Anony Mouse 20-Oct-16
Shiloh 21-Oct-16
TD 22-Oct-16
joshuaf 22-Oct-16
Mike in CT 22-Oct-16
Mike in CT 22-Oct-16
slade 09-Nov-16
19-Oct-16
Hillary's lying ability is right up there with Gflight.

19-Oct-16
What about the guy that refuses to abide by our democratic ideals? He lost the debate by saying he won't concede or consider the election legitimate if he loses

19-Oct-16
Like Gore dimwit.

19-Oct-16
Hillary's voice might be bad, but her sickly smug smile on TV is far worse.

Trump's best line so far was to point out that Hillary only hates Putin because he out played her and Obama every step of the way.

19-Oct-16
If Trump loses the election, and he can demonstrate massive voting fraud, then he absolutely should contest the outcome. And he can afford to do it. He can at least increase the impact of his candidacy even if he loses the election.

19-Oct-16
I just stopped watching and think he is kicking her ass on every question. More composed and to the point as ever.

19-Oct-16
He did slightly better than the first 2 debates, but still missed waaaay too many opportunities IMHO.

19-Oct-16
Agree woodguy65

19-Oct-16
I think he has significantly kicked her hind end in this debate!! Wallace was much better for Trump than I thought, but overall, still seemed fair.

19-Oct-16
he came across as a petulant child. tmrw's headlines: "such a nasty woman" and "Trump won't accept election results"

he's toast

19-Oct-16
By far the best moderated debate......some tough questions on both sides. You could see each of them squirming at some point.....finally saw Hillary stammering some.

19-Oct-16
Great stuff...Trump locked up the Ahole-American vote. Possibly also the banjo player from Deliverance.

HT

19-Oct-16
Chris Wallace...... A+ Thanks to him this debate actually had some substance.

Clinton .......... C+

Trump......... C

Clinton accomplished all she had to do. ... Nothing damaging.

19-Oct-16
Clinton is hands down the most criminal, corrupt, lying POS to ever run for office. And some folks have chosen the most inept, narcissistic, ego driven, emotionally handicapped candidate possible. Anyone who made even an attempt at prep for this should have run her off the stage. So many EVENTS, never mentioned. So many FACTS.... unused. She has REAMS of history pointing to her incompetence, criminality, corruption.... never touched on. All because he wanted to talk about himself. Defend himself. A high school kid would have debated her better..... he likely would have studied for it.

19-Oct-16
Don't care anymore, mailed off my ballot today...Is what it is now! I'll be on POW when it all goes down...

19-Oct-16
Hillary the baby ripper endorser was squirming when Trump brought it up.

20-Oct-16
Didn't catch it. Picked up my son from football and got him going on his homework. Then I read with my 7 year old daughter who polishes off books faster than we can supply them. I'm guessing I made the right choice of how to spend the evening.

20-Oct-16
TD stated my feelings on what I saw better than I could. I could not watch the whole debate.

20-Oct-16
Clinton danced around every accusatory question. Redirect...redirect...her training as a Politician definitely shined. Unfortunately, some will buy into it.

20-Oct-16
Best Trump line was returning the millions she finagled from Saudi Arabia and Qatar which kills homos, dykes and stones women to death who are blamed for being raped. There goes her lie about compassion for women voters.

20-Oct-16
Trump did better in this last debate. Voter fraud will be a major issue this elections.

If the Clinton Foundation spends over 90% of its donations helping the needy then why does it have over 200 million in cash?

Trump scored a home when he pointed out Hillary's campaign paid protesters to attack Trump supporters.

Wiki leaks is going to be the ones who have to win this election for Trump.

20-Oct-16
From Seth Masket of fivethirtyeight.com:

"It’s pretty much a cliché at this point, but Clinton’s style is clearly to prepare and Trump’s is clearly to go with his gut. She was able to convert every comment he made into an attack on an area of weakness for him. I don’t know that Trump would be doing better in this election if he’d prepped more for the debates or if he was even prep-able. But like many other aspects of this campaign — including ground game, fundraising and advertising — Clinton took it seriously and Trump didn’t."

