Bloody Mary Chili....Yes!!!
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Jim Moore 14-Oct-16
Shuteye 14-Oct-16
Jim Moore 15-Oct-16
14-Oct-16

Jim Moore's Link
All right Kids....Just tried this recipe and I have to say it is terrific! I used antelope round steaks instead of elk. I cubed them in less than 1/2 inch size sections instead of ground meat. The quinoa is just filler and you can choose to use it or not. Next time I won't. I threw some some coarsely chopped cilantro on the top of it for the last 10 minute s or so which is great. Pretty much followed the recipe for the most part. I think next time I will still cube the meat, but sear in a super hot pan first for a minute or so.

Give it a try. I think this will work for deer, elk, antelope...whatever.

14-Oct-16
I cut some deer chops in one inch chunks and put them in my crock pot with carrots, condensed mushroom soup, corn, cabbage, potatoes and a cubed turnip. Some salt, pepper and lots of hot red pepper flakes. I did it in the morning and had some for supper and it was great. Deer meat in the crock pot is so tender it is unbelievable. I do the same with squirrels and rabbits. I don't care how old and tough the squirrels are, the meat will fall off the bones after a day in the crock pot.

15-Oct-16
Lex, we do crock pot stuff all the time as well. Always good.

In addition, the Bloody Mary mix is a personal choice. Could not find the Famous Daves stuff locally so we used V8 Bloody Mary Mix which was really good. Any good quality mix with a little spice to it would be good....or make your own. You can choose to cover the pan and retain the moisture or leave it uncovered and let it cook down a bit which is what I did.

• Sitka Gear