Keith in colorado 20-Feb-17
TD 20-Feb-17
Shuteye 20-Feb-17
HA/KS 21-Feb-17
19-Feb-17

Mike the Carpenter's Link
Headlines from the link...

"Bass Pro Shops' acquisition of Cabela's now looking shaky"

If this were to be true, I can see it only being a plus for the Sportsman.

20-Feb-17
Cabelas has become way over priced and the quality of their name brand merchandise has gone to crap as well. However, they are way better than BassPro in all aspects. I shop locally if at all possible, and I really like Sportsman's Warehouse.

Scar.

I

20-Feb-17
I feel a bit differently. Cabela's quality and price leave a lot to be desired, I feel that BPS is the much better retailer in those areas.

20-Feb-17
Unless I am buying fishing gear BPS does nothing for me. As for hunting gear it's REI, Scheels, Cabela's and a few online retailers.

20-Feb-17
I like both but Cabelas is closer so that it where I go. Cabelas clothing is way overpriced. They have excellent sales on ammo and guns from time to time.

20-Feb-17
I've found ammo and firearms to be a little better price at Cabelas then BPS. Cabelas bargain cave is better than BPS outlet store also. Both are pretty close to equal on reloading supplies. I do think BPS's main store has a good supply of hunting gear. Most of my BPS has been at the main store in Springfield and once in awhile at Little Rock Arkansas when I'm down that way, (the Branson MO store is beyond worthless). Most of my Cabelas experience has been at the Rogers AR store.

I really hope the buyout falls apart as I'd rather have the 2 stores separate.

20-Feb-17
Anyone who is still buying guns and ammo from retail stores is living in the past! You can buy online far cheaper and just as easy! Look up Grab a gun.com will save you hundreds

20-Feb-17
What fulldraw said. Only time I've compared them literally side by side was in Phoenix. Cabelas was hands down the better store.... unless I was looking for a lil boat or fishing gear.

Theses days most of my gear is a bit more specialized..... I'm spending a good bit more money with KUIU, Firstlite, Lancasters, Zebra, VPA, etc. Other things I'm getting used on ebay for pretty decent prices if you have the patience.

20-Feb-17
If you buy a gun online it must be shipped to a FFL dealer, that's the law. The FFL dealer will charge to to do the paperwork and background check. It is easier for me to go to Cabelas and do it all right there and the paperwork and background check is free. I also can look at the gun before buying and pick out the one I want. My wife buys a lot of ammo online. Some she will not buy from and they are the ones that jacked the prices sky high when ammo was scarce. I live near a gun shop that has never been without any ammo I wanted. 22 LR hollow points were scarce for a while but they had everything else. Buying online bulk is cheaper than my gun shop though.

21-Feb-17
I have two Cabela's shirts that I have had for 20 years, worn a bunch, and still look practically new.

• Sitka Gear