bad karma 12-Oct-16
Rocky 12-Oct-16
PSEBow 12-Oct-16
Anony Mouse 12-Oct-16
Mike in CT 12-Oct-16
Rocky 12-Oct-16
Shuteye 12-Oct-16
11-Oct-16
I saw this article and thought it interesting.

https://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/Media- Center/Reports/Archive/2012/09-25-12-National-Sportsmen-Poll.aspx

According to this article most hunters believe in Global Warming, the Clean Water and Air acts, and are willing to vote for Ind or Democrats. If you read the Community section on this forum it seems the Republican's are loudest, but possibly do not represent the majority of our hunting community? Since Dems or Ind more often protect public lands it makes sense to me that some of you would vote that way, but still, I was a bit surprised. Maybe as a group we should focus on hunting and fishing issues instead of political parties and constant complaining about how bad our country is? Or are things really that bad for some of you?

11-Oct-16
Hunting often involves firearms, and hunters of all types often own firearms... and when it comes to love of the Constitution and 2nd Amendment we vote Republican to best preserve that right.

11-Oct-16
Bownarrow,

This is not about personal happiness or the economic ladder. This is about the Law of the Land which rules and will continue to rule our lives for or against.

That is the choice. Hunting is but a grain of sand on the beach of life that is being eroded everyday.

The Rock

11-Oct-16
I would have believed that prior to Obama's assaults on the Constitution. Not today....

11-Oct-16
So things really are that bad for some of you. I'm sorry for that. I'll pray for you.

12-Oct-16
Page cannot be found. I believe it's a false article. You can reach your own conclusions about the OP.

12-Oct-16
What's bad??? We fight for our rights as free men. There are zero reasons to give them up. You can roll over belly up if you wish.

Liberal leftist dems work at trying to take them away...... "resistance is futile" is their mantra.....

What kind of hunters ever even consider supporting an anti-gun, PETA, ban hunting on fed lands, introduce wolves with no management over human management, etc. etc. ??? Not even taking into account all the attack on our other constitutional rights, what hunter in his right mind would side with that agenda??? My guess is someone not really a hunter..... a PZE actually.....

Let me guess..... public sector? Union? Applied for a grant to study one eyed trouser trout? The OP is a false premise. extrapolating a result based on nothing but conjecture and opinion. Have any real polls or studies to support such a claim? Or just on a fishing expedition.... oh... are fishermen hunters????

12-Oct-16
Here's the link... the one provided by the OP had a space in the middle of it:

https://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/Media-Center/Reports/Archive/2012/09-25-12-National-Sportsmen-Poll.aspx

(I tried to add the link to make it easier, but kept getting the message, "Please match the requested format")

12-Oct-16
This article is way off. When I get to my office after my biz trip I will give you the breakdown. I have access to the largest consumer survey in the US that I can look at.

12-Oct-16
You will get a much better read on the answers if you look at the actual poll questions and results. There is a link that pulls up a pdf of the poll questions and results.

12-Oct-16
According to this article most hunters believe in Global Warming, the Clean Water and Air acts, and are willing to vote for Ind or Democrats.

Actually that's not quite accurate; perhaps, as Mint recommended above you should drill down to the details via the link provided to the 31-page complete report. There you'd find the majority of respondents (50%) identified themselves as having a conservative ideology.

Further, when reading the full report the first item listed under "Observations and Key findings" is the following:

"1. Hunters and anglers tend to be conservative, Republican and Independent and they vote. "

Not quite the spin you put on that statistic in your OP.

Also, I would never recommended making the assumption that everyone votes along party lines as you seemed wont to do in your OP, citing the demographic breakdown of the three groups. Again, researching the full report paints a different picture, one that more accurately reflects the reality that people do not uniformly, and without fail vote strictly on party lines.

With regard to global warming; incomplete wording can often produce misleading results. You see, there is global warming (part of climate change which is a completely natural process that has occurred since the Earth was born) and then there is anthropogenic global warming (AGW) which is the man-made global warming myth foisted upon the civilized world and which has not stood up to real, honest scientific scrutiny.

Absent clarification of specifics the question as posed is as relevant to mindset as asking hunters if they believe the sun rises in the East and having the majority answer in the affirmative.

It's the details that matter.

If you read the Community section on this forum it seems the Republican's are loudest, but possibly do not represent the majority of our hunting community?

Again with the broad, sweeping (not to mention incorrect) generalizations. Conservatives have often been the most vocal on this forum and by and large on matters of principle that should be as ingrained in the majority of patriotic Americans as are their names. Loud is a better descriptor of the drive-by trolls who attempt to be disruptive, often by mindlessly regurgitating easily debunked bilge from intellect-devoid blogs and websites.

What doesn't surprise me any longer is the unending supply of these intellectual pygmies that seem to pour forth from the www like cockroaches in a slum lord tenament home. The good news is that just like light to the cockroach the light of truth quickly repels the invading horde, with the added bonus of the amusement their infantile pratter provides (while it lasts via the grace of the moderators).

Eagerly awaiting the next "astute" observation.

Have a nice day.

12-Oct-16
Saw a video of the Facebook guy(Zuckerburg?) He started hunting a few years ago and loves eating what he kills. Couldn't believe because I believe he's a flaming liberal.

12-Oct-16
Most efeminate male makeup artists believe believe in traditional marriage, are pro life and are willing to vote for conservative republicans.

