Moultrie Mobile
McConnell Caves Again......Or maybe NOT!
Community
Contributors to this thread:
NvaGvUp 06-Jan-17
Woods Walker 06-Jan-17
kentuckbowhnter 07-Jan-17
Woods Walker 07-Jan-17
The Mutt 07-Jan-17
NvaGvUp 07-Jan-17
Woods Walker 07-Jan-17
WV Mountaineer 07-Jan-17
Squash 08-Jan-17
06-Jan-17
"Democrats hoping to whip up objections to Trump’s cabinet picks are already struggling. The GOP leadership has scheduled six confirmations for next Wednesday, a day already crowded with other activity. From Politico:

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has personally urged Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) not to schedule simultaneous hearings on Trump’s selections, warning that such a move would test the new relationship between the two leaders.

But the GOP ignored the entreaty by scheduling the attorney general, secretary of state, CIA director, education secretary, homeland security chief and transportation secretary all for the same day.

“Not acceptable. I’ve told that to Mitch McConnell,” Schumer said in an interview Thursday. “I don’t think my members would find what they did appropriate or acceptable … I talked to Sen. McConnell last night, we had a very good discussion. I am hopeful we can resolve this.”…

“They’ve made pretty clear they intend to slow down and resist and that doesn’t provide a lot of incentive or demonstrate good faith to negotiate changes. So I think we’re going to just be plowing ahead,” said Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas)."

06-Jan-17
They lost. That what it means...you have no power. Just like the GOP was when the Dems rammed Obama Care Tax up our a**. Now they can ram it up THEIR a**!

07-Jan-17
when you are in the majority you vote, when you are in the minority you speak.

07-Jan-17
Well.....but let's not forget some VERY recent history. In the case of our CURRENT Republican leaders, they also CAVE, a lot.

07-Jan-17
Elections have consequences.Muhhahahahahahahaha!!!

07-Jan-17
WW,

You play with the cards you're dealt.

When you don't have a majority in all three branches, esp. when your guy is not the POTUS, your choices are very limited. As a result, you do what you can, which is very unlikely to be what you want.

07-Jan-17
If they really did do what they could, or at least TRIED, I wouldn't fault them for it. But not only did they not even try, they actually AIDED AND ABETTED Obama's crap by funding every damn thing he wanted! And in the last two years they most certainly did have to power do de-fund the bastard's BS.....and they did the exact opposite.

No, it'll be a LOOONG time...if ever...that I would trust or rely on people like McConnell, Ryan and Boehner.

07-Jan-17
WW X 2

08-Jan-17
Never a truer description of up-Chuck Schumer, "head clown".

• Sitka Gear