Rocky 05-Dec-16
beaneater 05-Dec-16
HDE 05-Dec-16
Woods Walker 06-Dec-16
03-Dec-16
GAME OVER!!!!!!

Breaking: Green Party withdraws PA recount demand

DECEMBER 3, 2016 BY ED MORRISSEY

Looks like Jill Stein has run out of cash. CBS’ Pittsburgh affiliate reports that the Green Party can’t raise the $1 million bond for the Pennsylvania recount, and has withdrawn their demand. And with that, the election is well and truly over:

The Green Party is dropping its court case seeking a recount of Pennsylvania’s Nov. 8 presidential election. It had wanted to explore whether voting machines and systems had been hacked and the election result manipulated.

The Green Party’s filing came Saturday, saying it couldn’t afford the $1 million bond the court had set. A Commonwealth Court hearing had been scheduled in the case for Monday, and the $1 million bond was due later that day.

Pennsylvania was by far the toughest state for the recall, with a final gap of around 56,000 votes. There was no chance that a recount would even come within an order of magnitude of that gap, but the Stein campaign had insisted that the Keystone State still needed to do a hand recount of every ballot.

That ends the campaign. Without taking Pennsylvania off the Electoral College table, Trump can’t lose. Even if Stein manages to force the electors from Wisconsin and Michigan to miss the safe-harbor deadline and the Electoral College on December 19th by tying up both states in useless recounting, Trump still has 280 electors and a clear victory.

Even with that, though, Wisconsin looks like it’s well on its way to finishing its recount on time. Its Day 3 results show that almost a third of Wisconsin precincts have completed their recounts, accounting for over 705,000 of the 2.975 million ballots cast in the presidential race. The net change has been to find 349 additional votes. Trump has gained 138 votes and Hillary Clinton 126, which means that Trump has extended his lead by 12 points. That’s, er, not exactly what Stein promised donors who coughed up millions for this stupid and futile gesture.

Update: The court in Pennsylvania has put an exclamation point on the subject of recounts:

AND NOW, this 3rd day of December, 2016, Petitioners having filed a Praecipe to Discontinue and Withdraw the above-captioned matter, the hearing scheduled for Monday, December 5, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. is CANCELLED, and the Chief Clerk is directed to mark this matter CLOSED."

03-Dec-16
To those blithering idiots,, buffoons and George Soros funded moron's, all I have to say is this:

You threw away your money and 'F'd" yourself in support of one of the dumbest and most insane election pleas ever.

So go 'f' yourselves, you blithering idiots!

Maybe you can find a safe place to lick your wounds, but there will be no trigger warnings from the likes of me.

03-Dec-16
Her own Green Party ( a surrogate for the CPUSA) disowned her after she filed these recounts, as did her running mate!

03-Dec-16
Kyle,

Nice friend you are. Now Joshauf, glfight, Fra, KPC, Bowbender etc. just to name a few are on liberal suicide watch. ;-)

The Rock

03-Dec-16
Yeah, but I'm happy, happy, happy.

03-Dec-16
Kyle, I think you should express your sentiments with just a little more clarity. ;-)

03-Dec-16
Rocky,

I'll do better at being more direct next time.

Promise!

03-Dec-16
Rock,

Piss off. Never voted for a liberal since I've been old enough to vote. That was 1980. Just because I don't have chapped lips and calloused knees from worshipping Trump, doesn't make me a liberal. Clear? Or should I draw it in crayon?

04-Dec-16
Please refresh my memory of ANYONE on this site who thought this was anything but a scam and had less than zero chance of success. Not a one I can think of. None.

Uncalled for remarks are just that. Uncalled for.

Oh, wait.... did I have permission to post that???? Shucks.....

04-Dec-16
Bowfender,

When you graduate contact me. I will go to your prom. ;-)

The Rock

04-Dec-16
She is simply a puppet for the Clintons. If they can hold up the electors to the point where Trump has <270 the Democrats can try to continue to paint his 8 years as a bastard Presidency. Ironically, people are wising up to their ways and nonsense like this just solidifies the reason for their vote for Trump.

04-Dec-16
Rock,

Nothin' I'd like more than to "dance" with you.

04-Dec-16
That tells me your not only stupid but your a punk since you don't know me.

"I 'd like to dance".....and do what? What? What are you going to do talker?

The Rock

04-Dec-16
FYI, for those who can't comprehend what they read, my sentiments about those who supported Stein's recount insanity had NOTHING to do with anyone on the CF.

It dumbfounds me that a few here automatically brand anyone here who has ever so much as questioned or doubted anything Trump ever said or did, as a liberal.

UFB!

04-Dec-16
"That tells me your not only stupid but your a punk since you don't know me."

