Best Photo Slideshow Software
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Full_Curl 02-Dec-16
Timberlake 02-Dec-16
Anony Mouse 02-Dec-16
Full_Curl 04-Dec-16
02-Dec-16
Wondering what some of you more techie bowsiters like for creating your photo slideshows on a PC platform? I’ve used a few of the free applications but know there are many available for purchase as well. Just looking to see what others like to use…?

Also where do you get most of your audio files for the slideshows? Are there any decent sites that have a good free audio selection or is buying them the best option?

Thanks.

02-Dec-16

Timberlake's Link
Can't help you to much with slideshow software since the only slide shows I do are inside a website I created and that slideshow plugin is part of the content editor I use.

As for free audio, you can record any audio that goes through your computer (Pandora, iHeart, or any other website that plays the music you want). It's really quite simple to get CD quality music free but the legality of it is questionable. There's several websites that will show you how to do it but the one at the link walks you through it step by step.

02-Dec-16
Two open source programs that allow one to make a slide show and include music or narration are GIMP and LibreOffice Impress. Both are available for most operating systems and are free.

Libre Impress is the equivalent of MS's Powerpoint,which also can easily do slide shows. Impress operates very similar to PP, but is FREE.

GIMP is the equivalent of Photoshop and can do more and greater sophisticated manipulations of images than Impress. Files created with GIMP can be used in Impress. IMHO, Impress is easier to use to create a slide show, but GIMP can be used.

My son used Open Office (which is now maintained as LibreOffice)in high school and college as a substitute for MS Office (or whatever Microsoft calls it now) where the school used Microsoft's software without any compatibility problems and did numerous power points for his classes.

04-Dec-16
Thanks for the replies. Please keep the feedback coming.

I apologize for posting this question in multiple threads.

• Sitka Gear