20-Oct-16
"If the Clinton Foundation spends over 90% of its donations helping the needy then why does it have over 200 million in cash?"

Don't you know when the Clintons got out of the White House they were dead broke. How much more needy could they have been. ;)

20-Oct-16
I thought Trump made Hillary visibly angry from the start, and hammered her at every topic. I agree KPC, Chris Wallace did an excellent job he showed no favorite in the debate.

20-Oct-16
I thought Trump won. He finally learned not to take the bait and did a very good job at finally pivoting to what he wanted to talk about. The only outbreak from the audience, that I heard, was when Trump nailed Clinton. Wallace did a whole lot better than I expected, that is the way a debate should be handled.

20-Oct-16
I will say that I find it amazing at how different people can perceive the same debate......I have friends that genuinely see/feel the exact opposite on the same debate. Guess that's just human nature.

20-Oct-16
Trump sucks, he really sucks at debating. Any one of us here could have debated better than him. On the second amendment I was screaming at the TV. How hard was it for him to say that the Democrats might allow you to have a gun, but it must be locked up in a safe with the ammo locked up in a separate safe so when the gangbangers break into your house there is no way you can defend your family from being raped and murdered.

Cruz, Rubio and most other candidates would have DESTROYED Hillary last night! Trump has some great policies to push but he does it so poorly. Even when he said the justice dept was corrupt he didn't do it as forcefully as he could. He should have said corruption is in the IRS, EPA, FBI and the Jusctice Dept, I plan on purging anyone that doesn't follow the constitution and plan to clean the swamp. He says it in his speeches but doesn't when he debates.

He still did better than before but I'm very disappointed with his lack of prep.

Chris Wallace showed how it was done and showed how the other moderators were amateurish hacks! Fair and balanced, great questions and a true pro.

20-Oct-16
I don't think Trump swayed any undecideds, so in essence we could've voted last week because everybody already knows who they're voting for. Let's get it over before the rut kicks in..

20-Oct-16

Seapig@work's embedded Photo
Trumpin'
Seapig@work's embedded Photo
Trumpin'
Trump won this debate.

Trump was relentless and was never defensive. He defended himself against attacks but never got defensive. Trump kept pressing Hillary and made her defensive. Hillary looked tired and out of it. I guess too much preparation and too little speaking from the heart. Probably spent too many late nights memorizing her debate script.

Hillary is so dependent on her debate script that being thrown off script is the worst thing that could happen to her. Trump got her to where Hillary was just randomly spitting out pre-written hit lines provided by her staff whether they fit into the moment or not.

I laughed when, after one of her canned attack lines, Trump said, “Such a nasty woman.”

When she attacked Trump for the violence at his rallies, Trump called her out on it. He pointed out that Project Veritas proved the violence at his rallies was funded by the DNC and her own campaign. I laughed again.

Trump was not afraid to hit her hard. And he did. He hit her on the emails, her lies to Congress and to the FBI. He went after her about her foreign policy failures and her con job in Haiti.

Trump was passionate and engaged. He was unfiltered and honest. Hillary was overly scripted and as robotic as always.

The Clintons aren’t used to having somebody call them out on their corrupt bullshit but Trump did. You just knew Trump landed a direct hit when Hillary would just keep reciting her script even after Chris Wallace began asking Trump the next question.

Trump crushed her and the polls show it. This morning the closest poll that I saw had the debate at 70% - 30% for Trump.

The linked page has links to numerous polls... https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/10/19/your-turn-who-won-the-third-presidential-debate-polls-polls-polls/

20-Oct-16
CAS - "I will say that I find it amazing at how different people can perceive the same debate......I have friends that genuinely see/feel the exact opposite on the same debate. Guess that's just human nature."

Cognitive Bias (see wiki for this - it wouldn't let me add the link)

Mint - "Any one of us here could have debated better than him. "

Not me. And, I had 4 years of debate from 8th-11th grade. What they do is far from an honest, rational debate. We couldn't/wouldn't use ad hominem attacks and that was about 30% of last night.

