NvaGvUp 06-Jan-17
Shuteye 06-Jan-17
Stumpkiller 07-Jan-17
sportoutfitter 07-Jan-17
Amoebus 07-Jan-17
Thumper 07-Jan-17
Coyote 65 07-Jan-17
06-Jan-17
I lived in Hillsborough for twenty years. I knew we had 'cats a-plenty in the area, but never actually saw one.

06-Jan-17
My neighbor across the street walked outside at 5:00 am and was shocked to see a female with two almost grown cubs in her driveway. That was two weeks ago. Last week a doe was killed 1/4 mi. up the street. Lots of open land around Crystal Springs Res.,and lots of deer in there. But they ARE endangered so we can't hunt them. Right.

06-Jan-17
We live in the county just outside Mesa, AZ. Our neighbours have lions out by their pool and in the back yard multiple times.

06-Jan-17
Stumpkiller,

Of course, as you know, they are not endangered.

What's endangered is the ability of the majority of Californians to have even a tiny little clue about nature and wildlife.

06-Jan-17
I have a cousin that lives in Montana and he sends pictures of mountain lions and great big bears in his backyard. The Little Bighorn river runs right through his property.

07-Jan-17
NVA As you know, the voters on the coast dictate what happens here, and those of us that have a clue are way outnumbered. Should be fun to see what the bear population does in the next 5-10 years, we know what the cat population did.

07-Jan-17
I wonder what the "voters on the coast" think about picking up the tab for a sex change operation on a convicted killer. Going to be transferred to a female prison. Only in California

07-Jan-17
Stumpkiller ". But they ARE endangered so we can't hunt them. Right."

From the CA DFW site:

Are mountains lions listed as a threatened or endangered species?

Mountain lions are not threatened nor endangered in California. In fact, the lion population is relatively high in California and their numbers appear to be stable. Mountain lions are legally classified as "specially protected species". This has nothing to do with their relative abundance and does not imply that they are rare.

07-Jan-17
Ends that deer's flower eating career.

I read where Calif quit relocating problem Mt. Lions to extent its range within the state, the lions adapted and started killing and eating LWL's.

For sure you can not leave the kids unattended and unsupervised.

SSS

07-Jan-17
Had a lion kill in the neighbors yard about 400 yards from my house. The neighbor dumped the dead deer in the national forest and the next day when he was showing the game warden where he had dumped it there was a bear feeding on it. Scar Finga you will know where this is. Vicinity of Christopher Creek.

Terry

• Sitka Gear