MT in MO 23-Nov-16
kps@work 23-Nov-16
Anony Mouse 23-Nov-16
Rocky 23-Nov-16
keepemsharp 24-Nov-16
HA/KS 24-Nov-16
23-Nov-16

HA/KS's Link
This from our son Doug: I wasn't expecting to receive an Oscar this year.

The French agricultural website AgriAvis selected the 2016 LaRosh Wheat Harvest for the "Agricultural OSCAR: The Best Agricultural Short Film of the Year".

This is what their site says (auto translated): "This film traces the history of an agricultural family during the wheat harvest, the family farm is located in Osborne County, Kansas.

The video begins in January when the wheat is tillered and ends at the end of June.

This film directed by Doug Armknecht shows us beautiful machines, 2 CASE IH 8230 with Macdon cuts and a John Deere 8420 transferring a ferry.

Rusty the dog of the family takes an important place in the video, since he is equipped with a GoPro to film certain scenes in the heart of the action. However he was knocked down by a truck during the summer, this film is dedicated to his memory"

23-Nov-16
now that is cool!

congrats to him!

23-Nov-16
I don't know the first thing about film but it looks fantastic to me. Did he use drones to get some of those shots from the air?

Most people don't even realize all of the hundreds of lesser know Oscars that are awarded each year.

23-Nov-16
Yes, he uses a drone and GoPro as well as hand-held and tripod cameras. He just does it mostly to document his wife's family harvest. He has learned a lot since he started. Each year gets better.

23-Nov-16
SA, he takes about an hour of video for each minute of finished product.

23-Nov-16
Great cinematography, your Son has a real gift, Henry!

Great looking family, I appreciate all the hard work you guys do!

Best of Luck, Jeff

23-Nov-16
Outstanding!

23-Nov-16
Congrats Henry-and thanks for sharing!

23-Nov-16
Henry, Your son has an outstanding gift in that what his mind can see, can be transmitted with sensation to those who can not. A rare talent indeed. A gift. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and truly felt America at its pinnacle. I was totally engrossed, and with wishful thinking, found myself dusting my clothes off when it ended. ;-)

The Rock

23-Nov-16
Henry is it OK if I share this youtube link on Facebook? I think a lot of people would like this video. I agree with The Rock...it IS America.

23-Nov-16
Yes, it is for public viewing.

23-Nov-16
Very cool!

23-Nov-16
Great video. Kind of reminds me of my youth. Our operation was nowhere near as big and our old combine didn't have a cab, but it brought back some good memories. Not much beats finishing a hard days work and watching the summer thunderstorms come in over the plains at sunset...8^)

23-Nov-16
Excellent!! Folks like these make America great every day of their lives.

23-Nov-16
Really nice, Henry. I live out in farming country, but not the massively huge fields in the video. Still, I enjoy watching fall harvest of corn, wheat and soy beans...and have occasionally lent a hand.

We had so much late season rains this year, that the ground is soft and this is the first year that I have seen where the combines have sunk and caught the ground while harvesting. A number of the low lying fields are waiting till the ground freezes...late harvest.

FYI: if one copies Henry's link and opens it in Chrome, the French can be translated to English.

Again...great honor and a wonderful documentary of American farming.

23-Nov-16
The uneducated farmer today is not the dirt farmer of the past. He was in the past a hard worker with the wit wisdom handed down through generations with a digit or two missing as evidence of his experience. Today that same man can calculate growth rate and is well versed in pollination and cross bred hybrid grain and more than likely a family member has a Agriculture Degree. His technological experience has transcended into global positioning systems that permit his machines to work "blind" round the clock if necessary through all weather conditions. All this combined knowledge can rival any university of note in his field.....no pun intended. Todays farmer has become no less closer to the earth as evidenced in this film but has risen dramatically in science and technology. As well rounded a man that God could ever create. KPC said it right: God bless America and these special people that believe in her.

The Rock

24-Nov-16
Very good film clip Henry, fine looking family.

24-Nov-16
He married good, Dave. They are good people - heart of America types.

• Sitka Gear