And you don't know me. Since I question Trump and his history, that makes me a liberal. I've pretty much had enough of your bullshit, Slades, and the rest of the #alwaystrumpfluffers. Your intolerance of any view point other than your own surpasses even the most ardent liberal.

Punk? Stupid? Whatever..... like I said piss off. You bore me. I extended an olive branch to you a few months back and said if you were ever in the area, lets have a beer or two and bullshit. You threw it back in my face like the small man that you are.

04-Dec-16
Bowbender,

Relax. Don't let the Trump thing drive you crazy. Your obviously are too young to have a heart attack over that stupid BS. I must admit that I do enjoy your anger when being called a liberal. You have that going for you. As far as dancing buddy my dancing days are long over. I ain't taking a beating these days any more. There is no percentage in it.

The Rock

04-Dec-16
Well said, Bowbender!!

What amazes me is how slade and others crap on anyone and everyone on the right who wasn't on the Trump train from the start.

Yet the only reason Trump won was because the huge majority of us voted for him in the general anyway.

So what do we get in return? Not a "thank you" for supporting him when it mattered most. No, in fact we get shat on even more!

UFB!

04-Dec-16
Thank You all those who voted Donald Trump. We are in your debt.

The Rock

04-Dec-16
How ANYONE who claims to be a conservative, knowing what Hillary would have done to the SCOTUS, NOT doing everything in their power to see to it that she DIDN'T get that opportunity, INCLUDING voting for Trump, is not a conservative at all.

Trump wound up being the only thing standing between her and Constitutional Armageddon. At least now there's still a CHANCE to promote conservatism. With Hillary it would have been non-existant.

Hopefully one day those people will wake up and realize how close we were to the brink and they were more than happy to help push us over.

04-Dec-16

04-Dec-16
Woods,

Truer words could not have been better spoken. " Principles" and knowing forehand the destruction it would have placed on this nation by anyone is traitorous. They can call it whatever they like NOW, because the nation was pulled from the precipice. NOW it is viewed as just a minor infraction, their dogged degradation of the ONLY person who could stop Clinton. These people WANTED Clinton to win and NEVER gave Trump a chance because they were smarter than the buffoons who backed him.

Bleeding on the inside they now tout the "victory" that was not possible as their own. BS. Many here laid their heats bare for Trump, baggage and all. They are the ones who deserve the front table.

The Rock

05-Dec-16
""crap on anyone and everyone on the right who wasn't on the Trump train from the start""

Poor little feeble victim, no make that a lying sniveling back slapping coat-tail riding weasel.

Anyone who was here at the start of the primaries knows exactly who started the name calling and crapping on, my ankle biting spineless snow flake. If anyone would like to go back and look they will see it was you the pathetic key board tuff guy who initially went after Jim in OH (probably the least confrontational poster on the CF), that was only the beginning of your High Chair Tyrant twaddle and then TSI started posting, you not only went after his opinion you personally disparaged his Business (a bowsite sponsor) with your foaming at the mouth attacks.

Well guess what my precious delicate lying capon. I have zip, zero nada respect for you fool, so keep bringing it snowflake and see where that gets you.

05-Dec-16
To paraphrase Josh's constant nagging, "Who did you vote for on the election, josh?"

Remember how many times he posed that WRT the primary?

He made his nest...let him live with it.

Rule 1: ignore

05-Dec-16
We have to "Thank them" for voting for Trump. What's next, we have to thank them for filling up their truck, because it's on empty, and the right thing to do? I'm not thanking anyone for voting for Trump. They live in the USA just like i do. They can vote, just like i can. If they couldn't see the way this country was headed, and have to get something in return, for voting for Trump, that's their problem. Some on here are UNBELIEVABLE. No wonder the USA is in the condition it's in.

05-Dec-16
And if you still fail to see the "condition" that we would have been in if Hillary had been elected then you still don't get it.

Here...let me present it another way. Here's a question..........

Trump won, Hillary lost. This is (choose one).......

1. A good thing. Hillary's NOT the President.

2. A bad thing. Hillary's NOT the President.

3. No difference.

05-Dec-16
"Linda Tripp – Jill-Hill Recount: A Frivolous Farce

by LINDA TRIPP, 4 Dec 2016

What is it with these women? Thanks to the Hillary and Jill Show, we keep hearing about recount efforts and the popular vote. This is a national rabbit hole no one actually needed to explore.

The map was saturated in red right down to countless counties across the entire heart of the heartland and beyond. It was a sight to see. With the exception of those reliable bastions of liberalism on the two coasts, the sea of deep red represented Hillary’s total and embarrassing shellacking. In fact, absent these out of touch but highly populated areas of the country, it was a complete and total landslide. Jill Stein barely registered on the Richter scale. That is what history will reflect and no contrived recount will change that. Sorry, Ladies.

Bottom line, the electoral map does not lie.