Trump has never had anyone talking back to him before - if he did, he would fire and/or belittle them. That may be fine in business (I would argue not), but it doesn't work as a potential US president - and the general population is letting him know that.

20-Oct-16
Whether Trump lost or won the debate, all people will be hearing and talking about is nasty woman and he won't concede to the election results. If anything he lost more votes. He lost the debate, because he can't control what he says. I know a lot of Republicans that won't vote for him, and of course not Hilary. I would be shocked if he wins. When he loses he will blame everything else and will attack Republicans again. Lets get the election over and take out this New York Trash!!

20-Oct-16
1) Wallace was very fair, asked tough questions of all sides, same as he has done in past debates

2) Trump and Clinton both lied through their teeth most of the evening

3) Most people judge the debate through the prism of their pre-conceived biases. I thought Trump had some good moments and some awful ones. I thought Hillary had some good moments and some awful ones.

No matter what else he said, the takeaway from last night is that he's prepping to be a sore loser, and the "nasty woman" comment. Even if that's 100% true, you don't say it, to her face, in a Presidential debate, on live TV. Just reinforced - for the eleventy-billionth time - that he is a chauvinist pig and a bully. If there were any white suburban women still teetering on who to pull the lever for, he helped them make up their mind not to pull it for him. Don't think the debate really changed anything, Trump is still going to lose. Bigly.

20-Oct-16
Thank you Trumpettes. The fall of the Nation will be the result of this election. Say goodbye to our Republic at your hands because of blind stupidity....

20-Oct-16
I see the aholes are still obsessing over Trump

20-Oct-16
Sigh,, I weep for our nation. I saw this debate as well as the others. Last night he was pretty good, but he still talked like a kid with ADD.. He needed to take some Adderall or something. He would start to make a great point,, and then right before he got to it, he would go off on a tangent and start talking about either himself, or go in another direction.. It was so frustrating. I was yelling at the TV by the 20th minute. Hillary is a pig and just is wanting to ruin this nation, but she answered better than Trump IMO. By the end of the debate, I had sent $50 to Evan McMullin. I pray the nation survives until 2020.. Be prepared folks. The SHTF within the next four years no mater who gets in... Jay

20-Oct-16
Did not get to watch any debates this time.

I think the point Trump is trying to make is something is wrong if she wins hands down. There is too much exposure of what she has done, regardless of what covering up and suppressing the severity the media has done. How else can a criminal win...?

A close race is actually believable.

20-Oct-16
I would pay good money to see Hillary debate Bowsite's Jim Johnson ( who has not posted in 8 years )

20-Oct-16
"How else can a criminal win...?"

When the person running against them is seen as being an even worse choice by a majority of voters. What do I win?

I can't possibly vote for either, but when given a choice between voting for corruption (Clinton), or corruption + insanity (Trump), a lot of voters will see Clinton - not Trump - as the "lesser of two evils".

20-Oct-16
So I know there is a thread for this, but no one is talking about it.....

Is myself and two other people the only ones that caught the fact that Hillary told on world wide TV how long it takes us to launch our nukes???? SERIOUSLY

Personally, I think she just informed Russia how close their subs need to be to disable our nuclear abilities......

20-Oct-16

Iktomi's embedded Photo
Iktomi's embedded Photo

20-Oct-16
This was Trumps best debate. For the most part, he stayed even tempered and brought much more in terms of facts to the discussion. That being said, he missed countless opportunities to pounce and generally sounded unprepared relative to the Hildabeast. I pray people can see past his inexperience and not vote their emotions.

20-Oct-16
Hunting 555,

She did just that!

This woman doesn't give a darn about national security, as evidenced by her e-mails.

From Chicks On The Right:

"Gee, Hillz. THANKS For Telling The Entire World Our Response Time To A Nuclear Attack.

