Scar Finga 07-Jan-17
Woods Walker 07-Jan-17
Kurt in Memphis 08-Jan-17
sundowner 09-Jan-17
Thumper 09-Jan-17
deadeye 10-Jan-17
Woods Walker 11-Jan-17
03-Jan-17
These can be from a book, speech, or whatever. I've always liked this one. What's yours?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.".........Robert Heinlein

03-Jan-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I learned it in fifth grade and it has impacted my life more than any other words I have ever heard or read.

And one that is just for fun: "It can go either way just as well as the other - or not." A sleep-deprived Mennonite college student friend.

04-Jan-17
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

04-Jan-17
"There is no way that Donald Trump will win the Republican Primary."

-joshuaf

There is no way that Donald Trump will win the general election."

-joshuaf

There is no way that Donald Trump will govern from the right."

-joshuaf

04-Jan-17
"Southerners are polite to the point where they are mad enough to kill you."

- Mark Twain

04-Jan-17
Tony, that is one of my all time favorites. Happens to be true with many folks I know.:)

Romans 8:28 : "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - I find this true even in the worst of times. In fact, meditating on this Scripture has helped me immensely through those very tough times.

04-Jan-17
It's not that I can and they can't It's that I will and they won't.

04-Jan-17
Here I sit broken hearted tried to sh#t but only farted

04-Jan-17
"You're getting very good at doing it wrong"

I remember my Grandfather saying that to one of my Uncles when I was a kid.

04-Jan-17
The guy who says "I Can", and the guy who says "I Can't" are both correct.

That's a self quote after dealing with literally hundreds of people in the Construction Industry. There is way to many people, in this world, lacking confidence in themselves.

04-Jan-17
My best friend/hunting buddy's response to being asked where to find deer......

"They are, where they're at, when they're there."

04-Jan-17
If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.Yogi Berra

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. Yogi Berra

Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. Michael Jordan

04-Jan-17
"I ain't ever seen'em, but my common sense tells me; that the Andes is foothills, and the Alps is fer children to climb, these Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world!"

"... in fact you're probably seein double"... "I've got two guns, one for each of ya."

These are just some fun ones, not real serious.

04-Jan-17
On a serious note, Rob Nye's is actually one of my favorites.

04-Jan-17
"if you can't improve upon the silence, then please contribute to it."

And one from my father, on boys and work: "One boy is a boy......Two boys are half a boy.....And three boys ain't no boy at all."

04-Jan-17
"Normal thinking, normal attitudes and normal behavior gets normal results."

Or, to put it another way, "If you're normal, just what is it you have to offer anyone?"

04-Jan-17
Half of the people can be part right all of the time,

Some of the people can be all right part of the time, But all of the people can't be all right all of the time. I think Abraham Lincoln said that.

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours." I said that. -- Bob Dylan

I can't format lines and paragraphs on the new Bowsite format........

I said that............... Joey ward

:-)

04-Jan-17
"keep your friends close..and your enemies closer" Michael Corleone

"don't let anyone outside the family know what your thinking" Vito Corleone

"if your not getting better, you are getting worse" unknown

"never mind the pain....show me the baby" Bill Parcells

04-Jan-17

sleepyhunter's embedded Photo
sleepyhunter's embedded Photo

04-Jan-17
Two that have always stuck with me are..

When I was young and wanted everything under the sun my Dad told me "Be careful son; the man that has everything has everything to lose."

When I'd act up my Mom would say "I'll knock you ass over tea kettle!" (and she meant it!)

04-Jan-17
I brought you into this world, I can take you out. Mom.

Well if you die I can always make another, Dad when I would want to do something stupid.

Terry

04-Jan-17
"Never is a man so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

"A sick or dying child should never have to settle for second best" Benefit4Kids on granting outdoor wishes for kids.

04-Jan-17
"Quit hogging the dog." A buddy of mine while camped on the ice. It was -37* for a low that night.

"You can be married six or seven times and each of those women can be a good woman, ...but you only get one good dog." A toothless old guy we were buying minnows from.

"Aaawooooooooooooo... " Same dog, same trip... every time Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" came on the radio. My buddy couldn't believe that my dog had a favorite song.

My kids came across a picture of the dog, brought back some fun memories.

04-Jan-17
I think it was Steven Seagal who said: I'm not going to get married any more, I'm just going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house.

04-Jan-17
That was Rod Stewart, Ace.

;-)

04-Jan-17
"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?" my Grandpa Delbert. Showed me how to work and to work hard.

04-Jan-17
Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying... Andy Dufresne, played by Tim Robbins, Shawshank Redemption.

04-Jan-17
"Nature isn't necessarily cruel, just extremely intolerant of the foolish and unprepared."......unknown

"Let them hate so long as they fear.".......... , Lucius Accius, Roman poet 170-86 BC.

04-Jan-17
On Down the Road.......

Hold to the course, though the storms are about you;

Stick to the road where the banner still flies;

Fate and his legions are ready to rout you--

Give 'em both barrels--and aim for their eyes'.