For the record, there have been no serious or substantiated allegations of voter fraud or malfeasance. In fact, there has been no indication of voter problems at all. In a nod to what can only be seen as a frivolous endeavor, Jill Stein herself has acknowledged the recount will not alter the outcome of the election. That leaves vanity, pure and simple. On steroids.

The nation is forced to endure both the continuing narcissism of Jill Stein and the desperation of Hillary Clinton. In the face of this, and in stark contrast, we saw President-Elect Trump at the Carrier plant in Indiana. He had just pulled off an unprecedented pre-inauguration feat by actually saving more than 1,000 jobs for actual people, a concept President Obama had ill-advisedly and very publicly mocked earlier in the year. This time I don’t think he can blame it on Fox News.

If you watched President Elect Trump at his enormous rally in Ohio on the first leg of the ticket’s thank you tour, you might just have felt goose bumps. The voters know selfless patriotism when they see it. His vanity did not need stroking, his personal coffers were overflowing, he did not seek the presidency for gain. His pledge to the American people was as heartfelt as it was inclusive, and most importantly of all, it was believable. His agenda is America’s agenda. What a novel concept. Supporters and detractors alike need to fasten their seatbelts, it’s going to be a ride like no other.

It was Mark Twain who said, “There are no grades of vanity. There are only grades of ability in concealing it.” Between Hillary Clinton and Jill Stein, they are failing miserably. Prior to this delusional recount effort, few in this country could have picked Jill out of a line up. Not even making it to the debate stage, she had, of course, zero chance of winning anything.

How swiftly things change. Now she is raking in money hand over fist from unidentified sources and her name and her face are plastered all over the place. The upshot is the Green Party is left with more money (and a kick a$$ donor list) than ever before. A win-win for the self indulgent Jill Stein. A lose-lose for the country. At least until someone finds the hook that will yank both she and her cohort off the national stage.

It is precisely this sort of nonsense against which the country rebelled. Because her name made it on to the ballot in several states, her “rights” as a candidate give her “standing” to force a recount. This can only be seen as a joke. Absolutely no indication of voter fraud, hacking or irregularity of any kind exists. Aside from fomenting division, the futile effort is a nefarious manipulation of the system for personal gain, an area where Hillary Clinton excels. It is exorbitantly expensive. And it serves to delay the coming together of the country as we are forced to sit back and watch this train wreck unfold. Our election laws allow this self-indulgent exercise, self-indulgent because it is totally without merit, basis or even justification.

Go figure.

This stalling tactic is designed, among other things, to keep the country in limbo as long as possible.

No reasonable person would argue that recounts are a good thing when voter fraud of any kind is shown to be an issue. At the very least there should be some indicator that irregularities exist before a recount is sanctioned. Even the White House has conceded there are none.

This is not a legitimate recount. Rather, it is a multifaceted effort in the guise of a recount. For Jill Stein, it is first and foremost an effort to finally propel her to national prominence, an elusive concept for her in this past election. It is also designed to prepare her for a real run in 2020. Her post election shenanigans have ensured she will have deep coffers to be able to do so. She will gin up money for years to come, all based on the baseless recount. As to Hillary Clinton, it is a final desperate gasp at her last chance to delegitimize the duly won election of President Elect Trump. They say every ass loves to hear himself bray. That pretty much sums it up.

Everyone but Jill Stein knows she was never a serious candidate. So they can recount ‘til the cows come home and the end result would still be the same. She has had and will have zero chance of coming close to winning anything. “Standing” or not. Hillary forgot to visit Wisconsin, and, as they say, you reap what you sow.

Keep in mind, the Clinton campaign left no stone unturned following the election. Their hawks were in place. They know there is no “there” there. Hillary is painfully aware that this is an exercise in futility. Still, they joined the effort to ensure “fairness.”

It appears even in the midst of deeply seated sour grapes, hope springs eternal. I know from personal experience, in any Clinton endeavor you check your integrity at the door. Now it seems common sense has gone the way of the wind as well.

The whole thing is becoming less a distraction and more a national embarrassment. The eyes of the world are on us now more than ever. They see a government-sanctioned play of egotism on the part of two pompous sore losers who are desperately gumming up the works because they can. It may be downright entertaining for our friends and foes, but this show of gratuitous vanity only serves to dim the light on our unparalleled electoral system. That should not be allowed to happen.

While admittedly harsh, it is hard not to be completely dumbstruck by the foot stomping of the two female presidential candidates in this election. Where is Gary Johnson in all this? He had at least as much chance as this Green Party candidate if not more, and for better or worse, thanks to Aleppo, his face and name were pretty well known by election day.

If there is any national comfort to be taken from all this, it is that this is the ultimate icing on Hillary and Jill’s presidential cakes and it is a significant part of how they will be remembered in history’s assessment of the 2016 election.

