HDE 17-Jan-17
DL 17-Jan-17
HDE 17-Jan-17
Owl 17-Jan-17
bb 17-Jan-17
elkmtngear 17-Jan-17
17-Jan-17

Woods Walker's Link
"A holiday turned horror show on Martin Luther King Day (January 16).

Eight people were shot in Miami during the national break festivities.

Police say at least one is in critical condition, and the youngest victim is just eleven years old."

17-Jan-17
The article makes no mention of the race of the shooters or the people. So that means they weren't white!!!

This'll be Trump's fault too.

Somehow I just don't think that this was what Dr. King had in mind. I've also always thought that while this should be a national day of recognition for Dr. King, I do believe that what he was and what he stood for would be much better served if kids did NOT have a day off from school, but rather a day in school devoted to learning about King and what he did.

But I guess I'm racist....

17-Jan-17
Nothing like shooting people to celebrate a holiday.

17-Jan-17
They forgot to mention how many were shot in Chicago, not that it should take away from the trajedy of this. 8 families have just been horribly affected.

17-Jan-17
I was duck hunting yesterday and the person next to me was a dr in Minneapolis in an ER room. She said they had one guy that was shot 9 times that they saved. All that work so they could go out and do it to someone else. Another time they had a code Orange go off. A shooting victim was in the ER and a gang came in to finish him off.

17-Jan-17
That's why we have LE in hospitals...

Would prefer patrons to put a little fear into them instead...

17-Jan-17
Dr King's dream came true, God bless him. People are largely judged by the content of their character. It is just bad news for a lot of people.

17-Jan-17
Should create a week long festivity, not just a day. Should be able to make a real dent in the problem

17-Jan-17
Liberals are currently attempting to "re-decipher" the words of MLK, in order to make him look like more of an activist vs pacifist. Applying new meaning to his words, helps justify their divisive movement. Sad day, when the words of a man who preached nothing but unity become bastardized, what a tragic stain on his legacy.

• Sitka Gear