Anony Mouse 13-Jan-17
Scar Finga 13-Jan-17
Anony Mouse 13-Jan-17
Shuteye 13-Jan-17
AZOnecam 13-Jan-17
Scar Finga 14-Jan-17
AZOnecam 15-Jan-17
12-Jan-17
An AZ DPS trooper was en route to a call for a vehicle hit by gunfire at mile marker 81 at about 4am today on I-10 Westbound, towards California border. At approx. MM 89, the trooper discovered a flipped vehicle in the median with a female ejected from the car. As the trooper was setting flares, cones, he was ambushed and shot in the shoulder. A motorist traveling west on I-10 came upon a male on top of the trooper bashing his head on the pavement. He got out and asked if he needed help. The trooper said he did so the guy retrieved a handgun and approached the 2 fighting on the highway . He told the suspect to stop bashing the troopers head. When he didn't stop, the civilian shot him, killing him. The ejected female passenger died at a local hospital.

Prayers for that trooper and a big kudos to the citizen who saved his life..

12-Jan-17

Chuckster's Link
Here's the link. It includes radio traffic with the hero calling on the troopers radio for help.

12-Jan-17
Nice. One more low life out of the breeding pool.

12-Jan-17
And they have not released the good guys name. I can imagine all the threats he would receive.

Terry

12-Jan-17
Good thing the Samaritan didn't off that POS in Kalifornia. They'd have to pipe sunshine into for using something more powerful than a slingshot.

13-Jan-17
They don't know the good guy's name. The trooper wants to thank him for saving his life but they don't have any idea who he was. I was thinking, if he didn't have a permit for the gun he would end up in trouble. I realize in AZ you don't need a permit, but what if he was out of state?

13-Jan-17
BTW it wasn't a guy, it was a woman that shot the bad guy. She asked the cop if he needed help, and he said yes so she shot the bad guy. She must have been a good shot, she killed him.

13-Jan-17
Cowboy Code Of Ethics..........

1. Live each day with courage

4. Do what has to be done

10. Know where to draw the line

13-Jan-17
Sounds like a very intelligent individual. Thank you kind madam (based on Shuteye's post), no one needs to know who you are.

13-Jan-17
Not much better than a dirt nap for a dirt bag,

13-Jan-17
Stranger saves Arizona state trooper shot after traffic accident on I-10 near Phoenix

From the article:

"...The driver, whose name has not been released, was in the car with his family. He pulled over after seeing the fight. He asked the officer if he needed help and when the officer said yes, ran back to his car and retrieved a weapon.

The family man drew his weapon and demanded the attacker stop. When that didn’t happen, he fired and hit the man multiple times. The stranger used the police car radio to call for help..."

It appears that the man's name has not been released and he did not just drive away and leave the trooper lying on the ground.

More:

"...Arizona has a “defense of third person” law that allows someone to use deadly force against another who is threatening or injuring a third person. It was not unusual that the passing driver was armed in this gun-friendly state with loose regulations.

“Arizona was open-carry before it was a state,” Charles Heller, co-founder of guns-rights group the Arizona Citizens Defense League, said of laws allowing people to carry firearms in public. “If you see a guy walking down the street in Tucson, Arizona, with a gun on, you don’t think much of it. It’s natural.”..."

Since Obama and company put targets on the backs of our LEOs, I always take a little closer look when I see one with a vehicle stopped just in case. These sorts of events are occurring all to often today.

13-Jan-17
As long as you can legally own a firearm, people from out of state can also open carry in AZ. it is perfectly legal, No Permit Required. Just don't conceal a loaded weapon in your car when traveling from out of state. it can be loaded and on the seat next to you or in a hip holster, just not concealed. If you are an AZ resident and can legally own a firearm, you can carry concealed without a permit.

GOD BLESS the Good Samaritan! God Bless AZ! God Bless you all!,

Scar.

13-Jan-17
Clarification: most out of state carry permits are honored by AZ.

Handgunlaw.us

13-Jan-17
I would be legal to carry in AZ, plus a lot of other states.

13-Jan-17
You don't need a permit to carry concealed in AZ.

14-Jan-17

Scar Finga's Link
One thing to note.... Most Indian Nations DO NOT recognize concealed carry and most do not allow loaded firearms in your vehicle or on your person at any time! That being said, if you are just "passing Through" and are pulled over, If asked, inform the officer that you are carrying and in "MOST" cases there will be no problem... Don't Lie! Remember they are Sovereign Nations. Scar.

15-Jan-17
That being said, I would NEVER travel through the Navajo/4 corners area without a gun in the car. Especially around 4th of July (Rodeo weekend up there). Got in a pickle up there once and was glad to have it handy. Didn't have to shoot but we sure left in a hurry.

• Sitka Gear