I want our five incredible granddaughters and all their many peers across the country to be able to look up to female presidential candidates as aspirational role models. For many reasons, these two self-consumed specimens aren’t it."

05-Dec-16
A fed judge ordered the recount today. The states should tell him to pay for it. How can you order anyone to do something that is impossible to do in the time given by law to do it? God bless, Steve

05-Dec-16
Why not do recounts in States that Hillary won? You know,........to check the integrity of the votes that were cast!!

05-Dec-16
slade,

You forgot "poo-poo-head!"

But perhaps you won't learn that term until you graduate to the third grade.

05-Dec-16
"Recanvass in major PA county shows no problem with ballot machines

DECEMBER 5, 2016 BY ED MORRISSEY

Allegheny County put Jill Stein’s conspiracy theories of ballot-machine tampering to the test — and the Greens came up empty, as WPXI in Pittsburgh reports. A recanvass of ballot machines in the second-most populous county in Pennsylvania resulted in no changes at all since Election Night, throwing the premise of Stein’s lawsuit into serious practical doubt. This won’t satisfy Stein’s supporters, which readers will see for themselves in this clip, but it might make a federal judge question the necessity of a recount in Pennsylvania that the state has rejected (via David Shawver)

Election officials in Allegheny County finished recanvassing dozens of voting districts Monday, with no changes in the election results.

A recanvass is not the same as a recount. Elections Division staff compared the final results from the voting machines in 52 districts to the results on the flash memory cards.

The recanvass took place under direction from an Allegheny county judge who denied a Republican objection to a demand from the Green Party. Rather than a hand recount, as Stein wants in every county, the recanvass checked each machine’s tally against the submission to the state. As uniformly expected from everyone but the Greens, the tallies matched up, showing no discrepancies and no indications of tampering.

This puts the county in position to certify its results, although they’re delaying that step to review more recount requests. Needless to say, Stein’s supporters still aren’t satisfied:

Douglas E. Lieb, an attorney for Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein, said in a three-page letter sent Sunday to Wolosik, the county elections head, that the county “has the authority and in fact the duty to permit forensic examination by independent experts” of machines and computers used in the election.

The federal court hearing Stein’s lawsuit might feel differently. Stein’s technically suing over the $1 million bond requirement for a recount demand, but she wants the judge to order a recount in any way she can get it. Her premise is that the ballot machines are unreliable, so this demonstration of reliability in a county that went heavily for Hillary Clinton (56.44% vs 40.03% for Donald Trump) should factor into the judge’s decision on an extraordinary demand for relief at taxpayers’ expense. But who knows? There seemed to be no reason to recount Wisconsin either, and judges still insisted on it — although not on hand recounts, as Stein wanted.

By the way, Nevada has begun a recount, too — a pilot sample demanded by an even fringier candidate than Stein. Its purpose is explicitly put the shoe on the other foot:

Meanwhile, a recount of a sample of ballots has begun in Nevada, at the request of independent presidential candidate Roque De La Fuente.

Clinton won in Nevada, and De La Fuente finished last. But De La Fuente requested and paid about $14,000 last week for the recount, which he called a counterbalance to the review sought by Stein in Wisconsin. If the sample shows a discrepancy of at least 1 percent for De La Fuente or Clinton, a full recount will be launched in all 17 Nevada counties.

Don’t hold your breath on this effort. Recounts don’t generate full-percentage-point changes; the range is almost always around 0.02%. Besides, De La Fuente was going to file a recount demand himself in Wisconsin before Stein beat him to it, and last week he was talking about filing for one in Florida, another Trump state. At least Nevada has a rational process of sampling results and checking for a problem before going all-in on statewide recounts. Pennsylvania has just conducted something similar in Allegheny, and maybe a federal judge will make use of that to tell Stein to pay up or go home." "

05-Dec-16
hmmmm. landslide. Some people right there on the CF said that and don't even get honorable mention. That sounds all too familiar. :-)

The Rock

05-Dec-16
No landslide.

Trump won in a squeaker.

100,000 votes the other way in three states and we have "Madam President."

05-Dec-16
I am one of those that believe the removal of the illegal alien votes would have Trump winning in a landslide. They won't look into that.

05-Dec-16
hmmmm. landslide. Some people right there on the CF said that and don't even get honorable mention. That sounds all too familiar. :-)

The Rock

05-Dec-16

The Rock

05-Dec-16
Why aren't they asking for recounts in states that Hilliary won?

05-Dec-16
Kalifornia is hardly disputable.

Nva, "madam" president? You can't be serious about the madam part, maybe "shrew" or something :-)

06-Dec-16
Or how about "Your B*tchness"? Could you imagine having to hear that harpy shriek for the next 4 years? OMG!!!! No wonder Bill looks like a corpse, and most of the time he's not around her.

• Sitka Gear