WV Mountaineer 10-Jan-17
Woods Walker 10-Jan-17
HDE 10-Jan-17
Woods Walker 11-Jan-17
LINK 11-Jan-17
Rocky 11-Jan-17
gflight 11-Jan-17
10-Jan-17
Ted Cruz excoriated the comedian Al Franken and made him to be the fool he is. What in the hell is wrong with the people in Minnesota? Franken, Ventura. Time for them to change their name to Minnefornia.

The Rock

10-Jan-17
I agree he was pretty impressive. Interesting to watch. I am working at some renos today mostly and mostly listening to Fox News. Here in Canada the elected leader appoints a cabinet and that's the end of it, no confirmation required. If the leader determines the cabinet appointees aren't doing a good job they replace them. If the people think they are doing a bad job the Leader gets tossed in the next election. Not sure which system is better but CDN system is a lot quicker (and I'm guessing way cheaper).

10-Jan-17
Cruz will hopefully be the one to pick the reins up after Trump lays the ground work to help kick start America again. Cruz is a true conservative that will back politics out of markets and, our lives better than anyone I know of. People call Regan a conservative. He was for the better part. But, even he pails in comparison to Cruz. I pray for understanding of Gods will. I pray for level playing fields for American business. Then I pray it goes so conservative that we never cross that line again.

Cruz seems to be one of a few that truly understands the importance of adhering to the Constitution. That excites me about him. Plus he is a very moral man that I truly believe is so anti establishment, we couldn't go wrong with him as our leader. If he had a GOP congress and senate, he would work to fundamentally change America back to its intended course defined by our founding document. That'd be a win all the way around. God Bless

10-Jan-17

10-Jan-17
Anyone got a link to Cruz's talk?

10-Jan-17
Found it!

Cruz destroyed the Libs!

10-Jan-17
So, slade. Is Cruz now still "lyin' Ted' per your numerous and wholly unsupported allegations of the past year?

10-Jan-17
I am hopeful for the Trump administration, but still feel Ted Cruz would have been a great president!

10-Jan-17
He's still young.

10-Jan-17
Lucas X 2!

OTOH, he looks like he's been bellying up to the buffet a lot lately.

10-Jan-17
I watched it live and Cruz hit every point that should have destroyed the Obama administration. He did very well. Jeff Sessions handled himself very well and will get the job.

10-Jan-17
Good stuff. Tried listening to it on the radio today but I had to change it before I punched the screen on my stereo listening to the idiot democrats

10-Jan-17
The reality and truth of the matter is that Ted Cruz could not win a general election with the strict conservative lines he draws in the sand. I honestly wish it could be so but the ship that he captains has long sailed in American politics. Cruz and Paul as is Schumer and Pelosi are the past molds of the American politician whose time has come to past. The future of America is down the middle as hard as that may be to swallow. The Republicans hopefully have learned the winning makeup of the candidate that can win in today's America because I know the liberals have first hand. PE Trump is architect and the rough draft of the future of the new Republic. Each side will smooth out the rough edges polish them up and run out their candidate. America is no longer beholden to a "party" but will be to "the" party that recognizes the wants and needs of Americans and Americans first and foremost.

The game has changed and so will the faces and with it the policies.

The Rock

10-Jan-17
The only plus I think Trump offered over Cruz was his ability to jump start this economy and, our middle class job market. I really believe it is/was going to take a Trump to get these trade negotiations completed, and, his influence to get these companies to reestablish here.

Media and, most talk show people are trying to give credit for Trumps victory to his politics. It really has nothing to do with that. His political history was not in favor of us anyways. It was his anti establishment, job creating ability that won him this election. With both registered party voters. His politics and stance are pale in comparison to Cruz as far as conservative ideology goes. I know he promised the same but, realistically, he could never be the Conservative that Cruz is by practice. But, he is the guy that sure can get things rolling like Cruz couldn't. Because he is what Cruz isn't. I think Trump is exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it.

