Owl 22-Feb-17
Ruger 22-Feb-17
Mike in CT 22-Feb-17
tobinsghost 22-Feb-17
spike78 22-Feb-17
itshot 22-Feb-17
Mike in CT 22-Feb-17
22-Feb-17
Joe the Conservative Republican. See if you recognize yourself.

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and good, because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards. With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take, because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan, because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too. He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat, because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry. The eggs have an expiration date thanks to some pansy liberal. In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents, because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained. Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean, because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air. He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees, because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor. Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation, because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Joes employer pays these standards, because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check, because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home, because of his temporary misfortune. Its noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FDIC, because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression. Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan, because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world, because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration, because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. Or any loans to farmers. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification. He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union pension, because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to. Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

22-Feb-17

Ace's Link
Way to pat yourself on the back. Except it's the typical Liberal delusion: 'Big Government Good, Big Businesses Bad'. And you forgot the part where Joe has to work overtime to pay for all the welfare and food stamps for the people who are perfectly capable of working, but choose not to. Of course most of those good things are present because of free market Capitalism, not big government, but I really wouldn't expect a collectivist to grasp that.

I linked to a 'Letter to Liberals' which I think sums it up nicely.

22-Feb-17
Hillary lost.

22-Feb-17
I didn't see who had posted and was waiting for the punch line. Something like "Joe pays 82cents of every dollar he earns in taxes so the government will do everything for him but wipe his @$$. "

Also Joes boyhood home was built in the 1920's by his grandfather. His grandfather paid cash on the barrel for the lumber he used and he wouldn't have taken a loan had it been offered. Ohh yeah college dept, look where liberalism has gotten us.

22-Feb-17
I have eaten thousands of eggs that didn't have an expiration date on them. My chickens weren't smart enough to print it on them. I also know where chicken eggs come from and the grocery store doesn't make them in my neck of the woods.

22-Feb-17
Shut eye you can probably remember these days ;) but an old timer told me years ago the left eggs in a non refrigerated egg cabinet for weeks, never had an egg spoil.

22-Feb-17
Giving the Ruger firemarms company a bad name.

22-Feb-17
"Clean Water Act" - signed into law by President Nixon(R) in 1972

"FDA" - created by the Food and Drug Act signed into law by President Roosevelt(R) in 1906.

The first two were pretty easy, I can keep going if you want. Otherwise, phuc off snowflake.

22-Feb-17

sleepyhunter's embedded Photo
sleepyhunter's embedded Photo
A day in Ruger's life.

22-Feb-17

Ace's Link
'There are 3 questions that would destroy most of the arguments from the left: 1) Compared to what? 2) At what cost? 3) What hard evidence do you have?' -Thomas Sowell

22-Feb-17
Joe has a job.

Joe pays his bills.

Joe likes bacon.

I recognized some stuff.

22-Feb-17
Well, I'm stuck wondering why "some stupid commie liberal" doesn't just proclaim every unaborted human a multi-millionaire or pass a law that nothing can be bought or sold only given and taken. Then, everything would be super keen, for sure.

Short-sighted in my opinion, particularly given, in the OP, it seems to take only one liberal to affect change.

22-Feb-17
"Don't argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level & beat you with experience. "- Mark Twain

22-Feb-17
There you go folks; stop arguing with Pop-gun......

Regurgitation of easily debunked memes should be a dead give-away that there is no intention to enter into an honest debate but merely to provoke a reaction.

Another illustration of Jack's characterization of some pos(t)ers; "no value-added content."

22-Feb-17

tobinsghost's embedded Photo
tobinsghost's embedded Photo

22-Feb-17
So Joe is breathing in the clean air in a city? Now I'm lost Ruger.

22-Feb-17
very telling, explains what's already understood by most

thanks lobstah

22-Feb-17
Give him time Paul, the night is still young......

• Sitka Gear