NvaGvUp 08-Jan-17
HDE 08-Jan-17
Ace 08-Jan-17
NvaGvUp 08-Jan-17
07-Jan-17

Salagi's Link
At least according to Schumer

07-Jan-17
the dems cant fight, the R's have the majority and reeds nuclear option in place so they just need a simple majority to approve judicial appointments.

07-Jan-17
schumer on maddow, far more effective than Ipecac syrup

bless their hearts

07-Jan-17
In 2018 there is an election come up and a bunch of Senate seats are on tap. The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats. Ten of those seats the democrats hold are in states that Trump just won. Me thinks the democrats will want a chance to hold their seats and will end up voting for Trump's pick. Now that is just what I think and I have been wrong before.

07-Jan-17

Anony Mouse's Link

Related link: The Dems have nothing in the post Obama era. Most of their electeds understand that. Any like the link indicates who want to "resist we much" may well poison the well such that there will be no way for their party to get any bipartisan opportunity when it comes to legislation. Already there is regret for some of their past "accomplishments"--the tools they once used as weapons against the GoP are now in the hands of their enemies--who has a leader that will press them to use if necessary.

There will be a significant number of Democrats who will put self preservation above party loyalty.

07-Jan-17
He don't even know who it will be and he says he'll fight it. That right there should have his ass ousted.

07-Jan-17
I think mcain,Lindsay graham and the trump hating rinos will pose more problems getting things done than the schumer type demonrats

07-Jan-17
longbowbud X 2

08-Jan-17
Ol' "Chuck You" Schumer is just doing what Democrats to best.....running off at the mouth and lying. Republicans do that too, especially as they get more "RINO" and spend more time in elected office. Ryan and McConnell come to mind.

08-Jan-17
Didn't reeds nuclear option exclude SCOTUS appointments?

08-Jan-17
kentuck,

Reid eliminated the filibuster for judicial appointments, EXCEPT for SCOTUS.

The GOP could pull the same trick by requiring only a majority for SCOTUS nominees, but it's questionable they'd do that.

08-Jan-17
True, tit for tat. It would come back and bite them hard like it is biting the dems super hard right now.

08-Jan-17
Imagine the pressure that Trump could bring to bear by tweeting out Schumer's or Warren's, email address or office phone number and asking people to contact them to say: "please cooperate". Guys like Manchin of WV are already making noise about supporting Trump's picks. He's running for reelection in '18 and there are a lot of people n WV who voted for Trump in Nov. I'm thinking a few barks from the Dems, and very little bite.

08-Jan-17
There are almost TWO HUNDRED vacant seats on federal courts right now. Trump will be nominating justices for ALL of those vacancies and there's not a damned thing Chucky Schumer can do to stop every single one of them from being confirmed.

Thanks, Harry!

• Sitka Gear