sleepyhunter 06-Jan-17
HDE 06-Jan-17
sleepyhunter 06-Jan-17
HDE 06-Jan-17
sleepyhunter 06-Jan-17
Shoots-Straight 06-Jan-17
03-Jan-17
"So much for individual rights like property ownership!"

Bundy didn't own any of the land designated a monument. I think that point should be clear.

03-Jan-17
Gov't can only do eminent domain if it is totally necessary for the betterment of society and they have to compensate you fairly, otherwise it is illegal [search and] seizure. National Monuments are hardly a necessary cause.

In this particular case, the monument has been made out of BLM land, not private.

03-Jan-17
So if Obama can just declare some place a national park on his own, without congress.... why can't Trump just undeclare it the same way? Same as an executive order.

03-Jan-17
Uhh, Doc, the land was never the states, it was BLM and is fed...

This is nothing more than an in-your-face politicized stunt.

04-Jan-17
PD has been having break downs quite a bit since jumping on the Trump train....

"> This is not Bundy land nor do they have any rights to it"

I thought they had a 100 year lease?

Spike inspires conversation and has always posted this type of stuff, don't like it, don't read it, not hard....

"In this particular case, the monument has been made out of BLM land, not private."

What does Black Lives Matter have to do with any of this? They own land? .....;^)

04-Jan-17
I am for landowners rights......but I have to agree Pig Doc that Cliven Bundy is a criminal and an idiot.

04-Jan-17
My bad, Bureau of Land Management. Confusing, I know ;^)

04-Jan-17
Bundy just should have taken what the Government gave him and not tried to burn their land he leased. This is like blacks burning down their own neighborhoods. The Government always wins....

04-Jan-17
anyone can say anything they want Spike. Doesn't mean it's true....I think Pig Doc is talking about people exercising some CRITICAL thinking.

04-Jan-17

gflight's Link
"But within state boundaries the Constitution grants no authority to retain acreage for unenumerated purposes, such as land for grazing, mineral development, agriculture, forests, or parks.

Once a state is created and is thereby no longer a territory, the federal government has a duty to dispose of tracts not used for enumerated purposes."

"Let’s look at the county where Bundy’s lease is located. Clark County, NV, at one time had 52 lease holders on federal land. Bundy is the only one left, and the only reason the government hasn’t run him off is because he’s simply refused to go.

Bundy probably made his case in a bad way and, ultimately, the federal government will win. There’s no doubt about that; he’s already lost twice in appeals. No one can fight the power of the federal government, with all the resources and options at its disposal.

What Bundy did, however, was point out that the system is broken. It doesn’t matter if the rationale is to save turtles, fish, mice or prairie chickens, the federal government is eliminating not only grazing but the entire multiple-use concept on federal lands."

04-Jan-17

gflight's Link
From the Nevada Cattleman's association....

"In Bundy’s case the designation of his grazing area as a critical habitat for the endangered desert tortoise gave the BLM the rationale they needed to order a 500% decrease in his cattle numbers. s. There never was any scientific proof that cattle had historically harmed the desert tortoise."

http://www.nevadacattlemen.org/ News Release

04-Jan-17
"No one can fight the power of the federal government, with all the resources and options at its disposal."

They can and will win if they only understood the Constitution. That document prevents the federal gov't from always winning. Otherwise, our whole system of government is a farce, which it is not.

You do something illegal, aka break the law, and the Constitution can't protect you.

04-Jan-17
"What's this have to do with anything Spike posted? Your article is almost 3 years old."

Showing the background and the Constitutional aspect....

"This was not Bundy land and was not leased by Bundy."

It was land Bundy leased by many reports and touches his ranch. Adding Insult to Injury for fighting the Government.... "It is unfortunate, then, that Gold Butte—at 300,000 acres, the smaller of the two newly designated national monuments—should abut the Bundy ranch, where, in 2014, the family patriarch Cliven Bundy led an armed standoff with federal agents who’d seized 400 of his cattle after twenty years of letting them graze on protected land."

04-Jan-17
Brotsky,

"Bundy didn't own any of the land designated a monument. I think that point should be clear."

Nor has he been paying most of the rent he owes for his grazing rights. These are monies he owes the citizens of the USA. Bundy believes the land he grazes his livestock on is somehow 'his' land, even though it s clearly not.