Miss CJ,

October 20, 2016

Overall, I thought last night’s debate went fairly well. Of course, I have two dumpster-fires-masquerading-as-presidential-debates to compare it to, so my standards were pretty low already. But even taking that out of the equation, most of the time I only wanted to scream because Hillary was lying out of her lying liarhole. That’s normal (I could take HOURS out of my day to rebut all of her idiotic claims about the Second Amendment – the Heller decision was about a retired police officer being allowed to have a gun in his home, not about toddlers getting hold of guns. Geez…)

That being said – did you catch the moment Hillary basically told everyone and their dog how long it takes the United States to respond to an impending nuclear attack? I’m sure our bestest-best pal Putin was salivating over that tidbit of information (that is, unless the Russian hackers assigned to dig into Hillary’s private email server hadn’t already told him) –

And while Democrats are excusing this by saying that Hillary also tweeted this information out (and Joe Biden already told everyone where HE keeps his copy of the nuclear codes), the bigger issue isn’t necessarily that she revealed information that would be best kept OFF live television. The issue is how easily Hillary just throws out such information like it’s no big deal. It’s that convenient excuse the FBI gave her when they let her off the hook for the private email server – She’s just careless. She promised she wouldn’t do it again. Pinky swear!

Good grief. The woman takes money from countries who hate us, steals charity money meant for earthquake relief, compromises national security, sells influence from the State Department, threatens women who’ve already been abused by her husband – what does it take for Democrats to lose faith in her? Does she have to drown a puppy on live TV?

One thing’s for certain – after listening to her Nurse Ratched cackle and looking at her evil wicked witch grin all night, I know I can’t stand to do the same thing for the next four years."

20-Oct-16
I was hoping for an end to an 8 year hangover on January 20th. Now, it looks like another 4-8 years of a worse hangover. Ugh.

20-Oct-16
The four minutes has been out there before but why confirm it.

20-Oct-16
Actually, reaction time varies according to the location in question.

20-Oct-16
I mean if it's 4 minutes or 30..."at this point what difference does it make?"...other than it gives you 26 minutes more to kiss your family goodbye.

Yeah, I was surprised she said that on live TV, but I'd be more surprised if our enemies didn't already know.

One thing about Hillary I'll never get is how little concern she has for unborn life, yet how much concern she pretends to have "for our kids" in the name of gun control. Does she even know how stupid that sounds?!?

20-Oct-16
It's like hating cows but loving steak!

20-Oct-16

20-Oct-16
South Farm,

Without question our enemies already know, within a small margin of error, what our reaction times are. Pretty much any teenager with any math skills at all could figure it out.

20-Oct-16
Good old Boss Hog on his worst day was an angel compared to that witch!

20-Oct-16
Hillary’s Strange Head Movements Were The Talk Of The Debate Photo of Kaitlan Collins Kaitlan Collins

Hillary Clinton’s strange head movements were the topic of conversation as the final presidential debate was underway Wednesday night.

As the two candidates sparred on stage at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas for 90 minutes, the Democratic nominee rocked her head back and forth as Donald Trump answered questions from the moderator Chris Wallace.

Viewers at home quickly noticed Clinton’s strange behavior.

Hillary Clinton is indeed smiling less…nodding a lot and looking visibly angry

— NewYorkElephant (@NewYorkElephant) October 20, 2016

@HillaryClinton must have an earpiece. She keeps nodding like she’s listening. #debate2016 #MAGA

— M Wats (@MWatsPatriot) October 20, 2016

It appears that whenever @HillaryClinton isn’t speaking she is #nodding #debatenight

— Kirk Rogers (@Kirk_R0gers) October 20, 2016

Senator @HillaryClinton is nodding at Trump calling her plan a disaster. She must agree.#MakeAmericaGreatAgain#HillaryClinton

— Deplorable Wes Smith (@UniverseBlade) October 20, 2016

Why is @HillaryClinton nodding at every point @realDonaldTrump makes? Seems like she is agreeing with him at every turn. #debatenight

— Coach Miller (@JaredLMiller) October 20, 2016

@HillaryClinton why are you nodding when you are called a liar?!? Cause you are!!! #NeverHillary

— Logan (@greenerbehrend) October 20, 2016

Hey @FoxNews why @HillaryClinton nodding her head like she listening to someone in her ear??

