Woods Walker 01-Dec-16
Bowbender 01-Dec-16
bb 01-Dec-16
MT in MO 01-Dec-16
keepemsharp 01-Dec-16
Owl 01-Dec-16
NvaGvUp 01-Dec-16
01-Dec-16
President-Elect Trump should urge Congress to pass a new law compelling jurisdictions to comply with the Immigration Law or suffer the consequences. Violators will be charged with harboring a fugitive and obstruction of justice. Mayors, police commissioner, police chiefs, sheriffs will be sued. They might not go to prison but the hassle, time spent in court is a pain. On top of losing the Federal dollar, they'll be scrambling and pulling their hair on which public pet programs they have to cut.

01-Dec-16
Why not prison??? If ANY of us here openly defied federal law we'd be prosecuted in a nano-second. What makes them so ****ing special????

01-Dec-16
So pass a law to enforce the existing law? Howzabout just enforcing the existing laws.

01-Dec-16
From my understanding there is no penalty for not enforcing the current law. I believe all they have to do is come up with a penalty and pass that.

01-Dec-16
penalty becomes mayor goes to jail.....no sanctuary cities the next day.

01-Dec-16
What SA said...

I don't understand why these politicians do this. Sure seems counter to the purpose of their jobs. Of course it is democrat mayors that push this...

01-Dec-16
Of course places like Colorado that refuses to obey federal law on dope are not even bothered at all.

01-Dec-16
maybe they should pass a law that the governor of Colorado goes to jail

01-Dec-16
This is one of the issues that falls within the federal purview.

01-Dec-16
As President, I think Trump will have the authority to withhold federal funds from cities and states which refuse to uphold federal laws. He won't need to get such a law passed.

" The Department of Justice’s Inspector General (IG) issued a memorandum in August that advised that sanctuary city practices violate federal law. The IG finding empowers Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), if confirmed as U.S. Attorney General, to strip sanctuary cities — including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Washington, D.C. — of certain federal law enforcement grants. He can also seek court orders to strip federal grants from any government entities refusing to comply with U.S. laws.

Sessions applauded the finding: “Now, the law and the American people demand that this Administration cease its acquiescence in this illegality. The Obama Administration must immediately take action to withhold significant federal law enforcement funding for these offending jurisdictions.”"

• Sitka Gear