But hey! Never let the facts get in the way between a good Spikey Conspiracy Theory and reality!

04-Jan-17
Funny how some "ranchers" think fed land they graze is theirs. Happens in NM all the time.

04-Jan-17
For 15 years, as a result of my involvement with two sportsman's NGOs and the deadly disease domestic sheep transmit to wild sheep, I've dealt with cattlemen and woolgrowers who graze on public land. Almost to a man, they consider the PUBLIC land they graze on to be "their" land.

04-Jan-17
I know I don't know the full gambit of details leading up to the bruhaha, but the BLM does not need a SWAT team...

04-Jan-17
I know one thing. Public Welfare Programs has out grazed every Bison that has ever walked this earth.

The Rock

04-Jan-17
+1 Rock

04-Jan-17
+2

04-Jan-17
HDE, I have several friends here who work at BLM. They have been dealing with large, illegal pot grows here on BLM land, protected by armed guards and booby traps. That's why BLM has SWAT teams.

04-Jan-17
Obama is using the Antiquities Act to declare the lands as National Monuments to build up his legacy and to aggravate the Republicans before he leaves office. Has nothing to do with the Bundy Ranch.

05-Jan-17
bad karma, that is for the DEA and FBI to handle, not BLM. BLM is a land management entity, nothing more, nothing less. And, I have worked around BLM day in and day out for years in industry, that's how I know that.

05-Jan-17
SpikeBull, what makes you think you're entitled to "respect" when your posts are utter bullshit?

05-Jan-17

JRW's embedded Photo
JRW's embedded Photo

05-Jan-17
YUP!

05-Jan-17
HDE, that's your opinion, and that's fine. If I'm the BLM director for Colorado, and I need a SWAT team to deal with an illegal grow operation near Rangeley, I'd have no interest in calling the FBI or DEA and waiting for them to respond. I'd want my own team. Nonetheless, there is good reason for them to need a SWAT team, which probably just means some officers have gone through the training rather than a dedicated team. The BLM does, on occasion, need a SWAT team. Whether they need their own dedicated SWAT team is debatable.

05-Jan-17
Opinions have nothing to do with it, and I agree - a dedicated SWAT is debatable and likely unwarranted.

05-Jan-17
gflight,

"I thought they had a 100 year lease?"

Perhaps. But a lease requires that you make annual payments on said lease, which Bundy has been refusing to do.

So rightfully so, he's lost his lease.

What's your problem with that?

05-Jan-17
He does if he's not using it for graze...

And if anyone is going to cry BS you'd damn sure better be able to say why otherwise it's just BS as well.

05-Jan-17
" they are going to start calling you names and accusing you of being a hater, a bully and a liberal"

Masterdebater, you left out troll and conceited blowhard. Try to keep up.

06-Jan-17
And Doc, as long as he's not grazing he has valid rights the same as anyone else...

What he may owe is between him and Sam.

06-Jan-17
Don't worry about it Spike. There are wolf packs on here that love to encircle then thrill kill. Happens to some of us from time to time. I quit caring about what others thought a long time ago.

When someone gets PO'd about a post you (in the general sense) make, then there is probably some truth somewhere.

It's OK to disagree. It's not OK to be disagreeable...

06-Jan-17
I can sum this entire argument up in one sentence I overheard a rancher say to a local warden during an antelope hunt a few years ago. Rancher to warden, "Why don't you do your job and keep these damn hunters from trespassing on my BLM land."

I am a huge supporter of property rights, anyone who knows me knows that I often take unpopular stances with sportsmen in favor of landowner rights here at home on a few hot button issues locally. I'm also a huge supporter of keeping public lands public. The rights have to exist for both entities equally.

06-Jan-17

JRW's embedded Photo
JRW's embedded Photo

06-Jan-17
"When did it become acceptable to use vulgar language on the CF?"

An liberal idiot troll who whined constantly about the TOT's got his way and now we get vulgar language on the CF.

06-Jan-17
What's a "TOT"?

06-Jan-17
Thread Owner Tools

06-Jan-17
Didn't know they were taken away.

06-Jan-17

KFC after the TOT's were taken away.

06-Jan-17

Shoots-Straight's Link
I live in the West. The war is coming from the well organized Alt Right Wing element in our country that's attempting to steal our public lands. The HR passed just the other day is the beginning of that war.

• Sitka Gear