— Samantha Evans (@sEvans082314) October 20, 2016

Is this @HillaryClinton or a bobble head stand in? Her constant head nodding is making me nauseous. #debatenight

— Cherie.Alice (@tpagrl803) October 20, 2016

Why THE F**K is @HillaryClinton nodding?!?

— Andrew Wong (@applehazelnut) October 20, 2016

@HillaryClinton Head nodding again,,,,this is why she keeps head down to podium. pic.twitter.com/K9cwDCOmsK

— WiseOwl (@Wise_Owl24) October 20, 2016

@HillaryClinton who are you looking at to your left…and you keep shaking your head in agreement. Who are you agreeing with????

— vvictor13 (@vkvictorjones) October 20, 2016

Hillary Clinton silently shaking her head needs to be a GIF stat

— Corey J Belford (@thecoreyhotline) October 20, 2016

Hillary Clinton is a bobble head!! #debatenight

— Captain Deplorable (@Stevenverrier77) October 20, 2016

Hillary Clinton looks like a f**king bobble head #MakeAmericaGreatAgain #debatenight

— Christine D (@chriiissssyyyyy) October 20, 2016

Hillary Clinton is a bobble head

— Hunter (@HunterWarren4) October 20, 2016

20-Oct-16
"I would pay good money to see Hillary debate Bowsite's Jim Johnson ( who has not posted in 8 years )"

I agree. That guy was a walking computer with legs. What happened to him?

20-Oct-16

20-Oct-16

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo
The reason Hillary kept looking down.

20-Oct-16
Looks like some people lost their way and thought they were in the "conspiracy theories" thread.

20-Oct-16
"I agree. That guy was a walking computer with legs. What happened to him? "

Some puddle head probably roasted him for a casual comment, got sick of it, and left.

20-Oct-16
Maybe, but I don't think so. That guy took on anyone and any subject. He was around for a pretty good while too. Guys would be debating their butts off on any topic and he'd come in and wipe the floor with all of them. He is the only one I can recall with that type of knowledge and talent on this forum.

20-Oct-16
If I remember correctly, he left in disgust with the boorish behavior of the peanut gallery during the great climate change debate. (GJ was pro, JJ was con.)

No doubt he was the best debater on the Bowsite.

20-Oct-16
Fra is correct.

20-Oct-16
Yep, Fra nailed it.

20-Oct-16
There has not been a better commentator and observer of politics than Bill Whittle. I and others have often posted much of his material, both written and video here in the past. His commentaries as the "Virtual President" put Obama to shame. Bill on the last debate: I know, I know – Trump supporters will say he’s been here all the time. But the man in the debate tonight has NOT been here all the time.

In Round One, Trump gave Hillary the kind of thrashing he gave her tonight… for about 20 minutes. Once she questioned his net worth, he spend the remaining 70 minutes defending himself, dropping chance after chance to land knockout blows on cyber security, Benghazi, ISIS and many others.

I have heard that before the first debate, Hillary Clinton had teams of psychologists analyzing not only Donald Trump’s primary debate performances, but his entire public career. They had determined that if you hit him where he was tender – net worth, size of his ‘hands,’ and so on – that he simply was psychologically incapable of dropping and moving on to new attacks.

That’s exactly what happened in Round One. He was also completely undisciplined, jumping in on Hillary time and time again. He got off some good lines, but he also looked as childish and uncontrolled as Tim Kaine did in the VP debate.

Round Two was just a shouting match, and I had come to believe that if she baited the trap again he simply would not be able to resist.

But the guy who showed up tonight… where has he been?

He listened. He made very few faces, and only at Hillary’s most egregious lies. He looked calm. He SOUNDED calm. And so for ninety minutes of this miserable year, I actually was proud and impressed.

A great deal of his success tonight belongs to Chris Wallace, who not only kept a tight rein on both candidates but also demonstrated – if any such demonstration was still necessary – how much of a tailwind the moderators give to Democrats because for one time one DIDN’T. Parenthetically, if the GOP EVER again agrees to be massacred by “referees” making tackles for the Democrat then we need to have our collective heads examined.