Cruz is going to be joshua to the Legislative Branch. He is going to be relentless and, he is going to be a hard pill to swallow at times. But, he is going to stand his ground and, he isn't going to deviate from the bounds of the Constitution. Which is exactly what we need once we get back on the court to play ball.

Now, please don't misunderstand me in tooting knucklehead's,(joshua) horn. But, there is no denying what he is. Just a big question about how he goes about it and, the way he rationalizes it.

God Bless men

10-Jan-17
The supposed 'fact' that Cruz is not liked by his colleagues is a good thing in my mind.

Cruz wants to strictly follow the Constitution. Most of his colleagues prefer to feather their nests at the expense of the taxpayers.

He wants to take away their goodies. I say, HOORAY for that!

10-Jan-17
The more Cruz is disliked by his "colleagues", the more I l like him and appreciate his courage, patriotism, and his love for the Constitution and the Rule of Law. I love to see him "let loose" on those hypocritical demons like he did during the Sessions hearing today.

10-Jan-17
Didn't even have to whip out his snake and swing it around the room..... so to speak.....

10-Jan-17
I admire Ted Cruz for his 180 turn when Donald Trump became PE Trump for the good of the nation. He placed aside a deep personal cut from PE Trump because I believe he realized the seriousness of the moment and the future of what America can now, finally, become. His future lays in the SC in my opinion in that his greatest strength is his unmatched intelligent conservative convictions which he would not compromise as in Justice Scalia. His permanent position in that body would serve and preserve family values and strong Constitutional law to protect us for a generation. As a young man, Ted Cruz's America would ensure and place our grandchildren's future in solid secure conservative hands. How else and to which higher office could anyone serve to benefit the people for life and the people of a nation I believes he truly loves. His commitment will be rewarded I predict by PE Trump and his "robe" awaits him.

The Rock

The Rock

10-Jan-17
I agree Rocky.

10-Jan-17
Rock X 3. It would be great to see him run the country one day. It would be even better to see him serve on the bench for about 30 years. And, I've been thinking it was a real possibility since you said it months ago. God Bless

10-Jan-17
X2 on the SCOTUS seat.

10-Jan-17
The Old Politician is all about control. Cruz ain't one of those. That's why the McConnel's and McCain's don't like him.

11-Jan-17
Yeah, and also actually DOES what he said he'd do. Imagine that.....someone who lives by his word!

11-Jan-17
Gosh with all this endorsement of "down the middle" politics, one would have thought Dole and McCain would have fared better.

Trump took hard right stances with lines drawn in the sand and won because of it. Trump didn't play the middle of the road, sure he moderated some. However I wouldn't call building a wall, banning muslims, strengthening national defense, developing our energy and making budget and tax cuts a middle of the road platform. Would you Rocky?

11-Jan-17
Link,.... I fully understand your position and your point to the obvious policies PE Trump championed. In victory one must realize immediately the dynamics concerning that victory, but, most importantly, for future considerations and long term success, the dynamics of your opponents strategy and the mathematical percentage of their committed constituency to challenge going forward. PE Trump did not win this election on policy alone, and, as a matter of personal opinion I believe the social uprising of fanaticism, fueled by disgust and mistrust of the status quo won the day. PE Trump pried away enough Democrats, Independents and "unaffiliated" voters who were content to sit it out but who simply had enough. These voters did not see PE Trump as their 1st choice as their candidate. What they did see however and everyone in this nation dismissed, was that they were seeing RED and all else be damned in bringing down the house. After all, what did they have to lose when they were being told that "all was lost".

The Rock

The Rock

11-Jan-17
I heard somewhere Trump was down to four from the list....

Steven Colloton of Iowa, Allison Eid of Colorado, Raymond Gruender of Missouri, Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, Joan Larsen of Michigan, Thomas Lee of Utah, William Pryor of Alabama, David Stras of Minnesota, Diane Sykes of Wisconsin and Don Willett of Texas.

• Sitka Gear