Contributors to this thread:
The last savage 22-Feb-17
tonyo6302 22-Feb-17
The last savage 22-Feb-17
Scar Finga 22-Feb-17
Gray Ghost 22-Feb-17
ben h 22-Feb-17
22-Feb-17
Getting on a plane headed to Belize for 10 days.. Planning on fishing my ass off,spin gear ,wading flats, kayaking river fish.. Anyone have any spots ,beta to share??? Thx. Pat

22-Feb-17
Nope, never been there. Please send photos and keep us updated. I hear the place is gorgeous.

22-Feb-17
sounds fantastic. I would also like to see an after action report.

22-Feb-17
Will do boys... Half way there!!

22-Feb-17
Tear it up Savage, sounds like a great time!

Scar.

22-Feb-17
Pat,

I spent 2 weeks in Belize to attend a relative's wedding. It wasn't a fishing trip by any means, but we did charter a local fishing guide from the Punta Gorda area for one day.

We went with the cheapest charter we could find, and we got what we paid for. It was basically an all-day boat ride. The "guide" had 3 crappy rods, and a handful of rusty lures, that we trolled with. It was a disappointing experience.

My advice is do your research and find the best local guide you can afford, who does the type fishing you desire. Go to school off of his knowledge for a day, then you'll be better prepared to do it on your own for the rest of the trip.

Matt

22-Feb-17
Never fished Belize. Whenever we fish a new place we do exactly what Grey Ghost suggests. Hire a good guide for a day (we usually do 1/2 day), watch exactly what they do and pay attention to little details and then we just mimic that on our own the rest of the time. Sometimes little differences matter when fishing, sometimes trolling 1/4 mile an hr too fast, or slightly too long/not enough leader, and little things like that can be a deal breaker.

Have a great trip!

ben

• Sitka Gear