I just made that up. I'm guessing that a group of efeminate male makeup artists might read that statement and roll their eyes but I dont know any or hang out with any so I cant be sure. I do know and hang out with a lot of hunters and have been around them my whole life so excuse me while I roll my eyes at the OP.

12-Oct-16
NWS is a liberal org. Anti-hunting as well. Not sure any poll they conduct can be very accurate.

12-Oct-16
A lot of hunters and fishermen vote Dem because their union tells them to.

12-Oct-16
Mike in CT with the mic drop.

12-Oct-16
Depends. Some local Dems are waay more conservative than a lot of national Repubs, including the one whom many of these posers... I mean posters, will be voting for in a few weeks. The two party system we have is a farce really.

I'll support federal public lands until I see a good reason not to, but that doesn't mean I stand with or would vote for loonies. I cringe when people would vote for loonies based on a single issue alone like that example.

12-Oct-16
In my travels, I have come to know and have met many hunters, of all types and Never, never have I come across one who would vote dem or ind.

12-Oct-16

gflight's Link
"Anglers and hunters, who tend to be Republican and conservative voters, view conservation as important as gun rights. They express support and concern about a number of conservation issues including access to public lands, global warming solutions, Gulf clean-up, clean water protections and protecting our children’s future according to a recently completed national survey of 800 anglers and hunters."

12-Oct-16
Looks like you have to drop the "S" off "https" or it won't accept links....

12-Oct-16
What Brotsky said. I know lots of union guys and they vote dem because that is what their union tells them to do. Then they sit at the bar and bitch about the govt they elected.

On the other hand, I haven't heard a single one of them say they are voting for Hilary this time around...

12-Oct-16
I've been outfitting and guiding hunters for over thirty years and have almost 100% never had a liberal hunter. They all have been conservative. It is not in the genetic makeup of a liberal to be a hunter. We do have some organizations such as the state Wildlife Federations whom have liberal members whom claim to be hunters. They are a big thorn in the side of the Game Departments and Commissions, and are no friend of the true hunter.

12-Oct-16
But what if you really really WISH they were???? Keep puttin' in for them unicorn tags.......

12-Oct-16
wishful thinking , at best

sloppy manipulation of polls and thinly veiled political agenda, at worst

nwf looks like it's built on and around one thing, goreble hockey MBPigism

oops, forgot the ??s

12-Oct-16
I've been a progressive for as long as I can remember. I've also hunted/fished/hiked since I was 14. We aren't a majority, but we are out there in tree stands. In waders, and at the range. I believe in diversity, protecting our environment, freedom of religion, women's choice, the 2Amendment. I'd say we have a few things more in common than our differences. I gave up my NRA membership in 1999, when they went from a true hunting/fishing conservation organization to a racket for the gun industry. I do not think anyone should own a gun bar none. Just like I do not think anyone should own a car or have children.

12-Oct-16
You got one thing right, PSEblow. You began a sentence with "I do not think..."

That statement is correct. The remainder of your diatribe is questionable at best, including the straw man claim about the NRA. But truth has never been near you nor you near the truth.

12-Oct-16
You forgot something since you are bearing your soul or in your case heart , that you do not believe in God or in your case god. Just for the record so as to determine how much prayer you may require, or in your case refuse. All of the above is your call of course or in your case, coarse.

The Rock

12-Oct-16
I do believe in God. I'm not too fond of the Catholic Church, however, but that's a different topic. I do not mind atheists, I respect all religions because like the Christ, I try to treat others as I would like to be treated. Something lost on a few here.

12-Oct-16
Thou shalt not bear false witness...

12-Oct-16
I try to treat others as I would like to be treated.

Then please be so kind as to list all of the posters here who have posted under multiple false registrations, coming back after being tossed for violating the forum rules. Please be so kind as to list all of the multiple false registrations by posters name so that we can begin to determine the moral equivalence between you and them.

Of course we all know there will be no CF regulars on that list don't we Paul? We all know you are the sole poster who has openly flouted the forum rules on close to 3 dozen occasions now, don't we? Your words ring hollow Paul; your actions make a mockery of any claim about treating others as you would like to be treated, that is unless you want to go on record as saying you want to be regularly lied to, mocked for your beliefs, ridiculed at every opportunity and never accorded a scintilla of respect.

Something lost on a few here.

If there were such a thing as a Bowsite hypocrisy meter you would have snapped the needle off with that remark. It appears some here have underestimated your hubris; the colossal gall it took to post that statement surpasses that attributed to one Donald J. Trump. It can now be truly stated that you are without shame.

Oh well, you've added to your "without list":

without integrity

without honor

without virtue

without values

without courage

without principles

without morality

without decency

You are the penultimate liberal Paul; while railing about perceived wrongs in others you miss the glaring ones in yourself.

You are the least qualified person to pass judgment on people I've ever met. It is you who are "lost" Paul.

Why not just make it official and "get lost"......

12-Oct-16
"Why not just make it official and "get lost"......" I did not believe I had the liberty to say that Paul but upon reading it I totally agree. We are oil and water and this constant progressive mindset that you relish posting should be placed elsewhere on the 'net' where your thoughts would be would appreciated by other destructive creatures castrating America.

The Rock

12-Oct-16
If you know history you know originally the men were hunters/gatherers. The women cooked the stuff the men brought home. These were conservative men. Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the Conservatives by showing up for the nightly barbeques and doing the sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement. Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlymen/Democrats.

• Sitka Gear