Everybody knows by know that I have been a reluctant, and at times extremely reluctant, supporter of Donald Trump. I have no idea what kind of a President he would make – up until tonight he appeared thin-skinned, unprepared and overly agitated – but I have a very good idea what a Hillary Clinton Presidency would look like and I’d vote for a turnip before I’d vote for her.

This was no turnip tonight. This looked and sounded, to me, like the President of the United States. I only needed to see it once. Only once. I needed to see him restrain himself. I needed to see him not take obvious bait. I needed to see him speak with authority and confidence about specifics on domestic and foreign policy issues. I had not seen any of this before.

What I had seen from him before – and this is his entire appeal, I think – was a candidate willing to fight back and not simply stand there like Gentleman Jim and let these immoral, duplicitous bastards make mincemeat out of us unopposed. He whipped the living hell out of that woman tonight, and every time that fake smile appeared it looked more and more desperate. In fact, immediately after the debate she looked like she was about to cry.

So. I have gone from a Donald Trump supporter to an enthusiastic Donald Trump supporter. Anyone who calls the Clinton Foundation a criminal enterprise to that criminal’s face; anyone who points out, repeatedly, just how stupidly the United States has behaved under Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama; and anyone who has the guts and the timing to say “What a nasty woman” to that thoroughly nasty woman is the kind of person I have been waiting to see.

Is it too late? I don’t know. Maybe the show’s not over until the fat lady goes to prison.

21-Oct-16
^^^^^^^What he said

22-Oct-16
Yeah... it was a real game changer......

"mostly he was an idiot.... but I saw a glimmer of hope for a few minutes this last debate.... just before he reverted back to alternately defending and celebrating.... himself....." Issues my wrinkles.....

Let me know if you've heard him defending/exalting the constitution, America.... or pretty much anything but himself in these debates. All they have have to do is toss out some bait and he's all over it. He will argue a beauty pageant winner or disrespect a decorated soldier and his family for a week after he thinks he was insulted......

Incredibly undisciplined and immature. Good luck with that. Actually, good luck with trying to change that at this point. Mr. "pivot to presidential" was a cruel joke.

22-Oct-16
You could probably count on one hand the number of times Donald Trump has uttered the words "Freedom" and "Liberty" during this campaign. He is a lifelong Liberal Democrat who doesn't give 2 shakes about the Constitution or anything else except himself. Eventually this will be clear to all, even those most blinded by their desire to imagine him as something he is not and has never been.

22-Oct-16
Any debate professor worth his or her salt would have developed multiple ulcers listening to that last debate.

For nearly every point Trump made he gave it back with a needless personal jab. This could have and should have been the act that brought the curtain down on HRC.

HRC-"lack of experience"

DT-Russian reset, Libyan policy, Iran deal, no new SOF in Iraq. Experience counts but it counts as a virtue when it's of good quality and a disqualifier when it amounts to universal, catastrophic failure.

HRC-"economy brought back from the worst recession since the Great Depression."

DT-would that be the economy with the lowest sustained GDP of any two-term President? The economy with the lowest labor force participation in 40 years? The jobs added? Do you mean the jobs that taken as a whole have resulted in a net loss of income? The economic gains under Obama that have swelled the ranks of the welfare rolls and those on food stamps?

HRC-"no respect for women, yada yada......"

DT-tick off the countries the Clinton foundation has taken donations from that have deplorable records on human rights (across the entire spectrum)

List the comparative pay rates for men and women in the Clinton campaign, State Department staff, etc.

(To HRC-"If I had that record I'd prefer to focus on unsubstantiated 20-year old allegations.")

Many other such softballs were left on the tee.

22-Oct-16
Spike,

I had the misfortune of suffering through another win for our current governor Dan Malloy. His record, like Hillary's was abysmal so his entire campaign was to go all-out negative on Tom Foley. Like Trump (so far to the greater extent) Foley was a lousy debater and couldn't pivot to highlight all of Malloy's failings. In all honesty I think a really bright High School student could have thoroughly cleaned Malloy's clock.

Trumps biggest obstacle is Trump; Hillary is an afterthought if he gets his act together.

09-Nov-16

• Sitka Gear