terry, I know some kids like that!

11-Oct-16
Terry, I'm super blessed to have some kids like that!

It obviously starts with the parents but it takes a village. Grandparents, parents, schools, churches, coaches, friends, mentors, etc. We are all, or can be all, of these things to anyone's kids at any point in our day, week, lives. Make the most of those opportunities to let kids know you care, teach them how to be good human beings, and to show them the positive impacts they can have on people through even the smallest gestures. All kids are inherently good in my opinion, it's life that makes them bad. It's our job to make their lives as good as we can while we have the opportunity and hope it sticks with them. God bless!

11-Oct-16
I work with a guy that spends every single weekend running to dance rehearsals and competitions with one of his three daughters. I know he'd really love to be out shooting roosters or jigging eyes, but I tell him there's a really special place in Heaven for Dad's like him...besides, childhood goes by in the blink of an eye! Sons or daughters, I gotta believe they will remember parents that spent time with them when they were young. You can't put a price on that..

11-Oct-16
"It is my sincerest wish that the Great Architect of the Universe leaves me enough time to teach her as well."

Yes brother....

11-Oct-16
Have three girls, no boys. Wouldn't want it any other way.

12-Oct-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
My daughter at 5

12-Oct-16

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
At 7 this year she is probably going to kill her first doe.

12-Oct-16

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
My five year old great grand-daughter is in the green machine showing her 9 year old brother the way.

12-Oct-16
Link,

My God how I envy you and the smile upon your face when your eyes befell this moment. May have been said a million times but never let the image go. Think of this when the times comes for correction and your heart aches and it becomes YOUR task. A bouquet of love and beauty waiting for release. Children: Our greatest achievement.

The Rock

13-Oct-16

Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
Sage Buffalo's embedded Photo
I am a firm believer and was taught by a great guy that when you can and as early as possible you take them hunting. So I did - started mine around 3 and now are 12/9. My daughter last week took her first with a crossbow last Friday and another on Saturday and say, "Dad I have 4 more tags!"

Take your kids hunting and you won't be disappointed. It's more work and will challenge your way of thinking about hunt.

In all the years I have taken them they have never spooked a deer AND I have seen the largest bucks while they were sitting with me.

There are times where I want to be selfish but I fight those feelings.

Love this post.

13-Oct-16

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Make a memory dads!

13-Oct-16
I can watch and read these posts day in and day out. Talk about being proud with these faces of happiness.

Children can make men be giants if they want to be. Obviously all here on this thread are.

The Rock

• Sitka Gear