Life's not a rose bed, a dream or a bubble,

A living in clover beneath cloudless skies;

And Fate hates a fighter who's looking for trouble,

So give 'im both barrels--and shoot for the eyes.

Fame never comes to the loafers and sitters,

Life's full of knots in a shifting disguise;

Fate only picks on the cowards and quitters,

So give 'em both barrels--and aim for the eyes

-- Grantland Rice, From "The Sportlight."

04-Jan-17
This is from President John Adams to his son Thomas when he began to express an interest in public life...........

"Public business, my son, must always be done by somebody. It will be done by somebody or other. If wise men decline it, others will not; if honest men refuse it, others will not. A young man should weigh well his plans. Integrity should be preserved in all events as essential to his happiness, through every stage of his existence.

*****His first maxim then should be to place his honor out of reach of all men. In order to do this he must make it a rule never to come dependent on public employments for his subsistence.***** [emphasis mine...]

Let him have a trade, a profession, a farm, a shop, something where he can honestly live, and then he may engage in public affairs, if invited, upon independent principles. My advice to my children is to maintain an independent character."

04-Jan-17
"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good." ~ Unknown

04-Jan-17
"People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who do"

Mark Twain??

04-Jan-17
"Attitude reflects leadership...captain" (Remember the Titans) This one comes to my mind a lot lately.

04-Jan-17
"A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the decency to thank her." WC Fields

My wife bought me a T-shirt with that on it.

I always use to tell my two boys that "an astronaut can dig a ditch, but a ditch digger isn't an astronaut." My fatherly attempt at getting them to strive for something much bigger than myself.

04-Jan-17
“If you’re going to point your finger at someone (blame); you can start by standing in front of the mirror.” Said by my mother (many times) when reprimanding me, my sister and brother.

04-Jan-17
I don't abide rudeness in a man! Capt. Woodrow call

04-Jan-17
"Can't never could, because it didn't try". My parents would say this whenever I complained by using the words "I can't"

04-Jan-17
"It's not a mistake if you can fix it" ! ~Uncle Adolf~ (he's a Carpenter) :^)

04-Jan-17

Jim Moore's Link
"When your sense of self depends on being oppressed, you cannot afford to run out of oppression. " Fred Reed on Everything Column. He wrote a column on feminists, mostly of the radical stripe. Pretty good read should you care to.

04-Jan-17
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. --------- Thomas Jefferson

04-Jan-17

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

04-Jan-17

sureshot's embedded Photo
sureshot's embedded Photo

04-Jan-17

Hawkarcher's embedded Photo
Hawkarcher's embedded Photo

04-Jan-17
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phillipians 4:13

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. Harry S. Truman

05-Jan-17
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge" Steven Hawking

I had a boss that fit this perfectly.

05-Jan-17
"Never Give Up. Never Give Up. Never, Ever, Ever Give Up!" .................Sir Winston Churchill (NOT Jimmy Valvano!)

05-Jan-17
"Life is short. Write the check!"

05-Jan-17
"You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first."

05-Jan-17
"There are but three kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and statistics." Mark Twain

05-Jan-17
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." Winston Churchill.

06-Jan-17
About the time your begin to think your humble, you realize your not. - I can't remember

06-Jan-17
"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed."

Mark Twain

07-Jan-17
I like to tell my American buddies that the USA is the world leader at being south of Canada.

07-Jan-17
"It ain't dyin' I'm talkin' about, it's livin'!" Augustus McCrae

07-Jan-17
Always one of my favourites! I learned this in 3rd grade and I still remember it! Proverbs 1:1-6 1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in His law doth he meditate day and night. 3 . And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

SCAR.

07-Jan-17
"Never be afraid of setting your goals too high.".............. Maeve Kyle, my Irish aunt, to me personally, in 1964.

Aunt Maeve was a three time Olympian and the first woman ever to make the Olympic team for the Republic of Ireland. That was in 1956 (Melbourne) and the very idea of a woman being on the Olympic team was very controversial at that time.

07-Jan-17
Fate whispered to the warrior "You can't handle the storm" The warrior whispered to fate "I am the storm"

07-Jan-17
As I have said many times before... Bowsite needs a like button! So many great quotes and Bible versus!

God Bless!

Scar.

07-Jan-17
"Some people go through life wondering if they've made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."..................Ronald Reagan

08-Jan-17
A fool knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing. Oscar Wilde

09-Jan-17
Really like that one Woods. And absolutely true!

09-Jan-17
President Sergio Osmena: You see, General, my people are going to laugh if I fell in deep water. I cannot swim! General Douglas MacArthur: That's not so bad, Mr. President. Everyone's about to see that I can't walk on water.

10-Jan-17
“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

Teddy Roosevelt, speaking at the Sorbonne in Paris, April 23, 1910

Sorry its such a long quote, but i try to read it every morning while getting ready for the day!

11-Jan-17
"Me, Smith, and Wesson"

"You don't listen, do you a**hole??"

Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry

• Sitka Gear