spike78 05-Dec-16
mn_archer 07-Dec-16
MT in MO 08-Dec-16
mn_archer 08-Dec-16
bb 08-Dec-16
mn_archer 08-Dec-16
WV Mountaineer 08-Dec-16
30-Nov-16
The news is that Sarah Palin is being considered for Secretary of the VA.

I'd rather see her at Interior, but think she'd do a great job cleaning up the sad state of the VA.

Take names, kick azz, and take no prisoners!

30-Nov-16
I agree Trax, we need somebody with excellent organizational skills who can reorganize the unreorganizable and someone with the ability to dissect federal red tape, I do not believe those are her skill sets.

01-Dec-16
I did not know she resigned. Interesting...

01-Dec-16
Pat, I have been to Alaska. Your comments on Sarah sound like the all out attacks by liberals when she was runnin for veep. I have lost all respect for you.

01-Dec-16
"Sarah is truly a nut job" unbelievable comment from you Pat.

01-Dec-16
The only reason I voted Republican that election was Sarah Palin.

01-Dec-16
I generally like SP's policies but don't think she's the best for VA, perhaps Interior.

01-Dec-16
At one point a few years ago I thought she had what it took, the MSM just torpedoed her and attacked her. Now she pretty much does that all by herself, she went from leading a movement to preening as a celeberty. If the media drove her crazy.... it was a pretty short drive. Have to agree with Pat.... a bale short of a load.

She's a speech giver. A figure head. A cheer leader. Not an administrator. Certainly not a hands on administrator.

01-Dec-16
"Her communication style instills zero confidence..."

To a few fans, it does. But to the majority of people, it does not. I don't understand the job going to her. I agree it should be a vet or better yet, someone from the private sector with experience in say, running a large hospital or medical program. There are plenty of folks out there that have gone into dying hospitals, shaken things up, and saved them from closing. That's the kind of person that the VA needs.

01-Dec-16
She lost me when she took a viable political career and parlayed into reality TV celebrity. That's fine for a personal decision but it disqualifies her for further office, imo. Tells me all I need to know about Palin the political entity. And, while I won't say she is a "nut," that alone demonstrated to me she has serious defects in judgement.

01-Dec-16
Not sure she is a nut job but she is certainly not what I thought she was. More hype than substance IMHO and not what we need to turn this country around. God bless, Steve

01-Dec-16
I love Sarah!!!!

01-Dec-16
So do I.

01-Dec-16
muskeg's pulling your leg, Jim. He hates her.

01-Dec-16
I suppose. Why people hate her, I will never know, especially on the bowsite.

01-Dec-16
Jim,

As I see it, Sarah took away some of muskeg's goodies or freebies.

Yet she did that across the board, to include a whole lot of Republicans in the AK legislature, as well as a whole lot of bureaucrats who were sucking on the nipple of Alaska's taxpayers.

Remember her speech at the 2008 GOP convention when she talked about selling the private plane that AK owned for the governor's private use?

She said the Governor (her) should fly commercial and not in luxury at the taxpayer' s expense.

What's not to love about that?

01-Dec-16
Exactly!

02-Dec-16
I'm with Pat (above) .... she's a 'dork' (and I use to like her & even voted for her and not for McCain) ..... but she has a screwed up 'background' with the 'family' and all ..... the sooner she's out of the lime light the better! ...... and besides, what the "H" does she really know about "VETS" ...... not squat .... even though her son is one and her 'loving son-n-law' is one (A Medal of Honor recipient no less) ........ she's just NOT QUALIFIED for anything as I can see! ...jmho

02-Dec-16
I am not a Sarah Palin fan at all. BUT she supported Trump in a meaningful way and Trump values loyalty. I can definitely see him giving her a position and hope she serves well.

02-Dec-16
Spike I agree with everything you just said.

Sarah is not polished. We don't need any more PC polished politicians.

A little rough-and-tumble will suit me just fine. And Sarah's got that.

02-Dec-16
She did an excellent job in Alaska and the Dems up there loved her until she accepted the VP position on the McCain ticket. I read her book "Going Rogue" and if the GOP consultants had listened to her McCain might have won. But the only way you are ever going to fix the VA is to get the unions out. The union work rules and protections makes the VA a complete mess.

02-Dec-16
I am with you Pat, however you may take that....;^)

She is just another reality star nowadays; hey wait it worked for Trump....

02-Dec-16
I have to agree with Pat.

05-Dec-16
She is About as unqualified for the position as you can get, just use reason and logic and you will understand why,besides listening to her rants etc. Mint, it just isn't just the Union its the middle and upper management folks also like big time, as many are inflicted with the 3-P syndrome,(policy,procedure and then patients!) Unfortunately in that order.

05-Dec-16

spike78's Link
And then we have this.

07-Dec-16
Pete Hegseth is my man for the job!

08-Dec-16
I think the VA has enough problems without putting Palin in charge...

08-Dec-16
SP being nominated as a secretary of the VA would be a massive mistake. First of all forget about what experience she does or doesn't have that would qualify her for that job just the attention it would bring her to that position it's just not needed right now it's too important of a position.

Pete hegseth has the experience and the knowledge to put this thing together once and for all. Yes he may be a young guy but he himself is a veteran who has already done a ton for veterans and has great ideas for the VA Administration

08-Dec-16
mn_archer....agreed

08-Dec-16
Pete was the CEO of Concerned Veterans for America and Executive Director of Vets for Freedom.

He earned not 1, but 2 Bronze Stars and 2 Army Commendation Medals while serving this country for 11 very proud years, fighting terrorism in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

He might only be 36 years old but he is well qualified and his experience and knowledge on veterans issues dwarfs anything SP could ever imagine having.

Michael

08-Dec-16
I admit to not being up to snuff on the issues surrounding her. I think she is capable. Probably not the best choice by any means. I'm not sure she is looney. I just think she rolls with punches and speaks with no filter. When people do that, they tend to put themselves in awkward positions trying to defend it later. So, I'd pass on her for any position of leadership. But, I wish she'd improve because she sure would make watching politics a lot better. :^)

As far as her family life, I won't use that to form an opinion on her. As having raised two boys into men, that are so vastly different, it happens. I raised them right. By the law of God the best I could. But, people are people and make their own decisions. Looking at the life of my two boy's will tell you that. So, holding here guilty for her children's actions isn't something I will do from afar.

• Sitka Gear